As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Totes!

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Brady's coming out of retirement for unfinished business and wants to go to a team whose aspirations are "maybe we won't be eliminated from the playoffs by week 10." Makes sense.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Yeah, Brady went to the Bucks because they were a good QB short of a contender. I don’t see how he would go to another team that wasn’t in a similar position.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Yeah, Brady went to the Bucks because they were a good QB short of a contender. I don’t see how he would go to another team that wasn’t in a similar position.

So you're saying in Brett Favre fashion he'll join the bills, win the super bowl and make buffalo fans hate themselves forever.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Multiple sources said the Bucs weren't prepared for Brady's retirement and their top priority after his announcement was begging for him to come back. I know Bruce Arians put on a tough guy act in one of his past press conferences, but he's going to be 70 this year and probably doesn't want to find a new guy to fill those shoes either.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

So you're saying in Brett Favre fashion he'll join the bills, win the super bowl and make buffalo fans hate themselves forever.

We didn't win the super bowl

The Saints' bounty system took him out for the season

But yes it's entirely likely we would have hated ourselves forever had he taken us there and won it

However we're Vikings fans so we know that was virtually impossible even sans Saints' bullshit

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Multiple sources said the Bucs weren't prepared for Brady's retirement and their top priority after his announcement was begging for him to come back. I know Bruce Arians put on a tough guy act in one of his past press conferences, but he's going to be 70 this year and probably doesn't want to find a new guy to fill those shoes either.

Yep. If Brady hadn't come back pre-draft, I figured there was an outside chance he would have walked away. If they weren't able to secure Rodgers/Wilson/Watson, I figure that's closer to 50/50.

I think the fact the Belichick stayed, was twofold. First, he wanted to prove that it wasn't just Brady, he could do it with anyone. Second, if he retires, the contract with the devil is due, and Satan will come collect. And yes, Belichick's ego outweighs his fear of being damned to hell. I mean... he already lives in New England.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Though we got our revenge

After all, what could be more humiliating than being portrayed by Kevin James?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Kevin James can be pretty funny, though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Detroit for Hard Knocks.

• Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Kevin James can be pretty funny, though.

He's one of those comedic actors that needs to be properly used like Jack Black, but because James is a friend of Adam Sandler (who just gets to make whatever he wants) that almost never happens.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Detroit for Hard Knocks.

Part of me is saying "haven't they suffered enough?", part of me is anticipating the upcoming train wreck.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    To think, I usually have to wait 'til the draft to be disappointed with the Lions!

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    HBO must really think Dan Campbell is an interesting personality because I can't think of any players who are compelling on this roster.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Well I guess everyone thinks Dan Campbell is Ted Lasso

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Perhaps they're saving themselves for next year's Cleveland shitshow.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Eeeyy that means a wider audience gets to experience Jamaal Williams! Always a win.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Perhaps they're saving themselves for next year's Cleveland shitshow.

They just did Cleveland a few years ago, it gave us Todd Haley wide-eyeing Hugh Jackson’s lack of coaching urgency, Bob Wylie’s amazingly jolly mid section, and “Carl Nassib, Financial Advisor”

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Eeeyy that means a wider audience gets to experience Jamaal Williams! Always a win.

Jamaal Williams should be a national treasure. I miss seeing him dance during warmups pre-game.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    OMG! Ryan Bates signed his offer sheet with the Bears and it looks like the Bills won't match! The fucking highlight of the off-season is a back up guard with 4 career starts, let's go!

And the ended up matching after all. I guess Byron Pringle is now the highlight of the Bears acquisitions. What a dud of an off-season.

• Options
    San Francisco GM John Lynch was asked about the possibility that Garoppolo might be released.
    “I don’t foresee that,” said Lynch on releasing the quarterback. “He’s too good of a player. I think Jimmy will be playing for us or will be playing for someone else. He’s too good of a player not to be.”

Brilliant, John.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    No one wants to trade for a guy earning 25 million who just had surgery on his throwing shoulder and won't be able to throw a ball until training camp at the earliest. Shock.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Plus teams would want to trade for Mayfield first and that’s not even happening

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm glad reports John Lynch wasn't up mentally for the GM job were proven incorrect.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    OMG! Ryan Bates signed his offer sheet with the Bears and it looks like the Bills won't match! The fucking highlight of the off-season is a back up guard with 4 career starts, let's go!

And the ended up matching after all. I guess Byron Pringle is now the highlight of the Bears acquisitions. What a dud of an off-season.

I’m glad the Bears parted ways with Robinson. He and Fields clearly didn’t have any kind of connection, and I want nothing but good things for A Rob. I wish they would have traded him during last season when they might have gotten something for him.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular

I’m glad the Bears parted ways with Robinson. He and Fields clearly didn’t have any kind of connection, and I want nothing but good things for A Rob. I wish they would have traded him during last season when they might have gotten something for him.

I wanted him retained, my feeling was that Nagy caused the disconnect. Robinson thrived with Blake Bortles, he's exactly the kind of WR a young QB needs while learning the ropes. Right now, Fields has an RB, a number 2 WR, and no line. This is not ideal for his second year.

• Options
    So... who has it worse? SF or da Bears, in being actively sabotaged by their front office? I think the 49ers could be a legit contender if not for failures by the GM. Whereas da Bears have had pieces, and then a clear misread on talent has them sabotage themselves into garbage, that if it wasn't for the Lions, would be considered a decades long joke within the division.

• Options
    The Niners have been to a SB and NFCCG in the last 3 years under this front office

• Options
    The Niners have been to a SB and NFCCG in the last 3 years under this front office

The Bears went to the playoffs four years ago, I think?

It's not about systemic failure, it's about how much the GM (and ownership if they're meddlers) have sabotaged a program. Thinking more "how many more games would the team have won with competency at the GM position?"

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    So... who has it worse? SF or da Bears, in being actively sabotaged by their front office? I think the 49ers could be a legit contender if not for failures by the GM. Whereas da Bears have had pieces, and then a clear misread on talent has them sabotage themselves into garbage, that if it wasn't for the Lions, would be considered a decades long joke within the division.

The Vikings have entered the chat.

• Options
    Buffalo Bills get $850M in public money for their new stadium including a whopping $600M from the state of New York. Taking into account $227M for renovations from Erie County since 2013, this Bills ownership group has secured over a billion dollars from tax payers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33615965/nfl-unanimously-approves-buffalo-bills-proposal-new-14-billion-stadium-bills-reach-lease-agreement-new-york-erie-county

• Options
    The Great Stadium Swindle continues apace.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Buffalo Bills get $850M in public money for their new stadium including a whopping $600M from the state of New York. Taking into account $227M for renovations from Erie County since 2013, this Bills ownership group has secured over a billion dollars from tax payers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33615965/nfl-unanimously-approves-buffalo-bills-proposal-new-14-billion-stadium-bills-reach-lease-agreement-new-york-erie-county

In totally unrelated news, the proposed budget cuts funding for the Office of Children and Family Services by $800 million.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Also the owner of the Bills is worth over 5 billion dollars. Way too poor to afford a new stadium. I'm sure he won't make profit from the stadium until the state is paid back with interest though.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    MorganV wrote: »

The Vikings have entered the chat.

A few franchises find the lack of disrespect disrespectful

Please show the proper lack of respect for Detroit and Houston

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    I mean, Detroit is where all-time greats go to retire early when the front office fails to help them

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    Also the owner of the Bills is worth over 5 billion dollars. Way too poor to afford a new stadium. I'm sure he won't make profit from the stadium until the state is paid back with interest though.

Walmart, Home Depot, and tons of other major companies do this all the time as well. And the Walmart folks are some of the richest in the world. Sadly governments just need to stand up to this nonsense in general.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Walmart, Home Depot, and tons of other major companies do this all the time as well. And the Walmart folks are some of the richest in the world. Sadly governments just need to stand up to this nonsense in general.

Oh you mean the Rams and Falcons owners? Yeah

Captain Inertia on
  • Options

Gave 100 million to PSU to start a hockey program about 10 years ago.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular

I'm not sure what your point is but good for him? He's still a greedy asshole costing NY taxpayers a shitload of money instead of using loans like a real person.

• Options

I'm not sure what your point is but good for him? He's still a greedy asshole costing NY taxpayers a shitload of money instead of using loans like a real person.

That he has the money and this is bullshit.