As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pudding [chat]: How to recognize varieties of pudding from very far away

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Yorkshire Pudding
    Organichu wrote: »
    I don't think those repackaging home organization people are concerned with waste. it seems like the aesthetic is what they care about.

I'm not going to pretend I'm not a little bit bothered when I buy spices in jars that don't match my other jars, but not enough to do anything about it

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »

finally someone brave enough to say it

I feel like putting dry goods in a refillable and/or well sealed container makes sense.

He's not wrong about the ziplocks and cling wrap.

i've seen the one where they dump out the spice jars and them dump them back into different jars with a label maker label attached before and i mean

that's just straight up throwing away a perfectly good jar and creating more waste

How is that creating more waste

The spice jar is just being thrown out earlier

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    oh no. ms marvel shows people at salat. the internet is gonna be mad.

The "I'm mad but pretending it's because of the changes to her powers" crowd are going to be out in full force

Already seen tons of this

As if her stretching was the draw and not literally EVERYTHING else about her

• Options
    Also the jars spices come in generally can’t be stacked effectively, whereas purchasable containers often can!

Also in that video the person found containers that fit her drawer perfectly, that’s why she’s using them and not the cling film box

• Options
    Yorkshire Pudding
    The real life hack is to only use, like, three spices anyway, so you don't need much space

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Black Pudding

I feel like putting dry goods in a refillable and/or well sealed container makes sense.

i've seen the one where they dump out the spice jars and them dump them back into different jars with a label maker label attached before and i mean

that's just straight up throwing away a perfectly good jar and creating more waste

I have spice jars but it's because I refill with these babies:

mexican-herb-spice-medley-31.png

(still single use plastics I know, but I haven't found a no container dry goods store around me)

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular

i want to agree on the ziplock/cling wrap thing but it's also super annoying when the ziplocks come in a huge ass goddamn box even though they could have fit in the normal size box...in a small new york apartment it's nice to have things that are a predictable size....i'd never DO this but i can maybe see the appeal only on ziplocs because oh i bought a different brand or the freezer version and NOW I CAN'T FIT THEM IN THE DRAWER AND HAVE TO FIND ROOM THAT I DON'T HAVE IN A CABINET

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    alright casual eddy is making some good points

I'm like Mac in the cereal-crash episode of iasip; I'm quickly swinging back and forth between who's presenting their case best

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Yorkshire Pudding

How is that creating more waste

The spice jar is just being thrown out earlier

i

shit

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Wonder if they'll keep the whole thing where her Imam is one of her mentors

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    the cling film box is usually awful beyond words so I'd buy the reusable replacement one. the rest I could take or leave.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Everyday Beasts sig is a little more mockinh

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus
    Why don’t you simply use a small enameled Le Creuset jar for every item?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Yorkshire Pudding
    Just grow your own spices, people

It's not that hard

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to carve lumps off my cinnamon tree before tending to my turmeric... bush

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Yorkshire Pudding
    i take it all back

• Options
    I have never heard of miss marvel, don't know or care what her powers are supposed to be, and I don't hate brown people or muslims (though I do have significant issues with people from jersey)

I think I'm one of the lucky few who are maybe going to enjoy this show, how delightful for me

• Options
    Everyday Beasts sig is a little more mockinh
    Look, we can't all be as cool as me.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Yorkshire Pudding
    I have never heard of miss marvel, don't know or care what her powers are supposed to be, and I don't hate brown people or muslims (though I do have significant issues with people from jersey)

I think I'm one of the lucky few who are maybe going to enjoy this show, how delightful for me

she is great and i am very excited and also i gave my niece a collection of the comics a couple years ago when she was first learning to read and she loved them so that makes it even better

• Options
    In the comics she has Mr Fantasticish stretchy powers. But that's never translated ot live action well so in the show it looks like vague crystal force fields?

• Options

Yeah I'm with you on all of that but my dislike for people from jersey may win out on this one.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Black Pudding
    Honk wrote: »

Hey!

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Banana Pudding

The "I'm mad but pretending it's because of the changes to her powers" crowd are going to be out in full force

SHE'S STILL STRETCHY DAMNIT
    5ytfagnm1vzz.png

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

she is great and i am very excited and also i gave my niece a collection of the comics a couple years ago when she was first learning to read and she loved them so that makes it even better

One of my coworkers is Palestinian. She and her daughter both adore Ms. marvel, so I cannot wait to talk to her about it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Yorkshire Pudding
    In the comics she has Mr Fantasticish stretchy powers. But that's never translated ot live action well so in the show it looks like vague crystal force fields?

they did show her having a big fist so that's good enough for me

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Banana Pudding
    Atomika wrote: »

Hey!

Looks like we found the creuseteer

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Banana Pudding
    I'm jealous and wish I could afford Le Creuset everything

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Chanus

I hope it's good.
    She's a cool character

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Oh that does sound lame.

• Options
    last time I was at a mall I went in a le creuset store

I was kind of surprised that their various like, honey dippers and silicon spatulas and shit were not exorbitant- under 20 bucks

but all the real, actual pieces of cookware were of course stupefyingly expensive. I browsed aspirationally

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Banana Pudding
    I think a lot of people are going to enjoy Ms. Marvel, mostly people in this chat, and those are the people I'd like to discuss it with, so the rest of the internet can go soak their heads if they don't like it.

hot take.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Banana Pudding
    Athenor wrote: »

One of my coworkers is Palestinian. She and her daughter both adore Ms. marvel, so I cannot wait to talk to her about it.

Read these two posts together as I was scrolling and had to do a doubletake because I thought Athenor said "One of my coworkers is Palestinian and she has stretchy powers"

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    so long as the single use plastic isnt silly over the top like japanese levels of packaging or very thick and huge for a tiny item, I think the urge to eliminate it all is, it comes from a good place, but its often counterproductive.

if plastic packaging makes produce or dry goods last longer, the spoilage you avoid probably more than offsets things. if you use a plastic bag to freeze leftovers or keep meat fresh, or avoid making something stale, same thing applies.

• Options
    Yorkshire Pudding
    I'm jealous and wish I could afford Le Creuset everything

I've got a crock pot, a steamer, a teapot, and a rectangular oven dish thingy for stuff like lasagna

In the UK their stuff sometimes turns up at a shop called Home Bargains, marked down to an almost reasonable price

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Chanus
    BEAST! wrote: »

Yeah I'm with you on all of that but my dislike for people from jersey may win out on this one.

in times of crisis it is those who stay true to themselves who are the real winners

• Options
    Ugh, just found out Russia is sanctioning me.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    last time I was at a mall I went in a le creuset store

I was kind of surprised that their various like, honey dippers and silicon spatulas and shit were not exorbitant- under 20 bucks

but all the real, actual pieces of cookware were of course stupefyingly expensive. I browsed aspirationally

I have some of their cheaper accessory stuff and its pretty bad. The decorative ceramic stuff especially, damn. So fragile.

• Options
    Yeah the stretchy power always looks weird in cgi, the crystal stuff looks better

Anyway it looks neat!

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Black Pudding

Hey!

Looks like we found the creuseteer

I’m not obsessive or anything tho

I just have a roasting pan and a round baking crock and a square baking crock plus four of the cylindrical dry goods containers and a large rectangular baking tray plus a saucepan and bain-marie holding my utensils plus a pitcher

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Had to cut off the back cushions on the old couch to get it outside easier but we got that fucker out and new couch should be here within an hour not thrilled I have to throw out all these extra bags of garbage this week though

6xtw72xa2j8c.jpeg

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus

Hey!

I picked a set of three for Christmas gift from the company two years ago and I was going to make mustard and stuff but I ain’t do a god damn thing

PSN: Honkalot
This discussion has been closed.