Options

I'm not Sue Gruff [Game Grumps]

191011121315»

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    You have a point, as Game Grumps videos, the ones on the bad games are leagues better. And as a game, Arzette seems at a mid-point between "decently fun platformer" and "bad in ways that were not necessary, except for the homage." I still think the cutscenes have some funny stuff going on in them, that's keep me going on these episodes.

Oh no please understand I don't want to make it sound like I am saying the videos are bad or anything. I'm sure they're fun! I just watched the first few and decided that was enough for me. I'm honestly glad someone's getting some enjoyment out of it.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    You have a point, as Game Grumps videos, the ones on the bad games are leagues better. And as a game, Arzette seems at a mid-point between "decently fun platformer" and "bad in ways that were not necessary, except for the homage." I still think the cutscenes have some funny stuff going on in them, that's keep me going on these episodes.

Oh no please understand I don't want to make it sound like I am saying the videos are bad or anything. I'm sure they're fun! I just watched the first few and decided that was enough for me. I'm honestly glad someone's getting some enjoyment out of it.

Yeah, I wasn't saying you were being mean or anything, I have to agree they're not as good as the CDi videos, which are all time classics of the channel. The issue with Arzette is that it's a decent game made by a passionate team for a niche audience. So the Grumps probably didn't feel right going, "Wow, this part sucks!" in a funny way. And also, because the development was more competent, it mostly didn't suck. And it's also funny on purpose, instead of accidentally funny by happenstance. So there was less to latch onto in a lot of ways. Ultimately, maybe more fun to play than to comment on, but I was still into it, as a short series.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/4bto6sRexRY?si=Pf54cIkf4mCO63v0
    This is a really good ad campaign, lol.

• Options
    Yeah I'm really enjoying it lol when it first came on I thought I clicked the wrong video by mistake.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Meanwhile I at first thought they were playing a crappy old FMV game.

Also goddamn the punchline got me good.

• Options
    The bus game is going to have a lot of fun animated clips I'm guessing. I was cracking up at the thought of him being a bus driver.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/Uy-5axNW3SY?si=iXEL9aczfA30x-gj
    This is one of those games that every design decision makes you go "...but why?"

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    And sadly the answer is pretty obvious. "To cut costs to the absolute bare minimum and cash in on a game that's got a devoted fanbase nonetheless too small to justify actually spending money."

• Options
    https://youtu.be/274ekxFg6zo?si=82v2CtNn3mdEV6XQ
    The... adventure(?) continues.

• Options
    Jeeze who the fuck decided to make this game so lifeless!?

• Options
    The boys certainly salvaged the videos for sure though because I was engaged the whole time. I probably would have loved to watch a full series of them swimming around and chatting.

• Options
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited May 22
    urahonky wrote: »
    The boys certainly salvaged the videos for sure though because I was engaged the whole time. I probably would have loved to watch a full series of them swimming around and chatting.

Speaking of salvage, I've been replaying Hardspace: Shipbreaker lately and it seems to me that it would be kind of a perfect grumps game. Minimal story, lots of time to just chill out, cut spaceships into pieces and chat, but also plenty of opportunities to get yourself killed in various hilarious ways.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    Aw man the new Chillasart game wasn't very good for a playthrough.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Too many food 10MPHs. More zany adventures and stuff or product reviews, less zooming in on Arin eating literally garbage.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    IT'S HAPPENING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWsxfmQQPiE&ab_channel=GameGrumps

IIIIIITTTTT'S HAAAAAAPEENNNNNNIIIIING~~!

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    As someone who will watch that and enjoy it greatly, my first reaction was "Oh no!"

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    I hope he does a different voice for the protagonist… the annoying one he uses all the time for them just ruins all enjoyment I have for those episodes.