As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My [Chat] is Your Gain

19495969798100»

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

according to DCS, the A-10 is largely at the mercy of WW2 fighters if they engage it

because the A-10 fucking sucks and doesn't even have a radar

Shocking that an airframe built to be CAS and bust tanks would be vulnerable to fighters.

Next you'll tell me that it's slow too :tongue:

It's also not a good CAS aircraft

It's not a fighter but good god, it's so slow, the thing's a death trap compared to every other fixed wing aircraft used in the role

god people jerk off so hard to the A-10

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    haha GAU-8 go BRRRRRRRRT

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Wife snuck in and caught my potato and I napping.

zvm0nfvcjl3d.jpg

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    (also for anyone curious, I like layers in bed, so while I do have sheets, they're covered with various wools/fur/knit quilts that I sleep within/around)

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Yeah but which fighter jet has the cuter anime girl persona

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    I beat Elden Ring! It took me way longer than other people, ~150 hours (some of which was me getting summoned to help lfx with bosses, but only a few hours tbh)

What a fantastic experience. Very satisfying.

Now I'm like...huh, this has been all of my entertainment content for the past month. I haven't been reading or playing LoL or like...anything else. I kinda want to go back to playing LoL right now but I'm not sure. I see why people start NG+ but I think it's best if I don't and just wait for DLC.

If you want something different that scratches a similar itch, apparently Tunic is excellent unguided exploration with puzzles and tough bosses and etc

That's where I'm going next

I really don't like puzzles, is the problem. I was in Elden Ring for the combat and for the vibes. Exploration is nice but not entirely the point for me, I think.

The other games that are sitting on my computer unplayed are:

Psychonauts 2, Control, and Outer Wilds (I am willing to believe that it's good enough to overcome my distaste for puzzles but I'm a little worried)

I almost want to restart Dark Souls 2 or 3 but I think that's wrong

Oh shit wait I had just bought Warhammer Total War and was 25% into a campaign, maybe that?

(I also still somehow have like 30% of Disco Elysium left from when I started it like 2 years ago and inexplicably can't bring myself to finish it or restart it)

alternately: League of Legends, one million hours a day (...except I had instituted a whole thing about only playing 3-4 days a week, not every day, so I need to stick to that)
    Outer Wilds puzzles aren't super puzzley, as far as puzzles go, I think. For the most part, they're not very complicated, just one or two steps, and about realizing what piece of information you've found elsewhere allows you to do the thing.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I mean, balls is a terrible first guess in wordle.

PAPPY

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I beat Elden Ring! It took me way longer than other people, ~150 hours (some of which was me getting summoned to help lfx with bosses, but only a few hours tbh)

Now I'm like...huh, this has been all of my entertainment content for the past month. I haven't been reading or playing LoL or like...anything else. I kinda want to go back to playing LoL right now but I'm not sure. I see why people start NG+ but I think it's best if I don't and just wait for DLC.

If you want something different that scratches a similar itch, apparently Tunic is excellent unguided exploration with puzzles and tough bosses and etc

I really don't like puzzles, is the problem. I was in Elden Ring for the combat and for the vibes. Exploration is nice but not entirely the point for me, I think.

Psychonauts 2, Control, and Outer Wilds (I am willing to believe that it's good enough to overcome my distaste for puzzles but I'm a little worried)

Oh shit wait I had just bought Warhammer Total War and was 25% into a campaign, maybe that?

(I also still somehow have like 30% of Disco Elysium left from when I started it like 2 years ago and inexplicably can't bring myself to finish it or restart it)

alternately: League of Legends, one million hours a day (...except I had instituted a whole thing about only playing 3-4 days a week, not every day, so I need to stick to that)

I wouldn't say Outer Wilds really has puzzles. It's more like an information based Metroidvania

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i just finished elden ring and it also took me ~150 hours. i did everything! and that was a problem! actually too much content! cut like 20% of this game!

Fromsoft didn't have the foresight to carve off 40% of their product and sell it in small parcels later as DLC, disgusting.
    the actual final zone of the game feels like unfinished content shoved in the game because they ran out of time before release date, completely disconnected from the rest of the game. that's one specific place i can name that they should cut
    (and then cut a bunch of the repeated boss fights which are bad, namely
    cut literally every single dragon fight, they are all bad. ulcerated tree spirit pretty bad also cut them from every instance where you fight them in a too small arena or on uneven terrain
    )

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I always did wonder how the A-10 was supposed to kill tanks with that gun

like, tanks kill tanks and they have huge guns

the A-10 has a 30mm gun, so how does it...?

and turns out oh it just doesn't, really.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

I wouldn't say Outer Wilds really has puzzles. It's more like an information based Metroidvania

I’d call using information to figure out how to progress a puzzle, though.

I think this comes down to what Cred considers a puzzle. Will you be solving space sudoku to get the yellow key? No.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Try finger

But hole

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I can never tell how strong/noticeable my accent is.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Try finger

But hole

Select your finger

Select the butt hole

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    i just finished elden ring and it also took me ~150 hours. i did everything! and that was a problem! actually too much content! cut like 20% of this game!

Fromsoft didn't have the foresight to carve off 40% of their product and sell it in small parcels later as DLC, disgusting.
    the actual final zone of the game feels like unfinished content shoved in the game because they ran out of time before release date, completely disconnected from the rest of the game. that's one specific place i can name that they should cut
    (and then cut a bunch of the repeated boss fights which are bad, namely
    cut literally every single dragon fight, they are all bad. ulcerated tree spirit pretty bad also cut them from every instance where you fight them in a too small arena or on uneven terrain
    )

hm yeah the dragon fights got real boring after the first one

I think it might have been nice to make some different dragon movesets or something

whereas ulcerated tree spirits (aka wiggly dragons) were always kinda fun for me, although I can't explain why. I think cause I never quite figured out their moves and would just dodge responsively and whack away at them.

What place do you think they should cut?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 0.7

@Abdhyius will create the new thread
    @Hahnsoo1 is backup

This discussion has been closed.