Options

[Elden Ring] Shadow of the Erd Tree OUT NOW

1868788899092»

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    EvilCake wrote: »
    dumb lore question
    There are theories that Ranni and Melina are connected like this. Mostly because they are both bodiless weirdos and their closed eyes look the same.

Also there is a theory that Melina is the gloam-eyed queen. mostly because of the Lord of Frenzied Flame ending, where her eye is open and its kinda spooky looking
    oh yeah melina being ranni's counterpart makes sense, i could buy that

The gloam eyed queen theory seems a lot more tenuous

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I think Melina makes more sense as a
    Prison or container for the Gloam Eyed Queen - much as how Messmer has the Abyssal Serpent inside him. Though he was born like that ... but he is Melina's sister, almost 110% - They both are represented by butterflies (Scorched and Black Pyre). "Messmer, much like his younger sister, bore a vision of fire." - from Messmer's Kindling.

Notably also when you add Destined Death back to Melina's flames, they bloom red and dark, just like Messmer's do.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Spoiled for size and Shadow of the Erd Tree NPC spoilers
    gbzZOmR.jpeg

https://x.com/nagekichi/status/1810596305292664835

なげキチ
    @nagekichi
    惚れっぽい家系?
    #ELDENRING

Are you from a family that easily falls in love?
    #ELDENRING

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Well, that was incredibly boring but I successfully cheesed the Black Blade Kindred outsidr bestial sanctum and ran off with his greatsword for my Chill optimizer run.

Blackflame is a very useful trick

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Lore Question . ..
    Who is supposed to be Melina and Messmer's father? If I have Marika's children right, its:

M +G:
    Mohg
    Morgott
    Godwyn
    Godfrey

R + R:
    Ranni
    Radahn
    Rickard

M + R:
    Melina
    Miquella

Correct? So, where do Melina and Messmer fit in? It feels like its kind of like they would be M + R in between Godrey and Renalla, but. . . .that's just a feeling for some reason. Is it known?

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    Lore Question . ..
    Who is supposed to be Melina and Messmer's father? If I have Marika's children right, its:

M +G:
    Mohg
    Morgott
    Godwyn
    Godfrey

R + R:
    Ranni
    Radahn
    Rickard

M + R:
    Melina
    Miquella

Correct? So, where do Melina and Messmer fit in? It feels like its kind of like they would be M + R in between Godrey and Renalla, but. . . .that's just a feeling for some reason. Is it known?

I think this is largely left open to interpretation or guessing but my assumption was
    Messmer as M+G, because one of the things mentioned he and Gaius as elder brothers to the lion (Radahn)

Melina of course is still a big question but if the theory of her being Messmer's parallel holds she'd be the same

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OK, some of these Fog Rift Canyon and Black Scorpion Gulch cheap-deaths have been legitimately funny. More than a few times I've eaten sudden-shit and rather than thinking it was unfair, couldn't help laugh picturing the dev team one-upping each other in a room, like "ok that's real good, but what if we put another one right after that first one, just to really fuck with em'"

There was one "put of the frying pan into the fire" instakill in Black Scorpion that had me laughing so hard I actually dropped my controller

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    edited July 11
    JayKaos wrote: »
    burbo wrote: »
    Lore Question . ..

M +G:
    Mohg
    Morgott
    Godwyn
    Godfrey

R + R:
    Ranni
    Radahn
    Rickard

M + R:
    Melina
    Miquella

I think this is largely left open to interpretation or guessing but my assumption was
    Messmer as M+G, because one of the things mentioned he and Gaius as elder brothers to the lion (Radahn)

Melina of course is still a big question but if the theory of her being Messmer's parallel holds she'd be the same
    Messmer's Kindling strongly implies that he and Melina are siblings,
    "Messmer, much like his younger sister, bore a vision of fire."
    Messmer's hair also visually ties him to Radagon, much like Malenia and Radahn.
    Messmer, Melina, Miquella and Malenia are also the only four of Marika's children to have associated butterflies, the Black Pyrefly, Smouldering Butterfly, Nascent Butterfly and Aeonian Butterfly which implies a relationship between the four.

To me, Messmer and Melina were the first children of Marika and Radagon, predating Radgon's marriage to Rennala.

Hellbore on