As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A thread all about trailers

KanaKana Registered User regular
edited May 2023 in Debate and/or Discourse
This is the thread all about trailers

iStock_10259053_LARGE.jpg

0d99a36a-24c1-44ae-ac78-f17ac4768bad-jumbo16x9_accidentinHerkimerCounty.png?1621602569872

2048x1365-Trailing-Hanging_Houseplants_Jamie_Song_180418_Houseplant7_a4-1210d58.jpg?webp=true&quality=90&resize=940%2C626

99bcb6b7bf1fe122e53afe3df4c5caf5.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqqft2x_Aa4

Post your trailers here

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
ElJeffe on

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I think Michael Bay might just actually be bad at making movies

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

That's too many qualifiers.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options

the only two movies I liked from him were The Rock and Pain & Gain (which also had The Rock)

• Options
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    The Silverton Trio were three guys. That just seems like something you don't change if you're going to tell the story as a drama with the same names, dates, setting, etc.

I Rich Evans laughed at that Men trailer, it just didn't land the way they wanted it to a dab. I would love for the twist to be that the lead really is just the worst person in the world.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Something tells me all of this was originally supposed to be on Quibi.

sig.gif
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmOvgKSKokY

Darryl, bro, I guess your sports management gig didn't go so well, let's go work out, you been eating too many Pizza Hut pizzas.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb94W_Q0Y3c

Ok shitty action movie writers, women can be in action movie and not have a child at all associated. Also holy shit Sam Worthington sighting.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb94W_Q0Y3c

Ok shitty action movie writers, women can be in action movie and not have a child at all associated. Also holy shit Sam Worthington sighting.

Dammit, why not Brian Azzerilo's "100 Bullets" adaptation?

Also I legit thought that was Ewan playing another villain role, and not Sam.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I was hyped as fuck when the first trailer came out years ago, but I am worried it has been tampered with in that time.

The first trailer did something rather original these days, showing Maverick was still the best, despite the age difference and whatever new tech wonders abound, and that he was something we won't get anymore. This new trailer makes him seem much more like he's going to be the abrasive but protective parent and one of the newbs is going to unlock their super saiyan flight powers and be Mega Maverick. I don't want the torch passed, I want the rookies to be dabbed on and cry about it on tik tok.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    disheveled close ups are the new trailer thumbnail fad apparently

sergio leone would be proud

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Andrew Garfield is doing Under The Banner of Heaven

shit that is interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDRqWtwbiSM&feature=emb_logo

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    This might be one of the most accurate depictions of Mormonism in mainstream media.

Arch,
  • Options
    polarcamelpolarcamel Registered User regular
    This looks fun.

https://youtu.be/h6iROX1vTeE

Karen Gillan has to do a fight to the death agains the replacement clone she no longer needs. By the guy who made The Art of Self-Defense. In this one Aaron Paul is the sensei.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    polarcamel wrote: »
    This looks fun.

https://youtu.be/h6iROX1vTeE

Karen Gillan has to do a fight to the death agains the replacement clone she no longer needs. By the guy who made The Art of Self-Defense. In this one Aaron Paul is the sensei.

lolll
    We can't have two of you walking around forever. That would be ridiculous.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    This might be one of the most accurate depictions of Mormonism in mainstream media.

They're actually doing the baker hats from the temple ceremony. Mormons (don't call them that, actually do call them that) are going to be grumpy.

It's been a while since I read the book but they might include the temple disembowelment/throat slitting pantomime.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I like both those trailers

• Options
    Aaron Paul is definitely one of those actors who will turn in a good performance if he just has a good director to guide him

Otherwise he'll just be... There

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    I have a hard time with the clone deathmatch thing because if it really is my clone and the clone really is me, the only response I can imagine that we would have to being told we have a deathmatch in a year is to instantly and silently agree to spend the year training up to hunt down all the people who insist we have to kill each other.

I could never kill me, we're great people.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    I'd let me kill me

But me wouldn't kill me because we'd just kiss

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    This entertainment is too disturbing.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Krathoon wrote: »
    This entertainment is too disturbing.

https://youtu.be/3jFqhjaGh30

Local H Jay on
  • Options
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Finally the only animated movie about pirates that anyone has ever wanted since Peter Pan

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I have a hard time with the clone deathmatch thing because if it really is my clone and the clone really is me, the only response I can imagine that we would have to being told we have a deathmatch in a year is to instantly and silently agree to spend the year training up to hunt down all the people who insist we have to kill each other.

My clone and I would do literally nothing but eat and play games for a year, then toss a coin.

The outcome is the same, why make an effort ?

• Options
  • Options
    The Sea Beast could be interesting if they don't just make it water How to Train Your Dragon, or make the girl the magic fish whisperer, that only happens with the mermaid princess of Fishman Island. Make the sea beasts actual apex predators.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

I'mma be honest, this just looks kinda boring.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    M-Vickers wrote: »

My clone and I would do literally nothing but eat and play games for a year, then toss a coin.

The outcome is the same, why make an effort ?

Because vengeance is a deal at any price, and getting the orchestrators using it for entertainment would be like... extra pre-vengeance pricing, because we're getting them before they force any vengeance acts. Also, two-for-one deal, with the clone.

See, if I had a duplicate, all of this would be obvious, I wouldn't have to explain any of it.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Given the other movies done by that individual ill give it a shot. But yeah not to exciting a trailer.

My body is ready for another minions movie w/ gru tho.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    DoctorArch wrote: »

They're actually doing the baker hats from the temple ceremony. Mormons (don't call them that, actually do call them that) are going to be grumpy.

It's been a while since I read the book but they might include the temple disembowelment/throat slitting pantomime.

Yes that was my 'oh shit this is gonna be interesting' moment

I guess the show runner, dude who made Milk, is ex mormon which means it should be pretty accurate.

Everything from the prayer Garfield says to the way he wears that tie knot is VERY Mormon.

Something that always bugs me in modern media, is most depictions of Mormons are very characterized, which I feel like detracts from the criticism of them. A raw, authentic approach that gets the little details right is a great way for really showing some of the darker shit instead of just making a joke out of it.

Element Brian on

Arch,
This discussion has been closed.