As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rest In Piss, Electronic Entertainment Expo

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Huh. Just learned something about FF7R that I don't know if it's actually true, but if it is then my interest has skyrocketed.
    This is an AU of FF7. There are two people who know what's going to happen in the future, in other words they know the entirety of the original FF7 story and can act on this knowledge.

And those two people are Aerith and Sephiroth.

Close, but not exactly? But real close.

I thought this was true? Unless
    its only sephiroth, and aerith is getting hints and glimpses?

Essentially though the point is its actually a "sequel", in that the original timeline exists and this one is happening because sephiroth is trying to change it. I think thats the gist? probably wrong
    Sephiroth knows. Like, super knows. And knows he loses.

Aerith doesn’t know, but she is a bit in tune with the planet and so has some intuition.

But most importantly, the changes have cascaded from Zack surviving his final stand. And the planet itself is embodying fate and is trying to course correct, hard.

I'm sorry what? THAT person survived? And it's causing issues bad enough to get a formerly neutral entity moving with its own will?

Yeah I need to play this in full next.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Yea ff7re went from a hard pass to super fun once I found put what it was really about.

Also on the other conversation I actually replaced Hi with Howdy in my speech for no reason at all and brains are weird so now its just stuck.

And despite that being the only thing like that I say I have had multiple people ask me if im originally from the south. NJ all my life and I'm just out here saying howdy like a goober.

DemonStacey on
    Fencingsax
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    How often do you lament snakes

And their proximity to your boot

DemonStacey
    Just say you watched a lot of Spongebob

DemonStacey
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm incapable of hearing howdy without thinking "Look, I'm Woody! Howdy howdy howdy"

WeedLordVegetaTynnanDarkPrimusMunkus BeaverH0b0manPwnanObrienFencingsaxcursedkingPaperLuigi44DemonStaceyOlivawSolarSkeith
    "Howdy, SpongeBob!" is my own mental rejoinder to the word

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I use howdy when I'm addressing a group, hello or hi when addressing a person

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    I will absolutely use howdy in conversation because the word is fun

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Tynnan3cl1ps3Crippl3MidniteShadowfirePreacherTonkkaFencingsaxSnicketysnickDemonStaceyElvenshaedarunia106MrMonroeMagic Pink
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

Yeah I think its a joyful way of saying Hello. Like if someone says howdy that's someone who's dialed in.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    DepressperadoCelloDemonStacey
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

Yeah, y'all should try it more often.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    DepressperadoCelloA Dabble Of TheloniusDemonStaceyTynnanElvenshae
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    I am incapable of resisting adding a "well," before my "howdy." and the willpower that it takes to hold back the "y'all", geez.

edit: I instinctively put my hand up to give a friendly back pat when I think about saying howdy.

Depressperado on
    I didn't see this at Keigh3 before, wearing its inspiration on its face but I don't hate it.

https://youtu.be/Bgvgn-hsf4s

Endless_Serpents
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Huh. Just learned something about FF7R that I don't know if it's actually true, but if it is then my interest has skyrocketed.
    This is an AU of FF7. There are two people who know what's going to happen in the future, in other words they know the entirety of the original FF7 story and can act on this knowledge.

And those two people are Aerith and Sephiroth.

Close, but not exactly? But real close.

I thought this was true? Unless
    its only sephiroth, and aerith is getting hints and glimpses?

Essentially though the point is its actually a "sequel", in that the original timeline exists and this one is happening because sephiroth is trying to change it. I think thats the gist? probably wrong
    Sephiroth knows. Like, super knows. And knows he loses.

Aerith doesn’t know, but she is a bit in tune with the planet and so has some intuition.

But most importantly, the changes have cascaded from Zack surviving his final stand. And the planet itself is embodying fate and is trying to course correct, hard.
    It's also implied then outright shown that Red XIII knows what's up as well. Note that in the Remake he's missing an eye and is able to see the future like Odin in Norse mythology.

Mwx884o.jpg
    Jars
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Red XIII was missing an eye in the original game too
    tuyd5mcxwr5a.png

BahamutZERO.gif
    FencingsaxcursedkingMidniteShadowfireshoeboxjeddyMunkus BeaverWeedLordVegetasarukunOlivawAndy JoeSkeithElvenshaedarunia106
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Yeah he was always missing an eye, it’s just not very forward facing in the in-game model

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    MegaMan001
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Sony is skipping E3 Gamescom this year.

https://www.eurogamer.net/playstation-latest-company-to-skip-gamescom-2022

Not surprising given there is still a pandemic on and Sony apparently only has the TLoU remake and God of War for this year, and they still haven't given GoW a date yet which inplies to me they still aren't sure it'll hit this year yet.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I wonder if anyone's ever made an Xbox shaped coffin.

They've got one lined up for Bobby Kotick

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »
    They've got one lined up for Bobby Kotick

Hopefully it red rings.

PreacherTonkkaMan in the MistssarukunElvenshaeFencingsax
    Ubisoft says it'll be at Gamescom.
    See you at @gamescom!

August 24-28, stay tuned for more news... https://t.co/lPQDovmc1e

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022

If Metroid Prime 3, the Metroid Prime remaster collection, 1-2-Switch-2, the first reveal ever of Hollow Knight: Silksong, and Fire Emblem: Lick Lucina's Sweat From Her Armpits aren't here at this third-party partner event then Nintendo has failed as a developer and I'm never buying a Switch again

Crippl3 on
    Andy JoeWeedLordVegetaXaquinAvalonGuardShadowfire
    We can at least be certain that they will hint at Breath 2 stuff, save it for the end, then say development is still proceeding but they're not going to show anything thanks for watching the entire Direct, sucker.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    it's a partner showcase, not sure they would even mention botw2 at all

DemonStaceyMidniteNaphtaliPreacherCrippl3PeewiWeedLordVegetaXaquinTheySlashThemOdinFig-DcursedkingBionicPenguinAvalonGuardShadowfireFencingsaxBahamutZEROOlivawMunkus Beavernever diejkylefultonAndy Joedarunia106
    edited June 2022
    It's a partner showcase, so that implies it's third party stuff, right? Rather than internal nintendo studios.

Undead Scottsman on
    DemonStaceyCrippl3BahamutZERO
  • ChallChall Registered User regular
    It's a partner showcase, so that implies it's third party stuff, right? Rather than internal nintendo studios.

Oh I thought they said a "pardner" showcase, where they do all the presentations in a western drawl

TheySlashThemAvalonGuardFencingsaxBahamutZEROPaperLuigi44The Zombie Penguin
    Brolo wrote: »

Nintendo sticks exclusively to the theme of a given Direct without so much as a teaser of some anticipated game bundled in at the very end to keep people watching? Huh, unusual for game media reveals.

I don't even know why Ubisoft advertises, they are the coke of game development. Other than telling you the street date of their next open world game what's the point?

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited June 2022
    Brolo wrote: »

Nintendo sticks exclusively to the theme of a given Direct without so much as a teaser of some anticipated game bundled in at the very end to keep people watching? Huh, unusual for game media reveals.

yeah they usually label the directs as a way of setting expectations for what you will/won't see there

so like an indie direct will pretty much always just be smaller titles, very rarely anything from 1st or 2nd party Nintendo-owned studios

Brolo on
    NaphtaliPolaritieWeedLordVegetaMidniteBahamutZEROThe Zombie PenguinAndy Joe
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I don't even know why Ubisoft advertises, they are the coke of game development. Other than telling you the street date of their next open world game what's the point?

I think it might be some sort of legal requirement.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    PreacherFencingsax
    on the other hand who even cares about breath of the whatever when this G I G A T O N announcement just leaked:

Smurfs Kart announced for Switch https://t.co/8eQCR2gRon https://t.co/3tuvq8q7JB

OdinMidniteshoeboxjeddyCrippl3ElvenshaeShadowfireTNTrooperaugustVeldrinOlivawMunkus Beavernever dieTheySlashThem
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    If Metroid Prime 3, the Metroid Prime remaster collection, 1-2-Switch-2, the first reveal ever of Hollow Knight: Silksong, and Fire Emblem: Lick Lucina's Sweat From Her Armpits aren't here at this third-party partner event then Nintendo has failed as a developer and I'm never buying a Switch again

I really love the idea that they would announce the Prime remaster collection for switch, and then later in the same presentation have a big dramatic reveal for.....Metroid Prime 3. The original. Just as a separate standalone release. Why? No one knows. Just Nintendo being Nintendo.

sig.gif
    edited June 2022
    According to the rumor, it's not a collection, FYI, it's just a remaster of the first Metroid Prime. No Echos and no Corruption.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    According to the rumor, it's not a collection, FYI, it's just a remaster of the first Metroid Prime. No Echos and no Corruption.

That's the more recent one, there's been "leaks"/store listings/rumors of a Metroid Prime Trilogy collection for Switch for like 3 years now as well

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    there have been metroid prime trilogy port rumors since the switch was announced it feels like
    I think they're bullshit

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    PreacherShadowfireshoeboxjeddyElaroFencingsaxGarlic BreadWeedLordVegetaMunkus BeaverInvisibleInkOdinPeewiTheySlashThemdarunia106Olivaw
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    honestly i think it's notable that the Partner Showcase term is coming back after having been absent all 2021

Andy Joe
    there have been metroid prime trilogy port rumors since the switch was announced it feels like
    I think they're bullshit

no its coming and its a switch pro exclusive, my uncle is a nintendo and he confirmed it to me

MegaMan001Fencingsax
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Is your uncle an N64 or a Gamecube?

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Is your uncle an N64 or a Gamecube?

This is Brolo we're talking about.

They're clearly a SNES, jeez

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Andy Joedarunia106
    sorry they're too important to the company to share a secret like that with casuals like you

so all you get is a teaser
    nLx41dx.png

OdinDiarmuidElvenshaeMidniteHexDex3cl1ps3BionicPenguinPoorochondriacshoeboxjeddyElaroTNTrooperIronKnuckle's GhostSkeithMegaMan001FencingsaxPwnanObrienOlivawdarunia106