As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rest In Piss, Electronic Entertainment Expo

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Why do people dislike Neil Druckmann again? I can't keep track of who did what and when.

Absalon on
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Oh, this fuckin guy

• ChallChall Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Callin' it, Batman isn't dead

No he's definitely dead. Remember, he died the same day Bruce Wayne died under mysterious circumstances

SnicketysnickFencingsaxOlivaw
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Why do people dislike Neil Druckmann again? I can't keep track of who did what and when.

bad crunch at Naughty Dog

JayKaosAndy Joe
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Even among AAA studios, naughty dog is a particular nightmare to work at

But if you ask neil that's just woke warriors trying to stop people from doing what they LOVE (unspeakable crunch)

OdinDiarmuidTheySlashThemPreacherJayKaosH0b0manGrey GhostAndy JoeSpeed RacerPeewishoeboxjeddyOne Thousand CablesMidnitedarunia106BloodsheedasofyeunMagellmiscellaneousinsanityMunkus BeaverPaperLuigi443cl1ps3FencingsaxOlivawElvenshaeBucketmanMan in the Mists
    A 'live service' Last of Us sounds like the last thing anyone wants

BroloPreachermxmarksMegaMan001ShadowfireFencingsaxOlivawBucketmanMan in the Mists
    edited June 2022
    Oh ffs Geoff, this is dire. Naughty Dog better have paid good to get an appearance with nothing to show.

Absalon on
    Andy Joe
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited June 2022

But if you ask neil that's just woke warriors trying to stop people from doing what they LOVE (unspeakable crunch)

Alternately because LOU2 was part of the de-masculinization of society as evidenced by Joel's slightly smaller shoulders.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    WeedLordVegetaSpeed RacerMidnite
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    There's a really weird "I Made This" meme energy to this guy talking about the HBO show.

reVerse on
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Neil Druckmann is also spectacularly bad at taking any form of criticism.

WeedLordVegetaSnicketysnickPreacherH0b0manGrey GhostAndy JoeSpeed RacerOdinshoeboxjeddynever diemilskiMidnitedarunia106BloodsheedmiscellaneousinsanityMunkus BeaverShadowfirePaperLuigi443cl1ps3FencingsaxOlivawrhylithmarajiBucketman
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    pretty sure I remember druckmann actively sicking lotu fans at a journalist on twitter at least once

WeedLordVegetaBroloMidnitedarunia106Bloodsheed3cl1ps3FencingsaxOlivawBucketman
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    he desperately wants his games to be mentioned in the same spaces as prestige TV and art house movies

oh sorry not movies

films

WeedLordVegetaSpeed RacerOdinMidniteBloodsheedMagellMunkus Beaver3cl1ps3FencingsaxOlivawElvenshaeBucketmanMan in the Mists
    Please don't tell me they are ending on TLOU: Slightly More Graphics.

Brolo
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Neil Druckmann is also spectacularly bad at taking any form of criticism.

When I was on twitter I remember someone from Naughty Dog tweeting at me about all kinds of dumb shit and it wasn't even last of us related, dude just like found my tweets and decided I was a liberal who needed to learn.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

IIRC, he's also been kind of shitty whenever someone reacts to Last of Us with any form of criticism.

WeedLordVegetaMidnitenever dieBloodsheedMagellMunkus BeaverFencingsaxBucketmanMan in the Mists
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    he desperately wants his games to be mentioned in the same spaces as prestige TV and art house movies

oh sorry not movies

films

Cinema

Children's rights are human rights.
    BroloOdinMidniteFencingsaxOlivawElvenshaeBucketman
    god this remake feels so unnecessary

Crippl3AbsalonFig-Dnever diemxmarksFencingsaxOlivawAndy JoeMan in the Mists
    edited June 2022
    "We spent 8000 manhours and tens of thousands of dollars on making the animations more like the original performance"

Oooh wow, have my 70 bucks!

Absalon on
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    What is happening to the subtitles

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    never die

Especially when there isn't a PS5 version of Part 2

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Fuck off, go home!

EQ8x2FO.jpg
    hIhdVdy.jpg

like i'm not sure adding MORE GRAPHICS is really doing anything at all, here

XaquinAbsalonDiarmuidPreacherElaroGrey GhostPeewiTheySlashThemshoeboxjeddyUndead ScottsmanMidnitemxmarksasofyeunMegaMan001MaddocPaperLuigi443cl1ps3FencingsaxOlivawTynnansarukunElvenshaemarajiBucketman
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    y'know i feel like after so many years of doing this nonsense keighley should be better at like, even one single aspect of it

AbsalonBahamutZEROmxmarksmiscellaneousinsanity3cl1ps3FencingsaxOlivawBucketmanMan in the Mists
    That was, by a hundred miles, the worst closing section of a game presentation thingy. Apart from the Wii U minigame thing.

There's new gameplay of Midnight Suns, they're staying with the card system which a lot of folks weren't sure they would after the initial reaction to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ZMhFLst1w

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    yeesh

Speed Racer on
    AbsalonWeedLordVegetaMidnite
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Somebody underestimated how much compute power they would need to rent from AWS/Google Cloud/Azure to generate captions...

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
    Fencingsax
    Aliens and Dead space remake are obvious.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    They actually didn't show the Dead Space remake, I don't think, that's Callisto Protocol

BroloPeewiMidniteFencingsax
    edited June 2022
    Yeah this was a 4/10. Some good stuff in there, but so much of it was faff or completely useless talking that no one cares about. Geoff warned us not to expect any bombshells, but parts of it felt like psychological warfare.

Absalon on
    So is the new aliens game like an xcom style thing?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    That last of us ending took so long and sucked the wind out of the show's sails so much that I can't remember anything else about the show other than I have no interest in paying $70 for a prettier ps3 game

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    AbsalonmxmarksFencingsaxOlivawMan in the Mists
  • PeewiPeewi I edited this in 2024 I edited this in 2024Registered User regular
    My two favorite things shown is that Neon White and TMNT Shredder's Revenge are both releasing in a week.

Crippl3Fig-DFencingsax
    Routine on Game Pass is pretty keen.

Crippl3
    day of the devs stuff is showing some good stuff, if you're looking for smaller titles

DaypigeonPeewiMidnite
    Bear & Breakfast looks delightful

BroloDaypigeon
  • PeewiPeewi I edited this in 2024 I edited this in 2024Registered User regular

(Tweeter is the guy who made Cookie Clicker)

BroloTheySlashThemChallXaquinPolaritieSpeed RacerGarlic BreadasofyeunmxmarksakajaybayTonkkanever diemiscellaneousinsanityBahamutZEROMunkus BeaverTNTrooperSleep3cl1ps3FencingsaxOlivawsarukunReynoldsElvenshaemarajiPwnanObrienBucketmanMan in the Mists
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    What if the bear one + the gun one, though??

ChallCrippl3
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

EQ8x2FO.jpg
    hIhdVdy.jpg

like i'm not sure adding MORE GRAPHICS is really doing anything at all, here

What I'm seeing here is that they've swapped eyeballs between remakes

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Endless_SerpentsmarajiSkeith