As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rest In Piss, Electronic Entertainment Expo

• ChallChall Registered User regular
    What if the bear one + the gun one, though??

Game Pitch: You play as the Charmin bear, and you have had it with people who use inferior toilet paper. Shoot your way through 20 levels full of unsanitary humans and at the end of each level you face off against a competing toilet paper mascot bullet hell boss battle

Crippl3never dieFencingsaxElvenshaeLindsay LohanMan in the Mists
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    god this remake feels so unnecessary

EQ8x2FO.jpg
    hIhdVdy.jpg

like i'm not sure adding MORE GRAPHICS is really doing anything at all, here

What I'm seeing here is that they've swapped eyeballs between remakes

I am tired and on my phone but I genuinely had to stare to figure out which one was supposed to be the modern version

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    PreacherMegaMan001
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Yeah I honestly think the PS4 version looks better.

Such a weird thing to spend time and energy on.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    OdinFencingsaxOlivawBucketman
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    The clothes seem a less textured in the update. I dunno. I'm good.

Some cool stuff in Day of the Devs.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Are they reselling the game? I could see that's the need to update it, to sell it back to people.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    ElaroReynolds
  • OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Are they reselling the game? I could see that's the need to update it, to sell it back to people.

This is like the third time they're remastering it

Fencingsax
    edited June 2022
    I didn't realize Fort Solis has Arthur in it.

I actually thought it was cool they had the voice actors over the name of the game, like a movie.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    mxmarks
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited June 2022

They're making a PC version. I guess they decided to stick it on PS5 as well, cos it'd be kinda dumb if they didn't, probably?

Diarmuid on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I can't imagine playing through the last of us more than once

In fact I gave up 2 thirds through it the first time

That game is miserable

FencingsaxAvalonGuard

That game is miserable

I thought people liked the first game, but the second one that was more contentious?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

That game is miserable

I thought people liked the first game, but the second one that was more contentious?

Yeah I just found it to be a slog both mechanically and emotionally

Doesn't help that I am freaking exhausted with zombie media even before the global pandemic

PreacherBroloFencingsaxAvalonGuardMortal Sky

That game is miserable

Yeah I just found it to be a slog both mechanically and emotionally

Doesn't help that I am freaking exhausted with zombie media even before the global pandemic

I mean fair. Emotionally draining games, are bad enough, but like zombie games are super tired.

I played through Dying Light 2, and towards the end I felt like "christ this is still going?" and I liked the original!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Devolver's going pretty great so far. Hosted by Mecha Suda-51 they just showed a game called "Anger Foot" which might be the best game name at not-E3 this year.

BroloShadowfirePolaritieReynoldsElvenshaePwnanObrien
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    How many people do you think didn’t get to see their child grow up because of how much time they’ve lost working on the multiple versions of last of us

PreacherElaroCelloMidnitemxmarksTheySlashThem3cl1ps3OlivawFencingsaxnever dieAvalonGuardMagellArteenWheatBun01PwnanObrienZonugalBucketmanMan in the Mists
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    How many people do you think didn’t get to see their child grow up because of how much time they’ve lost working on the multiple versions of last of us

"We actually named it The Last Of Us because we knew it was the last of us our families would ever see..." - Lead writer, speaking on conditions of anonymity

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
    PreacherPolaritieFencingsaxElvenshaeZonugalBucketmanMan in the Mists
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    neil druckmann's greatest artistic achievement would be permitting his employees to take part in the lives of their families

PreacherDiarmuidOlivawFencingsaxZonugalMan in the Mists
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I feel like not enough people are talking about Sony having the balls to charge SEVENTY FUCKING UNITED STATES DOLLARS for the Last of Us remake.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    Fencingsaxnever dieSyphonBlue
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Hmm, it might be insightful and/or funny to interrogate official video game names along the lines of "Is this name part of the team's genuine artistic expression or a covert cry for help?" Like the "my fortune reads: 'help I'm imprisoned in a fortune cookie factory'" joke, but for video games.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I feel like not enough people are talking about Sony having the balls to charge SEVENTY FUCKING UNITED STATES DOLLARS for the Last of Us remake.

They wanted to charge $70 for all of their stuff, they've just been foiled by promising not to previously. No promises this time, SUCKERS. (Please wait for a sale, teach them something).

They wanted to charge $70 for all of their stuff, they've just been foiled by promising not to previously. No promises this time, SUCKERS. (Please wait for a sale, teach them something).

I mean their fans will pay it and shit on anyone who dares say this is a rip off, so really if they didn't charge that much they'd be nuts.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    I’ll be getting it but no way at full price and no way Jose at full price plus

Prohass on
    never die
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    I think the x-com-men game looks cool. It's me. They're making it for me.

Also, the last of us images, Joel doesn't look hugely different but I think Ellie looks quite a bit more realistic. I guess if that's what they're shooting for, they got it.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    MaddocFencingsaxnever dieElvenshaeBucketman
    edited June 2022
    Having recently played the ps4 remaster of last of us 1 I can say you dont really get a sense of how it looks from those comparison screenshots, which make it look significantly better than it does in game. While the models still hold up and by no means look bad, in-engine and on a tv screen in motion they definitely dont look on par or even close to this remakes quality. Not saying one way nor another whether that makes it necessary or not, just highlighting it. Also its not easy to tell how cloth and lighting looks in a screenshot vs motion either, like they might look brighter or more "sharp" in the old games screenshots, but they lack the realism and subtlety you get with the Remake images. I know this all sounds ridiculous but I just balk when people say "the old one looks better!", like maybe you can prefer the design choices on the character models, but trust me the clothing is very flat and static feeling in the old game, even as a pinnacle of its era, its still of its era

And I imagine the biggest difference will be in the environments themselves. The character models were always quite remarkable, as the focus, but the environments definitely showed their age when I played it, very simple, low geometry, boxy, and I think thats where youll get the most mileage from the remakes graphics

Prohass on
    A Dabble Of Thelonius
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Having recently played the ps4 remaster of last of us 1 I can say you dont really get a sense of how it looks from those comparison screenshots, which make it look significantly better than it does in game. While the models still hold up and by no means look bad, in-engine and on a tv screen in motion they definitely dont look on par or even close to this remakes quality. Not saying one way nor another whether that makes it necessary or not, just highlighting it. Also its not easy to tell how cloth and lighting looks in a screenshot vs motion either, like they might look brighter or more "sharp" in the old games screenshots, but they lack the realism and subtlety you get with the Remake images. I know this all sounds ridiculous but I just balk when people say "the old one looks better!", like maybe you can prefer the design choices on the character models, but trust me the clothing is very flat and static feeling in the old game, even as a pinnacle of its era, its still of its era

And I imagine the biggest difference will be in the environments themselves. The character models were always quite remarkable, as the focus, but the environments definitely showed their age when I played it, very simple, low geometry, boxy, and I think thats where youll get the most mileage from the remakes graphics

I don't resent high quality graphics, I resent this deeply unnecessary upgrade instead of... a new Uncharted? A new IP? Getting the Jak games playable on a current system?

mxmarksA Dabble Of TheloniusMortal SkyMaddocMan in the Mists
    Oh yeah I definitely find the entire endeavour ridiculous

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Intellectually, I know that the remake of The Last of Us looks better than the original. Like, logically that makes sense, and my brain can see that, oh yeah, this looks more like real people lit realistically

But the thing about movies is that they aren't realistic a lot of the time? They're heightened, specifically to create beautiful aesthetic moments that you don't see a lot of in the real world. Stuff like light and shadow and fog and stuff especially

That, plus some hints of stylization, make me actively prefer the original TLoU in those screenshots, no matter how much more primitive the rendering is on the hair. The textures pop more, they stand out, they aid in your ability to recognize the archetypes these characters fill!

Also, and I can't stress this enough, totally regardless of style or aesthetic/production design, that game still looks fucking gorgeous. This is the most needless, mercenary production, in that it is banking on nostalgia for a game that a) isn't that old, b) you can already play, and c) still holds up beautifully, but which they still expect you will buy and play solely because of your affection for that original. If there's nothing changing about this thing, what's the fucking point? Is it meant to release alongside the goddamn HBO show? Because that's the only other reason I can imagine them throwing this thing out and expecting people to buy it

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    mxmarksFencingsaxOdinEndless_SerpentsMortal Sky
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    TonkkaShadowfireChallElvenshaeMarekPwnanObrienAbsalonBucketman
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

Harvest Moon-Binding of Isaac-Banished-Castle Crashers?

Finally.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Just make new games Jesus Christ

I am in the business of saving lives.
    FencingsaxReynoldsShadowfireChallTynnanDarkPrimusPeenPreacherPwnanObrienAbsalonZonugalSageinaRageBucketmanMan in the Mists
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

But that's too haaaaarrrrd.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    PeewiChallMegaMan0013cl1ps3ElvenshaeFencingsaxOlivawMan in the Mists
  • ChallChall Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

But that's too haaaaarrrrd.

Oh dang, I definitely didn't think you would post here.

Maybe take a break and get to that "world peace" thing, yeah?

Also can I have a pony?

Chall on
  • never dienever die Registered User regular

So as someone who has had a Playstation since the PS1 and it is my main gaming platform…I’ve barely bought any of their first party games on the PS5. With budgets being tight, especially with inflation right now and other companies releasing new games at $60, I just find that if I’m weighing Sony first party against a third party game that’s cheaper, I’ve been picking up the third party game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S22g1Wq_ouY

it's netflix geeked week

i don't know they're doing something with games, I guess another stranger things game

edited June 2022
    Brolo on
    Elvenshae
    edited June 2022
    li8p0XFl.jpg

tekken anime series

Brolo on
    Zonugal
    DLKRU2Ul.jpg

1k6dlAcl.jpg

queen's gambit the game

which is kinda chess but with a story?

ElvenshaeAndy JoeFencingsaxMegaMan001Bucketman
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I mean I've seen Queen's Gambit: the board game so this is at least less of a cognitive dissonance thing.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code