Options

There's No Crying in Baseba-I MEAN [Love]

JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
edited March 2022 in Social Entropy++
Lol there is, actually.

Juggernut on
«13456737

Posts

  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    LOVE HURTS

  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    my understanding is that it also stinks

  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    *swirling a glass of freshly squirted Tang*

    Love...?

    *sips his astronaut beverage, stares off into the distance and sighs, nostalgia rattling his bronchi*

    It's an anagram of vole.

  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    love is also a many splendored thing

    I'm officiating my sister's marriage tomorrow, it's just a little like, ceremony in some exotic plant store

    oh man I am so nervous. I don't really have to do anything except be like "love rules and these two are in love and it's, well, lovely."

    Depressperado on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    *swirling a glass of freshly squirted Tang*

    Love...?

    *sips his astronaut beverage, stares off into the distance and sighs, nostalgia rattling his bronchi*

    It's an anagram of vole.

    O1G6ArC.jpg

  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    love is also a many splendored thing

    I'm officiating my sister's marriage tomorrow, it's just a little like, ceremony in some exotic plant store

    oh man I am so nervous. I don't really have to do anything except be like "love rules and these two are in love and it's, well, lovely."

    An exotic plant store sounds like an extremely baller place to get married. Good luck with the preachin', Preach.

    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Date DONE.

    I can absolutely say with certainty it was a date. Classic example. All the tell tale, hallmark signs, you'd be a fool not to recognize it.

  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Date DONE.

    I can absolutely say with certainty it was a date. Classic example. All the tell tale, hallmark signs, you'd be a fool not to recognize it.

    bupKZX7.jpg

    ah yes, the signs

  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Date DONE.

    I can absolutely say with certainty it was a date. Classic example. All the tell tale, hallmark signs, you'd be a fool not to recognize it.

    Challenge accepted

  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    She seemed cool, we had a lot in common. I could see us hanging out again I guess. I probably wouldn't be devastated if we didn't, tho.

    I dunno! I guess this is what I wanted. Just real low stakes, non commital bullshit, maybe.

  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    well my sister is officially married and I'm in a bunch of pictures and that's not ideal

    but, as always, the thing I was dreading actually turned out to be pretty easy. Am I going to learn a lesson from this? no of course not.

  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    There’s crying in love even when everything’s going great and you and your partner communicate fairly well!

  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    This is a huge humble brag but I only recently started dating someone whom I used to subscribe to on OnlyFans

    It's me, the chosen simp

  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    This is a huge humble brag but I only recently started dating someone whom I used to subscribe to on OnlyFans

    It's me, the chosen simp

    dang that is a very good meetcute

  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I would watch the romcom based on that premise

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Saves me 10 bucks a month too it's a sweet deal

  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    This is a huge humble brag but I only recently started dating someone whom I used to subscribe to on OnlyFans

    It's me, the chosen simp

    okay so like I have a couple questions that are straight up prying about this, do you mind if I ask? absolutely fine if not, I'm just a nosy bitch who gets way too curious about things that are categorically not my business.

    3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Saves me 10 bucks a month too it's a sweet deal

    that line is going in the trailer

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    This is a huge humble brag but I only recently started dating someone whom I used to subscribe to on OnlyFans

    It's me, the chosen simp

    okay so like I have a couple questions that are straight up prying about this, do you mind if I ask? absolutely fine if not, I'm just a nosy bitch who gets way too curious about things that are categorically not my business.

    Go ahead. To be fair we've known each other for 10 years, been good friends, and the only reason she realized I was attracted to her at all was me asking if it was kosher for me to sub to her OF

  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    that's pretty cute honestly :)

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Oh okay well you basically answered them with that HA.

  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    "you never once hit on me I don't think" was something that blew my mind

    Me realizing ten years late in the game I'm massively bad at flirting

  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    This is a huge humble brag but I only recently started dating someone whom I used to subscribe to on OnlyFans

    It's me, the chosen simp


    legendary

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EdDsAs7uw4Q

    we salute thee

  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Sent a message to the girl from last saying I had fun and would be down to hang again and she agreed so I guess I'll probably be seeing her later at some point.

    I think I have another date set up some time for next week, too.

  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Alas, for I have ghosted on Jacket Guy

    After chatting with him for the last week there was a minor collection of flags that just pointed to him initially being a Media Himbo, but eventually to probably not being particularly... insightful, politically

    A collection of takes that includes:

    - he thought Detroit: Become Human was a deep and thoughtful game, including striking stories about motherhood, an incredible twist, and adoring how you could find the abuser character later and find out he's just a sad lonely guy!!
    - he and his friends have a Weird Food Night which... is the most white and problematically named thing possible, because the weird food is just...trying stuff like Ethiopian food or traditional Chinese food
    - he found Joe and Love incredibly relatable in the show You and also mounted a deep defense of Beck, the most basic character ever committed to the screen. He uh, did not specify what about Joe, the serial stalker/killer character, was relatable when I said he's a combination of Dennis from It's Always Sunny and Dexter Morgan...
    - he thought the intended route through Disco Elysium, a game written by communists, was actually the centrist route
    - the last straw was him being kind of a dick about the concept of pro wrestling and implying I must find the Undertaker sexy

    Anyway he didn't seem awful and like, these weren't totally cancellable offenses or anything, but it mostly just added up to a series of little hints that his politics were basic as hell and not really worth trying to tune up

    After two days of ghosting he just sent a message saying he simply didn't feel a spark on the date which is rather at odds with how he wanted a second one, so, he seems to mostly be trying to save face since I was clearly dipping out

    It is... probably for the best to not find out what he found relatable about Joe in a relationship

    Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Alas, for I have ghosted on Jacket Guy

    After chatting with him for the last week there was a minor collection of flags that just pointed to him initially being a Media Himbo, but eventually to probably not being particularly... insightful, politically

    A collection of takes that includes:

    - he thought Detroit: Become Human was a deep and thoughtful game, including striking stories about motherhood, an incredible twist, and adoring how you could find the abuser character later and find out he's just a sad lonely guy!!
    - he and his friends have a Weird Food Night which... is the most white and problematically named thing possible, because the weird food is just...trying stuff like Ethiopian food or traditional Chinese food
    - he found Joe and Love incredibly relatable in the show You and also mounted a deep defense of Beck, the most basic character ever committed to the screen. He uh, did not specify what about Joe, the serial stalker/killer character, was relatable when I said he's a combination of Dennis from It's Always Sunny and Dexter Morgan...
    - he thought the intended route through Disco Elysium, a game written by communists, was actually the centrist route
    - the last straw was him being kind of a dick about the concept of pro wrestling and implying I must find the Undertaker sexy

    Anyway he didn't seem awful and like, these weren't totally cancellable offenses or anything, but it mostly just added up to a series of little hints that his politics were basic as hell and not really worth trying to tune up

    After two days of ghosting he just sent a message saying he simply didn't feel a spark on the date which is rather at odds with how he wanted a second one, so, he seems to mostly be trying to save face since I was clearly dipping out

    It is... probably for the best to not find out what he found relatable about Joe in a relationship

    Did you at least take his jacket

  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »
    Alas, for I have ghosted on Jacket Guy

    After chatting with him for the last week there was a minor collection of flags that just pointed to him initially being a Media Himbo, but eventually to probably not being particularly... insightful, politically

    A collection of takes that includes:

    - he thought Detroit: Become Human was a deep and thoughtful game, including striking stories about motherhood, an incredible twist, and adoring how you could find the abuser character later and find out he's just a sad lonely guy!!
    - he and his friends have a Weird Food Night which... is the most white and problematically named thing possible, because the weird food is just...trying stuff like Ethiopian food or traditional Chinese food
    - he found Joe and Love incredibly relatable in the show You and also mounted a deep defense of Beck, the most basic character ever committed to the screen. He uh, did not specify what about Joe, the serial stalker/killer character, was relatable when I said he's a combination of Dennis from It's Always Sunny and Dexter Morgan...
    - he thought the intended route through Disco Elysium, a game written by communists, was actually the centrist route
    - the last straw was him being kind of a dick about the concept of pro wrestling and implying I must find the Undertaker sexy

    Anyway he didn't seem awful and like, these weren't totally cancellable offenses or anything, but it mostly just added up to a series of little hints that his politics were basic as hell and not really worth trying to tune up

    After two days of ghosting he just sent a message saying he simply didn't feel a spark on the date which is rather at odds with how he wanted a second one, so, he seems to mostly be trying to save face since I was clearly dipping out

    It is... probably for the best to not find out what he found relatable about Joe in a relationship

    Did you at least take his jacket

    I was holding out for a second date for that and now I'll just have to figure out where he lives

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I think the best part about being in a relationship with someone on the same wavelength as you is just dumping so many very specific memes on them and they actually get them and don't think I'm full on insane for leaving them 40 messages for when they wake up

  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Eh idk, thinking Detroit: Become Human is a deep and thoughtful game might actually be cancellable.

  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Eh idk, thinking Detroit: Become Human is a deep and thoughtful game might actually be cancellable.

    I had to have a long think about that one and settled on "I guess if I played this with my maturity at 20 years old, I might have gone Wow Cool Detective Robot" on it (though... this guy is 33...)

    But the You thing was... a pretty big flag in tandem

    The show is entirely about fatally unhealthy attachments in relationships

    Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    The easiest way to avoid having bad takes on media is to stop consuming media because you lack the attention span for it

    Ask me how

  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Also undertaker isn't even a very sexy wrestler imho, he's cool looking but that's a different thing

    But now I'm trying to think what pro wrestler I think is sexiest and I think it might be Rey Mysterio?

    But then I also haven't watched WWE or anything in a decade

  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Also undertaker isn't even a very sexy wrestler imho, he's cool looking but that's a different thing

    But now I'm trying to think what pro wrestler I think is sexiest and I think it might be Rey Mysterio?

    But then I also haven't watched WWE or anything in a decade

    I attempted to describe that like... the appeal is comic book storylines performed by very attractive people doing incredibly inhuman acrobatics, and that writing is pretty central to making you care about it since it's effectively Backflip Theatre, and his reaction was, without copy-pasting receipts, kind of a shitty couple takes on it being terrible/my tastes being poor (where the real flag here was: don't be shitty about a prospective date's interests and instead find out why they're passionate about a thing, ask questions, etc)

    Ain't gonna yuck yums but Rey Mysterio isn't really a Finn Balor or Xavier Woods or Rhea Ripley or Zelina Vega, here

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Cello wrote: »
    Also undertaker isn't even a very sexy wrestler imho, he's cool looking but that's a different thing

    But now I'm trying to think what pro wrestler I think is sexiest and I think it might be Rey Mysterio?

    But then I also haven't watched WWE or anything in a decade

    I attempted to describe that like... the appeal is comic book storylines performed by very attractive people doing incredibly inhuman acrobatics, and that writing is pretty central to making you care about it since it's effectively Backflip Theatre, and his reaction was, without copy-pasting receipts, kind of a shitty couple takes on it being terrible/my tastes being poor (where the real flag here was: don't be shitty about a prospective date's interests and instead find out why they're passionate about a thing, ask questions, etc)

    Ain't gonna yuck yums but Rey Mysterio isn't really a Finn Balor or Xavier Woods or Rhea Ripley or Zelina Vega, here

    Yeah that's fair and something I am bad at myself honestly because of the aforementioned attention span stuff. Hard to be a good listener and all when I can barely rub two moments of coherent thought together lots of the time. But I'm a broken shell of a person.

    And yeah, I am not super familiar with any of them. And I've always been bad at paying attention to the women wrestlers too but back when I watched at all they weren't giving them a ton of time.

    Holy moly I just googled Finn Balor and Rhea Ripley. D a n g.

    Uriel on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Alas, for I have ghosted on Jacket Guy

    After chatting with him for the last week there was a minor collection of flags that just pointed to him initially being a Media Himbo, but eventually to probably not being particularly... insightful, politically

    A collection of takes that includes:

    - he thought Detroit: Become Human was a deep and thoughtful game, including striking stories about motherhood, an incredible twist, and adoring how you could find the abuser character later and find out he's just a sad lonely guy!!
    - he and his friends have a Weird Food Night which... is the most white and problematically named thing possible, because the weird food is just...trying stuff like Ethiopian food or traditional Chinese food
    - he found Joe and Love incredibly relatable in the show You and also mounted a deep defense of Beck, the most basic character ever committed to the screen. He uh, did not specify what about Joe, the serial stalker/killer character, was relatable when I said he's a combination of Dennis from It's Always Sunny and Dexter Morgan...
    - he thought the intended route through Disco Elysium, a game written by communists, was actually the centrist route
    - the last straw was him being kind of a dick about the concept of pro wrestling and implying I must find the Undertaker sexy

    Anyway he didn't seem awful and like, these weren't totally cancellable offenses or anything, but it mostly just added up to a series of little hints that his politics were basic as hell and not really worth trying to tune up

    After two days of ghosting he just sent a message saying he simply didn't feel a spark on the date which is rather at odds with how he wanted a second one, so, he seems to mostly be trying to save face since I was clearly dipping out

    It is... probably for the best to not find out what he found relatable about Joe in a relationship

    Yeah, no, this guy sounds like I would hate him after like a week.

    Bummer, we were all taken in by the allure of the jacket.

  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    WEIRD FOOD NIGHT

    I'm gonna put these leftover mashed potatoes and peas and KFC chicken into this Cream of Mushroom soup.

    With an egg.

    And then I'm gonna crush up the last of these tortilla chips and dump them in there.

    And make some toast to also dip into the soup.


    This is not actually a weird food night.

    I'm available, folks.

  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    What if you had a weird food night but you are actually just eating things that aren't food like a bicycle or something

  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Every time Uriel invites me to a bike eating party I bow out because I'm nervous and two tired.

  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    There is no such thing as weird food.

    There’s terrible food, I’ve seen and had some of that before.

    But food is food.

  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Butt food is food.

Sign In or Register to comment.