As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Board Games] Climbing out of our hovels to play in meatspace

124

Posts

  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    post a picture of the stuff, for my morbid curiosity ;) i feel like thats gotta be a pallet of boxes...

  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh god go7 just dropped their Dune Imperium organizer.

    PLAYER BOARDS.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Elvenshae
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oh god go7 just dropped their Dune Imperium organizer.

    PLAYER BOARDS.

    Very nice, and I'd love those player boards, but I have the deluxe/minis box... :(

    He/Him
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited May 5
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    post a picture of the stuff, for my morbid curiosity ;) i feel like thats gotta be a pallet of boxes...

    I'll get it up tonight

    edit: omg phrasing

    Magic Pink on
    CaptainPeacockArcticLancerVyolynceWhelkBursarAh_PookKetarElvenshaetzeentchling
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yay!

    The project my friend has been working on since his undeath day has finally been announced!

    https://www.shadowrunsixthworld.com/2022/05/shadowrun-preview-for-the-rest-of-2022/
    Edge Zone: The Upgradeable Card Game

    Now we get to the item that isn’t presented in the order of release. Some of you likely remember the Shadowrun trading card game from back in the ’90s. Well, we’ve been updating the graphics, putting in some new art, tweaking a few game elements here and there, and getting it ready for re-release! It will come in two boxes, the Magic deck and the Machine deck, that lets you choose your area of emphasis. You can build two decks and get playing with either deck, or you can get both boxes to make your deck exactly the way you want it to be! Look for more details coming soon!

    EdgeZoneDualBoxes-1024x512.jpg

    I really hope this works out well for them. I know I have complained about Catalyst in the past, but.. It's only out of love.

    He/Him
    PMAversNipsElvenshaeBloodySlothtzeentchlingCantido
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Yay!

    The project my friend has been working on since his undeath day has finally been announced!

    https://www.shadowrunsixthworld.com/2022/05/shadowrun-preview-for-the-rest-of-2022/
    Edge Zone: The Upgradeable Card Game

    Now we get to the item that isn’t presented in the order of release. Some of you likely remember the Shadowrun trading card game from back in the ’90s. Well, we’ve been updating the graphics, putting in some new art, tweaking a few game elements here and there, and getting it ready for re-release! It will come in two boxes, the Magic deck and the Machine deck, that lets you choose your area of emphasis. You can build two decks and get playing with either deck, or you can get both boxes to make your deck exactly the way you want it to be! Look for more details coming soon!

    EdgeZoneDualBoxes-1024x512.jpg

    I really hope this works out well for them. I know I have complained about Catalyst in the past, but.. It's only out of love.

    Oh thank goodness, I was wondering what was going on with that. I remember that it got mentioned by one of the Catalyst devs on the Shadowrun facebook page a while back, and I'm glad to see it's still happening.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Athenor
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/terraforming-mars-18c3ad
    Terraforming Mars is free on Epic. Pretty nice version of the game, especially if you want to learn how to play against the AI.
    I've done my share of multiplayer too, though it was rough at time of release on steam.

    VayBJ4e.png
    CaptainPeacockVyolynceNipsDirtmuncher
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    For dune 2019, can the emperor give 10 space to their ally and have the ally bid ten and win, post the emperor ten, rinse and repeat?

    I thought i remembered them changing the timing such that you can't starve the opposing alliance of cards even if you have the hand space, but looking at it now the emperor are clearly not restricted to bribe rules when in an alliance and playing by advanced rules (or maybe any rules?)

    sig.gif
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I was able to see some friends that I haven't seen in years tonight, and we got in a 5-player game of Root that got very hairy.

    Hundreds: 30
    Corvids (me): 29
    Riverfolk, Vagabond, Moles: <20

    On the end turn, the Hundreds units had been fully wiped off the map but needed two points to win. The Riverfolk controlled the tower, so the Horde player paid the otters to be mercs, spawned the warlord in an empty clearing, and just sat there. As the mercs count for control until the end of the turn, he got a point for the tower and won the game.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    CaptainPeacockadmanbtzeentchlingwebguy20Elvenshaetyrantula22Jimbo
  • ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    After playing through Pandemic Legacy S1 with my wife last year, we're now doing a second playthrough with two friends from abroad, i.e. whenever they come over we play another couple of games and should be able to finish the whole game within a year.

    It's quite amazing how different the game can feel with four instead of two characters, and how the not extremely complex rules still result in a number of variables that can change the experience quite a bit. Over the last week we played May, which we won, and June, which we lost.
    Our CODA is the black disease, and this feels very different from CODA being red, which we had in our first game. Most of it went from panic level 0 or 1 to levels 1, 2 or 3 in just one bad month, though we just about managed to keep CODA from spilling over into Hong Kong. We've started to lock off the region with permanent road blocks, though, since it should be reasonably easy to get back using the Dispatcher... or so we hope.

    The disadvantage of playing this over a longer period is that a loss feels all the more momentous, since our next game might only be in a couple of months. But it's very enjoyable, and it's still very thrilling, even if I know the broad strokes of what'll be happening in the coming months. If anything, I have to be careful not to try to influence things, knowing what I know.

    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
    CantidoAthenorArcSynVyolynceDirtmunchertzeentchling
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    After playing through Pandemic Legacy S1 with my wife last year, we're now doing a second playthrough with two friends from abroad, i.e. whenever they come over we play another couple of games and should be able to finish the whole game within a year.

    It's quite amazing how different the game can feel with four instead of two characters, and how the not extremely complex rules still result in a number of variables that can change the experience quite a bit. Over the last week we played May, which we won, and June, which we lost.
    Our CODA is the black disease, and this feels very different from CODA being red, which we had in our first game. Most of it went from panic level 0 or 1 to levels 1, 2 or 3 in just one bad month, though we just about managed to keep CODA from spilling over into Hong Kong. We've started to lock off the region with permanent road blocks, though, since it should be reasonably easy to get back using the Dispatcher... or so we hope.

    The disadvantage of playing this over a longer period is that a loss feels all the more momentous, since our next game might only be in a couple of months. But it's very enjoyable, and it's still very thrilling, even if I know the broad strokes of what'll be happening in the coming months. If anything, I have to be careful not to try to influence things, knowing what I know.

    My kids are currently playing through. We just finished August last night. It's been fun watching them make the calls and decisions, and reactions to the surprises along the way since my wife and I have already played with friends.

    We occasionally give suggestions and try and refocus them on the task at hand. ie. Last night my son had a black card he was supposed to get to his sister, but by the time his turn came around he was thinking of another objective until I asked why he changed strategy.

    MYZIAX4.png
    Thirith
  • ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited May 9
    I'd say it's the focusing on tasks that I find considerably more challenging when playing with four people. Due to more roles being in play, there's a wider range of options to consider, yet there's less time person/role to actually do these things. I think that we'll have to work at prioritising between the different things we could do: keeping diseases from spreading, keeping the characters safe, working towards longer-term goals.

    At least we managed to
    prepare for future months by protecting CODA country better (roadblocks) and having two permanent military bases in two of the most relevant regions, so we can expand the roadblocks and travel more easily into places that are already affected by panic. But from using him for one month, I definitely don't have a particularly high opinion of the Colonel and his ability to 'pacify the Faded'.

    Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    I'd say it's the focusing on tasks that I find considerably more challenging when playing with four people. Due to more roles being in play, there's a wider range of options to consider, yet there's less time person/role to actually do these things. I think that we'll have to work at prioritising between the different things we could do: keeping diseases from spreading, keeping the characters safe, working towards longer-term goals.

    At least we managed to
    prepare for future months by protecting CODA country better (roadblocks) and having two permanent military bases in two of the most relevant regions, so we can expand the roadblocks and travel more easily into places that are already affected by panic. But from using him for one month, I definitely don't have a particularly high opinion of the Colonel and his ability to 'pacify the Faded'.

    That's fun to hear as it's different strategies for different groups.
    My kids haven't used a single roadblock except for the 3 you get as a win reward for one month.

    MYZIAX4.png
  • ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    That's fun to hear as it's different strategies for different groups.
    My kids haven't used a single roadblock except for the 3 you get as a win reward for one month.
    I think we're too scared of CODA spilling over into other corners. Yesterday, we were in the 'lucky' situation that we could decide where a chain outbreak went before we lost the game, because otherwise Hong Kong would've been toast. Faded, translucent, zombie-like toast.

    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oh god go7 just dropped their Dune Imperium organizer.

    PLAYER BOARDS.

    Very nice, and I'd love those player boards, but I have the deluxe/minis box... :(

    Are those sleeve friendly? It looks kinda tight.

    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    That's fun to hear as it's different strategies for different groups.
    My kids haven't used a single roadblock except for the 3 you get as a win reward for one month.
    I think we're too scared of CODA spilling over into other corners. Yesterday, we were in the 'lucky' situation that we could decide where a chain outbreak went before we lost the game, because otherwise Hong Kong would've been toast. Faded, translucent, zombie-like toast.
    They have had quite a bit of spillover, so yeah that would have helped there.

    MYZIAX4.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oh god go7 just dropped their Dune Imperium organizer.

    PLAYER BOARDS.

    Very nice, and I'd love those player boards, but I have the deluxe/minis box... :(

    Are those sleeve friendly? It looks kinda tight.

    Go7Gaming claims that it works with FFG sleeves, which are hella thick and oversized. I've never had issues with sleeve tightness with their products, but I do caution that you should make sure excess glue is wiped off from the inner surfaces.

    He/Him
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oh god go7 just dropped their Dune Imperium organizer.

    PLAYER BOARDS.
    Given the rare possibility that you don’t own the Ix expansion,

    ... looks at boardgame collection ...

    I feel attacked. :D

    NipsBursar
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Arkham horror keeps hyping me up with campaign reveals after I decide I have more than enough for a lifetime. The next campaign looks like a globe trotting one following the coterie of the keys (bunch a weirdos identified by various red clothing accessories) possibly in the vein of the various mask of nyarlathotep expansions they’ve done in other AH games.

    It motivated me to redo my storage for all the stuff I do have and it turns out I have a lot more space if I only sleeve player cards I’m actively using so uh, I think they got me for at least one more. The new investigators also include a non-binary one!

    tzeentchling
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Played a round of Root with the newest expansion -- our second game in the last couple months (the first we played the day before the xpack arrived). We played Underground Duchy, Riverfolk, and the two new factions -- Lord of the Hundreds and Keepers of Iron. If you're at all familiar with those factions you might expect it to have been a bloodbath... and it was! Pieces everywhere, lots of large combats and razed bases, and tons of money passed to the Riverfolk to keep up. I jumped ahead early as the Duchy but went too hard for points without fortifying my position enough and got knocked down hard. We all pushed up slowly but the Hundreds were able to amass and hold onto a huge army that ransacked the forest and ultimately had them at 27 points when their turn started. Unsurprisingly, it was the last turn.

    The Hundreds are interesting because while they look like any other territory-controlling faction, they don't have the weakness of most where you can hit their back line and severely damage their ability to score points. The only way to slow down the Lord is by taking their army and their warlord off the board. It's very unusual and it puts me in mind of the worst part of the Vagabond -- the only way to slow them is by hitting them where they're strongest. But I think they lack the other issues of the Vagabond, and the fact that they do put points on the board makes them much more interactive then the Vagabond. I'm also curious how the two play together, since the Hundreds is the first non-Vagabond faction that interacts with items. They might be a strong mitigator to each other.

    We also played with the "advanced" rules, which has you determine starting player first, then pick your faction (from a random set of player count + 1) in reverse order. So first player gets the last pick. I think that improves setup a lot. You also get a hand of five cards before you pick your faction and keep three from those after you pick, which helps mitigate the weakness of factions that rely on cards.

    Dizzy DElvenshaeVirgil_Leads_You
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    splutter cough

    How'd you get the new expansion already?!?!?

  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    splutter cough

    How'd you get the new expansion already?!?!?

    The Kickstarter updates said that they are in the early stages of fulfillment. I backed through my store so I won't see it till late June or so.

    He/Him
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Played a round of Root with the newest expansion -- our second game in the last couple months (the first we played the day before the xpack arrived). We played Underground Duchy, Riverfolk, and the two new factions -- Lord of the Hundreds and Keepers of Iron. If you're at all familiar with those factions you might expect it to have been a bloodbath... and it was! Pieces everywhere, lots of large combats and razed bases, and tons of money passed to the Riverfolk to keep up. I jumped ahead early as the Duchy but went too hard for points without fortifying my position enough and got knocked down hard. We all pushed up slowly but the Hundreds were able to amass and hold onto a huge army that ransacked the forest and ultimately had them at 27 points when their turn started. Unsurprisingly, it was the last turn.

    The Hundreds are interesting because while they look like any other territory-controlling faction, they don't have the weakness of most where you can hit their back line and severely damage their ability to score points. The only way to slow down the Lord is by taking their army and their warlord off the board. It's very unusual and it puts me in mind of the worst part of the Vagabond -- the only way to slow them is by hitting them where they're strongest. But I think they lack the other issues of the Vagabond, and the fact that they do put points on the board makes them much more interactive then the Vagabond. I'm also curious how the two play together, since the Hundreds is the first non-Vagabond faction that interacts with items. They might be a strong mitigator to each other.

    We also played with the "advanced" rules, which has you determine starting player first, then pick your faction (from a random set of player count + 1) in reverse order. So first player gets the last pick. I think that improves setup a lot. You also get a hand of five cards before you pick your faction and keep three from those after you pick, which helps mitigate the weakness of factions that rely on cards.

    We're going to play the new expansions in a week or two and I'm really looking forward to it (also playing the Dune expansion that day). Hoping that I get to play the Hundreds.

    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    Which dune

    sig.gif
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Which dune

    Dune Imperium: Rise of IX.

    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    Which dune

    Dune Imperium: Rise of IX.

    that game is already so good

    i can totally see how an expansion would help though

    i hope it's not just too much variety/bloat on the deckbuilding aspect. It would be nice if they kept the deck around the same size but maybe cleaned up faction synergy.

    i'm eager to hear your thoughts!

    sig.gif
    Cantido
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Arkham horror keeps hyping me up with campaign reveals after I decide I have more than enough for a lifetime. The next campaign looks like a globe trotting one following the coterie of the keys (bunch a weirdos identified by various red clothing accessories) possibly in the vein of the various mask of nyarlathotep expansions they’ve done in other AH games.

    It motivated me to redo my storage for all the stuff I do have and it turns out I have a lot more space if I only sleeve player cards I’m actively using so uh, I think they got me for at least one more. The new investigators also include a non-binary one!

    In case anyone didn't know, the standalone investigator series also came with a transgender investigator: Stella.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    anthereminitiatefailurenwrabeCaptainPeacockNipsMagic PinkVirgil_Leads_YoutzeentchlingWhelk
  • antheremantherem Registered User regular
    I don't think I'd play without Rise of Ix at this point, it improves on basically every aspect of the game (which was already great) and adds neat new features like the Tech tiles that give you permanent superpowers at the cost of a bunch of Spice. The deck is bigger, but there is more faction synergy.

    Powerpuppies
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I would totally get dune but I have way too much thunderstone quest content I’ve barely gotten through in the last couple of years. I had to stop following their kickstarters it was like 2+ expansions a year minimum.

    I can’t only have deckbuilders

  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    I would totally get dune but I have way too much thunderstone quest content I’ve barely gotten through in the last couple of years. I had to stop following their kickstarters it was like 2+ expansions a year minimum.

    I can’t only have deckbuilders

    Okay this seems valid

    Game real good though

    sig.gif
  • AmarylAmaryl Registered User regular
    Last couple of weeks I played a bunch of Ark Nova, mainly the solo variant which I really enjoy as a puzzle on a tight timer, and I'm getting close to beat the game when starting a 0 appeal but its still a challenge. but also 2 player and 4 player. I feel like 2 players is pretty good, you have enough time to think to keep the thing moving, and have some conversation about effects and how things cascade without bogging things down. 4 player was a big no-no for me, it took us way to long like 3 and a half hours with too much downtime. 3 and a half hours isn't the worst for my playgroup when there's a lot of interactivity, but it feels bad for a game that's mostly multiplayer solitaire that it gets a slog.

    In general I like the action selection mechanics of the conveyor belt of action cards - but in the midgame the game seems to invariably slow down to a halt, where people are both missing money or cards or both, with a bunch of actions in the wrong place. and there's this moment where people can't trigger a break efficiently for income and you just have numerous orbits where all you're doing is getting action cards in the right place before advancing the board state again and that spot just feels like a slump in the game until the ramp up for victory happens, and it's okay with 2 players, but being in that spot with 4 players is just pretty bad.

    I really enjoy the solo variant because it generally doesn't have the problem where the game slows down as income phases are getting triggered by the game and not the players.

    Haven't played with 3 players not sure if that's the sweet spot. but I wouldn't recommend playing this game with 4.


    DoctorArch
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I've heard similar suggestions that Ark Nova is a good 2 player game, and acceptable 3-player, but that it's just a massive slog for 4. Will reserve judgement for some time where I actually play it, but certainly wouldn't be surprised.

    We played Carnegie last night, and let me tell you, as someone who has been down on a lot of current board game designs because "I hope you like advancing on all these tracks!" I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the first play of it. I think there are really clever interactions with the main board and how the game's economy work that make it novel, so I would happily give it another go. The rulebook apparently could have been a lot better (I wasn't in charge of this one), but also the rules aren't particularly complicated so it's not the worst offender either. Recommend checking this one out if you're on the market for a euro with at least a hint of freshness to its arc.

  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I would totally get dune but I have way too much thunderstone quest content I’ve barely gotten through in the last couple of years. I had to stop following their kickstarters it was like 2+ expansions a year minimum.

    I can’t only have deckbuilders

    Okay this seems valid

    Game real good though

    I'd have a hard time deciding which one was better: Dune or Arnak, because they are both so complimentary to each other while very much standing on their own.

    Both great games and a collection could do a lot worse than having both. Also both have good solo modes.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Arkham horror keeps hyping me up with campaign reveals after I decide I have more than enough for a lifetime. The next campaign looks like a globe trotting one following the coterie of the keys (bunch a weirdos identified by various red clothing accessories) possibly in the vein of the various mask of nyarlathotep expansions they’ve done in other AH games.

    It motivated me to redo my storage for all the stuff I do have and it turns out I have a lot more space if I only sleeve player cards I’m actively using so uh, I think they got me for at least one more. The new investigators also include a non-binary one!

    I had everything sleeved with premium sleeves at one point. It was just too much, and I don't even have all the expansions (a few full campaigns and individuals). I ended up largely doing what you're suggesting and only sleeved investigator cards.

    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Anyone been following the Nemesis video game adaptation? Comes out the end of the month.

    Cantido
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »
    Arkham horror keeps hyping me up with campaign reveals after I decide I have more than enough for a lifetime. The next campaign looks like a globe trotting one following the coterie of the keys (bunch a weirdos identified by various red clothing accessories) possibly in the vein of the various mask of nyarlathotep expansions they’ve done in other AH games.

    It motivated me to redo my storage for all the stuff I do have and it turns out I have a lot more space if I only sleeve player cards I’m actively using so uh, I think they got me for at least one more. The new investigators also include a non-binary one!

    I had everything sleeved with premium sleeves at one point. It was just too much, and I don't even have all the expansions (a few full campaigns and individuals). I ended up largely doing what you're suggesting and only sleeved investigator cards.

    I was in a similar boat when I started getting into Marvel Champions and Arkham Horror. Eventually I settled on sleeving my ready hero decks/investigator decks, putting the rest of the player cards into 9 card sleeves in a 3-ring binder, and only sleeving the campaign cards I was actively playing (easier with Arkham than with Marvel as Marvel is a lot more modular).

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    Ark Nova is bad at 4p until everyone knows the game pretty well. It's just too long until that point. The play time comes down a lot as you get better at the game though, and then it's fine 4p. More competition for stuff is good.

    Ah_Pook on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited May 11
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Dashui wrote: »
    Arkham horror keeps hyping me up with campaign reveals after I decide I have more than enough for a lifetime. The next campaign looks like a globe trotting one following the coterie of the keys (bunch a weirdos identified by various red clothing accessories) possibly in the vein of the various mask of nyarlathotep expansions they’ve done in other AH games.

    It motivated me to redo my storage for all the stuff I do have and it turns out I have a lot more space if I only sleeve player cards I’m actively using so uh, I think they got me for at least one more. The new investigators also include a non-binary one!

    I had everything sleeved with premium sleeves at one point. It was just too much, and I don't even have all the expansions (a few full campaigns and individuals). I ended up largely doing what you're suggesting and only sleeved investigator cards.

    I was in a similar boat when I started getting into Marvel Champions and Arkham Horror. Eventually I settled on sleeving my ready hero decks/investigator decks, putting the rest of the player cards into 9 card sleeves in a 3-ring binder, and only sleeving the campaign cards I was actively playing (easier with Arkham than with Marvel as Marvel is a lot more modular).

    Now I feel bad for discovering really good sleeves I like that come in 200-packs for $8, which means only a couple cover an entire cycle/set...

    What's funny is that while I sleeve my LCGs, I didn't sleeve L5R or Netrunner... which are the games I really wish I could turn into "pick up and play" types! But they are also competitive, where the quality and wear on your sleeves can be a tell for certain cards.

    Athenor on
    He/Him
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Since I worked at an lgs I’m basically spoiled with an employee discount forever and had everything sleeved. The real issue has turned into my own space which I didn’t really plan on. At this point I’m thinking I’ll be fine for a while but could even reduce the footprint more if I only sleeve things I know will be shuffled like encounter sets or even just stop worrying about it. But it’s hard for me to play with card decks these days without sleeves. Competitive magic for years ruined me hah

  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited May 11
    Yay! I solved NPH's Box One!

    ... Not gonna lie, I was expecting it to be a bit harder. But I did enjoy it, and I think others would too.

    Athenor on
    He/Him
    tzeentchlingElvenshae
Sign In or Register to comment.