As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Substitute Creature

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Substitute Creature!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Substitute Creature

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    WTF uses two cups of tartar sauce?

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

Geralt of Rivia.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

Basilisk venom is a bold flavor. You can't just lob a teaspoon of tartar sauce at a dish and hope to recreate anything like it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    islingtonislington Registered User regular

If you are lucky enough to travel to Czechia, the food vendors on the streets of Prauge will gladly relieve you of both your ignorance and your wallet.

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    And now I am craving a fried cheese sandwich.

• Options
    GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    Do you have to eat it with a silver fork?

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I like that the burger on the back of the book looks it's got eyes on stalks and a tongue

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Do recipes call for tartar sauce? Tartar sauce seems like something you would have a recipe *for*. Like, I get that you can go to the store and buy Heinz tater sauce in a squeeze bottle or whatever, but that's what you'd use when you specifically don't want to cook, right? Surely anyone who is already preparing food would, if anything, make tartar sauce as directed by the recipe, right?

• Options
    oh3fiftyoneoh3fiftyone Registered User regular
    This is a product I don’t understand, because I think of themed cookbooks as being for children and The Witcher as very much not.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    This is a product I don’t understand, because I think of themed cookbooks as being for children and The Witcher as very much not.

Well then you should read the news post, Jerry has some choice opinions about this exact subject.

• Options
    LtPowersLtPowers Registered User regular
    Readers of themed cookbooks go on to create menus for Galactic Starcruiser and Galaxy's Edge.

Powers &8^]

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular

On a related note, my nephew rather enjoyed the Roald Dahl cookbook.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    The Star Trek cookbook is a lot of fun. It has a whole section on how to replicate the look of drinks in Quark's bar. Plus making other prop food like Ghagh.

• Options
    oh3fiftyoneoh3fiftyone Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »

Well then you should read the news post, Jerry has some choice opinions about this exact subject.

Well, he just says it’s dorky in a tone that seems celebratory of said dorkiness. I guess maybe as a guy who’s been reading a webcomic about video games for almost 20 years, I should probably cool it with judgments about other people’s geekery. The casting of stones being an unfit pursuit for the residents of glass domiciles and all.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    (never mind)

dennis on
  • Options

Well, he just says it’s dorky in a tone that seems celebratory of said dorkiness. I guess maybe as a guy who’s been reading a webcomic about video games for almost 20 years, I should probably cool it with judgments about other people’s geekery. The casting of stones being an unfit pursuit for the residents of glass domiciles and all.

I bought my friend a Frasier-themed cookbook for his 30th

I think it's just one of those things that cookbook publishers use to set themselves apart in a crowded marketplace

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

I think it's just one of those things that cookbook publishers use to set themselves apart in a crowded marketplace

So it's got tossed salads and scrambled eggs. What else was in there?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Hopefully it was nut-free.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I love foods that aren't real. Breaded gryphon wings, spiced nerf tubers, baked breast of granite gargoyle... it's such a bummer I can't ever eat them, they sound so good.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options

It didn't even have that, as far as I could tell

It was basically stuff you'd get in a coffee shop like baked goods and light lunches, with some Niles and Frasier banter interspersed

• Options

It didn't even have that, as far as I could tell

It was basically stuff you'd get in a coffee shop like baked goods and light lunches, with some Niles and Frasier banter interspersed

Quite possible it was just an existing recipe book, with some pasted in stuff to make it "Frasierfied".