As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MTG] One Ring Four Mana

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Legendary Creature – Phyrexian Merfolk Wizard.

Finally, Merfolk Phryxster

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Oh hey poison. ...meh, as long as it's not infect.

A blue "destroy all creatures"? If that's mono-blue that's uh... interesting. Assuming this one's not telling the whole story, of course.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    It might just be a mass pongify.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    maybe it's Talrand

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Oh hey poison. ...meh, as long as it's not infect.

A blue "destroy all creatures"? If that's mono-blue that's uh... interesting. Assuming this one's not telling the whole story, of course.

Make Wrath of Cod a reality you cowards!

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I think Wrath of Cod is broken.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

don't know if it's broken, but it's definitely fishy.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

don't know if it's broken, but it's definitely fishy.

it scales too well

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    a "popular" planeswalker reprint

This one really confused me. They've never straight-up reprinted a PW outside of Core Sets or Masters. Why now?

My guess would be Karn, Scion of Urza though. It has to be difficult to design new Karns.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    LotV is iconic and potentially fits the story, HoD could fill a very specific hole for control decks in their meta testing, or Karn could be Karn again yeah. They could also reprint Jaya but I expect that she'd get a new card honestly.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Also do you think any story or card pitches ever got way too far before somebody realized there was am off-by-one typo of Jaya for Kaya or vice versa

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    LotV is iconic and potentially fits the story, HoD could fill a very specific hole for control decks in their meta testing, or Karn could be Karn again yeah. They could also reprint Jaya but I expect that she'd get a new card honestly.

Liliana doesn't gave the Veil any more and I'd hope they aren't willing to inflict HoD on Standard again.

Jaya was my second guess.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Oko is coming back, baby

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    A teferi, time raveler in every pack!

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    Original Chandra reprint!

• Options
    Ajani Vengeant reprint, about time.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    "surprise, Venser's alive!" reprint incoming

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    apparently this is some of the promo art? So Liliana + Veil might still be in the mix

• Options
    KalTorak wrote: »
    apparently this is some of the promo art? So Liliana + Veil might still be in the mix

The Veil here is her reflection, haunting her.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

RIP Koira

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

bezxc242axll.jpeg

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular

RIP Koira

More like Tatyova. Watch as they invert her landfall to ping an opponent and proc a discard.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options

bezxc242axll.jpeg

Cards slide off my very smooth brain these days yep

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    That's a great +1 for a 4 mana planeswalker in this day and age. The -1 is also pretty decent. That this comes down on 5 loyalty with a blocker pushes it into playability as long as there's a deck using mountains, imo.

• Options
    broadly speaking we also just don't post every card in the thread these days so if this is your primary social space for magic, which it might be, on account of a global pandemic, you might have not realized it was spoiled

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    plus it's almost constant spoiler season, as per the thread title

• Options
    maybe for you but they only put out four sets a year i care about

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    same but I have nostalgia for Baldur's Gate so I was curious about those

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I like when they create a setting for a supplemental set, such as with Conspiracy or Battlebond, but that’s fallen out of fashion now.

• Options
    i don't know that i'd say it's fallen out of fashion so much as it's conflicted with the goals of recent supplemental sets - Double Masters are full reprints, and Modern Horizons are intended to represent a wide swath of the multiverse so that characters like Serra or Ragavan can get cards outside of the specific gameplay design goals of commander decks (particularly as the decision has been made to have commander decks tie in to the worldbuilding efforts of standard sets). while commander legends baldur's gate isn't a new setting, the work there probably has a lot of overlap. and of course, ironically the Un-sets in their return have gotten full setting pushes

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    To be fair, while Unglued and Unhinged didn't really have a coherent setting it's not like they were going to reprint cards in them anyhow.

...Bablovia is kind of cool, though, not gonna lie.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I guess it would be more accurate to say the types of supplemental sets that lend themselves to new settings (especially canonical new settings) have fallen out of fashion.

I like the un-set settings to an extent, but I'm somewhat put off by the metareferential way they treat the lore, with the characters being portrayed as celebrities and such. The upcoming one seems to be leaning even more heavily on that type of humor.

And if they're going to keep doing these D&D sets, then they really need to do a proper crossover where the characters from both games meet each other. Maybe even have one world from each multiverse temporarily fuse together for maximum chaos.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Went into my LGS this weekend looking to see if they had any shocklands or fetches for a decent price (not even close), but they did have a Teferi, Hero of Dominaria for $22 so I guess my commander deck is getting an even larger upgrade.

• Options
    Doesn't look like we get a new Episode of That's So Karn! today, but there is a side story about Squee.

For a second I thought it was going to make people really mad...

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I was actually curious as to how that was going to work with him, and that was possibly the best way to handle it

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Not directly related to Magic but it looks like the "game soundtrack" idea has spread internally:

• Options
    That Squee story was some real King Shit

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Looks like they've shown art for a card named "Sheoldred, the Apocalypse". So that kind of confirms that "leak" a while back as fake (assuming there's only one Sheoldred card in the set, which seems likely)

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Looks like they've shown art for a card named "Sheoldred, the Apocalypse". So that kind of confirms that "leak" a while back as fake (assuming there's only one Sheoldred card in the set, which seems likely)

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    She sure did

She also has
    elesh norn ceramic plates

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.