As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D ?E] The Vastness Beyond - Sunken Magor Venge

1192022242563

Posts

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 7
    Simon

    You swing for the huge monsters legs… and feel your blade connect across several. A segment of robe falls away gently. Beneath the robes is a haphazard collection of bones and joints ending in feet and hands. Having seen this much, you know less than you did about this horror.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Welp, clearly I need to start messing about with scene decoration more because that is COOL

    Quire.jpg
    mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Arthur is horrified by what has escaped the door, and a little concerned that his decision might have allowed something terrible to happen.

    He focuses again, this time summoning a ball of acid like he had when they first got here. Taking aim at the mage who had engaged with the main knight, he released it.

    Geth, roll 3d8 for Chromatic Orb (Acid)

    Chromatic Orb (Acid):
    3d8 14 [3d8=5, 8, 1]

    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 7
    Arthur

    The acid makes short work of the mage! Its arm melts off even as it points at you!

    As the arm falls a gout of purple flame flashes from out the shoulder socket through the arm and out towards you!

    The advanced hellish rebuke sets your robes ablaze. Arthur! You suffer 9 damage! No save to make.

    The mage collapses to the ground.

    Geth roll 2d10 for Hellish Rebuke

    Hellish Rebuke:
    2d10 9 [2d10=7, 2]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Mordwyn

    The lithe knight lands flatly on the ground, then shifts into a new fighting stance. They throw their side sword away and hold their thrusting sword in a two handed style above their right shoulder.

    They’re back in the fight.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited May 7
    I'm helping?

    Also, can someone clarify how the temp HP from armor vs. Kime's temp HP aura work?

    Do they stack? One or the other only? Lose one and can gain the other?

    AustinP0027 on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I'm helping?

    Also, can someone clarify how the temp HP from armor vs. Kime's temp HP aura work?

    Do they stack? One or the other only? Lose one and can gain the other?

    Your AC is just more HP. Then temporary HP is added.

    AustinP0027kimemrpaku
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Solomon moves to engage the other undead mage, an enemy spellcaster is dangerous. ad he rushes into the mage the greatsword comes down diagonally.

    Going after the mage still up. I'll provoke an AoO from Mordwyn if I need to in order to get there.

    Geth roll 2d6+3 for Damage

    Damage:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=2, 5]

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    OK these shenanigans with Alsav are something I didn't expect :D

    This massive figure is an abomination. It should not exist. It is darkness without the promise of light.

    Kirina runs to the monstrosity and attacks it's core!

    Geth roll 1d8+2 for Warhammer attack

    Warhammer attack:
    1d8+2 10 [1d8=8]

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    mrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Solomon

    You dash by the lithe knight before they can attack you, and slam your greatsword into the withered mage! Their hands grasp for you; they’re done for, surely, but yet remain.



    Kirina

    A leaping strike! You hear something shatter beneath the curtain of dark robes.

    kime
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Evil-Eyed Gruush and his bow provides covering fire for the team from the rock as best he can. Wishing not to draw the attention of the bizarre two-headed creature which had emerged from within the gate, he moves to pick off the more minor threats to his team instead...starting with the mage who pulled now at Solomon's hands...

    Geth roll 1d6+2 piercing (Mage)

    piercing (Mage):
    1d6+2 7 [1d6=5]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gruush

    Thunk. The mage’s head cracks back. It remains standing only because Solomon’s sword is stuck in it.

    mrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 7
    The 40 Undead

    The throng of undead storm the castle grounds!

    At that same moment, ragged undead in tattered robes spill from the castle and engage the few knights that remain.

    Suddenly an eastern parapet falls from the castle and crushes the undead below! Flames continue to engulf the castle, the heat becoming unbearable!



    Oaghavanth and Ubika-Ucchal
    Enthroned of Oudru


    dq85xgxog2ih.jpeg

    The twin voices hiss, “Ascend.”

    With its right hand, the monstrosity casts an ancient and powerful spell. The earth beneath Arthur and Solomon’s feet blasts forth, erupting into a tower some 30 feet high! Arthur! Solomon! Make a Dexterity saving throw! Half damage on a success, full on a fail. The DC is 10.

    With its left, it slams down on Kirina! Kirina! You suffer 8 damage. You are prone!

    Geth roll 3d6 for Earth Mastery
    Geth roll 2d10 for Crush



    Mordwyn

    Summoning all their strength, the knight attempts to strike down the horror before them! They sprint and slide into a full body piercing thrust. Simon and Kirina now stand side by side with the silent warrior.

    Geth roll 2d8+3 for Damage
    Geth roll 2d8 for Smite



    r1r0yj0dcn1h.jpeg

    Earth Mastery:
    3d6 10 [3d6=4, 2, 4]
    Crush:
    2d10 8 [2d10=6, 2]
    Damage:
    2d8+3 7 [2d8=1, 3]
    Smite:
    2d8 6 [2d8=5, 1]

    Endless_Serpents on
    kimeZomromrpakuAustinP0027
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited May 7
    Is it Simon that's getting effected by the earth mastery, or is it Solomon? I think I'm in the one in that AoE along with Arthur

    Also, shouldn't Gruush be able to use his Sneak Attack if his target is next to an ally? Obviously the mage is dead anyway, but it could be useful in the future

    Zomro on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    Is it Simon that's getting effected by the earth mastery, or is it Solomon? I think I'm in the one in that AoE along with Arthur

    Yeah it’s you. :)

  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited May 7
    Geth roll 1d20-1 for Dex Save

    Solomon is caught by the rupturing earth, jagged rocks pummel and slash at him.

    Dex Save:
    1d20-1 5 [1d20=6]

    Zomro on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I have officially taken one point of real damage for the first time ever this game I think lol

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Endless_Serpentsmrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Dex Save

    Dex Save:
    1d20+2 12 [1d20=10]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Keep it up heroes! What do you do?

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 7
    Could Gruush try to coat that bridge in ball bearings this next turn? Like, a double-handful of them? (I'm figuring 100-200 from my current stash, hurled mightily to the East). If not there, then directly in front of the bridge on this side? Seems like a good way to slow down the horde at our back, keep it more controllable so we don't accidentally get boxed in by undead on one side and the boss the other

    mrpaku on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Could Gruush try to coat that bridge in ball bearings this next turn? Like, a double-handful of them? (I'm figuring 100-200 from my current stash, hurled mightily to the East). If not there, them directly in front of the bridge on this side? Seems like a good way to slow down the horde at our back, keep it more controlable so we don't accidentally get boxed in by undead

    Kind of a weird throw. Roll me 1d20 + your Dexterity modifier. It’ll happen, but how well remains to be seen.

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 7
    Geth roll 1d20+2 Makin' It Rain
    Geth roll 1d100+100 Handful of Steel Hail

    Edit- whelp

    Makin' It Rain:
    1d20+2 4 [1d20=2]
    Handful of Steel Hail:
    1d100+100 164 [1d100=64]

    mrpaku on
    kime
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gruush

    A bunch of the ball bearings either fail to reach the drawbridge or bounce over the other side. That said, 100 ball bears clatter on the bridge and roll around as the eager undead charge across it.

    You see two fall prone, forcing those directly behind them to slow down their pace.

    mrpakuZomrokime
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Solomon's body hurts, new wounds bleed and old wounds ache. The Enthroned must be defeated, but the undead are swarming from the south. If my old body is useful for something, it's to protect them. Solomon heads to the top of the bridge, his hand massaging his aching back, the warm light easing the pain in his body. "I'll hold the bridge for as long as I can! Slay that monster!" Gruush's quick thinking with the ball bearings have slowed the approach of the undead, but Solomon stands, a stalwart wall. He braces himself for incoming horde.

    Going to move right below the dead knight 1, so right above the top of the bridge. Lay on Hands myself for 5 HP, leaving 1 HP left for an emergency. I'm at 33 HP and my heavy armor master should let me weather the undead's attacks for a little bit

    mrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Solomon

    You stagger off the lower part of the huge pillar of earth and make ready.

  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    @Endless_Serpents
    Once I get in, do I still have an action? I used 5 movement to get there. I think it's my next turn now, anyhow. Can I use my telepathy to communicate with the team, or my cantrips? What's my reach in this form?

    The western statue crackles as it grinds to its feet and strides towards the great foe!

    Double move East! If the earth situation there is in the way, I can sacrifice some movement to parkour off the burning castle a bit. If this trait transfers--I am usually good at squeezing in smaller spaces if it matters at all.

    mrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    @fadingathedges
    Getting in the mech used up that turn. But yep, time for you to act now.

    You can use your telepathy.
    You can cast spells through the mech as if it was you.
    Your reach is 10 feet.
    The castle and the newly made pillar are difficult terrain. No roll needed to traverse them.

  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited May 7
    Alzav's voice comes to the minds of Arthur, Kirina, and anyone else who put their hands in the arcane conduit successfully. "You can control the statues from within, for a limited time!"

    fadingathedges on
    kimeAustinP0027
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 7
    Alzav



    Your body one with the statue, you sprint and leap onto the newly formed pillar of earth without breaking your stride!



    Oaghavanth and Ubika-Ucchal
    Enthroned of Oudru


    For a split second, you see it. A fragment of the Crown Eternal. It rests above the horror, its size immeasurable, a point of impossibility, like a star twinkling both near and far.

    The Enthroned throws its robe from its incomprehensible body of warped bone and skitters up the tower on many spider-like legs! With every step rotten flesh and putrid fungus falls, leaving a volatile trail. Too sudden and fast for you to get in an attack of opportunity.

    1307qq14s14o.jpeg


    px9uelmj394h.png



    No! This cannot be! Those fragile, withered mages… they rise again! The arm severed from one of them wriggles on the ground like a cut snake.



    Legendary action and lair action spent for this encounter.

    Endless_Serpents on
    mrpakukime
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited May 7
    Slammed into the ground, Kirina growns. But rest can come later. She climbs back to her feet and swings again!

    Geth roll 1d8+2 for WARHAMMER

    As it connects, a fresh pulse of light radiates from her into the surrounding area. Don't forget to grab your temporary HP if you want it on your turn instead of whatever temp HP you've got (and you're within 30 ft of Kirina)

    Geth roll 1d6+2 for new temporary HP

    Edit: Oh I posted at the same time as you :D

    WARHAMMER:
    1d8+2 5 [1d8=3]
    new temporary HP:
    1d6+2 7 [1d6=5]

    kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    mrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Kirina

    Blindsided by the crushing blow, Kirina swings her warhammer at the tall pillar of earth.

    Gimmi a different action instead.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited May 7
    Maybe.... I can get up from prone and climb up the tower to follow? Can I reach it without an action and so basically keep the same turn, or....?

    Edit: In fact, even if it takes an action I think Kirina will follow, if that's at all possible. She does not want this abomination to leave or survive, and she's not close to a statue anyways.

    kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Maybe.... I can get up from prone and climb up the tower to follow? Can I reach it without an action and so basically keep the same turn, or....?

    Edit: In fact, even if it takes an action I think Kirina will follow, if that's at all possible. She does not want this abomination to leave or survive, and she's not close to a statue anyways.

    I think a climb up a sheer surface from prone needs an Athletics check. Succeed and it’ll take that damage you already rolled.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+2 to climb the sheer rock

    to climb the sheer rock:
    1d20+2 21 [1d20=19]

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    mrpakuEndless_SerpentsAustinP0027
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 7
    Kirina

    Hand, hammer, hand, hammer—you smash your way up the pillar and crack one of the horror’s legs off at the knee!

    Endless_Serpents on
    kimemrpaku
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Alzav trades blows with the spiny mass before him, splintered bone and shards of stone rain down below. Their arms lock in the struggle, and Alzav smashes his forehead into the creature's face!

    Geth roll 2d10 for breaking bones

    breaking bones:
    2d10 11 [2d10=2, 9]

    kimeAustinP0027
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    As the undead mages reanimate, Solomon growls "Damn it all! Just stay dead!" he takes a few steps to side, engaging with one of the mages and strikes with his greatsword. He remains near the bridge, ready to face the oncoming undead.

    Take one move to the right putting me SW of mage 2 and then attacking that fool.

    Geth roll 2d6+3 for Damage

    Damage:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=4, 3]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Arthur stands in horror first he is catapulted into the air on top a stone pillar, and then as a living statue and the spines creature crawl up along with him.

    He cowers towards the edge as the statue attacks, hoping to be too small to be noticed. He knows his allies are attacking and he steels himself. Raising a hand, he points it at the horror, unleashing a ball of sound against it.

    Chromatic orb, thunder dmg

    Geth, roll 3d8 for Thunder!

    Thunder!:
    3d8 15 [3d8=7, 3, 5]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Alzav & Arthur

    The huge statue headbutts the horror just as Arthur unleashes their orb of thunderous power! Numerous skulls and other bones are flung from the tower!



    Solomon

    Hmm… no matter.

    You put the mage back on the ground.

  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited May 8
    Wow sorry folks. Busy Saturday. Lets see.

    After Simon's sword seemed to find little success with this Enthroned he began to look about. This creature required something more than he could deliver. The lithe Knight seemed to offer greater damage to the thing. He could bat away the monsters defenses and create an opening. Or was there perhaps some way to increase the strength of his blow? He glanced at the giant moving statue he could only guess was on his side...

    Just a couple quick questions and sorry if this first one was answered when we started but I couldn't find the answer quickly. Am I able to perform a help action? Perhaps increase Mordwyn's damage?

    Could I jump on top of the statue and try to do a dark souls-style falling attack? I'll say if I can I'll choose to do that so I can roll athletics ahead of time


    geth roll 1d20+5

    1d20+5 25 [1d20=20]

    nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.