As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] The Crown of Charon - The Eviscerator

1910111315

Posts

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The scroll is visible once removed from the tube

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    "Well isn't this fancy." Sy says aloud. "Found something of use here. Lorian, maybe something you'd be interested in. Reading scrolls and all that isn't really much my think."

    Sy holds the scroll out to Lorian.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Lady Lorian

    She takes the scroll eagerly. "Yes, yes, I'm sure I can make use of this. Ideally once we get out of here, but perhaps it will serve a purpose in our delve for treasures..."

    She's taking it either way, at least for now, but is this a Wizard-usable scroll? Can she read it or is she just going to pretend to read it for a bit?

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    No class-specification on the usability.

    Scroll of Power Word: Drain

    One-time use.

    As a bonus action, name one living monster you can see. It takes damage equal to your maximum recovery dice value, and you choose to either regain that many hit points, or gain that many temporary hit points.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    kimefadingathedges
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    "Are we done messing with the symbol? If so, let's go back and head through the portal."

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    "I agree. This room probably have a purpose that we haven't discovered the specific item for yet." Sy adds.

    Without waiting for the rest, he goes back to the other room and stands in front of the portal and waits.

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Well, unless folks have any objections, I’ll move back to the blue portal this afternoon/evening

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Bursarkime
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Yeah, doesn't seem like there's much else happening in that room, so I vote go ahead.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I thought I had agreed and turns out I hadn't, but yeah, ready to move on

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    You make your way back to the gauntlet. The Blue Portal still swirls invitingly against the North Wall.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    "Well - nothing else for it." Thane jumps through!

  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    "Let's see what's next in store."
    Brygos tromps through, axe at the ready.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    Sy waits just a few seconds, and when Thane and Brygos don't pop back out as skeletons, pops through the portal as well.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Lorian follows. Sorry, life is messy right now and I barely slept but should be more conscious later, just don't wanna hold up the game.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular


    The Eviscerator



    This cavern reeks with the smell of offal and gore. Indeed, a lake of this terrible mixture comprises the entirety of the cavern's floor. This legendary can only be that of the terrible river Phlegeton. You find yourselves atop 1 of 4 piles of scorched bone which float in the lake. Thane is on the one to the northwest, Lorian is on the Northeast pile, and Brygos and Sy occupy the Southwestern pile. No other floor is present. The lake churns and you see glimpses of large blades whirling just beneath the surface.


    myehqodm9is6.png



    3 doors seem to lead from the area. To the Northwest is a set of double doors emboss with a mosaic depicting a circle of 8 obelisks, each with a humanoid figure trapped inside. An elf skull made from coral is set into the face of the door, painted red. It is missing one of its canine teeth. To the Northeast is another set of double doors engraved with the image of a funeral pyre. The door also bears a copper skull, painted green. It is missing one of its eyes. Lastly, the door to the Southeast has a mosaic depicting 5 rivers pouring into a single goblet. It's only other adornment is an elf skull made from coral is set into the face of the door, painted blue. It is missing one of its canine teeth.

    The final thing you immediately notice is you are not alone in the chamber. On the Southeast bone pile, is a terrible demon.

    pebpqtyjm3aq.png

    However, instead of the two legs in our illustration, it's bottom half has the many draping stringy appendages of a jellyfish. It's whole body is translucent, with several organs pulsing with light just beneath the surface. As you appear, it howls a challenge and hefts it's wicked shining axe.

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Half-Jellyfish Molydeus Initiative.

    Half-Jellyfish Molydeus Initiative:
    1d20+4 16 [1d20=12]

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Assuming we're all rolling Init here.

    Geth, roll 1d20+10 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    1d20+10 17 [1d20=7]

  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Eew! Jellyfish!

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+1 for Brygos Init

    Brygos Init:
    2d20k1+1 20 [2d20k1=[19], 18]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    yup, initiative time

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Azara stumbles last through the portal.

    'You are all far too eager, given what we have witnessed'

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for initiative

    initiative:
    1d20+6 13 [1d20=7]

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited June 8
    Geth roll 1d20+4

    ez

    1d20+4 24 [1d20=20]

    kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited June 10
    Azara, unfortunately for them, lands on the same pile of bones as the Molydeus.


    Initiative

    Lady Lorian
    Brygos
    Sy
    Half-Jellyfish Molydeus
    Azara
    Thane

    @fadingathedges needs to roll init, but I'm fairly sure Kime can go unless things go weird

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    So, is this guy like, hovering? Or are his jellyfish appendages load-bearing?

    Geth roll 1d20-1 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    1d20-1 12 [1d20=13]

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Load-bearing appendages, based on the move speeds

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Is the jump to that pile easy to make?

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Well, the bones are slick with effluent, so I will need a Strength Check when you want to jump between the piles

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Could I do..... Acrobatics instead? *innocent cough*

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    You could, but it'd be at a disadvantage.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    kime
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Lady Lorian

    Seeing the demon, Lorian draws her blade, and focuses for a moment. She hears the music in her mind, the unending song of battle. Lorian's movements become unnaturally graceful, as she enters her Bladesong, every motion to the tune of that silent chorus.

    She leaps over to the demon, moving inhumanly fast. Ideally doing a flip along the jump, depending on how this roll goes....

    With Bladesong I have advantage on Acrobatics, so they cancel out. +9 is still better than +0 though!

    Geth roll 1d20+9 to jump

    to jump:
    1d20+9 25 [1d20=16]

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Lorian leaps over the terrible lake, riotous stench assaulting her nostrils. As she closes with the Molydeus, she sees that it's eyes appear to have been replaced with gems, one yellow, and one green.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited June 9
    Lady Lorian

    Now even with the demon, she whips her Rapier around and attacks!

    Geth roll 1d20+10 for first Rapier attack
    Geth roll 1d8+5 for maybe first attack damage

    Then, as before, she runs her hand across her blade and it begins to blur with minute vibrations. She swings back for another stab with the enchanted rapier!

    Geth roll 1d20+10 for Booming Blade Rapier attack
    Geth roll 1d8+5 for maybe Rapier pokey damage
    Geth roll 2d8 for Thunder damage if the attack hits
    Geth roll 3d8 for Thunder damage if the attack hits and the demon moves

    Then, she yells out to the others, "there are gems in it's eyes!"

    Edit: Wait what, both of my attack rolls were natural 1's!?

    first Rapier attack:
    1d20+10 11 [1d20=1]
    maybe first attack damage:
    1d8+5 13 [1d8=8]
    Booming Blade Rapier attack:
    1d20+10 11 [1d20=1]
    maybe Rapier pokey damage:
    1d8+5 6 [1d8=1]
    Thunder damage if the attack hits:
    2d8 12 [2d8=4, 8]
    Thunder damage if the attack hits and the demon moves:
    3d8 17 [3d8=7, 2, 8]

    kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    fadingathedges
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Lorian fights hard to keep her balance as she lands, not wanting any more of herself to touch this place than is necessary. The Demon seems prepared for her approach and slithers out of the way of her distracted swipes with the rapier.

    That'll make it @Bursar 's turn

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    kime
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Brygos first tentatively places a foot into the bloody froth, testing something...

    Brygos has a Ring of Water Walking! The question is if this counts as "liquid" enough to work.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    kimeAustinP0027
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    It is considered a fluid, which I believe counts for purposes

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited June 9
    Brygos unlimbers his battleaxe and walks out over the muck, his bootied hooves stepping lightly over the surface. As he approaches the southeast island, he drops his head and bellows a challenge, the lowing echoing across the chamber.



    A flash of fire bursts out from him, scorching the Molydeus and sending sizzling visceral steam boiling away from him in a circle. Brygos closes the distance, first bringing his axe down in a reckless double-handed crash, then an upward swipe as he pulls it from the wreckage of bones.


    Walk out over the surface. Once within 10 feet of the demon, Brygos Rages, dealing 4 fire damage to the demon (and hopefully not to the other party members on the same island - but if they do, it will only be 2 as they suddenly gain fire resistance at the same time).

    Once enraged, Brygos attacks once Recklessly with his battleaxe, and then once more at normal. Attacks against Brygos are at advantage until his next turn.


    Geth roll 2d20k1+9 for Reckless Attack
    Geth roll 1d12+7 for Raging Greataxe Damage 1
    Geth roll 1d20+9 for Standard Attack
    Geth roll 1d12+7 for Raging Greataxe Damage 2

    Reckless Attack:
    2d20k1+9 17 [2d20k1=[8], 6]
    Raging Greataxe Damage 1:
    1d12+7 14 [1d12=7]
    Standard Attack:
    1d20+9 16 [1d20=7]
    Raging Greataxe Damage 2:
    1d12+7 18 [1d12=11]

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    kime
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    No crits to roll, so it's @AustinP0027 's turn!

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Doesn't Reckless affect all attacks that turn?

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Bursar
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited June 9
    kime wrote: »
    Doesn't Reckless affect all attacks that turn?

    Oh, you're right. I read the "when you make your first attack" as just that one.

    Geth roll 1d20+9 for crit fishing

    crit fishing:
    1d20+9 13 [1d20=4]

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    kime
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    Sy watches two of them wander over to the demon. "Well. Can't leave them to have all the fun." He takes a running leap, and tries to hop over to the pile.

    I'll take the disadvantage on Acrobatics over my -1 Strength modifier.

    Geth, roll 2d20l1+11 for Acrobatics

    Acrobatics:
    2d20l1+11 12 [2d20l1=[1], 9]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'm guessing a Nat 1 means something bad, so I'll wait to try and attack.

    @Matev

    kime
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Can Thane use his Reaction to assist Sy:

    ---Restore Balance, 5x / Long Rest, [Rxn]: Prevent a roll within 60' from being affected by Advantage/Disadvantage

Sign In or Register to comment.