As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] The Crown of Charon - The Eviscerator

1679111215

Posts

  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Thane sheds a single tear. "Dang, man."

    AustinP0027
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Thane begins ritually casting Ceremony while next steps are sorted and/or until interrupted.

    "Dang died how he lived: Serenely diving into the unknown, flying on a broom. It's a miracle he made it this far."

    Thane pours out splashes of good liquor in a triangular ward around Dang's bones.

  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Brygos gives a start when Dang zooms past him, and another when his bones get expectorated back in the other direction.

    "I hope we wakes up with some slight wisdom gained."
    Brygos may not have been paying attention during the orientation, because he thinks if we die here, we'll just pop up back into our physical forms back in the Temple.

    Here's a quick Investigation check to rummage through the remains of the closest Blasphemer corpse/wrapping for anything that would seem unusual:

    Geth roll 1d20-1 for Cadaver Haver

    Cadaver Haver:
    1d20-1 18 [1d20=19]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Some thing's written on the wrappings, but Brygos can't make it out.

    Unless Brygos is proficient with Arcana

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Some thing's written on the wrappings, but Brygos can't make it out.

    Unless Brygos is proficient with Arcana

    Despite having a scholarly upbringing, Brygos can't make out the writing.

    "There's something here for the reader-y types," he points out. "Hopefully more interesting than 'warranty void when opened.'"

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Thane is trained in arcana and will take a look at it after the Ceremony is complete.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Thane is trained in arcana and will take a look at it after the Ceremony is complete.

    A ritual takes 10+ minutes? But the pillars are gonna be down in less than one minute, if I remember correctly. So uh... be aware of that :D

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Matev
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    "I'm -- already in process"

  • The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Azara is proficient in Arcana, suprisingly.

    "Perhaps I could take a look? You'd be suprised at the things you learn from the dusty old books some nobles keep".


    Gonna roll just in case I need to

    Geth, roll 1d20+5+5 for Arcana

    Arcana:
    1d20+5+5 22 [1d20=12]

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
    AustinP0027Bursarkime
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited May 9
    The wrappings appear to be part of a scroll, an invoking of demonic energies.

    ***

    There is a rush and pop of air, and a pair of creatures appear, decaying bodies that are half woman, half snake, the serpentine bodies flowing as if made of dark water.

    abumq2i38woi.png


    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Initiative for Half-Lamia Water Naga Ghasts

    Initiative for Half-Lamia Water Naga Ghasts:
    1d20+3 11 [1d20=8]

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    kime
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Initiative order:

    Sy
    Lorian
    The Blasphemers
    Azara
    Dang
    Lamias
    Brygos
    Thane

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    kime
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I'm laughing my head off here. Devious stuff, Matev!

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Wait are we back to top of the order?

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Yup, now that we've given folks a chance to do their thing

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    Second verse, same as the first

    Sy was making a disgusted face as Dang had just come out of the portal. Or more appropriately, Dang's mud skeleton had come out. He was about to comment on that when something else just appeared in the room. Two serpentine creatures appeared. "Someone figure out this skull, or else they might just keep coming."

    Rushing to the nearest, he follows the same plan as before. Rush in, strike, retreat.
    Move, attack, move away.

    Geth, roll 1d20+11 for Attack Hit
    Geth, roll 1d8+6 for Rapier Dmg
    Geth, roll 7d6 for Sneak Attack Dmg

    Attack Hit:
    1d20+11 22 [1d20=11]
    Rapier Dmg:
    1d8+6 9 [1d8=3]
    Sneak Attack Dmg:
    7d6 31 [7d6=2, 6, 2, 6, 5, 6, 4]

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Sy's blade slices into the watery, dead flesh, the lamia hissing, the stench of moldy death is overwhelming.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Crap I did it again. Sorry @kime

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Gahh, no worries. I'm usually staying up-to-date on the thread anyways, but I read your update late at night and then it just COMPLETELY left my brain this morning :D

    Lady Lorian

    Lorian is done with this room and its pillars and spawning enemies. She walks over to the skull and looks at it closely.

    Anything she can learn from it? Is there an on/off button, what does the seal do, etc

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The seal is quite obviously one of magic, and appears to be holding the skull's jaws shut.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Is there a way to get rid of it beyond the obvious of like, casting "Dispel Magic" or such? Like are seals something I can just mess up a line of it or something and it'll fail?

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    You can try. Roll Intelligence

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Intelligence Check

    Intelligence Check:
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Lorian attempts to elegantly disrupt the seal by breaking some of it's lines, but fails to have any effect. Maybe the structure isn't one she's familiar with?

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    That seal's just not sophisticated enough, you see. Was that my action?

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    AustinP0027
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    We'll say that was a bonus action.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Lady Lorian

    Alrighty. I'm assuming I've got enough movement to get to one of the Lamia-ghosts?

    She runs to the already-damaged Lamia-thing, and attacks with her shining Rapier!

    Geth roll 1d20+10 for Attack with Rapier
    Geth roll 1d8+5 for maybe damage from Rapier

    Then she brings her blade back around, imbuing it with an eerie green light, and attacks again with Green-Flame Blade

    Geth roll 1d20+10 for second attack
    Geth roll 1d8+5+2d8 for maybe piercing and then fire damage
    Geth roll 2d8+5 for maybe extra fire damage on the second Lamia

    The last roll only counts if the Lamia is within 5 feet of the first, which maybe isn't the case)

    Attack with Rapier:
    1d20+10 15 [1d20=5]
    maybe damage from Rapier:
    1d8+5 12 [1d8=7]
    second attack:
    1d20+10 23 [1d20=13]
    maybe piercing and then fire damage:
    1d8+5+2d8 21 [1d8=5] [2d8=6, 5]
    maybe extra fire damage:
    2d8+5 14 [2d8=7, 2]

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    As Lorian lunges in, the Naga throws up it's hands, briny water pouring forth and turning the blade aside. Lorian steps back, watching the shapes move through the veil of water, then flicks in with the blade as it ignites green, steam hissing as it pierces the water and the naga shrieks, the smell of burnt flesh punctuating the air as it slithers about. The other naga is over on the other side of the room menacing other party members so the spare flame sputters out.

    Should make it @The Brayster 's turn!

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    kime
  • The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Inspired by the courage (and sophistication) of Lady Lorians' advance, Azara beats her chest once more* before charging into battle herself, striking at the same Lamia.

    *Bonus Action: Bardic Inspiration for Lady Lorian

    Geth, roll 1d20+5+4 for Attack

    Geth, roll 1d6+5 for Damage

    Attack:
    1d20+5+4 21 [1d20=12]
    Damage:
    1d6+5 8 [1d6=3]

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
    kime
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited May 10
    The lamia hisses and rears back as she's nicked, filthy dark liquid pulsing from her wounds. She lunges forward, biting at Sy. Then, the water surrounding her shifts and shrinks, forming a rapier in her grasp. She mouths the same incantation Lorian did, the watery blade igniting with emerald green flames as she slashes at Sy.

    The other naga in range of Brygos and Thane begins to sway and shift unsettingly, it's movements sinuous and relaxing.

    All adventurers must make a Wisdom saving throw to resist charm!
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Paralyzing Bite
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Green Flame Blade

    Geth, roll 1d6+4 for Paralyzing Bite piercing damage
    Geth, roll 7d8 for Paralyzing Bite poison damage

    Sy must make a Consitution saving throw to avoid paralysis and for 1/2 poison damage!

    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Water Rapier Damage
    Geth, roll 2d8 for Green Flame fire damage to Sy
    Geth, roll 2d8+3 for Green Flame fire damage to Lady Lorian

    It's @Bursar 's go!

    Paralyzing Bite:
    1d20+7 19 [1d20=12]
    Green Flame Blade:
    1d20+7 16 [1d20=9]
    Paralyzing Bite piercing damage:
    1d6+4 7 [1d6=3]
    Paralyzing Bite poison damage:
    7d8 29 [7d8=2, 1, 4, 8, 8, 3, 3]
    Water Rapier Damage:
    1d8+4 5 [1d8=1]
    Green Flame fire damage to Sy:
    2d8 6 [2d8=4, 2]
    Green Flame fire damage to Lady Lorian:
    2d8+3 16 [2d8=5, 8]

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+7 for Wis Save

    Wis Save:
    1d20+7 12 [1d20=5]

  • The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 10
    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for Wisdom Save

    Edit: Heck

    Wisdom Save:
    1d20+1 3 [1d20=2]

    The Brayster on
    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
    kime
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited May 10
    Geth roll 1d20+1 for WIS save (Brygos)

    Assuming he makes this save, Brygos will attack the nearest lamia twice!

    To save time between posts, if he doesn't make the save, he'll move to the other lamia and attack it instead. Providing this is a standard Charm and he doesn't get forced to do something else!
    Geth roll 1d20+9 for Maul Attack 1
    Geth roll 2d6+4 for Maul damage 1
    Geth roll 1d20+9 for Maul Attack 2
    Geth roll 2d6+4 for Maul damage 2

    Edit: double heck

    WIS save (Brygos):
    1d20+1 4 [1d20=3]
    Maul Attack 1:
    1d20+9 24 [1d20=15]
    Maul damage 1:
    2d6+4 11 [2d6=5, 2]
    Maul Attack 2:
    1d20+9 27 [1d20=18]
    Maul damage 2:
    2d6+4 9 [2d6=1, 4]

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    kime
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Brygos turns from the mesmerizing lamia, towards the one the others had been focusing on. With a swing from his maul, he stoves it's head in and it rapidly begins hissing and evaporating in a foul cloud as it perishes.

    Brygos may repeat the saving throw at the end of their turn. Next is @fadingathedges

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited May 10

    Adv on Wis save because Elf/Charm.
    I'm going to be using Uncanny Dodge to halve some amount of dmg here.

    Edit: Def failed the Con save. So will halve the poison dmg.
    Should take 7 (bite)+14 (poison)+6 (green flame) = 27

    Geth, roll 2d20+2 for Wis Save

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Con Save

    Wis Save:
    2d20+2 19 [2d20=11, 6]
    Con Save:
    1d20+3 9 [1d20=6]

    AustinP0027 on
    kime
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Brygos looks down at the deliquescent corpse. Wasn't there something else...? He turns back toward the first lamia and scratches his head.

    Geth roll 1d20+1 for end-of-turn WIS save (Brygos)

    end-of-turn WIS save (Brygos):
    1d20+1 3 [1d20=2]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    kimeAustinP0027Matev
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ugggh, that Lamia rolled high on their damage to me lol

    Geth roll 2d20+7k1 for Wisdom Saving Throw with Advantage

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Geth roll 2d20k1+7

    2d20k1+7 18 [2d20k1=[11], 1]

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited May 10
    Uh if you're paralyzed, that's gonna tack on more damage to that Green Flame Blade as Melee attacks within 5 ft. of Paralyzed characters that hit them are Crits.

    HURT ME PLENTY ACTIVATES, adding 12 slashing and 16 fire damage to the Green Flame Blade attack!

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    kime
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Uh if you're paralyzed, that's tack on more damage to that Green Flame Blade as Melee attacks within 5 ft. of Paralyzed characters that hit them are Crits.

    HURT ME PLENTY ACTIVATES, adding 12 slashing and 16 fire damage to the Green Flame Blade attack!

    Just to Sy, and not Lady Lorian, yeah? As Lorian isn't paralyzed.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Wording is ambiguous cause it's all 1 big attack, but I'll say that because you aren't paralyzed, you shouldn't get flash fried

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    kime
Sign In or Register to comment.