As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [TV] Thread, what a concept!

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    It’s too bad they couldn’t do the Year of Hell over a whole season like they wanted.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Voyager is entirely justified for the Tom Paris speaking tour on Lower Decks.

and commemorative plate!

Also, no Tom Paris means no Captain Proton and no "Bride of Chaotica".

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    voyager is largely very bad with some pretty good stuff in between and janeway is a multi-time war criminal

• Options
    the fucking pilot has her commit a warcrime!

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    the fucking pilot has her commit a warcrime!

How?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I started Voyager.

oh no

It’s, uh…

So, obviously first seasons are typically low points for Trek shows. This one has not been particularly enjoyable 4 or 5 episodes in. With DS9 I wanted to keep going back to binge it, but now with Votager I just kinda feel like… “maybe I’ll watch another one to see if I start giving a shit?”

I mean, at least they almost always get better, right?

It is painfully obvious from the material that all the people who were super into exploring what you could do with Star Trek went to DS9 and all the mercenary writers who wanted to keep working went to Voyager.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    There were so many possible episodes for that spoiler that I'm almost dissapointed it was that one.

I'd have put the single most racist Star Trek episode myself. It's also very stupid in other ways.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Star Trek Picard and Voyager
    God I hope the FBI agent is actually the temporal officer from Voyager since it is the same actor. That would be a neat pull.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Oh man I just figured out the abandoned show folks were alluding to

And yeah you would have had to do prequel stuff because that series is never, ever, ever getting back together finished

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Also if you're doing prequel stuff you have more freedom to make it less bad, which is always a plus

• Options
    I really really liked that series until the second half

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Strongly considering just going to watch Enterprise instead.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Strongly considering just going to watch Enterprise instead.

oh no.
    god no.
    Our situation has not improved.

• Options
    Okay, I ducked out of Voyager and started Russian Doll. And I apparently went all this time without knowing anything about the show whatsoever, including the central premise, so that pilot hit pretty hard. So to speak.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Sweet birthday baby!

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Okay, I ducked out of Voyager and started Russian Doll. And I apparently went all this time without knowing anything about the show whatsoever, including the central premise, so that pilot hit pretty hard. So to speak.

Oh, that's good. Because when it came out Netflix spoiled the premise and a big twist right in the front-page autoplay teaser

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    Sweet birthday baby!

Gotta get up, gotta get out

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I am thankful to that show for introducing me to Harry Nilsson

• Options

Cock

A

Roach

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Good god Patriot takes a hell of a dark turn from Season 1 to Season 2. It goes from kinda fun to kinda miserable, now I just want to hurry through the rest so it's over.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Powered through and finished. I kinda wish I hadn’t known season 2 existed at all - the story had a pretty good ending at episode 10. Season 2 didn’t really add much to the plot IMO and lacked the humor that was present throughout season 1.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I love russian doll

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Well, finished Russian Doll. Man, what a fuckin' show. So much great stuff in that season, but that final sequence is going to be something that sticks in my brain for a long time.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I finally finished watching all of It's Always Sunny.

Why did I not watch this until now. The first two seasons were kinda shaky, but once they found their feet is was so good.

Even the odd episode where you think 'yeah, that want too far' you're still laughing.

I want to see more of these degenerate sociopaths.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    -Loki- wrote: »

Why did I not watch this until now. The first two seasons were kinda shaky, but once they found their feet is was so good.

Even the odd episode where you think 'yeah, that want too far' you're still laughing.

You should watch AP Bio. Glenn isn’t quite playing Dennis, but he’s not that far off.

minor incident on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Yeah we watched that during the binge.

They were very similar characters, but Dennis is just so awful.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-always-sunny-podcast/id1594627983

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Grislo wrote: »

The Podcast is incredible.

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Grislo wrote: »

The Podcast is incredible.

Sometimes they'll talk about an episode, sometimes they'll try to kick in a door

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    They do film their pods, including the door bit (at 16.00 if the timecode didn't work):

https://youtu.be/xviPQ07WfXI?t=954

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    According to the signs up around my workplace, they made a spinoff series of the movie Blindspotting? And i guess are filming some of it in or near my work building?

Hope this won't fuck up entry to the lab

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    A spin-off sequel television series of same name, created and executive produced by Diggs and Casal and run by Casal, premiered in 2021. It focuses on Jones' character, Ashley, with Diggs and Casal reprising their roles as guests.

wiki

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    this doesn't answer my query about accessing the office though!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    My roommate made us watch a video titled "the 25 most iconic moments from EastEnders" and like 40% of it was sexual assault. Now, I'm not going to say a show shouldn't address that as a plot point, but I do have to quibble with the idea that you should call those scenes "iconic"

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Daveed Diggs is using your desk.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »

Daveed Diggs is using your desk.

I'm honored and annoyed in equal parts.
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    My roommate made us watch a video titled "the 25 most iconic moments from EastEnders" and like 40% of it was sexual assault. Now, I'm not going to say a show shouldn't address that as a plot point, but I do have to quibble with the idea that you should call those scenes "iconic"

... it does sound like a pretty solid encapsulation of most of Eastenders, though.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    That's certainly the impression that it gave! Dunno how anything beat "you're not my mother!" "yes I am!" though

• Options
    hand banana was funny, but also maybe don't bring back a character whose whole schtick was the threat of sexual assault, yeah?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    hand banana was funny, but also maybe don't bring back a character whose whole schtick was the threat of sexual assault, yeah?

hmm

think it went well beyond threat too

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
This discussion has been closed.