As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sorry for [Party] Rocking

2456736

Posts

  • KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    Ok I truly understand that we don't want to get into this again

    And I promise I will try to only post if I have a nice, substantive thing from here on

    However comma

    I desperately need to share the perfect headline

    te4by24p3d2g.png
    Her response there is just a series of non-sequiturs. It sounds less like she is defending herself from the (obviously true) claim, and more that she's just hella confused.

    It actually made me feel slight pity for Feinstein, which is not something I thought I would ever feel. Schumer's take that he hopes she'll leave office on her own terms is ridiculous though. She is a Senator! In theory, that is an important job! Surely the necessity of having legislators with functioning brains outweighs whatever concern Chuck might have for her dignity. I mean she represents like 60 million people, do they not have a right to a legislator who is mentally capable of legislating?

    At this point I can't even blame her for clinging to power, it's more the fault of everyone around her for not gently ushering her back into her mansion and assigning someone to keep her from coming back to the Capitol.

    I was gonna say that I can't wait till 2025 when we start seeing articles like this about Biden, but we probably won't have to deal with that scenario at all, as he'll be irrelevant by then...

    DoodmannHachfaceKayne Red RobeCidTheSquidEddy
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    But... where is the political party that is willing to make a strong messaging stance that is supportive of that 56% of Americans?

    They are being told by their consultants that doing anything "controversial" might hurt them in the mid-terms.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    A Dabble Of TheloniusMagellDoodmannMatevDouglasDangerTetraNitroCubaneMan in the MistsBloodsheedElvenshaeLabelLostNinjaelectricitylikesmeNobeardHefflingReynoldsdispatch.oCidTheSquid
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    But... where is the political party that is willing to make a strong messaging stance that is supportive of that 56% of Americans?

    They are being told by their consultants that doing anything "controversial" might hurt them in the mid-terms.

    Oh, I wasn't aware that something only 24% of Americans were in opposition to would be considered "controversial." ;)

    usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • LanzLanz Registered User regular
    Kaputa wrote: »
    Ok I truly understand that we don't want to get into this again

    And I promise I will try to only post if I have a nice, substantive thing from here on

    However comma

    I desperately need to share the perfect headline

    te4by24p3d2g.png
    Her response there is just a series of non-sequiturs. It sounds less like she is defending herself from the (obviously true) claim, and more that she's just hella confused.

    It actually made me feel slight pity for Feinstein, which is not something I thought I would ever feel. Schumer's take that he hopes she'll leave office on her own terms is ridiculous though. She is a Senator! In theory, that is an important job! Surely the necessity of having legislators with functioning brains outweighs whatever concern Chuck might have for her dignity. I mean she represents like 60 million people, do they not have a right to a legislator who is mentally capable of legislating?

    At this point I can't even blame her for clinging to power, it's more the fault of everyone around her for not gently ushering her back into her mansion and assigning someone to keep her from coming back to the Capitol.

    I was gonna say that I can't wait till 2025 when we start seeing articles like this about Biden, but we probably won't have to deal with that scenario at all, as he'll be irrelevant by then...

    Nah I think the Senate’s a fancy club for Beltway Nobility

    BloodsheedKaputaDark_SideDisruptedCapitalistHacksawFANTOMASReynoldsMatevYamiB.
  • LanzLanz Registered User regular
    The twitter account is what it says on the label


    Happy 4/20! Today is the 456th day that Biden has refused to fulfill his cannabis campaign promises, which are still up on his website 👇

    FQwJJMnWYAcze4m.jpg

    mrpakuzepherinMan in the MistsKristmas KthulhuBloodsheedHacksawThawmusZonugalDouglasDangerFANTOMASsarukunDoodmannMagellHefflingYamiB.
  • KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    Kaputa wrote: »
    Ok I truly understand that we don't want to get into this again

    And I promise I will try to only post if I have a nice, substantive thing from here on

    However comma

    I desperately need to share the perfect headline

    te4by24p3d2g.png
    Her response there is just a series of non-sequiturs. It sounds less like she is defending herself from the (obviously true) claim, and more that she's just hella confused.

    It actually made me feel slight pity for Feinstein, which is not something I thought I would ever feel. Schumer's take that he hopes she'll leave office on her own terms is ridiculous though. She is a Senator! In theory, that is an important job! Surely the necessity of having legislators with functioning brains outweighs whatever concern Chuck might have for her dignity. I mean she represents like 60 million people, do they not have a right to a legislator who is mentally capable of legislating?

    At this point I can't even blame her for clinging to power, it's more the fault of everyone around her for not gently ushering her back into her mansion and assigning someone to keep her from coming back to the Capitol.

    I was gonna say that I can't wait till 2025 when we start seeing articles like this about Biden, but we probably won't have to deal with that scenario at all, as he'll be irrelevant by then...

    Nah I think the Senate’s a fancy club for Beltway Nobility
    Yeah, that's along the lines of what made me say "in theory." In practice healthy neurological function is significantly less necessary for Senators than for most occupations.

  • LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Do we have any idea if 'WaitingOnBiden' is an actual person? and not some bullshit twitter scam?

  • LanzLanz Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    Label wrote: »
    Do we have any idea if 'WaitingOnBiden' is an actual person? and not some bullshit twitter scam?

    I am afraid to tell you, no, Biden and Harris did actually make that promise and this is not some bullshit twitter scam to make you doubt Biden for nefarious reasons:

    https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/cannabis-in-the-presidential-race-biden-harris-pledge-to-decriminalize-marijuana
    Harris announced the position at an ABC virtual town hall Monday. "Under a Biden-Harris administration, we will decriminalize the use of marijuana and automatically expunge all marijuana-use convictions and end incarceration for drug use alone," Harris stated. "This is no time for half-steppin'. This is no time for incrementalism. We need to deal with the system and there needs to be significant change in the design of the system."

    News Outlet the recount with video of Harris making the promise:


    Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) says a Biden-Harris administration would decriminalize marijuana and expunge marijuana use convictions: “This is no time for incrementalism ... there needs to be significant change in the design of the system.”

    And the page from their campaign site:
    https://joebiden.com/justice/
    Decriminalize the use of cannabis and automatically expunge all prior cannabis use convictions. Biden believes no one should be in jail because of cannabis use. As president, he will decriminalize cannabis use and automatically expunge prior convictions. And, he will support the legalization of cannabis for medical purposes, leave decisions regarding legalization for recreational use up to the states, and reschedule cannabis as a schedule II drug so researchers can study its positive and negative impacts.

    Lanz on
    LabelMan in the MistsDarkPrimusDouglasDangerFANTOMASKristmas KthulhuCidTheSquidYamiB.
  • LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Awesomed for the receipts. Still not sure that twitter account is real, but it doesn't matter.

    What an incredible disappointment this administration has been.

  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    Awesomed for the receipts. Still not sure that twitter account is real, but it doesn't matter.

    What an incredible disappointment this administration has been.

    I'm curious, what do you mean by "real"? Like, I can't for the life of me figure out the criteria to consider it real.

    No I don't.
    tynicDarkPrimusLokarnSolarFANTOMASMagellReynoldsCidTheSquidYamiB.
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Its a twitter account without a checkmark. Even with a checkmark its not a terribly good guarantee that an account is honest. If there was a link to the web page it may be easy to see but it was an image. Which... is easy to manipulate. All that was asked was whether or not the account was legitimate.

    wbBv3fj.png
    zagdrobDoodmannKayne Red Robe
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    You cant just post satire and pretend its fact. Even if it is super truthy.

  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Its not satire, they really did promise it and really havent done it.

    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    FANTOMASBloodsheedDoodmannMagellKristmas KthulhuButtersReynoldsCidTheSquidYamiB.
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Yup. But you don't need to get snippy because someone asked you to source your tweet.

    wbBv3fj.png
  • R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    It would be interesting to see what their reasoning / excuse for not having fulfilled the pot promise yet is. It's one of those very very few things a bipartisan majority of Americans (slim on the Republican side, but you know crazy).

    https://news.gallup.com/poll/356939/support-legal-marijuana-holds-record-high.aspx

    DouglasDangerKayne Red Robe
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    R-dem wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see what their reasoning / excuse for not having fulfilled the pot promise yet is. It's one of those very very few things a bipartisan majority of Americans (slim on the Republican side, but you know crazy).

    https://news.gallup.com/poll/356939/support-legal-marijuana-holds-record-high.aspx

    Its substantially less popular among 65+

    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Elvenshaedestroyah87Man in the MistsDouglasDangerMagelldispatch.o
  • LanzLanz Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    R-dem wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see what their reasoning / excuse for not having fulfilled the pot promise yet is. It's one of those very very few things a bipartisan majority of Americans (slim on the Republican side, but you know crazy).

    https://news.gallup.com/poll/356939/support-legal-marijuana-holds-record-high.aspx

    Its substantially less popular among 65+

    Also still helps to grease the wheels of a white supremacist carceral state

    Even if they can’t fully legalize without congress, drug scheduling is within the purview of the Executive branch

    Lanz on
    Styrofoam SammichRedTideHacksawMan in the MistsZonugalSolarDouglasDangerBloodsheedKristmas Kthulhu
  • LanzLanz Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    zagdrob wrote: »
    You cant just post satire and pretend its fact. Even if it is super truthy.

    What is the satire? The “happy 4/20”?

    Cause it is indeed “the weed number day,” and the critique about Biden failing to make effort, let alone progress, on his marijuana promises for one year and nearly four months is, indeed, accurate

    Lanz on
    FANTOMASBloodsheedKristmas Kthulhu
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    R-dem wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see what their reasoning / excuse for not having fulfilled the pot promise yet is. It's one of those very very few things a bipartisan majority of Americans (slim on the Republican side, but you know crazy).

    https://news.gallup.com/poll/356939/support-legal-marijuana-holds-record-high.aspx

    Republicans support it but republican politicians do not.

    wbBv3fj.png
    Lord_Asmodeus
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Motion to declare this thread title a disappointment to people thinking this thread would be a source of punch recipes

    wWuzwvJ.png
    LabelThawmusElvenshaeKayne Red RobeWinkyForarJusticeforPlutonever die
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    R-dem wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see what their reasoning / excuse for not having fulfilled the pot promise yet is. It's one of those very very few things a bipartisan majority of Americans (slim on the Republican side, but you know crazy).

    https://news.gallup.com/poll/356939/support-legal-marijuana-holds-record-high.aspx

    I think a large part of it is institutional inertia and severe pushback from the DEA. The DEA clearly does not want anyone rescheduling marijuana. All the while a full blown epidemic of opioid abuse ravaged across the rural parts of the US right under their damn noses.

    I figure it's much like Obama and gun regulation, they aren't interested in the fight. But with Biden's numbers in the tank and nothing positive on the horizon, hell, I can't see why it doesn't make sense to push for it now.

    Dark_Side on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Motion to declare this thread title a disappointment to people thinking this thread would be a source of punch recipes

    Overruled

    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    HacksawMan in the MistsDarkPrimusDee KaeFANTOMASnever die
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    R-dem wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see what their reasoning / excuse for not having fulfilled the pot promise yet is. It's one of those very very few things a bipartisan majority of Americans (slim on the Republican side, but you know crazy).

    https://news.gallup.com/poll/356939/support-legal-marijuana-holds-record-high.aspx

    I think a large part of it is institutional inertia and severe pushback from the DEA. The DEA clearly does not want anyone rescheduling marijuana. All the while a full blown epidemic of opioid abuse ravaged across the rural parts of the US right under their damn noses.

    I figure it's much like Obama and gun regulation, they aren't interested in the fight. But with Biden's numbers in the tank and nothing positive on the horizon, hell, I can't see why it doesn't make sense to push for it now.

    If there was another law enforcement group as filthy as ICE, it would be the DEA.

    Dark_Side
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Its a twitter account without a checkmark. Even with a checkmark its not a terribly good guarantee that an account is honest. If there was a link to the web page it may be easy to see but it was an image. Which... is easy to manipulate. All that was asked was whether or not the account was legitimate.

    What do you mean "the account was legitimate?" What do you mean "an account is honest?"

    If you mean that you doubt that the screenshot is real, it was a simple matter to consult Wikipedia which has direct links to Biden's website - not the exact page that is screenshotted in the tweet, but it does indeed contain statements that convey the exact same message therein. And putting a portion of the direct text into Google ("decriminalize the use of cannabis and automatically expunge all prior") similarly returns a large number of articles quoting directly from the campaign website either at the time that it was posted on the website to endorse him as a candidate, or to point out that his statements once President-elect now contradict what had been posted on the website.

    usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • LanzLanz Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Its a twitter account without a checkmark. Even with a checkmark its not a terribly good guarantee that an account is honest. If there was a link to the web page it may be easy to see but it was an image. Which... is easy to manipulate. All that was asked was whether or not the account was legitimate.

    What do you mean "the account was legitimate?" What do you mean "an account is honest?"

    If you mean that you doubt that the screenshot is real, it was a simple matter to consult Wikipedia which has direct links to Biden's website - not the exact page that is screenshotted in the tweet, but it does indeed contain statements that convey the exact same message therein. And putting a portion of the direct text into Google ("decriminalize the use of cannabis and automatically expunge all prior") similarly returns a large number of articles quoting directly from the campaign website either at the time that it was posted on the website to endorse him as a candidate, or to point out that his statements once President-elect now contradict what had been posted on the website.

    I should note I found that one from its sister account for Harris, which used the same clip as the recount tweet embedded in my earlier post

    Unless we now want to suggest they’re going around posting deep fakes because something something weird twitter hang ups among an ostensibly online literate user base who’ve been posting here for decades

  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 22
    Love to watch real estate continue to solidify into a investment portfolio for the wealthly from the suburbs to to the city truely brilliant rent seeking stuff

    The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    LucedesDoodmannHacksaw
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Its a twitter account without a checkmark. Even with a checkmark its not a terribly good guarantee that an account is honest. If there was a link to the web page it may be easy to see but it was an image. Which... is easy to manipulate. All that was asked was whether or not the account was legitimate.

    What do you mean "the account was legitimate?" What do you mean "an account is honest?"

    If you mean that you doubt that the screenshot is real, it was a simple matter to consult Wikipedia which has direct links to Biden's website - not the exact page that is screenshotted in the tweet, but it does indeed contain statements that convey the exact same message therein. And putting a portion of the direct text into Google ("decriminalize the use of cannabis and automatically expunge all prior") similarly returns a large number of articles quoting directly from the campaign website either at the time that it was posted on the website to endorse him as a candidate, or to point out that his statements once President-elect now contradict what had been posted on the website.

    It means please source your fucking tweets. That is all that was asked. No one doubts that the info was legit anymore. That was clearly established before my post even. And established that I understood that in a post before you clicked quote.

    Now in the above case it may be reasonable to remember that promise yourself and so not see the need to source a tweet. But if someone asks you to, because they don’t remember it and like… the tweet is not from an obvious news organization that is clearly reputable about basic facts it’s not the end of the world. Just source it. Because it’s not anyone’s job to verify the info you post. If it’s so easy to go to Wikipedia. And link to the website that still has it up do that instead of linking an unsourced account posting a picture on Twitter.
    Lanz wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Its a twitter account without a checkmark. Even with a checkmark its not a terribly good guarantee that an account is honest. If there was a link to the web page it may be easy to see but it was an image. Which... is easy to manipulate. All that was asked was whether or not the account was legitimate.

    What do you mean "the account was legitimate?" What do you mean "an account is honest?"

    If you mean that you doubt that the screenshot is real, it was a simple matter to consult Wikipedia which has direct links to Biden's website - not the exact page that is screenshotted in the tweet, but it does indeed contain statements that convey the exact same message therein. And putting a portion of the direct text into Google ("decriminalize the use of cannabis and automatically expunge all prior") similarly returns a large number of articles quoting directly from the campaign website either at the time that it was posted on the website to endorse him as a candidate, or to point out that his statements once President-elect now contradict what had been posted on the website.

    I should note I found that one from its sister account for Harris, which used the same clip as the recount tweet embedded in my earlier post

    Unless we now want to suggest they’re going around posting deep fakes because something something weird twitter hang ups among an ostensibly online literate user base who’ve been posting here for decades
    Nah your second post is good. The Twitter has a video which would be hard to fake and it’s coming from a check marked news organization. We were discussing the first post. Which its reasonable to ask questions about (that you reasonably answered in your second)

    Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
    LostNinjadiscrideradytumForar
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Also, while I'm at it, I wish people would stop trying to make Pete a face of the Democratic party

    He sucks, he's unlikeable, he's a stock photo model who entered politics, someone in the media somewhere really likes the idea of him or some reason, but he's won two elections for mayor, please let him alone , stop trying to make President Pete happen

    He’s white, male, non threatening gay, and a vet. If political consultants could grow a politician in a lab the result would be very close to real life Pete. He’s with us forever.

    I'm not saying we are going to have an autocratic dystopia, but things keep happening that look like they come from an autocratic dystopia.
    ElvenshaeDoodmannDark_Sidedispatch.oCidTheSquid
  • BogartBogart Turn Around, Bright Eyes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Sourcing your tweets is well established forum policy for political threads. People asking you to provide more information when the source isn't recognised is entirely reasonable and not some terrible burden. It's not everyone else's job to provide proof for a claim you make.

    ElvenshaeStabbity StyleMeeqezepherinMan in the MistsdiscriderelectricitylikesmeadytumForarshrykenever dieMvrckAim
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Well he promised it and he hasn't done it or even made noises about it, which I feel is a list that's quite long for ol Joey Biden

    DouglasDangerBloodsheedKristmas KthulhutynicReynolds
  • R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    Anecdote time!
    I have a very conservative co-worker that I get along with quite well. He's a good dude! I know, shocking. He says the same when he tells his friends that he has a filthy proggie co-worker that he likes.
    Anyway!
    One day I said something caustic about Biden, and he said "What, you're not a Brandon fan?" to which I replied "How could I be? Dude's not done a thing."
    Okay, back to serious thread.

  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    R-dem wrote: »
    Anecdote time!
    I have a very conservative co-worker that I get along with quite well. He's a good dude! I know, shocking. He says the same when he tells his friends that he has a filthy proggie co-worker that he likes.
    Anyway!
    One day I said something caustic about Biden, and he said "What, you're not a Brandon fan?" to which I replied "How could I be? Dude's not done a thing."
    Okay, back to serious thread.

    One of my favorite new games to play is get into political arguments with my dad (Republican never-Trumper (because Trump was secretly a Democrat, you see, and he's poisoning the party with Dem nonsense)) where I complain incessantly about Biden and he ends up spending the entire time defending Biden.

    I recently asked him why he keeps falling into that trap and he told me it's because if Biden isn't good enough for me that scares him. I was like, okay then, be scared I guess.

    steam_sig.png
    Twitch: Thawmus83
    Youtube: Thawmus
    Man in the Mists
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I will occasionally bait someone into arguing about Biden, and then tell them he sucks because he's basically a do-nothing Republican

    Thawmus
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    R-dem wrote: »
    Anecdote time!
    I have a very conservative co-worker that I get along with quite well. He's a good dude! I know, shocking. He says the same when he tells his friends that he has a filthy proggie co-worker that he likes.
    Anyway!
    One day I said something caustic about Biden, and he said "What, you're not a Brandon fan?" to which I replied "How could I be? Dude's not done a thing."
    Okay, back to serious thread.

    One of my favorite new games to play is get into political arguments with my dad (Republican never-Trumper (because Trump was secretly a Democrat, you see, and he's poisoning the party with Dem nonsense)) where I complain incessantly about Biden and he ends up spending the entire time defending Biden.

    I recently asked him why he keeps falling into that trap and he told me it's because if Biden isn't good enough for me that scares him. I was like, okay then, be scared I guess.

    Localized Overton window shifting

    ThawmusNobeardMan in the Mistselectricitylikesme
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    DarkPrimus was warned for this.
    Bogart wrote: »
    Sourcing your tweets is well established forum policy for political threads. People asking you to provide more information when the source isn't recognised is entirely reasonable and not some terrible burden. It's not everyone else's job to provide proof for a claim you make.

    The Tweet states the source, and if any forumer can be trusted to vett their sources before linking them, it's Lanz.

    Just because a Twitter account isn't verified doesn't mean it doesn't provide legitimate information. In point of fact, there are plenty of blue checkmarks on that site that do nothing but post lies.

    Folks were being needlessly incredulous about a tweet that is the easiest thing in the world to verify the veracity of - as the Tweet says, it's still on their campaign website - because reflexively pushing back against truthful statements about the Biden administration is a natural result of internalizing the Vote Blue No Matter Who mentality.

    Examining and questioning the policies of a Democrat runs counter to that because if you look too critically at a Democrats' policies... you might feel less inclined to vote for them. And we can't not vote for a Democrat! It's only through voting for Democrats that the policies I like will be implemented - ah, I am now being informed not enough of the elected Democrats actually support the policies I like despite them being stated campaign policies of the party and the President. (Ah, well nevertheless)

    In this thread of all places, I feel that when someone says "Joe Biden sucks on this issue" while quoting from Joe Biden's own campaign website, the burden of proof lies on the person who steps in and says "No, I think that person was just saying that Joe Biden sucks on that issue ironically."

    DarkPrimus on
    usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    FANTOMASMan in the MistsKelorHachfaceLanzHacksawBloodsheedTefKetarWinkyDee KaeReynoldsKraintDamnItCohaagenYamiB.
  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Motion to declare this thread title a disappointment to people thinking this thread would be a source of punch recipes

    I thought it was going to be about LMFAO and now I'm mad I clicked it because I avoided the last welching about democrats thread for my own mental health but now the thread is going to taunt me with unread posts forevermore.

    ElvenshaeLostNinjaTOGSolid
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    R-dem wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see what their reasoning / excuse for not having fulfilled the pot promise yet is. It's one of those very very few things a bipartisan majority of Americans (slim on the Republican side, but you know crazy).

    https://news.gallup.com/poll/356939/support-legal-marijuana-holds-record-high.aspx

    Its substantially less popular among 65+

    Still at 55% in favor. My guess is Biden is afraid of the fallout on being "weak on crime" or "releasing dangerous criminals" more than "weed is bad."

    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Motion to declare this thread title a disappointment to people thinking this thread would be a source of punch recipes

    on the other hand, no one is shuffling

    5gsowHm.png
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    R-dem wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see what their reasoning / excuse for not having fulfilled the pot promise yet is. It's one of those very very few things a bipartisan majority of Americans (slim on the Republican side, but you know crazy).

    https://news.gallup.com/poll/356939/support-legal-marijuana-holds-record-high.aspx

    Its substantially less popular among 65+

    Still at 55% in favor. My guess is Biden is afraid of the fallout on being "weak on crime" or "releasing dangerous criminals" more than "weed is bad."

    I dont think he is afraid, my guess is that he agrees with keeping "criminals" in jail.

    Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
    MagellMan in the MistsKristmas KthulhuBigJoeMdispatch.oCidTheSquid
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    R-dem wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see what their reasoning / excuse for not having fulfilled the pot promise yet is. It's one of those very very few things a bipartisan majority of Americans (slim on the Republican side, but you know crazy).

    https://news.gallup.com/poll/356939/support-legal-marijuana-holds-record-high.aspx

    Its substantially less popular among 65+

    Still at 55% in favor. My guess is Biden is afraid of the fallout on being "weak on crime" or "releasing dangerous criminals" more than "weed is bad."

    Bad actors already started revving the engine on this with disingenuous articles all over the place about how major city's crime went up a billion percent in the last couple years.

    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Help me Marie Kondo my life and buy my old stuff
    Thawmusmrpakuzepherindestroyah87LabelStabbity StyleMan in the MistsSkeith
Sign In or Register to comment.