As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sexy blue alien [chat]

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    “I stan a movie because it was popular when it was released 30 years ago,” is a pretty empty take

We’re all allowed to recontextualize and update our values and preferences. And we should, constantly! Otherwise we turn into our grandparents and start arguing about why Gone With the Wind and Al Jolson were good, actually.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Tumin wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    girlfriend and I surfed and it was awesome

outside is awesome

life is great

You still going up to Del Mar or did you pick a f u n south spot?

we went to la jolla shores just to chill

I miss beach

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    my neck hurt all day yesterday because I slept on it wrong (?) and it still hurts today

this doesn't feel like your best effort, body

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    “I stan a movie because it was popular when it was released 30 years ago,” is a pretty empty take

We’re all allowed to recontextualize and update our values and preferences. And we should, constantly! Otherwise we turn into our grandparents and start arguing about why Gone With the Wind and Al Jolson were good, actually.

Timeless classics exist. I hate the thought of people writing off a movie like, say, Jaws because a naked woman is killed in the first minute. Or Jurassic Park because a Black guy is killed in the first minute. Or Raiders of the Lost Ark because a Peruvian guy is killed in the first minute.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Judge Steve Harvey.

What a world.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    i will stan the fifth element

i don't care

• Options
    Dude is suing his mom because she threw out some of his toys.

I’m dying squirtle.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    emnmnme wrote: »

Timeless classics exist. I hate the thought of people writing off a movie like, say, Jaws because a naked woman is killed in the first minute. Or Jurassic Park because a Black guy is killed in the first minute. Or Raiders of the Lost Ark because a Peruvian guy is killed in the first minute.

You say that like we haven’t changed our minds about anything before. Did you even read the last sentence of my previous post?

There was a time not all that long ago when Back to the Future and Ghostbusters were thought of as unimpeachable.

Atomika on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Judge Steve Harvey.

What a world.

Thanks, I hate it.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    The date was ok. She’s very touchy (in terms of physical affection, nothing sexual) which I like a lot but also extremely extremely centrist in a way that seems incompatible to me

I did hit her with a very charming line, but now it feels wasted 😭

You can radicalize her into Georgism still.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Liking bad things doesnt make you bad

Being a carbon based life form on the other hand

• Options
    Judge Steve Harvey.

What a world.

Thanks, I hate it.
    I would say the world or Judge Steve Harvey.
    But I’m 90% sure you would answer yes.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The date was ok. She’s very touchy (in terms of physical affection, nothing sexual) which I like a lot but also extremely extremely centrist in a way that seems incompatible to me

not like she's gonna talk to your next date. reuse!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

*starts eating ice cream*

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Chu whats the line

she paid for our farmers market snacks (so i was like, ok find something to pay for chubert). then she was talking about how she’s an only child and she knows she was spoiled. so as she says that, we’re at one of the stalls where it’s like- 20 bucks to fill this bag with whatever from our stall. and i go- if you want to keep being spoiled.. have you ever had a man buy you an armful of cute, seasonal produce? :]

I thought it was an adorbs line, anyway

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Ghostbusters is amazing but yeah gets a bit rapey

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

not like she's gonna talk to your next date. reuse!
    west elm organichu

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i find people tend to be a quite centrist on the first date to try to not come off as abrasive or annoying and then show more of their colours later

not me, i've been clear that i'd vote for a giant guillotine if i could but you know its not weird to play it safe

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »

68hyutslblsh.png

• Options
    Never have I ever had a tanned farmhand hold a juicy peach to my mouth and hawkishly watch me take a bite out if it

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Chu whats the line

she paid for our farmers market snacks (so i was like, ok find something to pay for chubert). then she was talking about how she’s an only child and she knows she was spoiled. so as she says that, we’re at one of the stalls where it’s like- 20 bucks to fill this bag with whatever from our stall. and i go- if you want to keep being spoiled.. have you ever had a man buy you an armful of cute, seasonal produce? :]

I thought it was an adorbs line, anyway

Did it produce the desired result?

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    the centrism wasn’t about any policies- she didn’t say anything particular about ideology. it was just all very ‘why can’t we just get along’, ‘it seems like the media wants us all at each other’s throats’, etc

I like positivity and all but if someone talks like that ime they usually are ignorant of (or uncaring towards) the ways in which many communities in America are essentially besieged by half the country

• Options
    The media, you say?

rip

• Options
    i mean someone can be uncaring to the plight of minorities but you can still smash tho

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

68hyutslblsh.png

02Vk4Hz.jpg

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    i ain’t tryna just smash tho

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    oh you're spoiled don't worry girl i'll take you out back to the dumpster behind the farmer's market

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Judge Steve Harvey.

What a world.

Thanks, I hate it.
    I would say the world or Judge Steve Harvey.
    But I’m 90% sure you would answer yes.

7rpk9xxemt52.jpg

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

You say that like we haven’t changed our minds about anything before. Did you even read the last sentence of my previous post?

There was a time not all that long ago when Back to the Future and Ghostbusters were thought of as unimpeachable.

I don't think that's changed though.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    the centrism wasn’t about any policies- she didn’t say anything particular about ideology. it was just all very ‘why can’t we just get along’, ‘it seems like the media wants us all at each other’s throats’, etc

I like positivity and all but if someone talks like that ime they usually are ignorant of (or uncaring towards) the ways in which many communities in America are essentially besieged by half the country

Ah

The old “I'm attempting to cover for my political ignorance and lack of engagement by affecting a false brand of aloof apolitical humanitarian concern” chestnut

a very Gen X approach

Atomika on
  • Options

DfRhr63.jpg

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i find people tend to be a quite centrist on the first date to try to not come off as abrasive or annoying and then show more of their colours later

not me, i've been clear that i'd vote for a giant guillotine if i could but you know its not weird to play it safe

First date with Catphobe we very quickly got on to trans rights, the way women are disrespected in the workplace, the Tories being shits, and the Partition of India

It led to a second date, so I think I'll continue that approach if needed in the future, just to save time

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options

i know these words but i've never seen them in this order before

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

I don't think that's changed though.

Then you should think again

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

It is always frustrating when people talk about how such-and-so vague force "wants to divide us" and it's like okay even if this is all nefarious outside forces... you get that once folks want to kill other folks you can't just be like "no no, this ravenous hatred you feel for me is all artificial! Just roll tape back to your childhood and re-do everything but without developing the set of beliefs that are currently tell you I and everyone I love should be wiped from the face of the Earth."

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

That sounds more apolitical then centrist to me. Which describes most people really.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Plants have been acquired. Almost got some Carolina Reapers but then I decided I like my anus where it is.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

A year ago, HBO took Gone with the Wind off of HBO Max. There was a public outcry of wokeness censoring art and HBO put the movie back up with a new disclaimer at the beginning explaining this is an old ass movie, times were different. Everyone was satisfied. If the warnings are advisories and not nullification, I suppose that's okay. "I have to warn you before we watch that there's a sexual assault scene in BttF."

This discussion has been closed.