As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We are canceling the apocalypse! (Final Fantasy XIV)

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Clearly the pictomancer job quests will involve fighting against a host of robots copying and grinding up art into knockoffs that are putting artists out of jobs.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Tis a rough class to learn.

(pictomancer struggling to draw hands)

Stabbity_Style.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I'll play Pictomancer, but only ever hang out at the cafe in Sharlayan and talk to random people about how I'm an artist.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    quests no longer reward gil, instead they pay in exposure

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    quests no longer reward gil, instead they pay in exposure

2xyof75awf2y.png

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    qg132u8fcblp.jpeg

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I wonder if Solution 9's city would be called Zanarkand or Midgard.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
    edited January 8
    I have obsessively gone through a lot of stuff on S9.

The city appears to not but underground as I suspected, but does seem to be domed in some manner.
    The city is located in Canada. That is to say, the northern side of the north continent. Xak Tural.
    They use the proto-alphabet. That's the one used by the Ancients, Moon Bunnies, the Twelve and presumably (by it's very nature) was the script used by the earliest of civilizations on Etheirys.
    Judging by the billboards with catgirls, female hyur and highlander/Roe(?) the people likely aren't, at least physically, Ancients and are made up of the races of Etheirys (at least some of the races).

Axen on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I imagine the femhroth will be the same height as femroe, as it would make sense for their base model/skeleton to be based on them the same way male Hrothgare based on manroe. But I'm definitely going to switch. I love my lady Viera to death but I've been looking to play a lady lion for awhile.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I imagine the femhroth will be the same height as femroe, as it would make sense for their base model/skeleton to be based on them the same way male Hrothgare based on manroe. But I'm definitely going to switch. I love my lady Viera to death but I've been looking to play a lady lion for awhile.

God I hope so.

Stabbity_Style.png
    Hrothgals mostly just make me sad again that we never got the Bowsette Femras that we saw in the concept art.

No doubt making them the way they are was the correct decision for the time but I still can't help think of the soup that got away.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Yeah if they pull an au ra, I'm gonna be pissed. I want my lion ladies to be big

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I mean, we've seen them. even if we dont have a lot of frame of reference for their size but they looked about the proportions of a femroe

M A G I K A Z A M
    heenato wrote: »
    I mean, we've seen them. even if we dont have a lot of frame of reference for their size but they looked about the proportions of a femroe

Yeah, I really need the height comparison stat.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I mean, as someone who plays a max-height Femroe, I'm definitely going to be happy to have someone around my height so I'm not constantly surrounded by THE SMALLS.

Seriously, it feels weird sometimes. Feels like I have to walk on eggshells so I don't accidentally punt a lala.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Height makes right!

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I mean, as someone who plays a max-height Femroe, I'm definitely going to be happy to have someone around my height so I'm not constantly surrounded by THE SMALLS.

Seriously, it feels weird sometimes. Feels like I have to walk on eggshells so I don't accidentally punt a lala.

"Accidentally" yes yes

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    edited January 9
    Grinding Light for the ARR relic, and I just realized that running the second coil of Bahamut gives as much light as a run of Aurum Vale, in half the time as a healer....

Oh, this is so much better...

Edit: Upon further reasearch, I have discovered that there's a rotating cycle of bonus light, which I just got lucky to get. Doesn't matter, anything is better than AV

Muzzmuzz on
    edited January 9

Max-height femroe is life. If miqo'te aren't waist-height, what are we even doing?

hzsfuDfh.jpg

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

Or Esthar
    Or given the game the name is referencing, maybe Bran Bal?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

Or Esthar
    Or given the game the name is referencing, maybe Bran Bal?

I think the latter is the most likely intention, though it doesn't match visually.

Though, there might be a reason they chose Eden for the Ultimate? But I think that they've mostly finished their VIII stuff.

Given there's a seemingly almost guaranteed IX remake to be announced (that and Tactics, iirc, are the only two games remaining left to be revealed from that nvidia leak ages ago), and the name of the place being specifically referencing a IX ability, and YoshiP made a point to tell players to "think about why" it has that name.

My, likely completely wrong, guess:
    An Ascian named Garland came up with a plan to try to avert the Last Days, apart from Zodiark/Hydaelyn, and went "underground". They've kept radio silence from everyone and everything and have had over ten thousand years to advance. Maybe some super ultra magic spell kept them from splintering with the rest of the Ascian's and the source, but maybe not, maybe they still did, hence the races, but stayed 'in house'.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

the tactics remake is deaaaaaad, if that leak was even real, it's been too long with no sign of it
    they probably had it in their forecasts and then it fell through

BahamutZERO.gif
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Tactics Ogre Reborn came out, though. Its still on my wishlist, but I thought people liked that one.

708ckb15b7pa.png

I know not everyone likes Reddit so I won't link the post. Thought y'all would enjoy this
    u6pxltste3e0.png
    rig1a88yjwm0.png

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

"Accidentally" yes yes

it counts

Leave the lalas in peace, what did they ever do to you
    Tataru will cry

BahamutZERO.gif
    I don't trust anything I can't high-five.

• delphdelph DelawareRegistered User regular
    Is there any information available regarding the type of armor the new limited class, Beastmaster, will use? Maiming, striking, scouting, aiming, etc.? I'd like to start planning glams and gathering armor sets for leveling up.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    No, since it isn't coming out in the launch of the expansion that information will come later

liEt3nH.png
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    They said they haven't yet even decided if it'll have some sort of animal collecting aspect to it, so I personally wouldn't expect Beastmaster to hit until 7.4 at earliest.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 14
    The most amusing option that I can think of would be to have it fight using a selection of your unlocked minions. Or maybe just a third of them, there has to be some room left for Puppetmasters.

jothki on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    The most amusing option that I can think of would be to have it fight using a selection of your unlocked minions. Or maybe just a third of them, there has to be some room left for Puppetmasters.

Beast Masters will join regular groups, but if they find a monster they need, they'll jump off-screen, leave the party and remain offline for a few hours. They'll come back with a new attack unlocked.

Also they will be unable to type more than three words at a time in chat.

Stay tuned for my plans for that other FFVI favorite Umaro.

Obviously the Beast Mater story will involve you receiving your first Beast from some sort of Beast Pedagogue. Another NPC will receive a Beast from the same Pedagogue and will act as your foil. You'll then be instructed to go to each of the eight Hippodromes around Eorzea and battle the Hippodrome Master and collect their Seal. Once all eight Seals are collected you can then challenge the Beast Master Premier.

Say what you will, but the pet battles game is actually strong and fun in wow. Similar comments were made when it first rolled out.

edited January 15
    I think 14 already has its minion pokemon equivalent, Lords of Verminion, the minion (RTS?) minigame in the gold saucer

which I think is vaguely based on a collectible card arcade game square enix made in japan called lords of vermillion? not sure

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Lord of Verminion is actually one of the better weekly MGP challenges too.

Unfortunately, it's not exactly popular, because I do think it's a decent minigame.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Lord of Vermillion is a Fantas tic easy way to get a large amount mgp easily once a week with only two easy to get minions.

Speaking of easy mgp, feel my pain:
    dko227n92ir3.png

Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Lord of Vermillion is a Fantas tic easy way to get a large amount mgp easily once a week with only two easy to get minions.

Speaking of easy mgp, feel my pain:
    dko227n92ir3.png

https://super-aardvark.github.io/yuryu/

I use that literally every time. Super easy.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Say what you will, but the pet battles game is actually strong and fun in wow. Similar comments were made when it first rolled out.

the only time i ever heard a bad word about pet battling was when they incorporated it heavily into the open world environments of both Nazjatar and Mechagon in BFA patch 8.2 and then made Nazjatar relatively mandatory for raid performance, so a lot of people who were happily ignoring pet battles up to that point had to suddenly engage with it

That said, it was probably a net positive cos I knew quite a few people who continued to pet battle past that point