As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We are canceling the apocalypse! (Final Fantasy XIV)

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    My fiancee was doing the HW Hildebrand quests with the old people yesterday and laughing out loud at it. I forgot how good the gags are in that questline.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I attended my first party at a place called the Usagi Warehouse, and it was a surprisingly cozy experience, complete with a bartender, drink menu, live DJ(s!), and an extremely polite hostess.

n2bp9qrdcxwf.png

wVEsyIc.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    last week I finished my quest to finish every yellow quest in the game. I guess it's time to go back to working on ultimate thrillseeker x.x

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I attended my first party at a place called the Usagi Warehouse, and it was a surprisingly cozy experience, complete with a bartender, drink menu, live DJ(s!), and an extremely polite hostess.

n2bp9qrdcxwf.png

\o/ glad you had a good time! the venue scene is what I got deep into over 2023 ... I own one now x.x it has its hooks in deep.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I got out of the venue scene in 2022 due to a toxic FC I was in, but I do keep toying with the idea of getting into the Eorzea Museum Network

https://eorzeanmuseumnetwork.crd.co/

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I got out of the venue scene in 2022 due to a toxic FC I was in, but I do keep toying with the idea of getting into the Eorzea Museum Network

As someone who loves museums, that feels like it was designed with me in mind.

wVEsyIc.png

Genuinely if you want an in-game buddy to museum hop with, let me know!

My biggest sadness is that almost all the venues are on NA, which means that I can't go museum hopping with my beau, who only has characters on EU.

My biggest sadness is that almost all the venues are on NA, which means that I can't go museum hopping with my beau, who only has characters on EU.

Can you switch to EU servers? But yeah, failing that, I'm down for evenings, EST-ish.

wVEsyIc.png
    edited January 31

Can you switch to EU servers? But yeah, failing that, I'm down for evenings, EST-ish.

Only if you wanna pay money and do so permanently, which I don't. *edit* I have a character on NA as well myself, my friend just doesn't.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Just start new characters and do just enough leveling to get the housing areas unlocked.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Free Login Campaign starts today and runs until the 21st: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/freelogincampaign/
    If you haven't subscribed in 30 days or more, you can log in for 4 free days of game time

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    So what's the farmable/fastest instance for this Moogle trove? Nothing jumped out at me so I'm tempted to just do pvp. I don't want a lot from this one anyway

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    edited February 2
    Mugsley wrote: »
    So what's the farmable/fastest instance for this Moogle trove? Nothing jumped out at me so I'm tempted to just do pvp. I don't want a lot from this one anyway

Gates and queueing for something that you can finish between them (there's a gate every 20 minutes). I usually do one of the Eden raids.

Don't forget there are bonus tomes from the two different weekly thing, and 50 from getting a little lucky in an ocean fishing expedition.

LD50 on
  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Fun fact: if you hate Leap of Faith just entering and immediately bailing gets you a single tomestone.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I still haven't done the newest leap of faith. I wasn't even going to try that with the latency I had prior to moving to Materia.

Unfortunately? I have everything to get from this mog tome event so I don't have a lot of incentive to seek out the times.

Regarding Beastmaster, I thought XI did it perfectly well, but I suspect players would be bummed out if it worked out the same. They probably want something more persistent than grabbing random mobs for temporary use. Personally I don't want pokemon lite, I already struggle to get into BLU with the sort of gatekeeping and required skills to do much, and how tedious it can be to get help to get abilities; and that was on US servers, I have no notion of how few people do BLU on the Oceanian servers.

I just don't want BST to devolve into that same sort of "oh you don't have these specific mobs, get lost" stuff. I think the temporary aspect of the XI version resolves that. But that wouldn't be something that would create the need to have them isolated from normal parties, so I'm guessing it'll be a collection thing. I also appreciated the permanence of WoWs pets, where they were just broad classes of pets that ultimately wee the same as others in that class (I know it wasn't initially that way, but got balanced to that later, and I don't currently have any idea how it is as I haven't played WoW since warlords), maybe they could have broad pet roles that are standardized, but you could unlock "skins" to get the quasi pokemon fix of gotta catch em all. So for people who just want one style, they could not worry about it, but for the collectors they could get all of them.

Ooh and bonus points if when solo you could have all roles in your party at the same time, with your chocobo too..

Though at that point it'd be basically no different than the trust system already in the game so maybe that wouldn't be exciting for folks.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

I like fishing for tomestones.

I know this is at least 4 of you
    sd5jdt3wzoye.jpeg

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Healers adjust.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Healers adjust.

*pushes Rescue*

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    sd5jdt3wzoye.jpeg

Sometimes the trolley is 3 miles wide, to be fair.

wVEsyIc.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Healers adjust.

*pushes Rescue*

2 days ago I had to recue a black mage that wouldn't stand inside the crystals in darkhold

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    sd5jdt3wzoye.jpeg

Sometimes the trolley is 3 miles wide, to be fair.

My favorite trolley moment is ripping the Astro LB3 during the last fight in the Nier raid a couple of seconds before the trains showed up. Took out like half of the raid group. It was <10% so zero remorse.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    my favorite trolley moment is when the MNK suplexes the damn thing

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I always find myself lost on what to do for the last half-dozen or so furnishings to put in the house.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    no reason you have to use every slot
    less can be more

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I always find myself lost on what to do for the last half-dozen or so furnishings to put in the house.

table surface doodads always add a homely lived in sense. the takeout paper bag, coffee mugs, tomestone chargers, etc

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I was amazed to learn there are no like full length mirrors as housing items. even if they dont WORK I'm just super surprised there ISN'T one.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    the XV collaboration is rolling back through starting the 28th if anyone still needs the car.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    Be forewarned the car will probably still be 200k mgp though, you have this weekend and two more of fashion reports to try for the 60k prize before the event goes away again

BahamutZERO.gif
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    If the tomestone thing is still running you can get mgp cards that way too.

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    Can you also get MGP as an option when turning in the wonderous tail book in Idyllshire?

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    If you need a few hundred k mgp just throw basketballs for like 10 min

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    If you need a few hundred k mgp just throw basketballs for like 10 min

ho8a1tt47pqv.png

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Only at the premium net obviously so it's time dependent

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    edited February 28
    the... the what?

like, I'm 70% sure you're doing a bit but that remaining 30% chance that there's actually some secret version of the basketball minigame is such a tantalizing lie I want it to be true, like mew under the truck by the S.S. Anne

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Come to the saucer at midnight. 1st floor beneath the cactpot board. Come alone.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    The content drought has made other aspects of the game more active
    d6v36c85bl22.png

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I'm glad your carrot juice is selling.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    New news:

6/28 for early access, 7/2 for official release.

They moved it up by one week from their intended release date so they wouldn't trample right on top of Elden Ring DLC.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I mean the last part definitely isn't true lol, but its still a lot earlier than I figured it would be