Options

Final Fantasy XIV: Wastin' Away in Moogleritaville

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    from what I've read of the game I would be very surprised if they had any systems or plans to have systems to emulate crafting or gathering gameplay from the video game

If you want to craft a new axe for your warrior you log into xiv, craft it on BSM, and trade it to your GM.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    By coincidence those are the four classes that fill in if you use Duty Support in ARR.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Oh yeah if you don't have four players you can have chocobo companions fill in. There is one for each role too! You might come up short in battles if you have to sub in more than one though.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    As a PS5 player still just post Shadowbringers in the MSQ, the thing I'm most excited about is the graphical update. I'm really hoping to hear more about that in these media tour impressions, but maybe that's silly. I haven't seen much new info, and I don't know what I even expect to hear. I just want to see it live.

Are the graphical enhancements coming day-and-date with Dawntrail, or a little earlier? I'm not expecting anything insane - I've seen the comparison footage - but I'm eager to experience it myself.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    As a PS5 player still just post Shadowbringers in the MSQ, the thing I'm most excited about is the graphical update. I'm really hoping to hear more about that in these media tour impressions, but maybe that's silly. I haven't seen much new info, and I don't know what I even expect to hear. I just want to see it live.

Are the graphical enhancements coming day-and-date with Dawntrail, or a little earlier? I'm not expecting anything insane - I've seen the comparison footage - but I'm eager to experience it myself.

Comes with Dawntrail and 6.0. So the 28th.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Managed to run the benchmark through the XIV on Mac launcher and, ugh, the game is not happy with my old M1 machine.

Oh well, playing at 22 fps it is.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited June 13
    Enjoy, SMN mains

https://x.com/BLUandREDwires/status/1801309933453066346?t=Owqhwnd5BgQZpRz_eIzzUw&s=19

I'll try to download the pics for you guys and drop in spoilers

Mugsley on
  • Options
    Pics
    c1hbnfbr2twm.jpg

tdq2sf2cha24.jpg

pfc9wb1e0l78.jpg

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 14
    Got back home from my work trip this afternoon and my computer is kaput. Had to dust off the PS4 to log in and reset the counter on my house. Also, it looks like the last time I backed up my settings to the cloud was 2020.

Gear sets was a matter of minutes to fix but the hot bars are going to be a pain.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh yeah, the final trailer with all the MSQ cutscene spoilers out of context for this expansion is out now, so requesting if you wanna discuss anything in it please use spoilers.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 14
    They're doing a full live letter right now. Lots of neat stuff. Shown some more gear sets, some more combat stuff, new features.

Adding a feature to use an emote for a quest from the duty list (like if you need to cheer someone in a quest).
    Adding a feature to hide player characters in a small radius around a quest giver/interactable.
    Double dye channels should be in on all gear around 7.4ish (subject to change depending on whatever).
    Adding hookset required to catch a fish to the fishing log.
    Glasses in the new glasses slot will have 12 color variations to choose from for each glasses model.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Man, did the prep for the Warden of the Seven Hues over the course of an hour, got the intuition, only 1 bite that got away in the window :< Most of the fishing is fun but damn there are some fish that really make you feel like you're just wasting your time. On the plus side, I did manage to get the Aster Trivi earlier tonight, not that it's like, that hard to catch, just has a short and infrequent window so it's been on my "fish with rare windows to keep an eye out for" list.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    New Dawntrail boss fight theme just dropped

jqkj4tuuhex1.png

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Man, did the prep for the Warden of the Seven Hues over the course of an hour, got the intuition, only 1 bite that got away in the window :< Most of the fishing is fun but damn there are some fish that really make you feel like you're just wasting your time. On the plus side, I did manage to get the Aster Trivi earlier tonight, not that it's like, that hard to catch, just has a short and infrequent window so it's been on my "fish with rare windows to keep an eye out for" list.

Yeah, Wot7H was easily the worst Stormblood fish for me. Far worse than Ruby Dragon, even.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    I lost count of how many times the intuition fish for Warden just refused to bite and wasted the window.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    This is a good reminder if why I always have FSH at the level cap but have like a dozen fish total checked off the list.

I like the level being orange in my list, but ffffuuuuuck actually fishing. For those who dig it, rad!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    This is a good reminder if why I always have FSH at the level cap but have like a dozen fish total checked off the list.

I like the level being orange in my list, but ffffuuuuuck actually fishing. For those who dig it, rad!

Honestly, most of the fish are fine. There are like, 6 per expansion that are just absolutely miserable (the so called legendary fish for the most part).

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    fishing is for doing ocean fishing with friends

everything else is like, whatever

• Options

Honestly, most of the fish are fine. There are like, 6 per expansion that are just absolutely miserable (the so called legendary fish for the most part).

Yeah, you'll get 90% of the big fish on your first window. It's the last 10% that are a godawful headache.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Does anybody actually do fishing completion without a tool that tells you when the conditions will be active? Did the game designers think that players would just randomly stumble upon the right criteria?

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Does anybody actually do fishing completion without a tool that tells you when the conditions will be active? Did the game designers think that players would just randomly stumble upon the right criteria?

but... people did

that's just how "secrets" in MMOs work

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The information that’s entered into those tools has to come from somewhere but day 1 information is shared between players to figure out what works/doesnt work

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Zek wrote: »

by 2013 information sharing databases were alive and well so there's never really an expectation from MMO designers of players figuring things out individually but they definitely expect players to figure these things out collectively

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Hey remember when they didn't want you looking things up online so FFXI would only run in fullscreen mode and stopped working if you alt-tabbed?

Good times.

• Options
    Yeah, every new xpac there's a ton of player data collection stuff that goes on as part of the community. Spawn conditions for S rank hunts, conditions for rare fish, locations of collectables, etc. Not really my scene, but it's neat. I remember when they added Chocobo coloring as a mechanic, there was a bunch of testing with different fruits and there was like, forms or whatever you could fill out and send to some people who were collating data to figure out the exact effect each fruit had and the conditions for each color.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    and they STILL don't have a perfectly accurate calculator for how to get the color you want

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    birds are weird

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    and they STILL don't have a perfectly accurate calculator for how to get the color you want

I got mine to Snow White and called it good, never touching that shit again, lol.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Yeah, every new xpac there's a ton of player data collection stuff that goes on as part of the community. Spawn conditions for S rank hunts, conditions for rare fish, locations of collectables, etc. Not really my scene, but it's neat. I remember when they added Chocobo coloring as a mechanic, there was a bunch of testing with different fruits and there was like, forms or whatever you could fill out and send to some people who were collating data to figure out the exact effect each fruit had and the conditions for each color.

As I can personally attest, sometimes it's just blind luck. But yeah, it's usually data mining and experimentation by thousands of people.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 19
    I've been trying to use the Yo-kai Watch event as an excuse to clean up the remaining FATE achievements that I'm missing. It's been going decently well, but I'm finding that the Darkscale quest chain is annoyingly unsoloable. Not the "you need to spend 15 minutes begging for more people to show up while you solo tank the boss" kind of unsoloable, but the "if you don't have multiple people there within 5 minutes the NPC you need to protect will die and you'll need to do the prerequisites all over again" kind of unsoloable.

edit: Found a group, thankfully. Now I think the only Heavensward FATE achievement I have left is for Coeurlregina.

jothki on
  • Options
    Does anyone know of a good guide for expert crafts? I want some sort of flow chart if it exists (i.e. Pliant = Prident Synthesis or Groundwork - this example is completely made up btw)

One site I found basically said, "just use this macro and stop caring about high quality because mats are dirt cheap"

I found a vid but the notes don't include any directions.

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a good guide for expert crafts? I want some sort of flow chart if it exists (i.e. Pliant = Prident Synthesis or Groundwork - this example is completely made up btw)

One site I found basically said, "just use this macro and stop caring about high quality because mats are dirt cheap"

I don't know, it's a baffling system to me, lol. I know I was able to actually do some of it like, ages ago when I was doing Skybuilders' Tools, but I've pretty much completely forgotten how by now. Also, crafting on a controller is absolutely miserable because you don't get hover tooltips for abilities there unless you turn on the jank virtual mouse function.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

Teamcraft is pretty much THE website for FFXIV crafting.

• Options
    the way I remember expert crafts being pitched was "hard mode" crafting that you can't guarantee completion for with macros, you have to actually engage with the crafting system fully, but I don't know if that's still true once it's no longer cutting edge content and you have higher stat gear.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    the way I remember expert crafts being pitched was "hard mode" crafting that you can't guarantee completion for with macros, you have to actually engage with the crafting system fully, but I don't know if that's still true once it's no longer cutting edge content and you have higher stat gear.

I believe if you're fully geared out you can expert craft some like lower level 80 stuff with macro (resplendent A/B but not C/Final?). Current content you absolutely can't macro. All the skysteel expert craft stuff should be macroable now, I think.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited June 19
    Long maintenance for the expansion deployment to start 2:00 AM pacific time on June 26th, servers to be back up for preorder access 2:00 AM pacific time on the 28th
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/02b7d8586aecce40f182698194baee5e75cd326a

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Long maintenance for the expansion deployment to start 2:00 AM pacific time on June 26th, servers to be back up for preorder access 2:00 AM pacific time on the 28th
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/02b7d8586aecce40f182698194baee5e75cd326a

Good to know. Better hammer out all the stuff I have left this weekend.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Well, the Yo-kai event is complete, and I've gotten everything I needed from the tomestone event. I think I might just take the rest of time before the launch off.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited June 22
    As a healer I am uncertain how I feel about Warriors being essentially immortal.

On one hand not having to heal the tank is a bit nice. It allows me to focus on other stuff.

On the other hand watching a WAR solo a boss and never drop below half health kind of feels absurd. What the heck are the rest of us here for? Moral support?

I mean it doesn't upset me or anything, but I kind of feel like SE needs to tone that down a smidge.

edit- I legit thought the WAR was cheating somehow until a buddy of my explained things to me.
    edit 2- It wasn't even just bosses, it was the whole dungeon. No matter the pull size the WAR just refused to drop below half health. It was a surreal experience for me.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    As someone who gets stressed playing healer, I'm all for healers being mostly redundant >.> Lemme just DPS and then splash a heal every once in awhile as necessary.

Stabbity_Style.png