Options

Final Fantasy XIV: Wastin' Away in Moogleritaville

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    By the way, the housing auction fix is active as of last monday. If you got a bidder 0 result on your lottery, go check it again. New bidding on open plots will begin on the... 23rd I think? And any unclaimed won plots will go back into the pool at that point.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I like my small plot people can see my giant namazu from down the street

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I like the huge boat lawn decoration that I can clip outside of my lawn and block the entire street

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    If I had a large I would have 10 namazu in a line

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I like the huge boat lawn decoration that I can clip outside of my lawn and block the entire street

I'm surprised my boat is still there tbh.

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Our FC house in Ishgard looks out on the most desolate view - almost every plot in the ward is empty. It's so weird. Too many FC wards for a new server to fill I guess.

• Options
    In Zalera a huge amount of FC only Empyrean wards are empty and all the private ones are full

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Hopefully those FC wards fill up a bit in the next several lottery cycles now that all the large plots are taken.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    Our FC house in Ishgard looks out on the most desolate view - almost every plot in the ward is empty. It's so weird. Too many FC wards for a new server to fill I guess.

Same on Coeurl, which ISN'T a new or small server... :( Our ward is my FC's large, the other large across the way (which is inexplicably a gingerbread house?), and like... two smalls, and one medium. And the rest is EMPTY.

• Options
    I definitely think everyone was trying to get a chance at the larges on the first go around and now that they're all taken they'll trickle down to the mediums, but also I expect the FC zones won't fill up completely or take a while to do so since the demand is much higher for personal houses.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    After a couple rounds they should throw the FC wards open to private buyers. Seems the sensible thing.

• Options
    Wow! I just had a look at the Goblet wards on Ravana. The majority of FC wards are completely empty. Not a single house taken.

• Options
    Is ravana on the new oceanic DC? I'm not surprised, we didn't even fill the fc districts in ishgard on any of the established servers in the first round.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    Wow! I just had a look at the Goblet wards on Ravana. The majority of FC wards are completely empty. Not a single house taken.

There aren't even enough eligible FCs on Ravana to fill one housing region, even if every single one bought in the same city. Each region has 18x60 fc plots, and Ravana has something like 900 housing-eligible FCs.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, but I don't think it will stay that way.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Got my pvp season reward armor. Now I can gather herbs in style!

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    it's proven that people are less likely to click on linked videos than embedded videos with an appealing thumbnail, but streamable doesn't embed here.

click on it anyway

https://streamable.com/f68j71

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    it's proven that people are less likely to click on linked videos than embedded videos with an appealing thumbnail, but streamable doesn't embed here.

click on it anyway

https://streamable.com/f68j71

love is beautiful

• Options
    It took a while

but I have obtained it

I have

booque

Dfs2ht0.jpg

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Level 60 White Mage feels like an entirely different class than level 50 White Mage. Having to actually cast Cure feels like a personal failure.

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Level 60 White Mage feels like an entirely different class than level 50 White Mage. Having to actually cast Cure feels like a personal failure.

In the 70s you transcend the concept of cast bars and enter a new plane of pure energy where your rocks and wind become as light itself and your only care is to nurture the blood lily. It demands sacrifice.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    It took a while

but I have obtained it

I have

booque

https://i.imgur.com/Dfs2ht0.jpg

Wait a second....
    You're not a Namazu?!

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Wait a second....
    You're not a Namazu?!

It's not an option in the character creation screen

I would if I could

in the meantime, I work with them and I have many Namazu roommates

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

This happens a lot with ARR jobs that haven't been heavily redesigned. Luckily they seem to be going through the list, but have more to go. The method and rate that they introduce new tools, and how important those tools end up being, is not very conducive to organically learning a job while levelling. In many cases the way to go is to just keyboard mash to the level cap, then look up how to actually play the job at max.

• Options
    WAR is relatively constant, I guess. A lot of 1-2-3 1-2-4 combos.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Yeah, I'm kind of surprised at how boring, if not outright crappy, a whole lot of the original jobs feel at 50. I can't remember if what they have at 50 now was the original ability set in ARR or if there has been major redesigns, but getting 50 dungeons/raids is just meh gameplay-wise.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm kind of surprised at how boring, if not outright crappy, a whole lot of the original jobs feel at 50. I can't remember if what they have at 50 now was the original ability set in ARR or if there has been major redesigns, but getting 50 dungeons/raids is just meh gameplay-wise.

Back when 50 was max level the game just had a lot of abilities that have since been purged. Like they had whole mechanics for tanks that have since been removed. Like stance dancing or active aggro management to keep ahead of melee aggro build-up.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    *pours one out for Stoneskin and Cleric Stance*

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    I have just yesterday achieved level 90 Astrologian after having previously sworn I would never in a million years play a healing class. I'm actually really enjoying the card weaving (MCH main in the HOUSE) but there are. So many buttons. So MANY. I really need to sit down and re-arrange my hotbar now that all of them are unlocked.

• Options
    My Astro stalled at 86. After playing Sage, it just feels excessively busy for no reward.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    AST is extremely powerful in the new ult because the compartmentalized format of the phases lends itself extremely well to consecutive burst phases, but overall they're the weakest healer in everything else. Not by much mind, but because they're significantly busier than the other healers that also makes them not really worth playing when you can just play an easier healer and still do slightly better on average.

• Options
    People continue to love AST in Savage and EX because macrocosmos is so insanely good when used well

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    *pours one out for Stoneskin and Cleric Stance*

Oh yeah, that was a thing. I only got WHM to 50 during ARR. And just recently took it from 52 to 66 with MSQ roulette and not much else.

• Options
    Yes! Next patch will remove the auto logout. Staying logged in was something I really liked, so glad it's coming back.

• Options
    Dang I guess yoship was having a hard time getting to Crystal, hope the boost helps!

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    AST is extremely powerful in the new ult because the compartmentalized format of the phases lends itself extremely well to consecutive burst phases, but overall they're the weakest healer in everything else. Not by much mind, but because they're significantly busier than the other healers that also makes them not really worth playing when you can just play an easier healer and still do slightly better on average.

As someone who just recently cleared P3S for the first time, my impression is that AST is the best healer. There's one mechanic that I have learned to not have confidence in PF healers unless one of them is an Astro, in which case it's not a concern at all.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Made it to 5.3 story. I'm having to take it slow because I don't want to burn out. The story cutscenes are just so slow it kind of drives me crazy after a while.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

As someone who just recently cleared P3S for the first time, my impression is that AST is the best healer. There's one mechanic that I have learned to not have confidence in PF healers unless one of them is an Astro, in which case it's not a concern at all.

One mechanic being uniquely poorly designed isn't really a sign of Astro being the best.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Dang I guess yoship was having a hard time getting to Crystal, hope the boost helps!

Yoshi was already crystal before the patch.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    he was ranked number one in the world and gold parsed dsw also (but banned himself for third party tools, honorably)

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg