As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Strike Force Claymore — Big Trouble in Little Osoleth

1468910

Posts

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    1d20+2 18 [1d20=16]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Sug

    He has the drop on you, but your reflexes are second to none! What do you do?

    l7yuzhh1fdye.jpeg

  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    "We're fine, it's just a couple of elves. As long as nobody wanders off and runs into their extra creepy boss or anything."

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    1d20+3 17 [1d20=14]

    uyvfOQy.png
    AustinP0027Endless_Serpentsironsizide
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sug doesn't hesitate in the moment. He spins his arms, light exploding from him, stars forming. One shoots off directly at the Elf.

    In the same moment, he releases another orb at them, another ball of glittery energy.


    Archer form (last wild shape today)
    Free radiant arrow.
    Burning second Guiding Bolt (none left after this)
    If it hits, next attack roll has advantage.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Arrow Hit
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Arrow Dmg

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Guiding Bolt Hit
    Geth, roll 4d6 for Guiding Bolt Dmg

    Arrow Hit:
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]
    Arrow Dmg:
    1d8+3 5 [1d8=2]
    Guiding Bolt Hit:
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]
    Guiding Bolt Dmg:
    4d6 13 [4d6=5, 1, 2, 5]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Go ahead and use my inspiration to try that second one again.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Guiding Bolt Reshoot

    Guiding Bolt Reshoot:
    1d20+5 11 [1d20=6]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    Sug

    The arrow hits! Your opponent spins with the momentum, landing a few feet back and taking his own pot shot in retaliation!

    “All of you! Get out here! We’ve got another set of Claymore’s already! We need to buy her more time!”, he spits, eyes nearly popping from his thin purple face.

    The bolt barely glances off you! You were lucky!

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Bolt Hit
    Geth roll 1d8+3 for Bolt Damage

    Bolt Hit:
    1d20+2 18 [1d20=16]
    Bolt Damage:
    1d8+3 11 [1d8=8]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The 69ers

    Lyn! Cyr! You are currently between two illusionary walls. You have a thief captive against a staircase that heads upwards.

    Ryder! You have run through an illusionary wall and are prone on the ground. You’re in a dungeon looking place. An invisible thief got away with your bow.

    Sug! You fight alone in what appears to be a dwarven chamber turned laboratory.



    For those not in the fight, you’re going to have to get to Sug first.

    Sug! It’s your turn again!

  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    It seems to me that Cyr and Lyn don't know Sug is in a fight, it does not appear that he has communicated with them. Same for Ryder, they don't know what his situation is.

    Endless_SerpentsReynolds
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    Sug let's off another star arrow. "No more time for whatever dumb idea you are after."

    He summons a thorn whip and flings it. If he can pull the Dark Elf closer, maybe that crossbow can't shoot as well.


    Arrow BA
    Then thorn whip to pull him 10 feet closer.

    Edit: Dang it Geth

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Arrow Hit
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Arrow Dmg

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Thorn Hit
    Geth, roll 1d6 for Thorn Dmg

    Arrow Hit:
    1d20+5 10 [1d20=5]
    Arrow Dmg:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]
    Thorn Hit:
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]
    Thorn Dmg:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

    AustinP0027 on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    Sug

    He dodges and slides over a table, then hisses in his mother tongue.

    Make a Dexterity saving throw!

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Cyr and Lyn

    The thief starts to slowly get up.

    “Look… look I… will you put a word in if I help you guys? We just stole this diamond. My partner has gone to their dumb meetings, I was just in it for the money…”

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Dex Save

    Dex Save:
    1d20+2 11 [1d20=9]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    Sug

    Your body is illuminated in violet light! That’s advantage on attacks against you.

    In that moment, a door swings open! Two more dark elves join the fray! They’ve had their turn, and have an initiative of 1.

    “We’ve no time for you. This is bigger than all of us!”, one barks as they drawn a cheap looking katana.

    The other has a crossbow too.

    abh059kscwc0.jpeg

    Endless_Serpents on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    This should be interesting....

    Sug glows and not in the normal way where his stars shine, though he does that too. "Neat trick." he says, another star arrow shooting off him towards the first elf.

    "Now watch mine." Lifting his arms, he brings down his own light, covering the area and floor in moonlight. He retreats towards the wall furthest from the two who came in.

    BA at first elf.
    Casting Moonbeam. 40ft diameter should cover most of the room I think. Placing it in the middle so the 1st dude is in it. Don't think it'll hit other two but they'd probably go through or way around to avoid.

    Moving towards left wall.

    Save is 13 CON otherwise 2d10 dmg

    AustinP0027 on
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20-1 for #1
    Geth roll 1d20 for #2
    Geth roll 1d20-1 for #3

    #1:
    1d20-1 12 [1d20=13]
    #2:
    1d20 16 [1d20=16]
    #3:
    1d20-1 16 [1d20=17]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Whoops forgot the arrow.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Arrow Hit
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Arrow Dmg

    Arrow Hit:
    1d20+5 24 [1d20=19]
    Arrow Dmg:
    1d8+3 5 [1d8=2]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    The Dark Elves

    The first opponent suffers under the light, shielding their eyes rather than opening fire. They back peddle away under the pain.

    Of the new combatants, the one with the katana sprints through the moonbeam to get as close as they can to Sug.

    The last walks south and fires a bolt. Not used to bright light, they flatly miss.
    pafg12immu59.jpeg

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Bolt Hit
    Geth roll 1d8+3 for Bolt Damage

    Bolt Hit:
    1d20+2 4 [1d20=2]
    Bolt Damage:
    1d8+3 10 [1d8=7]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Attack would have advantage due to Fairie Fire so roll that one again

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Oh yeah. Sorry, it’s late here.

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Bolt Hit
    Geth roll 1d8+3 for Bolt Damage

    Bolt Hit:
    1d20+2 5 [1d20=3]
    Bolt Damage:
    1d8+3 11 [1d8=8]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    To be concluded tomorrow!

    AustinP0027
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    Ryder is both lucky and unlucky that this rock has hit him on the head. Unlucky in that he's in a tremendous amount of pain and someone stole his longbow. But he's also lucky that no one on the team saw it happen, and even luckier that no one heard the completely undignified way he yells "OOWWWWUHHH!" as the rock strikes him.

    Ryder bolts to his feet and dusts himself the best he can. He rubs his head, "That's gonna leave a lump for sure." He messages the team on his earpiece, though the depth of this place might be interfering with the signal. "Somebody was back here, in what looks like a dungeon? A tomb? A tomb dungeon? Whatever. They got away and it's way too dangerous in here, so I'm heading back to you." Ryder draws his crossbow and loads it as he ventures back.

    Ryder will rush back through the illusory wall, hopefully meet up with Cyr and Lyn. Gonna use Second Wind as well, cause that rock did a number on Ryder.

    Geth roll 1d10+3 for Second Wind

    Second Wind:
    1d10+3 6 [1d10=3]

    Zomro on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Also, #1 above failed the check so hitting them with dmg.

    Geth, roll 2d10

    2d10 11 [2d10=4, 7]

    Endless_Serpents
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    Lyn steps back and slightly lowers her spear, letting the elf stand up. "Cooperate and I'm sure they'll have you doing community service or something." Claymore could always use a 70th squad. Or replacements in case some members of the 69th went missing...

    "So, where's that go? And what's back there?" She gestures towards the hole, then the wall Ryder had just reappeared through. "Besides a tomb or something."

    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    "I think Sug might have gone down that hole." Cyr says. "Haven't heard anything from him since though. Maybe we should check out this dangerous dungeon tomb?"

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Sug

    You drop the bastard. Justified.

    “No!”, the one with the katana screams.

    They rush you down, swinging and kicking wildly.

    The other fires a bolt your way.

    You here a hiss and a dozen clicks out of view, where your opponents entered from…
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Katana Hit
    Geth roll 1d8+3 for Katana Damage

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Flurry Hit
    Geth roll 1d4+3 for Flurry Damage

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Flurry Hit
    Geth roll 1d4+3 for Flurry Damage

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Bolt Hit
    Geth roll 1d8+3 for Bolt Damage

    Katana Hit:
    1d20+2 4 [1d20=2]
    Katana Damage:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]
    Flurry Hit:
    1d20+2 13 [1d20=11]
    Flurry Damage:
    1d4+3 7 [1d4=4]
    Flurry Hit:
    1d20+2 3 [1d20=1]
    Flurry Damage:
    1d4+3 4 [1d4=1]
    Bolt Hit:
    1d20+2 18 [1d20=16]
    Bolt Damage:
    1d8+3 4 [1d8=1]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    The first elf he saw drops, and the one rushing towards him with the katana goes nuts. It charges him, but Sug can already see where his flailing attacks were off balance. A step backwards easily avoids the first, a lean back and to the right dodges the swing back up, and finally a quick spin and he uses his shell to deflect the final blow off to the side. He turns back and stares right at his attacker before leaning his head to the side, just as a bolt smashes into the wall where it had been.

    Drawing himself up to his full stance, the glow of the Fairie Fire mixing with the outline of Stars that still covered him, he yells at them both. "Look around. You're surrounded by my burning moonlight, your leader is dead, and you. can't. hit. me." He stares directly into the eyes of the attacker in front of him. "Give up."

    If they don't, Moonlight is still up so the katana one at a minimum is rolling a save.

    Geth, roll 1d20 for Intimidation
    Geth, roll 2d10 for Moonlight Dmg

    Intimidation:
    1d20 9 [1d20=9]
    Moonlight Dmg:
    2d10 17 [2d10=10, 7]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    Maggie

    Book, Maggie Book. The last member of the 69ers.

    They should be in hospital. They suffered injuries during the ill fated mission that killed the captain.

    They ain’t—they’ve just left and caught a cab to the scene.

    @ironsizide you’re in.

    Maggie! You arrive in time to see a couple of dark elves trying to cut themselves free; they’ve been tied to a street light. Down the street there is a massive hole. You see some big lizards taken out by your team.

    What do you do?



    Sug

    The guy with the crossbow falls back to the adjacent room, calling for his comrade to follow. He doesn’t.

    And then, he doesn’t do anything ever again.

    Facts:
    - You’re hearing a lot of talk of time. Someone is doing something and it’s near completion.
    - There’s now at least a crossbowman and a woman in the adjacent room.
    - There is a humanoid thing hung up at the far end of this room.

    Geth roll 1d20 for #2

    #2:
    1d20 11 [1d20=11]

    Endless_Serpents on
    ZomroAustinP0027Reynolds
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    The guy with the crossbow leaves, and the katana wielder in his face just drops. But Sug isn't interested in either right now. His moonbeam dissipates to show a clear room, but it's now the thing hanging on the far end of the room that grabs his attention. He crosses over to it, now curious what they might have been doing in this room. Meanwhile, his hand finally touches his earpiece. "There's a bunch of rooms down that hole, with more of those elves running about. You guys should get down here quickly."

    Want to investigate the humanoid thing

    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for Investigation

    Investigation:
    1d20+1 5 [1d20=4]

  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Did Sug take falling damage from the height of the hole or because he fell in without being ready for it? I guess if it's sloped enough, Ryder can slide down with an Acrobatics check.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Sug

    It is tall and muscular, yet notable elven. Dark skinned, red haired, not exactly recognisable as any of your classic elfnicities. The face is very plain, with a plastic sheen. Checking the joints, you see the barest hint lines, as if it was a toy.

    You can’t figure much else out.

    You hear a hauty voice from the adjacent room, “Dead? See how their weakness holds us back? Get them down… I think this will be suitably poetic…”

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for All Five



    Ryder

    Give Acrobatics a try. 10 DC. Fail and you’ll take damage.

    All Five:
    1d20+3 6 [1d20=3]

  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    "If Sug is down there, there's only one way to find out." Ryder begins sliding down the hole. At first it goes pretty well, but the surface gets rougher just as the slope increases and Ryder faces plants at the bottom.

    "Gods damn it. Not a great day for me."

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Acrobatics

    Geth you absolute muppet.

    Acrobatics:
    1d20+5 7 [1d20=2]

    Zomro on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sug couldn't tell much from his inspection, but he dug deeper, looking to understand what magics might power this thing and if he could either interrupt them or use them for his own purposes.

    I really can't just walk into another room outnumbered however many to 1. Sug knows there was some luck in not getting hit before.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Arcana

    Arcana:
    1d20+3 16 [1d20=13]

  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    "Down it is, then!" Cyr says, trying to hold onto the optimism of spring as he jumps into the hole.
    Geth roll 1d20 for Acrobatics

    Acrobatics:
    1d20 10 [1d20=10]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Ryder

    You try to slow your descent, but your feet loose their grip for just a moment. You land on your ass.

    Geth roll 3d6 for Fall Damage



    Sug

    It is… a golem… no, a homunculus. No… a constructed person. A prototype, a new thing. It won’t be getting up.

    As you spend further time poking and prodding, you hear footsteps, deliberate and confident, stride towards you from the adjacent room. You feel their shadows fall across you!

    It’s the 3rd. An elite Claymore team. They were sent he due to concerns of missing persons in the area.



    Cyr

    You take a soft landing on Ryder’s back and tumble away.

    There is an open door up ahead. Sug needs help! It’ll take your next turn to sprint there.

    Fall Damage:
    3d6 11 [3d6=3, 3, 5]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    po73udtp7hw2.jpeg

    hvuxgqoemvxv.jpeg


    The 3rd

    1. Rasputin Mulgrave, half-goliath rogue.
    2. “One Shot” Dario, aasimar gunslinger.
    3. Pang “Carp” Hoardmiser, dragonborn brawler.
    4. Gilbrin Twee, quarter-halfling alchemist.
    5. Captain Oscar Volleyford, human ranger.

    pg3msvefc9u1.png

    Endless_Serpents on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sug looks at the 3rd as they run into the room. "Hello Gentlemen. Rumor was you were missing."

  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Maggie eyes the tied up drow as she says over comms "What's up chuckleheads? I heard you guys needed me. I see a couple of drow here trying to escape. I'll deal with them and then come and find you." She walks over to the drow with a smirk on her face. "You wouldn't be trying to make like a tree and get out of here, would you?" She attempts to take away any tools they're using to cut themselves free and secure their binds, using her staff to subdue if necessary.

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    AustinP0027Endless_SerpentsReynolds
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    Sug

    “Now then son,” drawls Dario, “I’m being compelled to end you, but I didn’t hear nothing about talking.”

    He takes the safety off his famous rifle.

    “So I believe you should run, and failing that, get passed us because—”

    A shrill voice interrupts, “No talking! Just take them all out. I’m almost done!”



    For speed of posting I’m just calling it.

    Initiative Order
    1. Sug
    2. Ryder
    3. Cyr
    4. Lyn
    5. The 3rd
    6. Maggie
    7. Mystery Voice

    Time for a real fight.



    Maggie

    You acquire five fine elven daggers. Wait no, you acquire six.

    They’re staying put.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "Shit." Sug replies.

    Springing into action, Sug charges ahead. He can't get by them easily, and it'll hurt when he tries but he also knows the 3rd isn't doing this on purpose.

    Dashing 60 feet past them. I know I'll take some hits but can't bring myself to attack them.

Sign In or Register to comment.