As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Strike Force Claymore — Big Trouble in Little Osoleth

1457910

Posts

  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    "Maggie? We're down a hole." She watched Ryder dive into the unknown, followed by Cyr. "...then down another hole." With a sigh, Lyn pushed her captive towards the opening as well, giving him a shove forward before following after. "It's past the illusory wall, you'll know it when you, uh, see it."

    uyvfOQy.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    "Sug! What's going on?" Cyr shouts ahead as he runs into the room.

    Not going to dash for now, just run as far forward as I can and then take a dodge action.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    To be continued in the morning!

  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    11 damage knocks Ryder exactly to 0, so he is unconscious at the moment.

    Endless_Serpents
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20 for Death Save

    Death Save:
    1d20 14 [1d20=14]

    Endless_Serpents
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    "CC" Maggs slips the Elven daggers into her uniform's bottomless pocket one by one. Of course I have Sleep and Charm chambered the one time I'm drowning in Drow. Over comms: "That's a ten four, Lyn. Drow secured. Alicing over to you." She heads to the first hole and jumps down. I cast Feather Fall 1/2! She looks for the second hole, using her staff to find the illusionary wall. I cast Dispell 1/2! She jumps down the second hole.

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Acrobatics (Hole 1)

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Acrobatics (Hole 2)

    Acrobatics (Hole 1):
    1d20+2 12 [1d20=10]
    Acrobatics (Hole 2):
    1d20+2 4 [1d20=2]

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    AustinP0027
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Maggie

    You hop down the holes, feather falling your way onto Ryder’s back, who has a head injury and probably a cracked coccyx. They’re out cold.

    Make a Medicine check.



    Sug

    The 3rd are pretty noncommittal about it, but you get too close to Gilbrin Twee as you pass them. You hear a sudden burst of flame! The little alchemist’s right hand blasts off from his wrist!

    The fist cracks you across the jaw! Sug! You suffer 12 damage!



    The 3rd

    Twee uncaps some canister and rolls to towards Sug! It begins to spin on the floor as a noxious gas is released! Twee seems to be having trouble breathing too—they’ve used this at close range on purpose!

    Sug! You suffer 2 damage. Make a Constitution saving throw. 13 DC. If you fail, you’ll take a further 7 damage.

    Then Dario takes a knee and aims their famous rifle. They don’t shoot… but when they do, there will be Hell to pay.

    It could be good fortune, or the 3rd bending the rules of their mind control to suit them, but rather than attack Sug the half-goliath and dragonborn jog away to get closer to Cyr.

    wnr725dckz8l.jpeg




    Maggie!

    Your turn!

    Then it’ll be one final combatant’s turn, then back to the top.

    Rocket Punch:
    1d20+2 21 [1d20=19]
    Punch Damage:
    4d4 12 [4d4=3, 4, 3, 2]
    1d20+5 20 [1d20=15]
    The Sickness:
    2d8 7 [2d8=4, 3]
    Auto Damage:
    1d4 2 [1d4=2]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I’ll describe the next room soon. Let’s just get this round in.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for CON Save

    Edit: Oh thank god. That 7 would have put me down

    CON Save:
    1d20+2 22 [1d20=20]

    AustinP0027 on
    Endless_Serpents
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Maggie rolls off of Ryder and examines him. Over comms: "Ryder's down under the second hole. Assessing his health now."

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Medicine

    One Bigby's Insulting Hand for Geth...

    She takes an action to activate her Cantrip to call HQ to ask for medivac of Ryder cause she sure as Shinola can't help him.

    Medicine:
    1d20+2 3 [1d20=1]

    ironsizide on
    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Maggie

    Had to edit this, stand by…

    “Gods damn it. Knew this would happen, listen up!”, a voice crackles and is then cut off.

    Someone else comes on the line, “Understood Maggie. Can’t get them out right now as we’re about to teleport guys in. I’ve grabbed a wizard on their break—teleporting in a healing potion in 5…”

    As if thrown, a small hand sized chest is launched from nowhere and hits Ryder in the foot. Inside is a tiny bottle of condensed healing, a bubble red liquid, looks downright volatile. 2d4+4 HP.

    You’ve spent the squad’s earned Manifest. Reputation with Claymore

    Endless_Serpents on
    Centipede Damascusironsizide
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 14


    Maggie took out the Dream Lead from Ryder’s pocket and fed it to him.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Provided I didn't double down on the medivac:

    What's this? Maggie finds the Dream Leaf. Ryder, you've been holding out on me. She takes the leaf and chews it enough to make it easy to swallow. She opens Ryder's mouth, spits the chewed up leaf into his mouth, and induces him to swallow it. "Let's hope this works."

    ironsizide on
    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Ryder

    Roll 1d6 for HP

    You awaken really, really high.

    “Hello my child,” says a goddess of the elves, “You are an elf, the most beautiful of all the people. Come, triumph befits you”

    “Yes, go forth and kick ass yo”, says another goddess.

    The first smiles warmly, “Do a really sick acrobatics thing. Like a flip.”

    You’re not sure which goddesses they are but you totally believe in them. You’re so high.

    c77u90cw17rk.jpeg
    2xcns0encw9q.jpeg

    Endless_Serpents on
    ironsizideAustinP0027ZomroReynolds
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Luthieria

    “Claymore. It’s always you people. You’re why I served time, you know that? But look at me now!”

    uelzhzfvru4e.jpeg

    In the chamber Sug is running towards, a being is hard at work, fine tuning some device connecting to an elf hung by manacles to the far wall. The being has a head made of wings. Their hands are clawed, skin like leather. Under their robes you spy one frog-like clubbed foot. A lion’s tail sways behind them.

    Around the chamber tall glass tubes hold victims floating in ooze, twitching in their sleep.

    You chamber is lit by candle light, spread in a circle before an Infernal sigil. This is heavy stuff.

    The being points a finger at Sug. Black lightning crackles across the floor towards them!

    Sug! Make a Strength saving throw!

    Round over. Let’s go people!

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20-1 for STR Save

    STR Save:
    1d20-1 9 [1d20=10]

  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Cyr sees Rasputin and Carp heading towards him, violent intent apparent by their body language, but something seems off with their faces.

    "Guys! What's the problem?" He half-yells. Under his breath, Cyr recites the Watcher's Oath and casts Divine Favor on himself.
    Casting Time: 1 bonus action
    Range/Area: Self
    Components: V, S
    Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

    Your prayer empowers you with divine radiance. Until the spell ends, your weapon attacks deal an extra 1d4 radiant damage on a hit.

    Cyr moves towards Carp and tries to strike with the flat of his sword, in a way to incapacitate instead of wounding.
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Attack
    Geth roll 1d8+4 for Longsword
    Geth roll 1d4 for Divine Favor

    Attack:
    1d20+4 12 [1d20=8]
    Longsword:
    1d8+4 11 [1d8=7]
    Divine Favor:
    1d4 3 [1d4=3]

  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d6 for Getting High

    Ryder stands up, wobbling a bit from the concussion and a little from the drugs. "Now I know how that rock felt, falling from the ceiling. But when you really think about it, aren't we all just rocks falling from ceilings in this life?"

    Ryder's mouth feels dry, probably the effect of the Dream Leaf. "Damn, I'm thirsty." he finds the box with the potion lying at his feet and downs it quickly. It's like cough syrup, but it does the job. Ryder follows slowly behind Cyr, he needs to get closer to get a good shot with his crossbow.

    Geth roll 2d4+4 for Healing Potion

    Gonna grab and down the healing potion. Half move to stand up and then start heading up to the hallway. My crossbow has a much shorter range, so it'll take a while for me to get to a good shot in, but at least I can take disadvantaged shots from pretty far.

    Getting High:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]
    Healing Potion:
    2d4+4 9 [2d4=1, 4]

    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Sug

    You’re drawn in 40 feet, then slide a further 10 and fall prone! Your speed is reduced to 0 until the end of your next turn.

    From the floor, you look up to see a chimera or something in elven robes.



    Cyr


    Carp leans back, fists up, ever the boxer.



    Ryder

    “Do a flip. Do a cool flip.”, the goddesses voices soothe.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'm still super far away even after the slide right? If I'm counting the map right, 50 foot slide just got me to the room entrance so lots of feet to go.

    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    @AustinP0027
    Might have to settle for Perception check, or an improvised thrown weapon, or whatever else you can think of.

    8651o6zsuwqw.png

    B = boss

    Endless_Serpents on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Yep. Just wanted to triple check that I wasn't in range because I do need to heal.

    Sug pulls himself to his feet, brushing off his coat from the dust of the cave. He places a hand on his chest and whispers "Cowabunga." He feels the healing energy stitch him up a little bit.

    He continues forward, getting a little closer and looking at the scene around him.

    Healing Word on myself (yes, the word is in there).

    Using some perception to look around after moving 15ft forward.

    Geth, roll 1d4+3 for Healing Word
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Perception

    Healing Word:
    1d4+3 5 [1d4=2]
    Perception:
    1d20+5 21 [1d20=16]

    AustinP0027 on
    Reynoldsironsizide
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    @Endless_Serpents Sorry, did you see my attack roll there?

  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Maggie's kinda disappointed at the lack of gratitude for a moment, but remembers that Ryder is tripping something fierce so she's gonna let it slide. She's totally keeping the fact that she spit chewed food into Ryder's mouth in her bottomless uniform pocket. Observing that Ryder's looking much better with walking around all, Maggie dashes down the hall to join the action.

    Maggie Dashes north as her action for the round.

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    @Endless_Serpents Sorry, did you see my attack roll there?

    Never need to apologise!

    Yeah, you missed. But only just.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Update tomorrow!

  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Lyn doesn't seem to be on the new map, but she should be somewhere behind Cyr, since she followed him down. While the captured elf is now left at the bottom of the hole, near Ryder and Maggie. I'm going to use one Ki for Step of the Wind to Dash past Cyr and the half cover to head for Sug.

    With a burst of speed, Lyn passed Cyr, rushing into the room. Her eyes widened as she recognized each of the 3rd squad members one by one. "Not good, not good!" They didn't stand a chance in a fair fight here. They just had to hope whatever was controlling the 3rd was slowing them down just a bit, which seemed to fit their action so far. "Move, turtle, move!" Of course, Sug seemed to be pinned down for the moment.

    Wincing even before she made contact, Lyn did her best diving tackle to attempt to bowl Dario over and shove him prone.

    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Athletics (Shove)

    That went better than expected.

    Athletics (Shove):
    1d20+2 19 [1d20=17]

    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    AustinP0027ironsizideEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 15
    Sug

    On your left, inside glass tubes—the people that have being going missing. They have one thing in common, they’re all elves. Wood elf, high elf… you could guess they’re every notable race.

    In two big tubes either side of the… thing… contain two of those lizard beasts.

    The thing in robes looks strong and fast along with its arcane proficiency. It looks all kinds of messed up by transformative magic. It’s guarding that elf looking homunculus with its life. You see a wire trailing down from the back of its head… leading back to the thing.



    Lyn

    You drop the famous gunslinger to the ground! After his head bounces back off the floor he gives you an approving grimace (that’s as good as a smile from Dario).

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Shoved

    Shoved:
    1d20+2 4 [1d20=2]

    Endless_Serpents on
    Reynolds
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 15
    The 3rd

    1. Rasputin Mulgrave, half-goliath rogue.
    2. “One Shot” Dario, aasimar gunslinger.
    3. Pang “Carp” Hoardmiser, dragonborn brawler.
    4. Gilbrin Twee, quarter-halfling alchemist.
    5. Captain Oscar Volleyford, human ranger.



    Rasputin charges Cyr down and then leaps at the last moment, intent on driving two daggers into him!

    Cyr! You suffer 9 damage!



    There is a flash of muzzle flare and a thunderous bang!

    As Dario fell backwards he pulled the trigger. He’s shot himself in the jaw. His expression doesn’t change, even as blood pools in his mouth. Is he dead? You can’t yet tell, but he’s staying down. If he’d been able to hit Sug with that shot… damn.

    Good work Lyn!



    Carp slides beneath Rasputin has he leaps, intent on kicking Cyr’s legs out from under him!

    Cyr! Make a contested check, Athletics or Acrobatics.



    Twee sprints after Sug, but his little legs don’t get him far enough.


    Map:
    2r9i83elfgs4.png

    Assassination:
    1d20+8 20 [1d20=12]
    Bonus Assassination:
    1d20+5 11 [1d20=6]
    Damage:
    1d4+6 9 [1d4=3]
    Bonus Damage:
    1d4+3 4 [1d4=1]
    Sharp Shooting:
    1d20+10 20 [1d20=10]
    Damage:
    2d10+1d6 14 [2d10=7, 2] [1d6=5]
    Shove Mastery:
    1d20+4 14 [1d20=10]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Maggie is up next, then the monstrous alchemist!

  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Maggie considers her options and decides the best one to put the two hulks on Cyr to sleep. She takes a pinch of sand out from her pouch, blows it towards Rasputin and Carp, and utters, "Good night, ye princes of men."

    Maggie casts Sleep at 2nd level centered on Carp since elves like Cyr can't be put to sleep by magic. She can put 7d8 worth of HP to sleep (5d8 + 2d8 for 2nd level augment), starting with the creature with the lowest current HP first. Lasts for 1m unless attacked.

    Geth roll 7d8 for Sleep

    Sleep:
    7d8 28 [7d8=1, 6, 3, 4, 8, 5, 1]

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Maggie

    Carp falls forward, long snout outstretched, and begins to snore. His ally shakes his head and keeps standing.

    I’ve throw a bit of movement in there for you too.


    Map:
    70khqiix1vsl.png

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 15
    Luthieria

    “My power is beyond you! Soon I will bring this putrid world to its knees and it will be cleansed! The elves will once again rule an empire spanning across the disc!”*

    A bright green arrow is notched between the hands of the creature, who looses it at Sug! As it flies it seems to burn the dust it touches, leaving cinders in its wake.

    Then the creature pulls a spring-loaded injector from beneath their robes and flicks a catch before slamming it into their leg! Their eyes glow like the heart of a bonfire.

    Sug! You suffer 10 acid damage! In addition, your shield melts apart.

    *Theres a growing conspiracy of spherical worlders, but you can’t deny that if you sail far enough you fall off. That’s just science.

    Acid Arrow:
    1d20+2 20 [1d20=18]
    4d4 10 [4d4=4, 1, 3, 2]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited May 15
    "Do a flip." the goddesses' words ring through Ryder's mind. "Don't gotta tell me twice, beautiful Elven Goddesses." To anyone else, Ryder is talking to himself. He is just so high right now.

    Now back on his feet after his fall, Ryder springs fully into action. He races down the hall right towards Rasputin but when he's about to reach him Ryder jumps to the wall, runs off it for a short distance and then springs off in a full side somersault. As he spins through the air he draws his scimitar and swings with the flat of the blade towards Rasputin's head.

    Geth roll 2d20k1+5 for Doing a Flip
    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Attack
    Geth roll 1d6+3 for Nonlethal Damage

    Since the goddesses told me to flip, I have advantage on the check. Full movement puts me right below Rasputin.

    Doing a Flip:
    2d20k1+5 24 [2d20k1=[19], 14]
    Attack:
    1d20+5 21 [1d20=16]
    Nonlethal Damage:
    1d6+3 8 [1d6=5]

    Zomro on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sug had raised his shield to block the arrow, but it went through it and hit him square in the chest. Grimacing, he moves ahead to get closer and put some distance between himself and Twee.

    Tapping his earpiece, he sends a message out. "You all are going to need to get in here and stop this thing. I did what I could"

    Breathing heavily, he flings his arm out, shooting a star arrow at the creature, before raising his hands to the sky. With a quick downward motion, he summons a blast of moonlight to cover the creature and its homunculus.

    1HP left so, yeah.

    Star arrow BA.
    Cast Moonbeam on them. (13 CON save)

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Arrow Hit
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Arrow Dmg

    Geth, roll 2d10 for Moonbeam Dmg

    Arrow Hit:
    1d20+5 25 [1d20=20]
    Arrow Dmg:
    1d8+3 9 [1d8=6]
    Moonbeam Dmg:
    2d10 16 [2d10=9, 7]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I always forget which magic does or doesn't crit so just in case that one does.

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Arrow Crit

    Arrow Crit:
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]

    ironsizide
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Cyr takes a dagger in the arm and grimaces, almost missing Carp going for his legs.
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Athletics

    Athletics:
    1d20+2 15 [1d20=13]

    Endless_Serpentsironsizide
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 15
    Sug

    Your arrow pierces the creature’s hide! It lets out an unholy scream!

    Next you light it up, causing its writhing shadow to draw out across the chamber.

    Sug! Choose one:
    - Remove a spell from its prepared spells.
    - Remove a tentacle grab attack permanently.




    Ryder

    You bonk your target!

    Your somersaults and wall running antics have launched you further than you’d expect!

    The goddesses clap for you.

    “Okay! Now take that guy’s gun and load it! You’ll look cool with a gun! New inventions are cool”

    Make a Sleight of Hand check to grab and load it as a bonus action, fail and it’ll take up an action. Naturally you don’t have to do what they ask.

    Map:
    b3o5x0xwt223.png

    Moon Save:
    1d20+2 3 [1d20=1]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Lets go ahead and remove a spell. Let's get physical!

  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Cyr plants his feet and stands solid against Carp's sliding kick. Before Carp is even able to get back up from his sliding position, he's put to sleep by Maggie's spell. Cyr makes eye contact with Maggie, smiles, and gives and enthusiastic thumbs up before he turns to face Rasputin. He squares up, and moves to hit Rasputin really hard with the flat of his sword. Being stabbed isn't fun.
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Attack
    Geth roll 1d8+4 for Longsword
    Geth roll 1d4 for Divine Favor

    Attack:
    1d20+4 15 [1d20=11]
    Longsword:
    1d8+4 10 [1d8=6]
    Divine Favor:
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]

Sign In or Register to comment.