As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Strike Force Claymore — Gladiatorial Wombat

• ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Is this my first Persuasion roll this excursion? If so, my brooch lets me roll mt first Persuasion roll with Advantage. Ignore second roll if the brooch doesn't apply.

Geth roll 1d20 for Persuasion
    Geth roll 1d20 for Persuasion (advantage)

Also, I don't know the syntax for rolling with Advantage/Disadvantage if the ole G bot supports it.

Persuasion:
    1d20 2 [1d20=2]
    Persuasion (advantage):
    1d20 11 [1d20=11]

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Advantage rolls are 2d20k1, Disadvantage is 2d20l1. Modifiers can be added as normal

Examples:
    Geth roll 2d20k1 for Advantage
    Geth roll 2d20l1 for Disadvantage

Advantage:
    2d20k1 16 [2d20k1=[16], 12]
    Disadvantage:
    2d20l1 10 [2d20l1=[10], 17]

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    The 69ers

The pirates don’t see you as a threat and they believe you’re innocent, but now they want something to work with. You’ve killed the best lead they could have hoped for.

One of the pirates sets down a wind up radio and calls up to the vessel.

“These lot are just a bunch of berks from the Material, got sucked in when some freak did they old portable hole, bag of holding trick. Not much to go on. Should we just leave them be? Rough ‘em up a bit? They’ve nothing worth taking.”

Rather than a spoken reply, the eye sockets of the ram skull blink with blinding white light, short, short, long and so on, over and over.

The pirates squint up, then grumble amongst themselves. They walk passed you and carry off the monstrous alchemist’s corpse.

Ryder

The captain’s flaming skull is expressionless as he looks you over.

“Martinez. Take this one to the loading bay and let ‘em climb down a rope. We’re done here.”

Time to move on.

Endless_Serpents on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Lyn opened her mouth to say something, before she realized she'd heard that accent before. Well, that explained that.

"So, still gotta solve a puzzle to get out of here, huh?"

uyvfOQy.png
    edited May 2022
    The 69ers

It’s your classic portal opening puzzle.

szn01y7tk6pg.jpeg

The hoop is floating in midair, but can be moved with the gentlest touch. The piano is on wheels. The bonsai’s plant pot has imagery that brings to mind your world, in a rose tinted glasses sort of sense, as if it was made by someone that had a very out of date opinion of the world. The mirror, at present at least, reflects what’s in front of it in the usual manner.

Describe what you physically do. What you want to line up. Stuff like that.

Endless_Serpents on
    Ryder climbs down the rope and reunites with the squad. "Hoo boy, sure glad that's over. Astral pirates are pretty cool, but I got a bit worried for a moment."

As the pirates leave, Ryder sees Marion and Sin'Kon. He leans in to the rest of the squad, "Those two are lookers, huh? Definitely a better sight than the ol' captain up there."

Ryder takes a a walk around the room, taking a look at the arrayed objects from various angles. He looks to be thinking very hard but is just completely lost.

Player wise, I think reflecting the bonsai through the hoop on the mirror would make the portal. Maybe the piano is the trigger once the right objects are in place? Ryder does have the Performance skill, so if there's sheet music, he could try and play it.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sug stares at the items. "What if we just tried this...."

First, Sug pushed the hoop into the middle, tilting it so the openings were parallel to the ground. Then, he started pushing the piano, aligning the bonsai plant opposite the mirror so it could be seen in its reflection. Finally, he adjusted the hoop so that the circle opening in the hoop surrounded the reflection of the bonsai plant in the mirror.

His aligning done, he steps back to observe.

Sug

Yep. That’s all it takes.

The mirror reflects the bonsai, but much closer than it should, until slowly, slowly a blue sky appears in the reflection. If you angle yourself just so… you realise the reflection is held within the hoop too. You have opened a portal back home! At least several hundred miles from where you personally call him, but on a planar scale that’s good enough!

Sug! You gain 300 experience! Be sure to mark that down.

The 69ers

Your way back secured, you need only walk into the Material Plane. It is a warm day. The place you arrive at is a grassy hill topped with a large tree. Eastwards you spot a town, rural but with all the modern conventions; elemental powered carriages, people of all heritages, diners, a factory, ox shaped golems harvesting corn… normal things.

Have any of you NOT used your ear piece? It is now fully functional.

Now back in the material world, Maggie opens the tattered robe-sack and puts the items in it one by one into her extra-dimensional uniform pocket. She then activates her Cantrip to see if she can contact HQ. "HQ? Maggie of the 69ers here. Anyone read me?"

Maggie did not use her ear piece at all in the other plane.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    "Can we get lunch before going back? No, wait, is the fair still open? I need that spanakopita."

You hear a headset being fumbled with, then on the line you hear the nerdy voice of Retribution, an techie gal that doesn’t suit her name.

mpkwdjkuoac1.jpeg

“Thank the gods! Maggie, what is your status? Where have you been for the passed 24 hours? How fit is your team? Damn, don’t answer all that, we can’t be sure the line is secure. Unless anyone needs emergency medical attention we need you back at HQ immediately for debriefing.”

She shouts to someone over her shoulder, you don’t hear what. You hear muffle movement and coffee mugs clatter.

“The Wizard-Seers are prepping now, please respond quickly!”

edited May 2022
    MISSION COMPLETE

Everyone gains 900 experience!

Maggie gains an extra 300 experience!

You have earned…
    20 gold coins each for taking out the beasts before they harmed any civilians!
    50 gold coins each for slaying the villainous alchemist!
    100 gold coins each for saving the kidnapped elves and defeating your fellow Claymore agents without killing them!
    Other opportunities for additional pay were lost.

The team as a whole has earned 1 Manifest. An intangible quality of respect, any of you can spend it on a mission to make a Persuasion check to the comms squad. Ask for what you need, and you’ll receive… something. In time the overall quality of their aid will improve with your reputation. Consider:
    - Abort the mission, teleport out.
    - Teleport in a box of healing items.
    - Get a long distance spell cast.
    - Summon a friendly elemental.
    - Connect you up on comms to an expert in some field.
    - Patch through some money, right now, to grease the wheels.

Maggie! You’re on the Dark Board for defeating a wannabe Dark Lord with a Grand Scheme! You’ve become slightly more recognisable to Strike Force Claymore at large. The team doesn’t have a captain any more, but until others prove more capable you’ll be the assumed leader for now, rightly or not.

Endless_Serpents on
    Gonna go ahead and spend some of that cash real quick just so I can have my sheet updated. I bought another longbow (50gp) and a short sword (10gp) to replace my missing weapons. Also grabbed some daggers that I can keep in my pocket of holding for emergencies. Are we able to buy potions of healing regularly, I could buy one or two for future missions.

Are we back at HQ yet or still in progress of making our way back?

Like, seconds away. I’ll update in a bit after some posts.

Zomro wrote: »
    Gonna go ahead and spend some of that cash real quick just so I can have my sheet updated. I bought another longbow (50gp) and a short sword (10gp) to replace my missing weapons. Also grabbed some daggers that I can keep in my pocket of holding for emergencies. Are we able to buy potions of healing regularly, I could buy one or two for future missions.

Anything magical, no matter how average, will require going to a funky bazaar, which we will be doing shortly!

edited May 2022
    Cool. I need to do some normal shopping plus funky bazaar always sounds fun!

Oh, also since they aren't dead, I'm returning the amulet the 3rd dropped that we found in the astral plane

AustinP0027 on
    edited May 2022
    Eh, yeah, let’s keep going!

Just as Maggie is about to make her reply the whole team is teleported into HQ. They even put you all on the same floor!

You’re quickly crowded by healers, who treat you in the manner a pit stop crew would a bunch of racing cars. You’re healed up and wiped down and pushed off into a small room. Dimly lit, papers scattered across a heavy looking table, short, oddly too comfy chairs you sink into, a full ashtray. A wide window looks out across the bay, across to the other side of the city, with its skyline broken by the renounced royal family’s castle—a pretty tourist trap. There is a tall leather chair behind the table facing away from you.

“Gentleman, ladies, Ryder, here is the run down. Four weeks ago the first blips of interference in our teleportation system became apparent. Three weeks ago there was an escape at Elkatraz, the most secure prison in the Nation. One week ago the famed Diamond of Peace was stolen from the vaults of the Kobold King. Yesterday, the damn near best team we have was mind controlled and wound up in intensive care for it. You were missing in action for 24 hours. 8 hours ago the 1st died stopping a resurrected dragon out in the Gredoon’s a hundred miles from where it died. Someone put full-plate on it. You are the first outside of my command team to hear this and I do not want it repeated.”, the voice continues before you can get your bearings, “The conclusion is obvious. We have a full scale Mastermind situation on our hands. Do you have any idea who or what supplied that nut job with the resources to build some kind of… vessel? That elf looking golem under the streets of Little Osoleth?”

The chair behind the table swivels around.

dglja81ax2gi.jpeg

Fonzi Fiddlefee, Commander of Strike Force Claymore. The Last Adventurer. You better answer him!

Endless_Serpents on
    Maggie takes the business card and encoded journal out of her uniform pocket. "I found these on the body of said nut job. A business card for one 'Raum, Patron of Genius' and this journal written in cypher. Unless the alchemist was Raum, I'd say that could be our first clue to finding out who the mastermind is. The journal should be fairly enlightening one the cypher is decoded."

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    "No way that guy was a genius. Real thick skulled, so this Raum is definitely someone of interest." Sug adds

edited May 2022
    Maggie

The mouse-man leans back in his chair.

“No. She was Lutheria Do’Anisi, a half-elf who flunked out of Róthefjord. At least that’s the name I have here. Served time, but probably should have gone to an asylum. Believed she could force the elven gods to make up if only the elves could unify into one race, something like that.”, his nose twitches, “Big into the body modding scene… but she didn’t look like that the day she escaped prison. Something seriously exacerbated her… condition, body and mind.”

“Raum. That’s our ringleader. Good work.”

He climbs up onto his desk and kicks away some papers, then hops onto a button.

“Gulgore, be a dear and call up Fulcrum. Have him herd a few magic users into something like a cohesive team—I need a journal translating from crazy bitch.”

Gulgore rumbles through a speaker, “Gulgore will find him! Gulgore will crush this information into his mind! Gulgore mighty secretary!”

“Thank you Gulgore.”

It’ll take 11 days for the journal to be legible.

Geth roll 1d10+1 for Translate

Translate:
    1d10+1 11 [1d10=10]

Endless_Serpents on
    edited May 2022
    Fonzi’s whiskers twitch. He puts a tiny hand on his chin.

“So. What exactly went down.”

100 experience for the first person to recount the mission in character. Forgetting things is totally fine.

Endless_Serpents on
    "Well, I was out doing some equipment shopping, ball bearings and stuff like that when those serpent things attacked. There were some Drow rabble rousers that were harrassing the Unity Festival Parade and they seemed to know where those monsters came from." Ryder puffs out his chest a little, "I captured a couple of them and tied them up, did anyone bring them in questioning?"

"Anyway, we were told to follow underground and to try and find the 3rd while backup was called in, so we went down into the unfinished subway. Speaking of which, they really need to reopen that project, Little Osoleth is great and the people there are really cool and nice and they should have the support of the city." Ryder goes on a side rant about Drow fashion and Drow cuisine (lots of mushrooms) before remembering that this is a mission debriefing.

"We found some illusory walls and one of them led into, like a dungeon, or a tomb, or a dungeon tomb. I chased somebody in there but then a hundred rocks fell from the ceiling (narrator: Ryder is lying) and I deftly avoided being crushed (still lying) but the person got away. Eventually we went down a hole dug by one of those monsters (Ryder avoids telling how he fell down the hole) and we we had to fight the 3rd who were under some charm spell or something. Actually, the 3rd did really well fighting the control, they, followed commands but, like, in a weird way. How are they doing? I need to return Dario's rifle to him, since it's his and all."

"After we cornered the crazy monster lady she did some strange thing with a hole and a bag and we wound up in... the Astral Plane? Something like that. We found the fugitive at an observatory slash monastery and Maggie blasted her. There were some Astral pirates with a skull ship and a skull captain who throught we killed all the monks at the monastery, but I think it was the monster lady who did it. And then Sug figured out how to open the portal to get us back and then we got brought back to HQ and then you called us in, Fonz... er, Commander Fiddlefee, sir."

"I arrived late on the scene, so someone else will have to fill in the details from the beginning." Maggie starts to cast small illusions of scenes from the mission as speaks. "When I arrived on the scene I secured several Elven suspects trying to escape. With the help of everyone else I was able to navigate to the scene after jumping down at least one hole. Ryder was nice enough to uh, break my fall. I called HQ for medical assistance and they ported in some potions. I also found some dream leaf on Ryder and fed it to them to revive them. Ryder proceeded to use the potions."

"With Ryder back in action I advanced to the closest skirmish, which turned out to be 2 or the 3rd seeking to pound Cyr into the ground. Logic dictated they were mind-controlled, so I sought to subdue them. I was able to put one of them to sleep. By know I could hear the nutter monologuing and Sug called for assistance. Ryder, Cyr, and Lyn actively subdued most of the other members of the 3rd. We started pounding on Luthieria, but before we could get in our second licks they - get this Boss - pulled the old 'Let's see what happens when we combine a portable hole and bang of holding' gag. We, along with Luthieria, were consequently ported to the Astral Plane."

"We regrouped on a floating rock and discovered most of us could fly. Ryder was the exception. We observed a large glass building on a close by rock. We proceeded to the building, flying from rock to rock and ferrying Ryder along. As we approached from a rock or two away from the building we where jumped by a couple of cosmic jellyfish schools. In the ensuing combat we managed to take out both pack leaders and the remainder fled the scene. The scuffle created some chaos with the nearby terrain, and at least one chunk of rock was propelled into the rock with the building on it. The 69th was scattered upon landing on the rock with the building. I managed to land in the building itself, at Luthieria's feet. They demanded I puzzle out four magical objects to form a portal back home. They killed the building's residents before I arrived for not activating the portal."

"I observed Luthieria's physical condition was critical, so I decided to stall for time trying to figure out the portal while maneuvering for a kill shot. I was able to get behind them and promptly missiled them down. By that time the rest of the 69 arrived on the scene save for Ryder. Two sky pirates decided to crash the party at that point, coming from a skull-shaped airship. They accused us of killing the inhabitants, referring to them as monks. We managed to explain what happened, and after conferring with their captain, decided we weren't the culprits or worth the effort. They returned Ryder to us and left. Sug figured out how to activate the portal and we returned home. I then contacted HQ and you know the rest."

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    "24 hours? It didn't seem that long. Wait, is Dario...I, uh, I mean, are all the members of the 3rd okay? Sir?"

uyvfOQy.png
    Well I’m not an animal, so of course both Maggie and Ryder gain 100 experience.

“Time goes wonky in the moment between crossing planes. Just one of those things. Dario and the others will be fine, in time. It’ll be months until we’re certain their minds aren’t compromised and they’ll be fit for active duty. Healing muscle is just a spell away, but mental work needs steadier hands than your average cleric.”

He softens his tone, “I have been told Dario thinks his facial scarring is ‘cool’ and that his gun couldn’t finish him off because it is his friend. I’m not sure if that’s a new thing or if we should be running more regular scans on you lot. Or on your weapons.”

The debrief continues for longer than you’d like, but eventually it’s over.

“You’ve got tomorrow off. Here’s tickets to the Grand Solar Hotel. Five star. Hear it has a swimming pool.”

You shuffle out of the office and walk back through HQ. When you arrive at the entrance hall a number of random Claymores are waiting for you, some in uniform, some about to head off to do whatever else they do with their lives.

They clap.

“Heard you been to the Astral plane. Very cool.”

“Did that thing really have three heads and six arms? Dark magic shit.”

“Taking on the 3rd, even under those conditions, that’s pretty cool for you guys.”

“You know, when my parents were killed that fateful night…”

“Nice one Maggie. Welcome to the board.”

“…I swore vengeance…”

“Saw pics of those lizard things. Lucky you guys got there in time.”

“…and that is why I must continue my vigil over these rotten streets…”

“Barry, we’re trying to have a moment here.”

“Sorry.”

x02j9dxybjjd.jpeg
    f8xep7avv976.jpeg
    lcf03igg5bbk.jpeg

You’re free to do as you please for tonight and tomorrow.

You can all buy mundane, basic items off-screen right now and add them to your character sheet.

Please describe how you spend your first night at the Grand Solar Hotel. It’s practically the Ritz.

9k4gp2saoan3.jpeg
    fpqghgpcc082.jpeg

The following day, choose one for yourself:
    - I head to the bazaar to scout out what magic items are on offer today.
    - I seek out a trainer of a particular skill. Say what you believe they can help you with.
    - I make the most of the hotel. It’s my day off! This will have its benefits.
    Whoever picks the same will go together. We’re splitting up.

There’s never anything stopping you going off script, you know? You can say you don’t go to the hotel. Things like that.

edited May 2022
    Claymore is full of hotties, one of the things Ryder really likes about working there.

The first thing Ryder does is turn Dario's rifle into the armory. He would've preferred to give it back to Dario directly, but Ryder didn't want to bother him while he was recovering. Ryder leaves a note for Dario with the rifle for when he's able to pick it back up.

Had to borrow this during the situation under Little Osoleth, but I'm returning it now. This rifle isn't really my style and it belongs to you anyway. Guns are pretty flashy, though, so maybe you can give me a few pointers on them once you're back in action. -Ryder, 69th

Before heading to the hotel, Ryder swings by the fair (it usually runs for a few days beyond the Unity Festival) to pick up a bunch of food from the various stalls and brings it to share with the rest of the squad. Minotaur spanakopita, Drow mushroom risotto, Orc barbecue and a Halfling shortcake for desert. All of the favorites. Normally getting all of these food items would require traveling to all of the different neighborhoods and districts, but the Unity Fair consolidates it all into one glorious culinary space for a few days.

Once at the Grand Solar Hotel, Ryder indulges himself. He gets a nice workout in the swimming pool and then gets a massage to relax. Even after that tough mission, Ryder's got energy to spare and spends a good portion of the night at a nearby club dancing with anyone who cares to join him. The next day, he continues enjoying the time off, sun bathing by the pool, getting some room service, just relaxing.

Ryder will spend the next day at the hotel. Just really pamper himself

Zomro on
    Gonna be pretty busy today, so will post at some point tonight.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    Lyn keeps using Athletics, so some sort of boost there might be helpful. I'm picturing some meditating under a waterfall, jumping from a chilled pool to a hot spring, doing kata during a thunderstorm, that kinda stuff.

But this is all done using the hotel's personal trainer, so the montage keeps panning back to show the waterfall is a feature in their kids water park, there's bros playing volleyball the next pool over, there's old people doing yoga nearby, etc.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    That night at the hotel, Cyr spends some time swimming laps in the pool. After retiring to his room, he made liberal use of room service and treated himself to some pastries and bubbly wine. It was all delicious, but something still gnawed at his stomach once they were gone. He went into his nightly trance once again attempting to immerse himself in memories of the Feywild, but he kept thinking of the strange journal they had recovered on the mission. Something about the writing stirred something deep in his mind he could not quite put a finger on.

Cyr uses the Trance to gain proficiency in Calligrapher's Tools, and his season changes to summer.

The rising of the sun stirs him from his trance. He washes up, gets dressed, and heads out to take in the bazaar and see what can be found there.

Ryder

Between jacuzzis, the cuisine, and that very welcoming bartender, you get exactly what you need to be back at fighting fitness.

You notice about half way through the day a dozen or so tough looking guys and a pair of lawyer looking types trail in after a downright gorgeous woman. Has she been in a movie? They check in, and you overhear they’ve booked the whole top floor to themselves.

x92gruslibwl.jpeg

Would you investigate / charm the lady?

Ryder! Regardless of your choice, you have earned an extra, temporary Hit Die (d10).

Lyn

“Let’s get down to business! To perfect, your buns!”, an altogether too excited fitness instructor sings.

l7hegiatendz.jpeg

You spend the day training your body and mind. You don’t come across anything out of the ordinary for a change.

Lyn! You have earned a permanent +1 to Athletics! You also earn an Inspiration die!

edited May 2022
    Cyr

You head out with those that follow and catch an oogeek* to the nearest bazaar. As is law, the place is shaded and shady. Veiled open markets and folks stage whispering “Psst.” from holes make up the majority, with only a few more established tents for the eldest merchants. The whole place smells of a dozen spices. The merchants are the unusual sort of wizards and warlocks, the odd djinn or dubiously sanctified undead—they’ve got papers they’ll wave in anyone’s face that questions them about it. The customers on the other hand are, mostly, you guys, the same kind of people as the merchants, or wealthy folks in black sunglasses travelling in from Gods knows where.

Today, between the chaff and cursed items, you spy some decent deals from a friendly looking old merchant.

qkp9l0djdqos.jpeg

“Ahh… yes… all my items are hand made, traditional magic items. Humanely sourced hand made, traditional magic items…” he hisses, cheerily.

Jade Prosthetic Leg
    120 gold
    This item replaces a lost right leg. While the prosthetic is attached, it functions identically to the part it replaces. You can detach or reattach it as an action, and it can't be removed against your will. It detaches if you die.

As a bonus action, you can flex a muscle to open a compartment large enough to house a bottle of whiskey.

Rosewood Bracelets
    100 gold, requires attunement
    When you wear these bracelets, once per short rest, you may choose to have a damaging spells damage type be radiant instead.

Dread Conch
    80 gold
    As an action, you can put your ear to this conch shell to give yourself the frightened condition. This removes all other conditions you may be suffering. While frightened you must drop the conch and move away from it on your turn.

Everbright Flashlight
    40 gold
    A standard looking clip-on flashlight that never goes out. It sheds bright light in a cone out to 120 feet. Someone has stuck googly eyes on it.

Mood Ring
    200 gold, required attunement
    As a reaction, once per short rest, state how you feel and gain a bonus until the end of your next turn.
    Happy: You gain +1 AC.
    Angry: You gain +1 damage.
    Sad: You gain +1 to Wisdom saving throws.

While you wear this ring you cannot lie.

Silver Scimitar of the Whirling Dervish
    200 gold
    1d6+1, finesse, light, magic
    When you move further than 10 feet on your turn this weapon deals +1d4 damage.
    Enchantment allows the silver to remain sharp, making it an effective weapon against those weak to silver.

Salty Pipe
    40 gold
    This long, delicate wooden pipe features a bowl made from smooth river stone. When the pipe is lit smoke exhaled from it does not dissipate, instead lingering around the bearer. After 10 minutes, the smoke forms moving shapes that reenact the bearer's most impressive and heroic achievements for 5 minutes. When this realistic performance is complete, the smoke dissipates. The pipe can't be used this way again until the next dawn.

Hailfire Arrows x 5
    30 gold each
    This black glass arrows shatter against their targets, dealing an extra 2d8 fire damage in a 15 foot cube.

You can also barter for a lower price with Persuasion. The better the roll, the lower they’ll go.
    You may also offer something in trade instead, but you don’t have much on you…

Skateboard of the Hawk
    150 gold
    Your speed is increased by 10 feet while you ride this skateboard. On difficult terrain you must succeed on a 10 DC Acrobatics skill check to stay on the skateboard, or fall prone.

As a bonus action directly after making an attack action on your turn, you may attempt a trick with the skateboard. Make an Acrobatics skill check. If the roll exceeds your target’s AC, you gain a Trick die (1d4) which may be added to a skill check, attack action or a saving throw. If you roll exactly the target’s AC, you may move up to 20 feet as a reaction without provoking an attack of opportunity. If you roll lower you take 1d4+Trick dice in bludgeoning damage, if you have any.

This skateboard can be used as a shield, granting you +1 AC.

There’s much more besides, if you ask around, but it might cost you just to get information for who is selling what and where. You bet that extra shady looking guy with the frog would know…

pet1f2vt10lq.jpeg

*A marvellous orc invention. Basically, an orc throws you into a wheelbarrow and sprints to wherever you’re headed. Cheap but the results speak for themselves.

Endless_Serpents on
    edited May 2022
    Ryder approaches with a confidence that can only really be described as 'Ryder'. As he is in full relaxation mode, he's just wearing the bathrobe from his hotel room (with undergarments, of course), so his thin, yet toned physique is readily visible. "Hi, I'm Ryder. I love the beard, what kind of conditioner do you use? It's absolutely gorgeous."

Geth roll 1d20+3 for Persuasion

Ryder has two kinds of people he finds attractive, those who like him (he's fairly narcissistic), and those who get his attention. Those who get his attention are either very flashy / well put together or capable of something he's not (example: the man from the mess hall can cook, Ryder can't).

Edit: Hoo boy, that 1 is gonna be embarrassing for Ryder.

Persuasion:
    1d20+3 4 [1d20=1]

Zomro on
    Maggie spends the first part of her first night looking for a place to exchange gems for cash. She wishes to get a good a price as she can for the 3 lapis lazuli gems and pearl she found. Once sold, she returns to the hotel, speaks to the concierge to place 1/5th of the proceeds from the gem sale plus 2gp in each of her teammates' names so they have some more dosh for the next day at the bazaar.

She's about to leave for her room but remembers to add a fine elven dagger for each member as well, "To do with as they please." Finally, she discretely packages up the electrum infernal symbol Luhtieria owned and leaves it for Sug along with a note that reads "Sug, Luthieria was carrying this. As the local druid-type, I thought you may find this of interest. It has some bad juju vibes, and for that I apologize. Handle with care. Your fellow 69er in 'Nice.', Maggie"

With all of that done she retires to her room, happy to get out of her uniform and slip into a nice, hot, long bath. During her soak she starts reading "The Holy Testament of Gith". After what must be hours, she finally places a bookmark in the book, exits the bath, puts on a gloriously comfortable robe, and orders room service. After her very late dinner she reads bit more of the book and finally falls into slumber.

The next day is for shopping! In the morning she makes a list of spells to add to her spellbook: Find Familiar, Shield, Mage Armor, Misty Step, and Suggestion. She'll put a call in to HQ for them, but also keep an eye out for bargains at the bazaar. Her main goal, however, is to seek estimates to get the alchemist's robes repaired and tailored for her. Once done with that task, she will explore the bazaar!

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    "Yeeeesssssssssss" Sug says quietly as the hotel stay is mentioned.

Finding himself in a swanky hotel room, Sug lays down in the comfortable bed wrapped in a soft fabric robe, flipping through the room service menu. He thought about getting a massage, or maybe checking out the pool, but instead he ended up spending the entire night laying down in his room, watching different projections, and ordering various appetizers which he expensed to the company. It was a free stay after all. His favorite was a bread they had rolled out thinly, formed roughly in a circle, and spread various tomatoes, meats, and cheeses on. He couldn't remember the name of it, but it was delicious.

He woke up the next morning with a groan, still wrapped in a robe with blankets and pillows tossed all around, he pulls himself out of bed. He goes over to his trench coat, but finds a slash in it from the battle yesterday. With a frown, he throws on a hooded shirt and some pants. Then he spends time, probably too much, trying out different colors on his glasses, finally landing on a nice ruby red. Content with his outfit, he heads out to meet everyone who was headed over to the bazaar.

As they look over the goods, Sug almost lets out a scream of excitement as his eyes land on one item. A skateboard. "Woah!" he whispers to himself. Examining it further, he runs a finger over the top of the board before tapping it a few times. It was solid, and would do some good as a shield, but more importantly it was rad looking. "I'll take one my dude." he says immediately to the old merchant, handing over 150 gold without a thought to trying to bargain the cost down any further.

I was going to do a post and wait for everyone else that is going to the bazaar to arrive, but there's no way I can miss out on that skateboard.

Also, if anyone is looking to spend a little more than they have, let's say you know that Sug is pretty casual with money so ask about it. Want to RP it out, but throwing it out there that he's not 100% attached to keeping every gold piece he finds.

Today I have decided not to update because I am very very old.

edited May 2022
    Ryder

She doesn’t speak the language (or is acting as if). A couple of burly dwarves in suits muscle in between you both—you can tell they’ve got arrow proof vests on underneath. She’s gone before you know it.

As the elevator likes flick from one floor to the next, you notice she’s dropped a scrap of scrunched up paper. It has three words written on it with dashes in between: Horse — Raven — Leopard. That’s it.

Following her to see if she’s up to something has now become a stealth mission, your face is known and unwanted… plus you might just be being a creep if it turns out she’s of no concern, which is not cool.

You hear quiet laughter to your left. A goblin wearing just a towel on their head points at you and says, “You are a flapjack! A cold and alonelymost flapjack!”

You suffer 1 psychic damage.

Maggie

You quickly find an old gnomish jeweller to take your finds off your hands for 60 gold. Not the best possible price but quick and above board.

The Holy Testament of Gith
    Lo and heed! The forerunners rose up
    From beneath the Heel of the Conquerers
    Mind and body steeled by faith
    The tip of their spear so named Gith
    Warrior queen and saviour to All.

Like all religious texts, it’s half myth, half proverbs, all grandiose. You learn that there were a people enslaved, who rebelled against mind controlling fiends and then, later, split into two sects. Hm, what a coincidence you should fight a foe that could control minds just before getting this book… An addendum part way through the book tells that the Gith have reunited as one race in modern times. That’s nice.

It takes a while, and costs you 5 gold just to find them, but there is a tailor who weaves in enchantment near the bazaar.

When you meet with her, the first thing she does it tut.

“Oh. What a terrible state.”

You haven’t got the robes out yet.

She makes a bull’s horns with both hands and looks down in prayer, “Thank Vortifex you came by today.”

5eknjnclc02h.jpeg

“I am Manuela Manuela, of the Daemonvella Manuelas. Charmed.”

Price for tailoring is negotiable. But first you must buy a set of fine clothes for 40 gold. Manuela cannot work with you in your usual attire.

Assassinate Doubt
    ntn55z7c2hb4.jpeg

You have advantage on Deception skill checks made in a nightclub while you wear these fine clothes.

Blood in the Water
    rieq64rovoev.jpeg

You have advantage on Insight skill checks against anyone you have insulted until the next dawn.

Sweet Poison
    iaexv95mom16.jpeg

When you charm, poison or frighten a target, they also take 1d6 damage.

Shatter All the Lying Mirrors
    vtudpftshym8.jpeg

You have advantage on saving throws made against fear while wearing these fine clothes. You have disadvantage on all Stealth skill checks while wearing these fine clothes.

Endless_Serpents on