This thread is for discussion of the leaked decision from the Supreme Court that would overturn Roe v Wade. Discussion for and around that topic are to be kept confined to this thread in D&D.
Here's a brief overview of what's happening:
Politico is a site that covers US Politics:
The Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade, according to an initial draft majority opinion written by Justice Samuel Alito and obtained by POLITICO.
“We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled,” Alito writes.
Abby D Phillip is a political correspondent at CNN:
BREAKING: Chief Justice Roberts confirms the authenticity of the ruling obtained by POLITICO: "This was a singular and egregious breach of that trust that is an affront to the Court and the community of public servants who work here." He is asking for an investigation.
Here are some ground rules for the thread. Please read these, as we will be enforcing them:
- The 2016 election is off-topic. Nobody has anything new to say, nobody is going to convince anyone else to change their mind, and we don't need it used as a cudgel to yell at each other over.
- These forums are publicly indexed, meaning that search engines will return results from the forums. Don't openly say how you're going to or want to do illegal shit in posts on this forum. It'll get us in trouble, and it'll get you in trouble.
- Keep discussion in this thread to actions that are directly related to this upcoming decision. That can be a broader topic than it seems, and it's a bit of a moving target, so bear with us as we all narrow it down. Please work with us on this.
- These forums are not a place for you to yell at each other. I understand tensions are very high right now, but this cannot be a place for you to vent that anger, no matter how righteous it is. Channel that energy somewhere else, please.
- This is still D&D, which is an on-topic forum. I understand the need to shitpost, but this isn't the place for it.
If you'll allow me to get on a soapbox, here's one thing I'd like to ask of everyone
. I don't want anyone here sitting smugly thinking that "they finally told off that other person!" I'm talking about you, as well. This is a pretty momentous decision, and a lot of us are very angry about it, and it's very easy to slide into hopelessness. Nothing I can say here is going to assuage any of that. All I can ask is that you do your best to not take it out on each other. I feel pretty confident that this forum is mostly on the same side on this issue, and I'd like everyone to remember that going forward. Here's one thing that I think is very worth noting: nobody here is responsible for this. I don't care who they voted for, I don't care when they voted for them, I don't care who they campaigned for. The people on this forum are not meant to be stand-ins for the people who make these decisions, and they're not to be your outlet for that anger. When I say take that anger and point it elsewhere, I mean it, even if "elsewhere," means you go on Twitter, or into my DMs and call me an asshole. I mean, please don't DM me to call me an asshole, that's rude, but whatever.
Anyways: I know I'm shouting into the void here, but please, please
try and give each other some benefit of the doubt.