As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Marvel TV] Moon Knight is a wrap, Ms Marvel stretches June 8 OPEN SPOILERS

2456

Posts

  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    It's funny because real hippos are like slaughter machines.

    I always wonder how much of the hippos kill count is from innate blood thirstiness, and how much is dumbass tourists wanting to play with the cute wildlife.

    I mean, a croc or a gator looks like it'll kill you, like they're designed to not be bothered. They're swimming "don't fuck with me" signs with armor plates claws and teeth.
    But a hippo? It looks like a big cow floating happily in the water. Surely it would like a little scritch behind the ears... And then the tourists find out.

    The problem isn't so much you trying to scritch them behind the ears; it's more that you exist and are breathing their air.

    And as I understand it they can occasionally be surprisingly hard to spot. Mostly because they will be completely submerged in water and explode out through your boat Jaws style. They really should be featured more as the killer creatures we should all fear in movies.

    HevachFencingsaxMvrckXantomasGONG-00
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    McRhyno wrote: »
    You can't punt a hippo

    No, but a hippo can punt you.

    McRhynoGnizmoShadowenMichaelLCToxFencingsaxAbsoluteZeroAegeriboogedybooGONG-00
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    It's funny because real hippos are like slaughter machines.

    I always wonder how much of the hippos kill count is from innate blood thirstiness, and how much is dumbass tourists wanting to play with the cute wildlife.

    I mean, a croc or a gator looks like it'll kill you, like they're designed to not be bothered. They're swimming "don't fuck with me" signs with armor plates claws and teeth.
    But a hippo? It looks like a big cow floating happily in the water. Surely it would like a little scritch behind the ears... And then the tourists find out.

    The problem isn't so much you trying to scritch them behind the ears; it's more that you exist and are breathing their air.

    And as I understand it they can occasionally be surprisingly hard to spot. Mostly because they will be completely submerged in water and explode out through your boat Jaws style. They really should be featured more as the killer creatures we should all fear in movies.

    From the producers of Clue, Battleship, and Candyland: The Great Lollipop Adventure:
    zegfrzyy6wci.jpg

    I'd rather be led by a comedian than ruled by a joke.
    DracomicronShadowenchrono_travellertzeentchlingSnicketysnickMechMantisShadowfireHappylilElfPailryderGnizmoMichaelLCNobeardMatevFencingsaxsee317XantomasMcFodderMunkus BeaverMcRhynoKruiteWarlock82CptHamiltonjimb213MagellWhelkAegeriboogedybooGONG-00Spoit
  • LJDouglasLJDouglas Registered User regular
    One thing that makes people underestimate hippos is, looking as round as they do, the natural assumption is they have a similarly thick fat layer to a lot of water dwelling mammals. They actually have a surprisingly thin fat layer, most of their bulk is all muscle. Their speed underwater doesn't come from their ability to swim, they're dense enough they sink to the bottom and run along it. Also the terrifyingly huge teeth their big goofy lips cover up.

    FencingsaxCanadianWolverine
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    So as more time passes my view might change but i think this is my ranking of the TV shows
    Hawkeye
    Moon Knight
    Loki
    What If
    Wanda Vision
    Falcon and Winter Soldier

    AlphaRomeroPeewiWarlock82
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    It's funny because real hippos are like slaughter machines.

    I always wonder how much of the hippos kill count is from innate blood thirstiness, and how much is dumbass tourists wanting to play with the cute wildlife.

    I mean, a croc or a gator looks like it'll kill you, like they're designed to not be bothered. They're swimming "don't fuck with me" signs with armor plates claws and teeth.
    But a hippo? It looks like a big cow floating happily in the water. Surely it would like a little scritch behind the ears... And then the tourists find out.

    The problem isn't so much you trying to scritch them behind the ears; it's more that you exist and are breathing their air.

    And as I understand it they can occasionally be surprisingly hard to spot. Mostly because they will be completely submerged in water and explode out through your boat Jaws style. They really should be featured more as the killer creatures we should all fear in movies.

    The best endorsement for how dangerous hippos are is when Steve Irwin came across some while filming other animals. Steve "Oh Crikey look at how angry I've made him" Irwin took one look and just quietly talked about how dangerous they were from like a 100 yards away. When they noticed him and his crew, he immediately left the area without hesitation.

    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    NobeardMatevFencingsaxGnizmoShadowfirekimeTofystedethtzeentchlingShadowenCanadianWolverineMcFodderKnuckle DraggerthatassemblyguyKruiteWhelkAegeriboogedybooGONG-00
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    1. WandaVision
    2. Loki
    3. Everything else

    Ep2 of WandaVision in particular I really loved. I’m sure nostalgia from watching Nick at Night back in the 90s plays a part of this, but it really is just delightful.

    I'm not saying we are going to have an autocratic dystopia, but things keep happening that look like they come from an autocratic dystopia.
    autono-wally, erotibot300
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Not sure if this has been posted, but -
    At the end when Marc wakes up, he's surprised by the shackle, because he's not the one Konshu wakes up. Jake is.

  • McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    It's funny because real hippos are like slaughter machines.

    I always wonder how much of the hippos kill count is from innate blood thirstiness, and how much is dumbass tourists wanting to play with the cute wildlife.

    I mean, a croc or a gator looks like it'll kill you, like they're designed to not be bothered. They're swimming "don't fuck with me" signs with armor plates claws and teeth.
    But a hippo? It looks like a big cow floating happily in the water. Surely it would like a little scritch behind the ears... And then the tourists find out.

    The problem isn't so much you trying to scritch them behind the ears; it's more that you exist and are breathing their air.

    And as I understand it they can occasionally be surprisingly hard to spot. Mostly because they will be completely submerged in water and explode out through your boat Jaws style. They really should be featured more as the killer creatures we should all fear in movies.

    From the producers of Clue, Battleship, and Candyland: The Great Lollipop Adventure:
    zegfrzyy6wci.jpg

    I am dead. Arrest @Knuckle Dragger for my murder

    PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
    Knuckle Draggerchrono_traveller
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    All it needs is "A Michael Bay Production" on the poster.

    thatassemblyguy
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Two things:

    1 - I just YouTubed hippo attack because I was like "they can't be THAT scary" and the first video is a hippo grabbing a lion by its HEAD and throwing it.

    2 - apparently a Disney+ listing went up briefly that said She Hulk was August.

    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    Shadowfire
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Side note:

    Konshu and Amit are obviously fighting right now... though it is daytime over in Egypt.

    mIGRDY5l.jpg

    He/Him
    Shadowenmxmarkschrono_travellerMichaelLCthatassemblyguyMatevkimeShadowfireHappylilElftzeentchlingTofystedethKruiteAegeriboogedybooTox
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Nah, its turning red, its obviously a sign that Wanda is messing around with reality.

    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    AthenorthatassemblyguyRhesus Positive
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Two things:

    1 - I just YouTubed hippo attack because I was like "they can't be THAT scary" and the first video is a hippo grabbing a lion by its HEAD and throwing it.

    2 - apparently a Disney+ listing went up briefly that said She Hulk was August.

    If it's the same first one I saw, that's actually a compilation. Despite including things like dragging a rhino into the water and standing on it until the bubbles stop, I think the real highlight is the hippo that tried really hard to kill a whole pack of wild dogs, and when he realized it would take too long, walks up behind an antelope, picks it up and throws it at the rest of the dogs.

    mxmarks
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    So as more time passes my view might change but i think this is my ranking of the TV shows
    Hawkeye
    Moon Knight
    Loki
    What If
    Wanda Vision
    Falcon and Winter Soldier

    This is probably close to my order. Maybe WandaVision would be higher, I'm really not sure. I feel like there need to be a bunch of blank spaces to separate whatever second to last is from Falcon and the Winter Soldier tho :P I still *liked* that show ok but man it was several degrees worse than everything else they've done (it honestly probably doesn't help that they had to completely write out a global pandemic subplot at the last minute :P).

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    FaWS gets a lot of undeserved.... not hate, but... unlike? Moon Knight relies a LOT on Oscar Isaac's acting, and Layle + Tahamet (sp) being awesome individually/together. The episodes outside of the "Marc is dead" episode really trended to just "ok".

    More to the point, FaWS and Hawkeye (and I guess technically What If) have the advantages that they felt "complete", and FaWS managed to have most of the meat on it's bones in the mid episodes and was really good there. Hawkeye was mostly just fan service and street level characters channeling their best moments and I was totally there for it.

    I LIKED WandaVision, but it really had too much going on and spent time introducing characters and building them up (or sometimes not) to have them play a pivotal role in the finale but... otherwise do little with them as characters (White Vision and Photon mostly).

    In general, my review of the MCU TV so far (and a lot of late gen prestige streaming in general) is the push to get ep counts down has gone from "distilling the essence" to "not enough time to breath" to "ok, we REALLY need more space to just tell the base story well".

    I know I've argued in these threads about movie run times vs these series, but the more I've thought about it and spent time with it, I disagree with my previous self. I suspect it has a LOT to do with the nature of episodic writing, but not sure. Maybe the series are trying to pack too much in, and would benefit from their story being slimmed down with the same runtime.

  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Hydropolo wrote: »
    More to the point, FaWS and Hawkeye (and I guess technically What If) have the advantages that they felt "complete", and FaWS managed to have most of the meat on it's bones in the mid episodes and was really good there. Hawkeye was mostly just fan service and street level characters channeling their best moments and I was totally there for it.

    Also, it helped that the titular character was like the third most important protagonist in his own show, and maybe the fifth most interesting character overall.

    You take out Kate and Yelena's time together, that show drops a ranking. You take out one or another completely, it drops again. You take out both, and it becomes the worst of the shows.

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 16
    Hydropolo wrote: »
    FaWS gets a lot of undeserved.... not hate, but... unlike? Moon Knight relies a LOT on Oscar Isaac's acting, and Layle + Tahamet (sp) being awesome individually/together. The episodes outside of the "Marc is dead" episode really trended to just "ok".

    More to the point, FaWS and Hawkeye (and I guess technically What If) have the advantages that they felt "complete", and FaWS managed to have most of the meat on it's bones in the mid episodes and was really good there. Hawkeye was mostly just fan service and street level characters channeling their best moments and I was totally there for it.

    I LIKED WandaVision, but it really had too much going on and spent time introducing characters and building them up (or sometimes not) to have them play a pivotal role in the finale but... otherwise do little with them as characters (White Vision and Photon mostly).

    In general, my review of the MCU TV so far (and a lot of late gen prestige streaming in general) is the push to get ep counts down has gone from "distilling the essence" to "not enough time to breath" to "ok, we REALLY need more space to just tell the base story well".

    I know I've argued in these threads about movie run times vs these series, but the more I've thought about it and spent time with it, I disagree with my previous self. I suspect it has a LOT to do with the nature of episodic writing, but not sure. Maybe the series are trying to pack too much in, and would benefit from their story being slimmed down with the same runtime.

    FatWS was ok but I mean, the dude stands up for literal terrorists and says don't call them terrorists. And then there's like a five minute speech at the end where he just says "do better" over and over without offering any solutions :P The show had a lot of problems :P Honestly I found Bucky's story in there way more compelling. And I actually like Falcon as a character a ton (Anthony Mackie does an awesome job). He just wasn't given a super great script here IMO. (I'm a little disappointed the same writers are working on his next movie but fingers crossed it's better than this)

    I agree Moon Knight relies a ton of Oscar Isaac's acting, but I mean, his acting was amazing and elevated that show a TON for me. If someone else was in that role it's very unlikely I'd place it that high on the list.

    But Hawkeye's still my favorite. I disagree that he's not an important protagonist in his own show. Like half the show revolves around him coming to terms with all the bad shit he did as Ronin. I was loving the show even before Yelena showed up - she just made it even more awesome. But they could have taken her out and I still think it would have been my favorite of them all (you can't take out Kate, the show literally doesn't exist without Kate).

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    DracomicronPailryder
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    So as more time passes my view might change but i think this is my ranking of the TV shows
    Hawkeye
    Moon Knight
    Loki
    What If
    Wanda Vision
    Falcon and Winter Soldier

    This is mine:

    Hawkeye
    Falcon and Winter Soldier
    Loki
    Moon Knight
    Wanda Vision
    What If


    Hawkeye was the big surprise as to how much I enjoyed it. FatWS was second mostly because I love Mackie and Stan and how they interact. It was just a really fun action series to me.

    To be honest, there isn't one that I've disliked, but some that I just enjoyed less. What If is probably the closest to a dud for me. It was a fun idea that I just don't think they did everything they could have with it.

    I really wish they would put these on bluray though so I can grab the few that I loved enough to buy physically like that.

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I would rate Moon Knight higher, personally, but the finale kinda felt rushed.

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    kimeFencingsaxTofystedeth
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    If moon knight goes to Jupiter does he get ridiculously strong?

    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I get the joke but no, his strength is granted by a god, not the moon itself. Which leads to an interesting consideration of where the gods get their power from.

    kimeFencingsax
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    wellllll technically under the right circumstances Moon Knight in the comics has punched well above his weight thanks to moon shenanigans. Lunanigans, if you will.

    Symbolically, e.g., uru is moon rock, so he was able to take control of Mjolnir from Thor.

    Pailryder
  • McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    It's hard to dislike anything Anthony Mackie is in. I said before that Hemsworth is the Schwarzenegger heir but I've changed my mind. Anthony Mackie is always himself but presents a full human person and you can drop him into any genre.

    PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Hydropolo wrote: »
    FaWS gets a lot of undeserved.... not hate, but... unlike? Moon Knight relies a LOT on Oscar Isaac's acting, and Layle + Tahamet (sp) being awesome individually/together. The episodes outside of the "Marc is dead" episode really trended to just "ok".

    More to the point, FaWS and Hawkeye (and I guess technically What If) have the advantages that they felt "complete", and FaWS managed to have most of the meat on it's bones in the mid episodes and was really good there. Hawkeye was mostly just fan service and street level characters channeling their best moments and I was totally there for it.

    I LIKED WandaVision, but it really had too much going on and spent time introducing characters and building them up (or sometimes not) to have them play a pivotal role in the finale but... otherwise do little with them as characters (White Vision and Photon mostly).

    In general, my review of the MCU TV so far (and a lot of late gen prestige streaming in general) is the push to get ep counts down has gone from "distilling the essence" to "not enough time to breath" to "ok, we REALLY need more space to just tell the base story well".

    I know I've argued in these threads about movie run times vs these series, but the more I've thought about it and spent time with it, I disagree with my previous self. I suspect it has a LOT to do with the nature of episodic writing, but not sure. Maybe the series are trying to pack too much in, and would benefit from their story being slimmed down with the same runtime.

    FatWS was ok but I mean, the dude stands up for literal terrorists and says don't call them terrorists. And then there's like a five minute speech at the end where he just says "do better" over and over without offering any solutions :P The show had a lot of problems :P Honestly I found Bucky's story in there way more compelling. And I actually like Falcon as a character a ton (Anthony Mackie does an awesome job). He just wasn't given a super great script here IMO. (I'm a little disappointed the same writers are working on his next movie but fingers crossed it's better than this)

    I agree Moon Knight relies a ton of Oscar Isaac's acting, but I mean, his acting was amazing and elevated that show a TON for me. If someone else was in that role it's very unlikely I'd place it that high on the list.

    But Hawkeye's still my favorite. I disagree that he's not an important protagonist in his own show. Like half the show revolves around him coming to terms with all the bad shit he did as Ronin. I was loving the show even before Yelena showed up - she just made it even more awesome. But they could have taken her out and I still think it would have been my favorite of them all (you can't take out Kate, the show literally doesn't exist without Kate).

    With regards to the FaWS stuff, this is why I said most of the good meat is in the mid episodes, when dealing with the legacy of Race and the United States. This is where I think they actually would have preferred to or been better off dealing with right wing domestic terrorism instead of the group they did. They hit a lot of the same notes but made the cause TOO amenable. They may have also felt that right wing white supremacist types was too on the head while dealing with the legacy of race in the same show for most viewers.

    ShadowenCanadianWolverine
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 16
    I think that the biggest flops in the MCU tend to be when the thing clearly exists for setup for something else. WandaVision was good when they were running with the whole ‘period sitcom’ conceit and tanked pretty hard whenever they dropped it, which also turned out to be the parts that were just setting up for Dr Strange

    Javen on
    Fencingsax
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 16
    Yeah, one reason I liked Moon Night so much is that they didn't have a "WATCH THIS TO WATCH THE NEXT THING", which I feel most of the other shows did.

    Also, why would it be a detriment that it relied on Oscar when he killed it?

    Fencingsax on
    DracomicronMunkus Beaver
  • HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Yeah, one reason I liked Moon Night so much is that they didn't have a "WATCH THIS TO WATCH THE NEXT THING", which I feel most of the other shows did.

    Also, why would it be a detriment that it relied on Oscar when he killed it?

    It's more that the rest of the show as a LOT weaker. Most of Moon Knight was not exceptional (that's not to say it was bad). Like, Ethan Hawke's Harrow was fine, but he's otherwise a middling MCU villain. Most of the push of the bad guys to find the death god's burial site seemed to just string along to allow the good guys to do what they needed to do, at whatever pace they needed to do it. Obviously this is not an unusual thing, it just seemed EXCESSIVELY obvious here. I suppose the refreshing change is that instead of the good guys seeming to have plot armor, it seemed like the bad guys and their plan did here. Again, the difference between MK with Oscar Isaac and without is the difference between "oh that was fun" and "OH, that had some really great parts".


    Also, to be clear, I don't mean to knock anyone's opinion, just rather to dig at it and discuss it. :smile:

    I also think, imho, that WhatIf was probably my "least" liked (or least rewatchable) of the series so far. Fun distraction... some things I'd like to get back to... their version of "The Avengers" was neat too, but... overall, I could take or leave it.

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I think Harrow rises above most MCU villains because when he puts on the charm, it's actually effective. When he's helping Steven deal with Konshu, his demeanor and tone are fantastic. There's a genuine sense of him wanting to make the world a better place, but his methods are completely unreasonable. I feel like he's better at the Thanos gig than Thanos was, to the point of being willing to "snap" himself when he learned he was unworthy.

    Kipling217DracomicronMichaelLCNobodyShadowfireFencingsaxAnteCantelopeAimkimeCojo MojocursedkingMatevRhesus PositiveChiselphaneZeroCowGONG-00HeirSpoit
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    its weird because i can see why other people love mackie but he just hasn't landed well for me. I don't think he's a detractor but of the shows performances about the only standout one was the bank scene, for me.
    whereas hawkeye as the tired of this bullshit guy just worked, and it really felt like kate and yelena were like...let's have some FUN where falcon was like "big important thing". WandaVision is tough as others have said because i think it sets up this weird wacky what's going on and the end result is just another setup for something else. Loki was lower because the ending didn't stick well even though the setup of the TVA and the characters was a lot of fun. Moon Knight was just a great new set of scenery and characters and even ethan as the bad guy that has a pretty good reason to be pissed off (konshu is an ahole) it is freshest so it might drop later.

  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    I am merciful towards FaWS because it was caught up in the entire COVID mess and that forced major rewrites of the plot that affected the story. The was supposed to be a subplot about how the refugees not getting medical supplies and such from the council thingy aka real grievances. It was supposed to go first instead of WandaVision.

    Instead they had to rip out the core of several episodes, re-frame action set pieces and generally rejigger the whole thing on the fly. That never gets the best results.

    For me What If is at the bottom. Sure it had its moments, but even its best wasn't that good. The animation was that weird CG half2d- half 3d thing that always looks cheap. Either go all CGI or all 2D.

    Communicating from the last of the Babylon Stations.
    Warlock82Spoit
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    its weird because i can see why other people love mackie but he just hasn't landed well for me. I don't think he's a detractor but of the shows performances about the only standout one was the bank scene, for me.
    whereas hawkeye as the tired of this bullshit guy just worked, and it really felt like kate and yelena were like...let's have some FUN where falcon was like "big important thing". WandaVision is tough as others have said because i think it sets up this weird wacky what's going on and the end result is just another setup for something else. Loki was lower because the ending didn't stick well even though the setup of the TVA and the characters was a lot of fun. Moon Knight was just a great new set of scenery and characters and even ethan as the bad guy that has a pretty good reason to be pissed off (konshu is an ahole) it is freshest so it might drop later.

    I appreciate them doing different stories with different series. I think that's cool. And they had an obvious (and good!) agenda with FatWS.

    6pjjbachasj2.jpg

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    kimeShadowenMvrckDracomicronRhesus PositiveCanadianWolverinetzeentchlingAnti-SeanHappylilElfAbsoluteZeroMcFodderbrynhrtmnautono-wally, erotibot300Heir
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    finished moon knight

    I absolutely loved everything up to the last 15 minutes and now I wish I hadn't bothered

    what a completely shitty non ending

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    finished moon knight

    I absolutely loved everything up to the last 15 minutes and now I wish I hadn't bothered

    what a completely shitty non ending

    Wait, what?

    kimechrono_traveller
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 17
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    finished moon knight

    I absolutely loved everything up to the last 15 minutes and now I wish I hadn't bothered

    what a completely shitty non ending

    Wait, what?

    that's exactly what I said after 2 episodes dedicated to balancing scales and coming to terms was shit on after a kaiju fight

    also lol at moon knights flying sounds

    edit: or was it 3 episodes dedicated to that? I binged it. Regardless, the only thing that would have made it worse was if #3 was a skrull

    Xaquin on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Oh, I completely disagree. Huh.

    kimeHappylilElf
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    that's your call and I'm happy for people who liked the ending, but I don't think there's any real way to reconcile that 80% of the resolutions ended with a 'jklol' and a further 15% of the resolutions may or may not be imaginary.

    Scarlet Scarab is awesome though despite not being scarlet.

  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Pailryder wrote: »
    its weird because i can see why other people love mackie but he just hasn't landed well for me. I don't think he's a detractor but of the shows performances about the only standout one was the bank scene, for me.
    whereas hawkeye as the tired of this bullshit guy just worked, and it really felt like kate and yelena were like...let's have some FUN where falcon was like "big important thing". WandaVision is tough as others have said because i think it sets up this weird wacky what's going on and the end result is just another setup for something else. Loki was lower because the ending didn't stick well even though the setup of the TVA and the characters was a lot of fun. Moon Knight was just a great new set of scenery and characters and even ethan as the bad guy that has a pretty good reason to be pissed off (konshu is an ahole) it is freshest so it might drop later.

    I appreciate them doing different stories with different series. I think that's cool. And they had an obvious (and good!) agenda with FatWS.

    6pjjbachasj2.jpg

    Pfft, I wish. The crumbs of that we got were certainly the best part, but felt like we coulda had a whole sandwich!

    Oh brilliant
    TychoCelchuuuhonoverebrynhrtmn
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    that's your call and I'm happy for people who liked the ending, but I don't think there's any real way to reconcile that 80% of the resolutions ended with a 'jklol' and a further 15% of the resolutions may or may not be imaginary.

    Scarlet Scarab is awesome though despite not being scarlet.

    Wait, what resolutions are imaginary, I'm kind of confused?

    Tofystedeth
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 17
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    that's your call and I'm happy for people who liked the ending, but I don't think there's any real way to reconcile that 80% of the resolutions ended with a 'jklol' and a further 15% of the resolutions may or may not be imaginary.

    Scarlet Scarab is awesome though despite not being scarlet.

    Wait, what resolutions are imaginary, I'm kind of confused?

    me too!

    was the psychiatric hospital in the end real? Cause it kind of seemed like there were bodies in there that shouldn't have been. If the hospital was real, how were those bodies there? If it wasn't is Ethan Hawke dead?

    It -kind- of seemed to me that all the psych wards were in everyone's various minds so having the finalish scene be in one for real(?) seems like a poor choice

    another unrelated split hair is why did all of the gods avatars suck except the three (four) (five lol)

    edit: I really loved the series until the final 15 minutes!

    Xaquin on
Sign In or Register to comment.