As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The One Where [Chat] Eats A Soup Tube

2456799

Posts

  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited May 12
    In "People are buying good things" news, Elden Ring has sold 13.4 million in a month, and Metroid Dread is the best selling Metroid game ever.

    Yay! Two things I like that other people like, thereby validating my opinion forever.

    jungleroomx on
    GiantGeek2020StarZapper
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @Hakkekage COVID sucks. But if you are vaccinated and boosted at least for us it wasn't that bad. Like a really bad cold but not quiet the flu for about 3-5 days. I had a cough that took a month to go away but my immune system is suppressed. My GF was over it fine in after about 4-5 days and started testing negative.

    Got it in an event with 90% of my friends at a house. And one friend's fiancee never got it though she did and they hosted the party. So the world might spite you and Beast never gets it.

    u7stthr17eud.png
    HakkekageGiantGeek2020Neco
  • ChanusChanus Benny Harvey -RIP-Registered User regular
    hakkes i'm sorry you didn't get the memo that COVID is over now

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    jungleroomxTumincB557ArchA Kobold's KoboldHakkekageNecoRhesus PositivemarajiAimIncenjucar
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I just got the weirdest sensation that I've seen Motörhead live but can't really be sure.

    PSN: Honkalot
  • ChanusChanus Benny Harvey -RIP-Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I just got the weirdest sensation that I've seen Motörhead live but can't really be sure.

    what were you doing in 1977

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    AtomikaamateurhourJebusUDHahnsoo1maraji
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Current COVID isn't the same beast from 2020, thankfully.

    Mazzyx
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    How does one go about ingesting the soup tube?

  • ChanusChanus Benny Harvey -RIP-Registered User regular
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Current COVID isn't the same beast from 2020, thankfully.

    Its super infectious.

    Not nearly as deadly for most folks.

    Probably the worst COVID to get was last October with Delta.

    That shit was real bad.

    Omicron and the new Omicron b2 variant are on the COVID scale way less bad. Especially if you are a healthy vaccinated person.

    u7stthr17eud.png
  • ChanusChanus Benny Harvey -RIP-Registered User regular
    Current COVID isn't the same beast from 2020, thankfully.

    *if you're vaccinated

    it's still pretty terrible for people who aren't or can't be

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudGiantGeek2020maraji
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also universe showing its butthole.

    6zcnfguulwzp.png

    u7stthr17eud.png
    Chanus
  • AtomikaAtomika Socially lubricated for your pleasure Registered User regular
    E.T. is actually short for “Escobar Trujillo”

    Chanus
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I'm sorry Amy

    Those things aren't true. You're very selfless!

    I mean, I like to think so. 🤷‍♀️

    I think she specifically meant I was selfish because I wasn’t respectful of how much me asking her to acknowledge her role in my abuse made her feel bad

    So selfish!

    Do we have the same mom? Or maybe it's a texasmoms thing.

    Atomika
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited May 12
    Bogart wrote: »
    You would have to look into the case more thoroughly to figure out what the grounds are.

    I tried! But there are one million tabloid stories about the Vardy case filling the search results, and none of them explain the legal or factual basis in any way. So it’s hard to figure out.

    (With just the vague contours of what’s going on, it does reinforce my suspicion that British libel law is insane)

    MrMister on
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudHakkekagejakobagger
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I just got the weirdest sensation that I've seen Motörhead live but can't really be sure.

    I’m like 90% sure I was near a festival stage they were playing on? Genuinely not sure tho

    Honk
  • TavTav Registered User regular


    i wish this trial would never end

    ChanusFuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudEchoBogartjungleroomxMagellshrykeGiantGeek2020marajiMvrck
  • ChanusChanus Benny Harvey -RIP-Registered User regular
    who can be blamed for not reading their own posts

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudTumincB557GiantGeek2020Rhesus PositivemarajijakobaggerAegis
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment The purity of angry tambourine. Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Current COVID isn't the same beast from 2020, thankfully.

    *if you're vaccinated

    it's still pretty terrible for people who aren't or can't be

    So's the flu tbh

    Brava, my pomegranate. Well done. Nine out of ten.
    (I reserve a point, always, to encourage reach exceeding grasp.)
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    You would have to look into the case more thoroughly to figure out what the grounds are.

    I tried! But there are one million tabloid stories about the Vardy case filling the search results, and none of them explain the legal or factual basis in any way. So it’s hard to figure out.

    (With just the vague contours of what’s going on, it does reinforce my suspicion that British libel law is insane)
    Critish libel law is extremely insane and free speech doesn't actually exist there in the same context as US free speech. Yes yes, US is awful and we take it too far but in the UK journalists can just be lawyered into oblivion and it is wild.

    GiantGeek2020knitdan
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    EchoCorp just announced a big 100-person two-day offsite and I definitely have mixed opinions.

    Chanusmaraji
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    The meeting went really well and I am going to celebrate by buying some plants for the house.

    MrMisterMazzyxChanusamateurhourjungleroomxPowerpuppiesskippydumptruckshrykecredeikiArchSurfpossumAtomikaA Kobold's KoboldGiantGeek2020Rhesus PositiveHonkmarajiAlexandierAim
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I have a breakfast of a Hong Kong egg tart and a castella.

    Winning.

    u7stthr17eud.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I don't read my own posts. These posts do not reflect the opinions of my employer. Or my own opinions. I don't even know where these damn opinions are coming from. Am I even writing this?

    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudGiantGeek2020marajijakobagger
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited May 12
    Chanus wrote: »
    Current COVID isn't the same beast from 2020, thankfully.

    *if you're vaccinated

    it's still pretty terrible for people who aren't or can't be

    Yeah I got delta before** being vaccinated

    (**I got the COVID shot roughly 2 days before coming down it)

    I was in the hospital for almost a day because my heart rate was like 110, when at rest it's about 80. My O2 was fine, thankfully. I was out for a week solid and slept for almost 4 days straight.

    jungleroomx on
    Chanus
  • ChanusChanus Benny Harvey -RIP-Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Current COVID isn't the same beast from 2020, thankfully.

    *if you're vaccinated

    it's still pretty terrible for people who aren't or can't be

    So's the flu tbh

    it is definitely worse than the flu though and attempts to compare the two as if their severity were the same i think are not a good idea

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    jungleroomxFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    The maniac writing these posts is me

    MrMister
  • BogartBogart Turn Around, Bright Eyes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't think a single person in the world thinks Vardy didn't do it, but proving that when all the evidence has been literally dropped into the sea, or somehow been unaccountably corrupted or deleted by mysterious hackers is difficult.

    ChanusEchoGiantGeek2020CaptainBeyond
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I don't read my own posts. These posts do not reflect the opinions of my employer. Or my own opinions. I don't even know where these damn opinions are coming from. Am I even writing this?

    ::AH furiously typed at the keys, unaware he had created Echo as fiction become reality, like that movie, because secretly, AH wanted to get into Maces and maybe move to Europe::

    TuminGiantGeek2020
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    ah if your jerky turns out delish you should tell me the recipe

    I have a food dehydrator that I haven't really used

  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    jerky

  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    ah if your jerky turns out delish you should tell me the recipe

    I have a food dehydrator that I haven't really used



    They make a lot of cowboy candy (a sweet pickled jalapeno, which is delicious), and they started using it as a jerky marinade, so we're doing it, because we've basically just been copying them for the last two years, albeit much more slowly.

    skippydumptruck
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I am really not happy with the offshore support team that supports the application I own. I don't know if it's cultural, their individual personalities, or some combination of the two but they are driving me mental.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I am really not happy with the offshore support team that supports the application I own. I don't know if it's cultural, their individual personalities, or some combination of the two but they are driving me mental.

    We've got a vendor that's like two weeks behind on a pretty big deliverable because the company they hired for external support was based in the Ukraine and all of us are like "well shit, we're not going to yell at the vendor or the sub contractor, but we need to keep this moving.....shit" lately.

    Drez
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    @Atomika I didn't like Dr. Strange either. I put my thoughts on the first few pages of the spoiler thread for it, but yeah, I agree with your points, plus just some stuff I didn't like about it.

    Bummer too because I was hype for it. Shang Chi remains my favorite new marvel movie so far post Thanos.

    Atomika
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I don't think a single person in the world thinks Vardy didn't do it, but proving that when all the evidence has been literally dropped into the sea, or somehow been unaccountably corrupted or deleted by mysterious hackers is difficult.

    But this is what seems so insane. Vardy did it, everyone knows she did it, the reason it’s hard to prove she did it with forensic evidence is because she destroyed that evidence in an extremely unconvincing accident, and yet Coleen Rooney is being dragged before a court of law and being threatened with a judgment for having said obvious fact that everyone knows? Which she originally documented with pretty convincing evidence when she said it publicly? Insane!

    My understanding is that in the US Rooney would have zero legal exposure ~even if~ Vardy somehow miraculously hadn’t done it, so long as Rooney had good reason to believe she did at the time she said so publicly, eg she had done the insta sting operation and gotten that result. The standard here is you’re not allowed to tell reckless or malicious lies about people, not that you have to be actually correct about every unkind thing you say and also able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

  • BogartBogart Turn Around, Bright Eyes Registered User, Moderator mod
    MrMister wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    I don't think a single person in the world thinks Vardy didn't do it, but proving that when all the evidence has been literally dropped into the sea, or somehow been unaccountably corrupted or deleted by mysterious hackers is difficult.

    But this is what seems so insane. Vardy did it, everyone knows she did it, the reason it’s hard to prove she did it with forensic evidence is because she destroyed that evidence in an extremely unconvincing accident, and yet Coleen Rooney is being dragged before a court of law and being threatened with a judgment for having said obvious fact that everyone knows? Which she originally documented with pretty convincing evidence when she said it publicly? Insane!

    My understanding is that in the US Rooney would have zero legal exposure ~even if~ Vardy somehow miraculously hadn’t done it, so long as Rooney had good reason to believe she did at the time she said so publicly, eg she had done the insta sting operation and gotten that result. The standard here is you’re not allowed to tell reckless or malicious lies about people, not that you have to be actually correct about every unkind thing you say and also able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

    I'm not saying the libel laws aren't bad here.

    Also the US is where Elon Musk got away with calling someone a pedo because they made fun of his dumb idea so plainly there could be improvements on both sides of the Atlantic when it comes to this sort of thing.

    jungleroomxTavGiantGeek2020shrykeRhesus Positive
  • BogartBogart Turn Around, Bright Eyes Registered User, Moderator mod
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I am really not happy with the offshore support team that supports the application I own. I don't know if it's cultural, their individual personalities, or some combination of the two but they are driving me mental.

    We've got a vendor that's like two weeks behind on a pretty big deliverable because the company they hired for external support was based in the Ukraine and all of us are like "well shit, we're not going to yell at the vendor or the sub contractor, but we need to keep this moving.....shit" lately.

    We are the contractor with a really big client and we're 1 day behind because our (my) last certification didn't meet criteria we didn't know existed until they complained about it afterwards.

    This has been a bad 2 weeks and I think there's about 2 weeks left of this.

    amateurhour
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Something odd such as destroying that data specifically. Could happen to anyone.

    Also who does manual backups? It's in the cloud already.

    TuminjungleroomxChanusGiantGeek2020Rhesus PositivePeewi
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    I don't think a single person in the world thinks Vardy didn't do it, but proving that when all the evidence has been literally dropped into the sea, or somehow been unaccountably corrupted or deleted by mysterious hackers is difficult.

    But this is what seems so insane. Vardy did it, everyone knows she did it, the reason it’s hard to prove she did it with forensic evidence is because she destroyed that evidence in an extremely unconvincing accident, and yet Coleen Rooney is being dragged before a court of law and being threatened with a judgment for having said obvious fact that everyone knows? Which she originally documented with pretty convincing evidence when she said it publicly? Insane!

    My understanding is that in the US Rooney would have zero legal exposure ~even if~ Vardy somehow miraculously hadn’t done it, so long as Rooney had good reason to believe she did at the time she said so publicly, eg she had done the insta sting operation and gotten that result. The standard here is you’re not allowed to tell reckless or malicious lies about people, not that you have to be actually correct about every unkind thing you say and also able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

    I'm not saying the libel laws aren't bad here.

    Also the US is where Elon Musk got away with calling someone a pedo because they made fun of his dumb idea so plainly there could be improvements on both sides of the Atlantic when it comes to this sort of thing.

    Yeah, I don't think anyone from the US can grandstand on this one.

    Look at our fucking last president.

    GiantGeek2020
This discussion has been closed.