As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The One Where [Chat] Eats A Soup Tube

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Oh for neat

I went outside and noticed that the moon had seemingly skipped a half of months phases which seemed a little odd.

Turns out there's a total lunar eclipse tonight that's visible here and it's supposed to peak at 11:11pm.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Turns out there's a total lunar eclipse tonight that's visible here and it's supposed to peak at 11:11pm.

the bitching hour

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    i want a 5-6 mile hike that is brutal but is a hike to a really nice little cabin

lookin at the yosemite sierra high camps

We got that here. You can hike or kayak or both to get there

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »

the bitching hour

wait does that mean I have to post in the party thread?

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    We are approaching totality. A new age dawns.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    it is cloudy for me, so I see nothing

• Options
    there are so many ottomans- a wide range of rectangles, cubes, some circular ones, stuff with rhinestones, stuff with storage inside, stuff as wide as your couch, etc. my poor little brain is overwhelmed

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    there are so many ottomans- a wide range of rectangles, cubes, some circular ones, stuff with rhinestones, stuff with storage inside, stuff as wide as your couch, etc. my poor little brain is overwhelmed

get an ottoman with rhinestones as big as your couch

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    alright, so summer steamed pudding is out of the cooker and the mold. it looks nice. this was done with blueberries that had been soaking for two days in gin, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice, and some slices lemons on the outside with a sugar glaze. it seems to be holding its shape. the thing that i'm most worried about is whether it's sweet enough or whether i will need to make a sauce for it because while it does have a lot of sugar and sweet fruit in it, there is also some booze and some bitter + sour.

we wait until it's fully cool to cut a slice and try it.

but...it's pudding. Don't you spoon it instead of cut it?

it's a steamed pudding, so it's basically the consistency of pancake batter but then you steam it for 3 hours and it turns into like a really thick cake

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

With New Testament scripture embroidery

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Get whatever your feet feel best on with the couch, and measure height and clearance for your naughty bits

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options

am i wrong or are these beads/pearls/stones/whatever just horrifying

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/three-posts-rotterdam-26-wide-rectangle-ottoman-w005405075.html?piid=1370690879

they don't even have the decency to be glitzy-ugly. they're just bland-ugly.

• Options

You get to stay in the last age. Sorry.

• Options

Get whatever your feet feel best on with the couch, and measure height and clearance for your naughty bits

please explain why i'd need to be able to fit my penis (or my scrotum) under my ottoman

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

please explain why i'd need to be able to fit my penis (or my scrotum) under my ottoman

For that hot ottomussy

• Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Oh for neat

I went outside and noticed that the moon had seemingly skipped a half of months phases which seemed a little odd.

Just peaked in Southern California (not sure if affected by latitude)

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    assuming your ottoman isn't like, the full width of your couch- do you have an ottoman instead of a coffee table? do you have an ottoman in addition to a coffee table?

Organichu on
  • Options
    o11ehjbzpz3v.jpg

Here's a bad picture for you cloud people.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Who's out there watching this eclipse tonight?

I have clouds and the sun is barely down

Also with our trees the way they are it wouldn't be visible until well after it's over

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Oh for neat

It is, Cali didn't get the full one and here in eastern ND we just barely will. It's mostly visible on the east coast if I'm remembering the map correctly.

• Options
    My dudes, ottoman is not the preferred nomenclature

Please, Turkish-American

• Options
    Oh for neat

It is, Cali didn't get the full one and here in eastern ND we just barely will. It's mostly visible on the east coast if I'm remembering the map correctly.

We got it 100% in Minneapolis.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I got upholstered storage cubes that I use as footrests and had a small coffee table

It is fine for me and I found it very functional but Tumsboo didnt like it and forced a chaise

Consider your s p a c e

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/10-ways-to-lay-out-a-living-room-sample-floorplans-249869

Ugh I had a floorplan article I liked bettsr but cant find

GET FUCKIN GOOD INTERNET
    https://web.archive.org/web/20150112000519/http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/small-living-room-ideas-10-ways-to-furnish-amp-lay-out-100-square-feet-148552

Tumin on
  • Options
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Oh for neat

We got it 100% in Minneapolis.

Yup you were supposed to iirc

Here's a link to the map

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    alright, so summer steamed pudding is out of the cooker and the mold. it looks nice. this was done with blueberries that had been soaking for two days in gin, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice, and some slices lemons on the outside with a sugar glaze. it seems to be holding its shape. the thing that i'm most worried about is whether it's sweet enough or whether i will need to make a sauce for it because while it does have a lot of sugar and sweet fruit in it, there is also some booze and some bitter + sour.

we wait until it's fully cool to cut a slice and try it.

but...it's pudding. Don't you spoon it instead of cut it?

it's a steamed pudding, so it's basically the consistency of pancake batter but then you steam it for 3 hours and it turns into like a really thick cake

so why not call it a pancake

or like

sponge

or

idk something not pudding

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hmm on the fence about this Evil Dead game. It looks rad as fuck but its also kind of expensive for how much I assume I'll play it (a MP only title)

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    awwwww random kitty has made friends with us
    20220515_195549.jpg?width=292&height=519

20220515_194516.jpg?width=292&height=519

He randomly showed up and asked me for pets like a month ago while I was working on legos outside. Now he's coming by more and more. Our housemate posted him on the local "lost cats" forum and got several replies of "oh yeah, he's from a block over, he's just a super friendly pig who wanders 3 neighborhoods vacuuming up any food he can get.

He's named Raymond.

Everyone Loves Raymond.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

am i wrong or are these beads/pearls/stones/whatever just horrifying

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/three-posts-rotterdam-26-wide-rectangle-ottoman-w005405075.html?piid=1370690879

they don't even have the decency to be glitzy-ugly. they're just bland-ugly.

I don't megahate it but I don't like it either--if they were some sort of burnished metal it would be better. And it would be better to have fewer of them. But yeah, it feels like someone decided they needed to add *design* to a plain ottoman and figured a trim counts and didn't really at all consider the end effect

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Reached credits on Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. Spoilers for the ending, don't have my thoughts together all the way though:
    Boy does the main game end with a downer out of nowhere. The partner goes off in a beam of light for reasons. What reasons? IDK.

Also shipping fuel. Lots of shipping fuel. "I didn't want to be here in Pokéworld, I wanted to be with YOU." Like, holy shit.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    hmmm

Einhander turned into Cybernator turned into lawnmower sharpener reviews turned into levelling your lawn turned into a D1 football day-in-the-life

time to go to bed

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I just plain can’t find the moon tonight

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    That was a fun night. It's been raining all day, so I didn't think I would get to see the eclipse. So as I was heading home from helping put dad to bed, and mom and I were talking, I realized.. oh yeah, it's probably started. But the clouds.

.. Then I noticed I could see stars. and I couldn't see the moon. Turns out, it had JUST started entering totality, so it was nearly pitch black and slowly moving towards red.

Mom and I stood outside and watched it for a good 20 minutes or so. I even grabbed the binoculars we got dad (back when he was more coherent and able to hold things) and used them to look at it up-close. Never really got it into focus, but it was still fun.

I then text blasted everyone I knew so they could see it and knew the clouds were parted. Then I headed home.

When I got home, I took some photos... and it turns out, I took them pretty much at totality, at 11:10 PM or so.

It's so weird, seeing stars around the moon. well.. not in this picture, but outside town.

mIGRDY5l.jpg

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    *goes outside to see lunar eclipse*

*sees clouds in the sky flashing with lightning*

nope.jpg

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Imagine writing a timeless, good article in 2015 only to later write a significantly worse article and delete the old one

It belonged in a museum

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    I just plain can’t find the moon tonight

east southeast

If you have clouds it's no bueno

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    It's still pretty bright here so I imagine no blood flower super moon for me.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    lol

Watching a twitch subathon, dude had 2 hours left and someone went and dropped 100 gifted subs went back up to just under 7 hours

• Options
    Should Ihave pledged myself to Khonshu during the eclipse. Y/N?

• Options
    What if I have tifas

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »
    What if I have tifas

tifas
    tifurious

This discussion has been closed.