As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Evil Dead: The [chat]

12467100

Posts

  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    They need to make a Star Trek where the Federation revises the Prime Directive into "help everyone whenever you can, but don't get caught doing it".

    There'd be a ton you could do with an explicitly interventionist Federation as the basis for the show: humanoid aliens, non-humanoid alien interventions, all different drama related to trying to run covert ops, a couple of moments when the Federation people get hunted by XCOM, have guys who go rogue and do try to take over. Just...drop the whole "oh noes we can't touch anything" interpretation and make a whole show exploring the various ways that can go right and wrong.

    Havelock2.0zepherin
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    at the risk of starting a partisan argument, what is the best instant coffee

  • AtomikaAtomika Flames. On the side of my face.Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    at the risk of starting a partisan argument, what is the best instant coffee

    Bustelo

    Alexandier
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    at the risk of starting a partisan argument, what is the best instant coffee

    all coffee is best enjoyed within an instant.

    zepherinHavelock2.0jungleroomxemnmnmeLucedes
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    *reads news*

    …What the fuck is monkeypox

    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    zepherinTuminOrcaDoodmann
  • AtomikaAtomika Flames. On the side of my face.Registered User regular
    TIL Texas has an invasive parrot

    ey9lgawtzfkj.jpeg


    Monk parrot

    JebusUD
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    at the risk of starting a partisan argument, what is the best instant coffee

    Whatever is on special offer

    So at the moment, Douwe Egberts

    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    at the risk of starting a partisan argument, what is the best instant coffee

    Folgers instant

    I’m basic

    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    *reads news*

    …What the fuck is monkeypox
    Yeah…my buddy was talking about that yesterday at lunch.

  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    kdyeyqto4rwy.png

    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    zepherinLucedes
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    removing yourself from time to enjoy coffee is detrimental to the experience.

  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    removing yourself from time to enjoy coffee is detrimental to the experience.

    no it is just what the experience is

    unless you're not drinking enough

    ftOqU21.png
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    i am choosing to pretend monkeypox doesn’t exist : )

    amateurhourDoodmann
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    at the risk of starting a partisan argument, what is the best instant coffee

    this post reminds me of why I want to murder most everyone on stackoverflow

  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i am choosing to pretend monkeypox doesn’t exist : )

    i heard 90% survival rate and it clears up within a month.

  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    there is no past no future only the infinite present you should be thinking while vibrating at close to a megahertz

    ftOqU21.png
    Havelock2.0Lucedes
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    monkeypox is, apparently, almost entirely sexually transmitted, or at least the sharing of bodily fluids. The cases are all getting linked to a fetish convention and from there a gay bar or two.

    Soo avoid unprotected sex with groups of strangers and not much to worry about yet.

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    at the risk of starting a partisan argument, what is the best instant coffee

    I like the Trader Joe's or Café Bustelo

    Maybe one of those single-serving Starbucks ViA packets if I'm feeling bougie

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    I blame the gay monkey cabal

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    monkeypox is, apparently, almost entirely sexually transmitted, or at least the sharing of bodily fluids. The cases are all getting linked to a fetish convention and from there a gay bar or two.

    Soo avoid unprotected sex with groups of strangers and not much to worry about yet.
    is there another, less onerous way to prevent it

    TuminAbdhyiuscB557SealHavelock2.0ChanusJebusUDLord_Asmodeus
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    monkeypox is, apparently, almost entirely sexually transmitted, or at least the sharing of bodily fluids. The cases are all getting linked to a fetish convention and from there a gay bar or two.

    Soo avoid unprotected sex with groups of strangers and not much to worry about yet.

    you're asking a lot, here

    ftOqU21.png
    KanazepherinHavelock2.0GiantGeek2020ChanusJebusUDLord_Asmodeus
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i am choosing to pretend monkeypox doesn’t exist : )

    i heard 90% survival rate and it clears up within a month.

    99% for the variant that is in the US. Also I was hearing close personal contact to spread, not general vicinity like some other plagues.

    It really seems like tabloid sensationalism at this point. Like, sure, bad and everything, but nothing compared to the actual pandemic going on.

    Also, older folks are mostly immune because of the smallpox vaccine.

    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Abdhyiuszepherin
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    I taught my friends kid Lindsey Bluth's chicken sound

    lmao get rekt

    Atomikaamateurhour
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Dril.no

    Chanus
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    monkeypox is, apparently, almost entirely sexually transmitted, or at least the sharing of bodily fluids. The cases are all getting linked to a fetish convention and from there a gay bar or two.

    Soo avoid unprotected sex with groups of strangers and not much to worry about yet.

    a 90% survival rate you say

    zepherindesc
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i am choosing to pretend monkeypox doesn’t exist : )

    i heard 90% survival rate and it clears up within a month.

    It's a good thing this is wrong, because that would make it incredibly deadly.

    EchoDoodmannRedTideLord_Asmodeus
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    boo. Filled a hard drive working on this cloning process. Luckily I have some overflow space, but it's still annoying because I have to start the clone process over.

    He/Him
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    i just get whatever instant non-decaf coffee is on sale, which is usually Folgers

  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i am choosing to pretend monkeypox doesn’t exist : )

    i heard 90% survival rate and it clears up within a month.

    It's a good thing this is wrong, because that would make it incredibly deadly.

    Please explain how 90% survival is incredibly deadly as i i were a 5 year old.

  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    These people could not deplane slower

    I am being harmed

    JebusUD
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited May 22
    MrMister wrote: »
    These people could not deplane slower

    I am being harmed

    People deplane at about 20 seconds per person, it's very consistent surprisingly

    I deplane in 5 seconds because Im not old parent mouth breathing sloth

    Tumin on
    MrMister
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Reading between the lines, the government is saying that everyone who was a child in 1976 both could and should have unprotected fuckfests 24/7 since they'll have gotten the smallpox vaccine and the disease that is in the news is the only one that exists at any given moment

    ftOqU21.png
    electricitylikesmeGiantGeek2020
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    someone fix these dumb primate bodies that are still running old anti-virus software

    TuminAtomika
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i am choosing to pretend monkeypox doesn’t exist : )

    i heard 90% survival rate and it clears up within a month.

    It's a good thing this is wrong, because that would make it incredibly deadly.

    Please explain how 90% survival is incredibly deadly as i i were a 5 year old.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimation_(punishment)

    knitdanzepherinelectricitylikesmeGiantGeek2020
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    someone fix these dumb primate bodies that are still running old anti-virus software

    i, for one, cannot wait for our bodies to be leased to us at predatory rates by megacorps, with terms of use subject to change without warning and the ability from the corporation to unilaterally cease service at any time for any reason.

  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Try lick dirty knob

    Lucedes
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i am choosing to pretend monkeypox doesn’t exist : )

    i heard 90% survival rate and it clears up within a month.

    It's a good thing this is wrong, because that would make it incredibly deadly.

    Please explain how 90% survival is incredibly deadly as i i were a 5 year old.
    how do you feel about russian roulette

    zepherinRedTide
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    i am choosing to pretend monkeypox doesn’t exist : )

    i heard 90% survival rate and it clears up within a month.

    It's a good thing this is wrong, because that would make it incredibly deadly.

    Please explain how 90% survival is incredibly deadly as i i were a 5 year old.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimation_(punishment)

    Like i'm 4.

    zepherinRhesus PositiveEvil MultifariousDoodmann
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 22
    Tav wrote: »
    i am choosing to pretend monkeypox doesn’t exist : )

    i heard 90% survival rate and it clears up within a month.

    It's a good thing this is wrong, because that would make it incredibly deadly.

    Please explain how 90% survival is incredibly deadly as i i were a 5 year old.

    A disease that kills one in ten people infected sounds pretty deadly to me?

    Even a moderately sized outbreak of a couple of hundred people means 20 deaths

    Edit: to put it in perspective, that's about as deadly as typhoid or diphtheria

    japan on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    i am choosing to pretend monkeypox doesn’t exist : )

    i heard 90% survival rate and it clears up within a month.

    It's a good thing this is wrong, because that would make it incredibly deadly.

    Please explain how 90% survival is incredibly deadly as i i were a 5 year old.
    how do you feel about russian roulette

    Bad idea. but in the context of a disease, is 10% survival rate really considered extremely low?

This discussion has been closed.