As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Evil Dead: The [chat]

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Mom is super into a lot of nebulous naturopathy woo shit

When i first got sick she kept suggesting various "natural" solutions

And I finally had to tell her if even half that woo shit worked nobody would need dialysis or chemotherapy

my coworker (the one who gives his kids ivermectin daily) told me that I could cure covid with carrots

I ended up buying carrots because they're a healthy snack but I began to suspect as my covid dragged on that the carrots did nothing at all

getting status updates from the war in ukraine from this guy is fun, today the tartar mercenary army entered the fray armed with ancient, advanced weapons against the Ukranians but the Rothschilds are backing Ukraine so they'll win

Carrots are good for spontaneously developing eye lasers.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
    override367
    Chanus wrote: »
    in Everquest there is a low level dungeon called the Estate of Unrest, abbreviated "UR"

and there is a camp in Unrest's basement often abbreviated "BM"

and there has been a guy in general chat for the last three hours going "UR BM NEEDS TANK" every 5-10 minutes and i can only imagine reading that with no context

I totally forgot about Unrest, @Chanus

That’s old world, right? What are the border zones?

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Brushing your teeth is roughly as meaningful as anything else you do, your life is roughly as meaningful as anyone's who has every lived

The universe is ~14 billion years old, and time will remember none of it

So how is this attitude providing benefit to your short game?

Worrying about one’s life having meaning is pointless. Who cares if it has meaning?

JebusUD
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Brushing your teeth is roughly as meaningful as anything else you do, your life is roughly as meaningful as anyone's who has every lived

The universe is ~14 billion years old, and time will remember none of it

So how is this attitude providing benefit to your short game?

Quite a bit, now I can enjoy brushing my teeth

Lucedes
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited May 28
    If nothing matters it means you're wasting none of it, take pleasure in whatever is there

Winky on
    JebusUDoverride367jungleroomxLucedes
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    This is some dark ass Friday night chat

DrezcB557DoodmannRhesus Positiveamateurhour
    Dark ass

Havelock2.0
    Have some good nihilism, for truth oh no you've broken the veil of the uncaring universe and now you can I don't know eat a pretzel

VishNub wrote: »

It's like your teenage kid just discovered being sad as a hobby

• ChallChall Registered User regular
    edited May 28
    If your life isn't terribly important, remember that Thomas Crapper did a bang up job of selling toilets and the world remembers his name as a synonym for shit.

So, you could do worse than not being remembered

Chall on
    OrcaRhesus Positive
    Have some good nihilism, for truth oh no you've broken the veil of the uncaring universe and now you can I don't know eat a pretzel

Alternatively, why not have a nice salad instead?

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Godot's not coming to my party, then?

cB557JebusUDOrcaLucedes
    Tumin wrote: »

Keep waiting

Orca
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Tumin wrote: »

Keep waiting

But my dominos

Drez

Alternatively, why not have a nice salad instead?

Salads do have both real nutritional value and more crunch-factor.

Drez
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    oxo2WyG.jpg

hw9hzbtxqifc.gif

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    HerrCron
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    acxu45b01e9z.png

yesss

unf

tyrannus
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Worrying about one’s life having meaning is pointless. Who cares if it has meaning?

I'm not even sure it is a sensible question. What would abstract meaning even be? Are we to think of our lives as a story with a subtext you can figure out as of it were a novel or a movie?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    MrMisterDrez
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    it's not a particularly ...meaningful discussion if no one provides a definition of meaning

obviously the answers to questions like 'is it possible for a life to be meaningful', 'can a person other than the liver of a particular life determine the amount of meaning in that life', 'does my life have meaning' are heavily dependent on what we mean by 'meaning'

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    JebusUDcB557LucedesMrMister
    VishNub wrote: »

It's like your teenage kid just discovered being sad as a hobby

I don't find Winky's take to be sad at all. In fact I find it the incredibly freeing.

Say something embarrassing happens. Oh well, me and them will all be dead in 100 years max. It doesn't matter.

Things might be important to me, but they aren't cosmically important. They are only important in context.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Doodmann
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    my elden ring int build is so cool i want to summon my mimic just to watch it do cool shit

both mimic fights have been an absolute blast

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh fuck.

Oh FUCK.

Folks.

Hardspace: Shipbreaker is my JAM. OMG. I feel so puny, and I wish the controls aligned with Outer Wilds a bit better (I'm not sure if I need the analog triggers for the grapple and cutter functions, I keep wanting to rotate with those)..

But man. I could see myself getting in a lot of trouble with this. I spent so long just reading the employment contract at the beginning of the game. I'm trying my hardest to grab every little bit I can. I'm learning how to fling myself with the grapple so I can keep running on my oxygen for as much as possible. I know a time limit's gonna be introduced, which will make me sad, but oh well.

... Of course, I did a dumb. I saw a "cut point" of a pipe connected to a fuel tank, and was like... "You know, this will probably explode if I overheat it. But.. maybe... Maybe..." so I backed away from it as far as I could.. started cutting the joint... and then blew a giant hole in the ship and myself. My O2 was low already, so it's like.. DAMNIT GO BACK MUST REPAIR FASTER... saved myself, then started the arduous process of salvaging what I blew up.

I need to figure out how to use the bifurcation tool without costing me much in the way of credits. I also need to figure out how to get the cockpit glass out safely. I stopped before I started playing with tethers because I know myself, and I'll go all night at this rate.

He/Him
    cB557Havelock2.0ElendilOrcaLucedesSummaryJudgment
    Chall wrote: »
    If your life isn't terribly important, remember that Thomas Crapper did a bang up job of selling toilets and the world remembers his name as a synonym for shit.

So, you could do worse than not being remembered

I think it's awesome and would love if I did something like that.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Doodmann
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    every time i watch her whip out the magic cartoon mallet i want to clap like a seal

credeikicB557Lucedes
    There is a, for me, large amount of people who are actively invested in my life right now. And I'm interconnected with them as well. This oh but the stars will die take on life having meaning isn't being "real" or clever or pragmatic. It's finding an excuse/justification.

• OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    Oh no. I knew this neighborhood was convenient, but this 7-Elecen is too close. This is dangerous. 🙈

Organichu wrote: »
    Oh no. I knew this neighborhood was convenient, but this 7-Elecen is too close. This is dangerous. 🙈

Did you buy out your old lease and jump to the new place?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

hmm you gotta acquire a taste for beef jerky or something so that when you want to go buy a snack you make sure it's not candy or similarly carb-y

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    Organichuamateurhour
    credeiki wrote: »

hmm you gotta acquire a taste for beef jerky or something so that when you want to go buy a snack you make sure it's not candy or similarly carb-y

Are 7-11s any good now? Like Kwik Trip level where they actually have some decent quality stuff that's healthy?

Or is it all just taquitos off the grill and slushies still?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I should've had my Elden Ring mage use Haima's cannon more. That was pretty fun to use. Big knockdowns.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »

Are 7-11s any good now? Like Kwik Trip level where they actually have some decent quality stuff that's healthy?

Or is it all just taquitos off the grill and slushies still?

Slurpee and nachos

why do you need anything else?

Maybe a make yourself a chili-dog if you are feeling something different

• OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

Did you buy out your old lease and jump to the new place?

I jumped to my new place. I do not plan on buying out my old one? I will pay my part for June since there’s almost no notice- plus I might not be done moving by stuff before the 1st. But given what’s happened, I have no intention of paying beyond that. If he threatens to just leave and let the remaining balance go into default- maybe I will talk to the landlord then. Honestly not too worried about it.

Jacobkosh
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I, for one, am honored to shitpost with all of you here in [chat]. It brings me joy in my day, and provides me with some meaning to my life. You all are good people.

Di87pOF.jpg
    PSN: Hahnsoo | MH Rise: Hahnsoo, Switch FC: SW-0085-2679-5212
    TumincredeikiemnmnmeRhesus PositiveamateurhourSummaryJudgmentVishNub
    You all mean a lot to me. I can't just walk outside, find some random people and tell them I should probably clean my desk soon.

cB557LucedesRhesus Positivezagdrob
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I, for one, am honored to shitpost with all of you here in [chat]. It brings me joy in my day, and provides me with some meaning to my life. You all are good people.

Excuse me, my alignment is Neutral Stupid.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Hahnsoo1
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    All I know about 7/11 is that they sell really cool toys in Japan. Like custom Gunpla. And Optimus Prime figs that have trailers built to pull pepsi and mtn. dew. Though that was admittedly a few years back.

gnsa4qgwcn861.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=72f042eaf4e5c16f5c75db1ff88cd756ac563e7d

He/Him
    Also the little windows news/notification thingy that MSFT added to Windows 10 just keeps saying "Upcoming alert." Kind of ominous just for a dense fog warning.

He/Him
    God watching new season of Stranger Things is like catching up with old friends

Tuminamateurhour
    Athenor wrote: »
    All I know about 7/11 is that they sell really cool toys in Japan. Like custom Gunpla. And Optimus Prime figs that have trailers built to pull pepsi and mtn. dew. Though that was admittedly a few years back.

gnsa4qgwcn861.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=72f042eaf4e5c16f5c75db1ff88cd756ac563e7d

My friend who was living in Japan said 7/11 there is dope in every way.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Orca
This discussion has been closed.