As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Snap] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Yeah, just catching up on that Trump deck and it seems really strong too. It looks as close as it could be to a low mana aggro deck, with the dino/moon for big drop and nova/carnage for +2 buff.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Damn, can't unlock season pass with Gold. Lame.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Really enjoying this but I think not resetting post beta is a big mistake. I guess if you refund all the credits people spent they’ll be able to progress quickly anyway. But yea seemed to be bots up to rank 40 then the nova carnage started.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I actually fell off this hard. Haven't played since the season reset and I found out that you can't buy passes with Gold. And yeah a lot of the last matches I was playing were really similar. Once I started testing Trump's deck, it was like nothing but Trump decks over and over, or some other application of Nova + Carnage. Nova with any activator is just a massive combo.

I'll probably get back into it when it launches on PC.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    I managed to build the “pool 1” nova carnage deck about 2/3 of the way through the pool so probably average? Managed to climb to 70 with it then hit another wall where the stronger pool 2 and pool 3 cards exist.

Nerf patch should be out soon, nova to +1, DD to 4 and moon girl to 4 being the big hits.

Current season ends in 4d so I’d expect more regions to be added to the soft launch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    I managed to build the “pool 1” nova carnage deck about 2/3 of the way through the pool so probably average? Managed to climb to 70 with it then hit another wall where the stronger pool 2 and pool 3 cards exist.

Nerf patch should be out soon, nova to +1, DD to 4 and moon girl to 4 being the big hits.

Current season ends in 4d so I’d expect more regions to be added to the soft launch.

Current season ends? Its not even released yet!

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Just scraped into infinite with a few hours to go before the season ends!

Not sure if there is a break between seasons or if the new one starts straight away. Surprised they haven’t announced if more regions will be added.

Edit: straight into new season. Thor themed.

Looks like Australia and NZ added soon.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    This is showing up in my Play store as "Pre-Register"

26904.png
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    This is showing up in my Play store as "Pre-Register"

Yeah, it's not out yet

• Options
    Just played against Ben Brode! Got outplayed with the location mind games.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    So is this game's beta ever coming to iOS?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    IMO the beta won’t come to iOS. If you want to play on iOS just switch your store region.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Latest patch dropped. Game is now live in NZ. Some big changes to collection progress and the new Nexus “event” added, which is just a loot box for whales. Huge backlash over these boxes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Watching a video on the new lootbox system, and yeah, it's pretty yikes.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Shame, there's a good quick card game here. I'd hate for it to get buried because of MTX. Ben should know better.

• Options
    I think the worst part was that they oversold or at least miss sold them as something that would fix the potential collection issues. But they’re just too expensive.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shame, there's a good quick card game here. I'd hate for it to get buried because of MTX. Ben should know better.

I'd like to have faith that Ben does know better, he's just working with what the money people tell him to do. I really hope so at least.

I mean, games need to make money, but there's gotta be a better way than what I'm seeing.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    a huge part of the fun of card games is also experimenting with a wide variety of cards, and if you reach a point where you can no longer acquire new things to experiment with, you're left with just trying to refine what you have over and over again

(i am personally not particularly expecting great things from the monetization, i do not trust marvel mobile games no matter what developer is working on it)

rip me

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Legends of Runeterra has totally spoiled me to every other card game's monetization system. Like wait, you're charging me for the cards?!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    From what I remember seeing Runeterra is also not even top ten revenue for ccgs which tends to be a part of the decision process for other companies building new designs.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    runeterra is definitely complicated because it's a bit of, "loss leader" is not the phrase i'm looking for, but Riot is aiming for a certain level of cultural penetration so that it doesn't matter if one of their products isn't the highest revenue earner, it's all working to fold you into the infrastructure. like they had a whole animated tv show!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I like Runeterra! I just told myself no more ccgs... but then the marvel ones are coming out.... lol

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Marvel has already achieved cultural penetration to the extent they can just say fu pay me and get away with it

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I'd like to have faith that Ben does know better, he's just working with what the money people tell him to do. I really hope so at least.

I mean, games need to make money, but there's gotta be a better way than what I'm seeing.

unknown.png

Yeah the money people thing doesn't really fly.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Incindium wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

unknown.png

Yeah the money people thing doesn't really fly.

Ouch! That sucks.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Been enjoying this game a lot, especially how quick the matches are. So easy to just pick up a game to play for 2 minutes and then get back to work or whatever. Definitely haven't even scratched the surface of the available cards yet, seems very slow to earn new cards, which kinda sucks though from a deck-building perspective.

• Options
    Live in Australia!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ben Brode wrote:
    Earlier this week we shipped the latest release of MARVEL SNAP to players and launched in New Zealand and Australia. With that release came a new monetization feature we wanted to introduce and test: Nexus Events.

It's clear that a lot of you are disappointed with Nexus Events and we hear you. We missed the mark on this. Internally, we're having discussions around next steps and how we can act on your feedback. We're here for the long run, and are focused on creating a great game that is fair and that you'll love. Stay tuned to hear more from us.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wait, so this has launched? Or it's still in beta? I can't find it on my play store

• Options
    Just went live in Australia today.

I played a handful of games at lunchtime. Maybe it's the general newness of the game but people don't seem to understand that doubling down on an already winning node and losing both of the other two is not going to work. I suppose I'll lose at some point.

26904.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Right.

After a few (three) cocktails, I took a loss Iron rank 12. Game is fun but I'm certainly disconnected from the meta as a new player.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Wait, so this has launched? Or it's still in beta? I can't find it on my play store

Open beta in Australia/NZ/Philippines.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Since when do Australians ever get anything first?!

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don’t believe for a millisecond that creative control includes monetization. I don’t think Ben’s team is going to make demands of Disney on what and how much to charge for a game.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    So for anyone else starting out, I think I realized the best tactic at the start is to not care about you ranking at all. Focus on getting cards. To do that, don't build the best deck you can, build a deck with only your lowest rank cards (gray, green cards only) as they are much faster to rank up and unlock new cards.

• Options
    Yes grey (common) cards cost 25 credits per collection level point. All other rarities cost 50 credits per collection point.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Hold on... how do you buy cards? I've been just getting them handed to me as part of upgrades. Is there a in-game card marketplace?

I really like the 6-turn format. There's a clear early-game, mid-game, and end-game distinction.

I really like the "win 2 of three" locations format. Often I'll be losing at one location and just abandon it - or develop a plan to surprise recapture in the end-game. Fortifying an already established location is almost always a poor choice.

I really like the "Snap!" mechanic. I really get a kick out of baiting an opponent into double-snapping and then winning 4 (or 8) cubes. After playing intermittently for 3 days I'm up to 24 Bronze. I just wish the ranked rewards were more compelling.

I do NOT like the weekly mission format. Having two "weekly" missions spawn every 8 hours, with a max of 4 saved up, and then a requirement to complete 35 of them in a week... well, it seems very predatory to me; basically forces you to play every day for a few hours to even have a chance as completing the week.

I do NOT like the campaign missions. These seem focused on forcing players to play non-optimally. Things like "play 4 cost cards" (I don't have any in my deck); "play 6 cost cards" (you only have a chance to do this ONCE pre game, assuming you get a good draw); "complete a full weekly challenge" (see above); "destroy cards" (WTF? I'm not even sure how this works!). I guess the only saving grace here is these are only good for advancing the Season Pass, and as a free player I'm not getting much there anyway.

The short term gameplay is pretty fun, but I don't really see this one having legs for the long haul as it currently stands.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    You can’t buy cards at the moment. Technically you can buy them in the nexus event if you get lucky but I wouldn’t use my gold there.

You get cards by levelling up your collection. Each player has a collection level and that is based on the quality of the cards you have. Common cards cost 25 credits to upgrade and give you one score. Uncommon cost 100 credits to upgrade and give 2 score. Each level higher costs 100 more and gives 2 extra score up to 500 credits for the last upgrade. At that point you split the card and then start again back at common with a new background for the card.

You can stack up to 6 quests (they only show 2 spare slots for some reason but once you get 6 quests no more slots appear). They recently changed the quest system so you didn’t have to play every day (previously you had to complete 2 quests once a day for 6 days in a week). I’m not sure which is better yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    51c14p9atbb8.png

Maybe Brode and company have a chance to pull this off after all.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Release the game in NA please so I can care about this stuff.