As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Marvel Snap] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    It'll likely be the same kinda thing as collector's caches where every 4 chests has a 200, 400, 400, 600 or something like that - which is fine and really makes no difference - it's just the weirdest tiny little detail that they decided to have someone focus on for a day that seems odd.

PSN SeGaTai
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Big number woo!

I just had a game like “if I can aero them here and they don’t have a way to spread power I win” and then they played to the lane I wanted them to be pulled to anyway like “oh ok then, I’ll just win I guess”

Those are the games that make me wonder if they start giving you bots with internety usernames besides like Dwayne

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    It'll likely be the same kinda thing as collector's caches where every 4 chests has a 200, 400, 400, 600 or something like that - which is fine and really makes no difference - it's just the weirdest tiny little detail that they decided to have someone focus on for a day that seems odd.

Well if I play a little more I might get the 600 and then I can afford the card I want in the shop right now. Oh fuck it was only 200. Well if I pay some gold the NEXT one can't be 200 right?"

I have bled some cubes because people aren't playing good enough cards to get priority which is making my Valkyrie not quite as good as it could be. Like I'm over here rocking a lane with Ant-Man, The Hood, and a ROCK and they still can't wrest priority from me.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Winning games with movement is simply impossible. It's not even fun to play with myself because it never fucking works!

akjakMNC Dover
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    My problem with move is that it's so easy to see coming and shut it down compared to other stuff. Maybe a hybrid deck with move stuff and toss in Moon Girl/Dino, just feels like Heimdall especially is terrible, need something juicier. A funny one would be something that completely shuffles the card placement on the board but would count as Move for each card, something like that.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I have been having some luck with Move in the 50s since I got the season drop. I still wouldn't say it's good, but it's better than I thought it would be.

The weaknesses are a bit more complex than I thought. There are a good number of move payoffs, but very few that pay off stuff moving to/from them besides Kraven, which would let the deck play more flexibly with Polaris/Aero. More importantly, there just aren't any good 4-5 drops for the deck that just offer good stats plus some sort of move enabling, which would go a long way to making the deck be less feast or famine. Multiple Man is also simultaneously an insane payoff and an extreme board clog that you can't afford, but I dunno what to do with that unless you lean in hard on Human Torch.

I ate an engineer
    Yeah I got Human Torch with tokens (!) because I thought then the deck would be good without trying to high roll MM, but no. You don't want to play most of your cards on curve, it's an awkward ass mess.

akjak
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    c5hd4oe1e8fs.png

I think he snapped cuz he thought rocks were ok for Kazar. Heh.

Also guess who has two thumbs and a card in the token shop worth buying!

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    Big number woo!

I just had a game like “if I can aero them here and they don’t have a way to spread power I win” and then they played to the lane I wanted them to be pulled to anyway like “oh ok then, I’ll just win I guess”

Those are the games that make me wonder if they start giving you bots with internety usernames besides like Dwayne

In my experience, bots do have single word user names that are generally normal first names. They won't emote. They will use card backs, upgraded cards and occasional variants, and play legit decks with clear themes and win conditions. They just make moves that make no sense.

Smurph wrote: »
    Big number woo!

In my experience, bots do have single word user names that are generally normal first names. They won't emote. They will use card backs, upgraded cards and occasional variants, and play legit decks with clear themes and win conditions. They just make moves that make no sense.

It's mostly that bots (and Agatha and Ego) ignore location effects. That's what makes them sometimes seem so very, very boneheaded.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Yep, also bots can have cards with normal backgrounds but infinity split card effects, i.e impossible cards.
    (My bots last night were Gabriel and some other normal complicated name like Christopher)

Also can't believe anyone would ever get excited over caches once they're pool 3 complete.
    And randomising tokens won't help with that.. they're not cards and hardly help towards the pool 5 cards.

discrider on
    Saw someone play the cutest discard deck. They ran collector and seemed to aggressively want to discard Swarm. They got a super big collector, but they did lose the game because they didn't play their free Swarms to my flooded location because they wanted to have a real big Collector. So...go them.

And 40 on the back of bots.
    Last bot, Leonidas.
    Not sure why there are more bots around this season when I didn't see any past 30 last season.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Rode Zabu Ongoing from 50 to 60
    Then Death hit the store so I rode DeathWave from 60 to 70

Gonna keep riding DeathWave until it fails me. Man its a fun deck.

So does hazmat just lie when it says afflict all other cards because it sure doesn't seem to afflict their friendly cards

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So does hazmat just lie when it says afflict all other cards because it sure doesn't seem to afflict their friendly cards

Luke Cage prevents it from hurting their own cards

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    The JudgeMNC DoverKetar
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Luke Cage prevents it from hurting their own cards

Ah I see, well then *flips table*

MNC Doverlwt1973
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I have been having some luck with Move in the 50s since I got the season drop. I still wouldn't say it's good, but it's better than I thought it would be.

The weaknesses are a bit more complex than I thought. There are a good number of move payoffs, but very few that pay off stuff moving to/from them besides Kraven, which would let the deck play more flexibly with Polaris/Aero. More importantly, there just aren't any good 4-5 drops for the deck that just offer good stats plus some sort of move enabling, which would go a long way to making the deck be less feast or famine. Multiple Man is also simultaneously an insane payoff and an extreme board clog that you can't afford, but I dunno what to do with that unless you lean in hard on Human Torch.
    Coinage wrote: »
    Yeah I got Human Torch with tokens (!) because I thought then the deck would be good without trying to high roll MM, but no. You don't want to play most of your cards on curve, it's an awkward ass mess.

piwvk5so2942.png

Surtur will one day save Movement decks!
    He probably won't save movement decks.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Doctor Detroit
    Movement decks are the Marvel Snap equivalent of the martial artist doing a bunch of complicated punch and kicks at you… while you shoot them from 10ft away.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    God imagine that card makes it in, it's been months since you pulled a pool 5 card, and it's a gimmick card that requires a human torch move deck, and it's still harder to pull off then zero red skull

PSN SeGaTai
    Crippl3discrider
    What the hell kind of a name is Surtur!

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    God imagine that card makes it in, it's been months since you pulled a pool 5 card, and it's a gimmick card that requires a human torch move deck, and it's still harder to pull off then zero red skull

So you're saying it'll be in the first box I open.

MNC Dover

The name of a god/devil in a non-English language and myth :p

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

he's a fiery giant with a massive sword in Norse mythology: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surtr

• Longhorn PrimeLonghorn Prime Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Got green goblin and hobgoblin but still managed to win the lane and the match

1-BD40-AB5-F23-E-4-A17-A05-D-B177709-E8-C76.png

Longhorn Prime on
    Doctor DetroitMNC Dover
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah i have to believe that the datamined surtur will not be what gets in the game. easily the worst card in the game. gotta just be leftovers from testing ideas, right? right???

AbsurdPropositionmilski
    It's like, +1 power from abomination -if- you manage to finagle the proc.
    And you're not really doing it twice with no other cards coming out on T5. Might get a Cloak in but otherwise

MNC Dover
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    If that thing had Abominations stat line it'd still be worse than Abomination just because of Patriot.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • LeperMessiahLeperMessiah Registered User regular
    I would really hope it is a thrown away playtest/alpha idea, having a card require another NAMED card to be useful would just be bad design for this game.

discrider
    I would really hope it is a thrown away playtest/alpha idea, having a card require another NAMED card to be useful would just be bad design for this game.

Yeah what is this bullshit.

At least include Sunspot, Shocker, and Nova. Namor, Attuma, Orka, and Wave can put him out. Ger Pokemon up in this bitch.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it is, i think, a good reminder that datamining is just datamining, and not a finished released product

LeperMessiahMNC Dover
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    MAXIMUM HYPE UNLOCKED!!!!!!!

• FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I would hope that a card that explicitly needs another card would not be able to be added to your collection unless you had the card in question.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    I have a new challenge for the thread! It's time for us to create The Worst. Deck. Evar.

Here are the rules:
    • The deck must contain at least one card at each cost of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6
    • The deck cannot consist solely of cards with no abilities and/or cards with negative, zero, or 1-power values. (In other words, don't just build your deck by querying cards with no abilities and lowest power.)
    • The deck should be weak across as many locations as possible
    • Players using the deck should be trying to win, but losing due to the deck itself
    • Bonus points awarded for negative synergies (e.g., Cosmo/Armor in a Destroy deck) - the wackier the better

Here's my 10-minute first attempt: https://snap.fan/decks/208681/

It's a pretty brute-force approach, I'll admit. But there's something fun there with Invisible Woman and the Goblins together, as well as Sandman being in a deck that is largely low-cost/power cards.

Inquisitor77 on
    My worst deck ever is every single deck I'm running when this asshole pulls out Leader final round and wins a tie on sheer and pure unadulterated skill

I put Destroyer in this fucking Shuri Zola deck so I could do the Invisible Woman 30 power Taskmaster thing and I haven't gotten it to line up ONCE.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I have a new challenge for the thread! It's time for us to create The Worst. Deck. Evar.

Here are the rules:
    • The deck cannot consist solely of cards with no abilities and/or cards with negative, zero, or 1-power values. (In other words, don't just build your deck by querying cards with no abilities and lowest power.)
    • Players using the deck should be trying to win, but losing due to the deck itself
    • Bonus points awarded for negative synergies (e.g., Cosmo/Armor in a Destroy deck) - the wackier the better

It's a pretty brute-force approach, I'll admit. But there's something fun there with Invisible Woman and the Goblins together, as well as Sandman being in a deck that is largely low-cost/power cards.

I have won a lot of games with anti synergy piles of “cards I just want boosters for” so honestly I don’t know what we could make unplayable

Doctor Detroit
    Unpredictability is a huge benefit in this game so you're going to win games just messing with your opponent's pattern recognition.

"He just snapped. He's gonna Ultron me right? He has Patriot out there, it has to be Doom or Ultron. I better play Killmonger. WHY THE FUCK WOULD IT BE SHE-HULK TASKMASTER?! FUCK YOU."

SeGaTai

Here are the rules:

Here's my stab at it. Mainly Agatha making even worse decisions than usual.

elv3b6e6reh2.png

When friend battle mode goes in soon, we should have a Bad Deck Tournament.

Inquisitor77
    8bqqmkb8jfyo.png

These are kind of the most understatted guys for the cost. Three cost is by far the hardest I think that might be the cost with the most decent cards? It was Kingpin or Cerebro and I figured giving 2 power to Hela or something might accidentally win us the game more.

It's a lot of cards that have no payoff. Ghost Rider and Hela without ways to discard, Dagger and Kraven without movement, Death, Deadpool, and Knull without ways to kill anyone. If Warlock is cheating, Bucky or Daredevil are basically equivalently awful with no good ways to pay off Daredevil in this deck.

Inquisitor77