As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Marvel Snap] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Pulled a Winter Ebony Maw this evening. So that’s still a possibility. Would have preferred Rogue, since I don’t have her, but I’ll take it.

And Lockjaw showed up in the shop. Figured he’s worth a pin. Only 900 tokens to go. :#

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Having played a Leader deck from 60 to 80 in almost a day

That card feels like cheating

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    I have a new challenge for the thread! It's time for us to create The Worst. Deck. Evar.

Here are the rules:
    • The deck must contain at least one card at each cost of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6
    • The deck cannot consist solely of cards with no abilities and/or cards with negative, zero, or 1-power values. (In other words, don't just build your deck by querying cards with no abilities and lowest power.)
    • The deck should be weak across as many locations as possible
    • Players using the deck should be trying to win, but losing due to the deck itself
    • Bonus points awarded for negative synergies (e.g., Cosmo/Armor in a Destroy deck) - the wackier the better

Here's my 10-minute first attempt: https://snap.fan/decks/208681/

It's a pretty brute-force approach, I'll admit. But there's something fun there with Invisible Woman and the Goblins together, as well as Sandman being in a deck that is largely low-cost/power cards.

Here's my stab at it. Mainly Agatha making even worse decisions than usual.

elv3b6e6reh2.png

When friend battle mode goes in soon, we should have a Bad Deck Tournament.

Oooh that Strong Guy pick is /chefskiss

ChaosHat wrote: »
    8bqqmkb8jfyo.png

These are kind of the most understatted guys for the cost. Three cost is by far the hardest I think that might be the cost with the most decent cards? It was Kingpin or Cerebro and I figured giving 2 power to Hela or something might accidentally win us the game more.

It's a lot of cards that have no payoff. Ghost Rider and Hela without ways to discard, Dagger and Kraven without movement, Death, Deadpool, and Knull without ways to kill anyone. If Warlock is cheating, Bucky or Daredevil are basically equivalently awful with no good ways to pay off Daredevil in this deck.

Look at this tryhard deck. I explicitly said you can't just sort by lowest Power! =P You can't just meta your way into the Worst. Deck. Evar.!

ObiFettdiscrider
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Hrm Bast in my shop for 6000 tokens but I only have a thousand. That's probably a bad idea to pin isn't it

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Hrm Bast in my shop for 6000 tokens but I only have a thousand. That's probably a bad idea to pin isn't it

Depending on where you are in s3 already, you will either unlock 50 s3 cards on the track before you have enough tokens to afford her or complete all of s3

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Yes. But for one specific deck it’s probably the least-impactful series 5.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I just won four cubes to bad reception

Had snapped early, but was losing to double Dino and Prof X from bar sinister.
    Guy plays nothing and they win.
    I'd already played Blue Marvel, Onslaught and Patriot.
    And then I lose network connection before I can concede.

Come back after timing out.
    Guy has played Sunspot to the open lane.
    Dino Lane ties and I win on power.
    I win four cubes; having played nothing T6.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Somehow I never actually internalized how movement decks work; how does Kraven work when you play him and then move stuff to his location the same turn? Usually moves seem to proc before cards flip, but does Kraven still see the move?

I ate an engineer
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I'd like to send a thank you note to White Tiger & Odin, who have won me two matches where my opponent had already Snapped.

MNC Doverkime
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Pro move: playing zoo bounce vs destroy.
    Leave Angela surrounded with one drops on Atlantis so when Killmonger comes down, he gives Angela +5 power

First spotted Herald of Galactus player tooling around in the 40s with my bad bounce deck.
    Guy was running death wave leader.
    Very sad

discrider on
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Just pulled Titania.

That’s my third Series 4 pull now from collectors caches. Feels good to be lucky there I guess? Even if that’s stealing from my luck in game.

Not sure exactly how to use Titania. I know prior to the series 4 and 5 release that snap.fan seemed pretty keen on her but I feel like most people are running killmonger.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
    MNC Dover
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Saw Rogue in the shop this morning. Kinda quickly backed out of there, that kind of feeling when you play hooky and then you see the principal or your boss at the store or whatever. Could swear as I left the shop I heard her whisper "You can run Hat, but it's just a matter of time."

Also I'm just going to delete Shuri Zola. It's too easy to go back to it, I think I might just try to acclimate and grind it out with Devil Zabu and or Sera Surfer. I just need to force myself to really learn something else.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Mystique has made my Patriot deck more fun and effective, I even got an alright variant for her.

Magell
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I finally stopped trying to force surfer and have been playing a straight patriot/mystique/onslaught deck and things feel much better.

That I keep seeing the location that dumps a rock on the loser after however many turns has just been icing on the cake

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Somehow I never actually internalized how movement decks work; how does Kraven work when you play him and then move stuff to his location the same turn? Usually moves seem to proc before cards flip, but does Kraven still see the move?

Kraven has to be revealed first. So he won't get credit if he's face down when the move happens.

But once he's revealed he gets credit for all moves to his location. This includes if you are moving an unrevealed card or even if Kraven moves alongside the other cards, too (such as a Heimdall play).

Magell
    Ben Brode posted a response to pool 4/5 downgrade schedule and he said they're working on getting that out asap, which probably isn't new information but seems like it might have additional urgency?

The response he posted that WAS new information was a response to "Will any cards be kept in series 5 permanently?" to which he responded "let me get back to you on that one." Honestly as long as it's dumb shit that I have no interest in playing but they're kept as pool 5 for their "epicness" or whatever that's fine by me. If they want to keep Thanos and Galactus in 5 I'd actually appreciate playing against fewer Galactuses.

Saw Rogue in the shop this morning. Kinda quickly backed out of there, that kind of feeling when you play hooky and then you see the principal or your boss at the store or whatever. Could swear as I left the shop I heard her whisper "You can run Hat, but it's just a matter of time."

Also I'm just going to delete Shuri Zola. It's too easy to go back to it, I think I might just try to acclimate and grind it out with Devil Zabu and or Sera Surfer. I just need to force myself to really learn something else.

Get Darkhawk and help me figure out something more resilient. It’s def a neat deck, but it needs another win condition I think. I think I wanna actually cut Spiderman, because most of the time you can annoy your opponent a lot, but without meaningful followup.

Or it’s just one of those decks you have to retreat if you don’t get Zabu.

Had the most elegant, peak Ultron game last night. Pretty new variant Wasp > Patriot > Mystique > Ultron. No fucky locations, nothing the enemy did or could do. Beautiful.

I had a thought, why does Spider-Man work the way he does?

Webs don’t prevent things from going there. They keep things from moving away.

Spider-Man as anti-move tech makes more sense, I think.

I had a thought, why does Spider-Man work the way he does?

Webs don’t prevent things from going there. They keep things from moving away.

Spider-Man as anti-move tech makes more sense, I think.

A tech card against the worst archetype just seems mean.
    akjak wrote: »

Get Darkhawk and help me figure out something more resilient. It’s def a neat deck, but it needs another win condition I think. I think I wanna actually cut Spiderman, because most of the time you can annoy your opponent a lot, but without meaningful followup.

Or it’s just one of those decks you have to retreat if you don’t get Zabu.

Had the most elegant, peak Ultron game last night. Pretty new variant Wasp > Patriot > Mystique > Ultron. No fucky locations, nothing the enemy did or could do. Beautiful.

Hoogland just got to infinite using this.

eam435robh9c.png

He also cut the Spidey. He seemed to have good success without the Zabu though.

MNC Dover
    I was using an earlier base of his, (that I’ve been tweaking) maybe I’ll try that.

• LeperMessiahLeperMessiah Registered User regular
    Green Goblin worth a Pin? I only have 200 tokens atm. Also I did not realize variants could show up, kind of sucks when a Variant Gamora at 5000 tokens takes a rotation slot for you before you have even completed series 3.

Green Goblin worth a Pin? I only have 200 tokens atm. Also I did not realize variants could show up, kind of sucks when a Variant Gamora at 5000 tokens takes a rotation slot for you before you have even completed series 3.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who plays either Goblin is being 100% a dick.

You never want to be 100% a dick.

akjak
    Locations ranked by Hat's reaction upon reveal.

We're okay as long as there's only one of these: Bar with no name, Luke's Bar, Sanctum Sanctorum, Death's Domain, Morag, Miniaturized Lab, The Space Throne, The Big House, Jotunheim, The Crimson Cosmos, Warrior Falls, Vibranium Mine, Lechuguilla
    Siiiiiigh: District X, Weirdworld, Mindscape, Ego, Worldship, Lamentis 1, Subterranea, Triskellion
    WHY?: Central Park, Savage Land, The Ice Box, Sokovia
    Fuck this bullshit: New York, Dream Dimension, Strange Academy

I think this is comprehensive? Everything else is fine or good. Best location I think is Strange London but I might be biased from some Double Shuri into double Panther plays.

Ignore inquisitor, Goblin is fine. I don't think he's worth the tokens though. Tokens should be for:

1) Archetype defining cards that you can build around
    2) Generically good and will be played in a lot of decks.
    3) The final piece in a deck you really like.

So unless he's #3 I'd pass. Gobby may seem like a 2 but the threshold for that is super high. Like Aero, Wave, Mystique. You can move some cards into 2 if you really really like them/decks that use them like maybe Daredevil, Doom, Mysterio, Magik might rise to that level.

akjak

Ignore inquisitor, Goblin is fine. I don't think he's worth the tokens though. Tokens should be for:

So unless he's #3 I'd pass. Gobby may seem like a 2 but the threshold for that is super high. Like Aero, Wave, Mystique. You can move some cards into 2 if you really really like them/decks that use them like maybe Daredevil, Doom, Mysterio, Magik might rise to that level.

https://youtu.be/PpnXVxWJNkA?t=8

MNC Dover
  • LeperMessiahLeperMessiah Registered User regular
    edited January 2023

Yeah, thanks that is why I am torn. Luckily most of my early early pulls were quite decent. The only major [edit] pool 3 [edit]cards I want to show up in shop if not pulled soon would be Sera or Lockjaw as far as major power or deck defining.

LeperMessiah on
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    If you have only 200 tokens, it will take almost a full month to get to 1000 tokens to buy GG, and probably 7 to 8 more series 3 cards (and 1 series 4). I think you would have a more informed decision pinning something when you get closer to 1000, and honestly the shop should fully rotate by then and you could just pin him again if you want.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    MNC Dover
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The response he posted that WAS new information was a response to "Will any cards be kept in series 5 permanently?" to which he responded "let me get back to you on that one." Honestly as long as it's dumb shit that I have no interest in playing but they're kept as pool 5 for their "epicness" or whatever that's fine by me. If they want to keep Thanos and Galactus in 5 I'd actually appreciate playing against fewer Galactuses.
    I also would prefer if Thanos and Galactus are permanently 5 but holy shit. Ben, my dude. What are you doing all day if you haven't figured out yet what you're doing with the system you introduced a month ago?

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

https://youtu.be/PpnXVxWJNkA?t=8

I have an entire deck around stealing cards, weakening cards, sending goblins and leeching the enemy, Cosmo and Goose to shut down lanes

I am Ultra Dick

MNC DoverInquisitor77Munkus BeaverAbsurdProposition
    Coinage wrote: »
    I also would prefer if Thanos and Galactus are permanently 5 but holy shit. Ben, my dude. What are you doing all day if you haven't figured out yet what you're doing with the system you introduced a month ago?

I'm going to guess they had a rough plan, they released the system without having shared that plan with the public, and now they're looking at feedback and other metrics and updating their prior plan.

Yeah, thanks that is why I am torn. Luckily most of my early early pulls were quite decent. The only major [edit] pool 3 [edit]cards I want to show up in shop if not pulled soon would be Sera or Lockjaw as far as major power or deck defining.

Sera is super strong and probably always will be, I think she's probably one of the best possible uses of tokens in the game.

It only took a month from the creation of the token shop and getting to CL2000 but I'm almost there
    SQ8Xly1l.jpg
    I can't wait to get woof woofed

MNC Dover
    Ughhhh Wong is really not that interesting trust me.

I have pinned Bast twice and both times he magically got unpinned somehow.

So I'm just gonna assume pinning doesn't work for me.

If you're playing on PC often apparently pressing escape on the store screen unpins things.

I'd rather have Psylocke but it'll presumably take a month for her to show up again anyway. I guess Hood is coming up...

If you're playing on PC often apparently pressing escape on the store screen unpins things.

I'm on Android. :(

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

We're okay as long as there's only one of these: Bar with no name, Luke's Bar, Sanctum Sanctorum, Death's Domain, Morag, Miniaturized Lab, The Space Throne, The Big House, Jotunheim, The Crimson Cosmos, Warrior Falls, Vibranium Mine, Lechuguilla
    Siiiiiigh: District X, Weirdworld, Mindscape, Ego, Worldship, Lamentis 1, Subterranea, Triskellion

I think this is comprehensive? Everything else is fine or good. Best location I think is Strange London but I might be biased from some Double Shuri into double Panther plays.

I just fell into the @ChaosHat rage dimension.

5wsw61rsg43y.jpeg

Got the win though because Zoo is still good.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited January 2023
    Sweet [late] Christmas! Just pulled Luke Cage.

Can probably have some fun with him, Hazmat, and Mystique…

Aw balls, looks like Wong is needed.

Doctor Detroit on
    akjak
    Coinage wrote: »
    I'd rather have Psylocke but it'll presumably take a month for her to show up again anyway. I guess Hood is coming up...

I bought him with tokens and like...I dunno. He's been okay at best. He doesn't have a play pattern I like. Can you do something? If not I just win, and if you do I just lose. GG. I suppose if you want to play very linearly and not have to think too much then go for it! He's not even a good roleplayer in a deck, I tried him in Zabu and it was just...fine.
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I just fell into the @ChaosHat rage dimension.

Got the win though because Zoo is still good.

My tier list is definitely biased by the kinds of decks I like to play for sure, Zoo is probably one that's least likely to be crushed by a Dream Dimension, although I don't know if anyone likes that location.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Hmmmmm Wong in my shop as well

Hmmmmmmmm probably not gonna get him, is it weird that I’d almost rather get black cat for my hela deck. That’s probably a strange set of priorities