Options

pride [chat]

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Zavian wrote: »
    i need to get some persian clubs

Seriously considering getting either a karla katai or a pair of meels.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Re: Iron Sheik
    operation to repair his damaged left ankle, which is one of the many injuries he has sustained over his long professional and amateur wrestling career, an operation which lasted 9 hours. In an interview after the operation, Khosrow stated that, although he found a big improvement, he felt like he had another 50 percent to fully recover, and as of 2014, he is awaiting another ankle operation.

Age gets us all

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    operation to repair his damaged left ankle, which is one of the many injuries he has sustained over his long professional and amateur wrestling career, an operation which lasted 9 hours. In an interview after the operation, Khosrow stated that, although he found a big improvement, he felt like he had another 50 percent to fully recover, and as of 2014, he is awaiting another ankle operation.

Age gets us all

I always found the ankle to be the Jabroni of the body.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

Age gets us all

I always found the ankle to be the Jabroni of the body.

What about the knees? I kind of feel like knees are bullshit.

Also the back.

Not super pleased with the back.

You know what? Can I just replace my body?

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Echo on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Still plugging away at this attempt to match up everyone in the 1901 census of ireland with a particular surname with the birth, marriage, and death records as part of my genealogy research

Made myself a list of everyone with that surname recorded as having died in the statutory records, to 1901

Separated it out into a list of people born before statutory registration (in 1856) and people born after, who should have a matching entry in the birth records

Sorted the the latter list in descending order by estimated year of birth, and started matching them with birth records so that I can eliminate them from consideration as I try to match census entries

Failed to consider that this means sequentially reading dozens of records of infant deaths

*stares into middle distance*

oh i never knew i had a great aunt agnes!

oh she died of rubella at 18 mos old

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I have had enough work today and would like to stop.

Who the hell is expected to work throughout the end of their shift on a Friday?

What is this? Russia?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

that, uh, looks like a toilet plunger

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    This is why you shouldnt name them until they're 35

• Options
    q2w7p3vpmme3.jpg

• Options
    Going to a fancy steakhouse tonight, so I worked out in preparation. Back on the workout regime after a few months of only lifting once a week

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Can I just say I fucking love that pirated movies now have ads in them.

Like, I know I shouldn't appreciate that fact, but God Damn you gotta love the hustle boys.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    q2w7p3vpmme3.jpg

So the first exercise is ripping them off a Dalek, got it

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    This is why you shouldnt name them until they're 35

One of the complications here is that many parents in the time and place didn't name the child until baptism, with registration of the birth usually happening before then.

Lots of blank forenames only matchable by parent's names or by narrowing down by proximity to the informant.

Also for the people involved, the fact that their child died unbaptised is probably a particular extra twist of the knife.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    im gonna be extra gay this month out of respect

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Just started Kingdom Hearts 3. I played Kingdom Hearts 2 17 years ago. It's been an hour of completely incomprehensible cutscenes. I feel like I smoked salvia and am trapped in a confusing stroke ridden world.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Ugh I should shave my shoulders and back so I can be very gay in a tank top

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Waiting on the light rail alongside three girls who seem to be making a point out of being as interchangeable as possible

All three are very blonde, with light coloured short dresses under dark blazers with relatively tall black boots

I'd require thorough cross-examination and extensive notes to tell one from the other

Exactly the age cohort I am going to be dealing with in the door in half an hour and I'm wondering when my young people face blindness will become a genuine handicap

I wonder if I could get disability by going "I am now too old to differentiate guests beyond "generic white girl" and "generic white boy" leaving me unable to perform my duties"

Currently in Sweden and I’ll be honest there is a certain kind of local Swede where my brain shuts down and they look exactly like everyone else. This place kind of has a lock on generic blonde person.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

or- hear me out-

dont shave them and be very gay in your tank top

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I feel like a hairy dude with shades and facial hair in a tank top is v gay but what do I know?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    I decided that I mostly dig the matte look of the screen protector i got for my iPhone.

Unfortunately I failed horribly at applying it, so eventually the dust specks will drive me nuts enough to get a new one, and possibly rent some time in a CPU factory clean room.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    When I get a new phone I just don't take off that plastic film it comes with

I've had my current phone for two and a half years and it's still a decent screen quality

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Just started Kingdom Hearts 3. I played Kingdom Hearts 2 17 years ago. It's been an hour of completely incomprehensible cutscenes. I feel like I smoked salvia and am trapped in a confusing stroke ridden world.

The bigger surprise would be if any of the plot started making sense.

navgoose on
  • Options

"A Hyuk! Gorsh!" ::whispers from afar::

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Reno Pride isn’t until the end of July

Sucks but I might get to ride on a float this year

I don’t actually want to do that tho

• Options
    Real talk when I do a Goofy impression my wife straight up gets PISSED.

It's like nails on a chalk board for her.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I have internet again

Back on my bullshit and more powerful than ever

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »

They even let me watch five cutscenes to "sum up" the previous stories. Absolute gibberish.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Real talk when I do a Goofy impression my wife straight up gets PISSED.

It's like nails on a chalk board for her.

I haven’t heard it but I can already tell I’m with her

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »

Fully understanding what's going on just leaves you with the realization that it's all absurd and incoherent and most of the characters are morons.

• Options
    Otoh Hercules and Hades!
    *Claps hands*

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    $5.55 a gallon AFTER my fuel points discount

• Options
    Jesus The Boys, Orville, and Jurassic World 3 all dropped this week.

That's a lot of entertainment, although I really do think the Boys is going to be regarded as fondly as Entourage in 10 years.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Like, I know I shouldn't appreciate that fact, but God Damn you gotta love the hustle boys.

What garbage piracy service are you using? If it's anything but a group splash screen at the very start, that's violating all kinds of unspoken piracy rules.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

What garbage piracy service are you using? If it's anything but a group splash screen at the very start, that's violating all kinds of unspoken piracy rules.

farmersonly

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Razor 1911 has its own Wikipedia entry. What a world.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    im gonna be extra gay this month out of respect

I’m gonna be extra enby.

• Options
    With how long it takes to get through a [chat] thread these days this one might actually last the entire month.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

farmersonly

categorically not pirates, that’s your problem

• Options

real talk: that’s why KH is good

i lied it’s the combat, but also the incomprehensible plot is a feature and not a bug

This discussion has been closed.