Options

pride [chat]

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Piratesonly. You swipe to port or to starboard.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    im gonna be extra gay this month out of respect

I’m gonna be extra enby.

I'm gonna be extra cishet to provide a point of reference

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    This is the second weekend in a row that I’m signing off on Friday pissed off at work at a single group and I know it’s going to bother me all weekend and I’m fucking angry about it.

I’m going to have to talk to my boss who also manages this group on Monday. I’m tired of a three person team of do nothings promising other groups data they don’t own and then barking deadlines at me and guilt tripping when there are issues and their shitty unreasonable inappropriately-set deadlines get missed.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    port means left

because both have four letters

• Options

"Red flags for me are..."
    A sign no quarter will be given

"My ideal first date venue is..."
    ARRRRby's

"My love language is..."
    Words of affARRRmation

"My favourite letter is..."
    You may have been expecting R, but no, a pirate's first love is the C

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I am PRIDE now

• Options
    Oof I either just got deja vu or I’m having a premonition and I have a rough Monday ahead of me.

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »
    port means left

And port is red (for navigation lights), because port wine is red

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    port means left

And port is red (for navigation lights), because port wine is red

Whereas starboard wine is green

• Options
    Red
    Right
    Comraderie

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    What color wine from the poopdeck?

• Options
    Also, fore comes before and aft comes after

And the poop deck is at the back because that's where poop comes from

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I bought a lawnmower
    i will now bitch about people who don't have well manicured sodded lawns.
    oh wait mine isnt sodded
    fuck

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Sod your lawn, Dewback

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »
    What color wine from the poopdeck?

Strobbery

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ugh I should shave my shoulders and back so I can be very gay in a tank top

Live your truth

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    @Zavian Huh, Charlie Chaplin did some clubs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96bUuVtgoik

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Just started Kingdom Hearts 3. I played Kingdom Hearts 2 17 years ago. It's been an hour of completely incomprehensible cutscenes. I feel like I smoked salvia and am trapped in a confusing stroke ridden world.

Sometimes ya just gotta nort a boy.

Now Playing:
    Dragon Ball FighterZ [PC] - Sure is a lot of not killing Goku going on right now.
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    Left s fuck

Four letters

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular

brb, making an app that has a swipe direction that is tied to the orientation of the phone in relation to the earth

• Options
    Four means sex

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    There are FOUR sexy lights!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    On the topic of Pride I’ve seen a lot of ads in Germany of what I consider the funniest rebranding effort of all time.

Total renaming to Total Energies. Rainbow gradients and images of green fields and forests and animals and windmills. It’s really something to behold.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @syndalis I’m really happy you seem to have had a good time here and I hope you return some time! Have a pleasant trip home!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Archeologist in the future
    I found a treasure map but I can't understand the directions
    left none
    right beef

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Archeologist in the future
    I found a treasure map but I can't understand the directions
    left none
    right beef

It means there are walking dead zombies inside.

Drez on
  • Options
    v909jobrkz86.png

• Options
    port means left

So there's a raid boss in FFXIV that does an attack that is called either Starboard Wave Cannon or Larboard Wave Cannon. It covers one entire side of the area.

So okay, you're not the tank, you stand behind the ass of the boss. Larboard means left, so you step to the right to get away from that half of the area.

Except the attack also spins the boss 180 degrees, and then it does a Wave Cannon again. Is it Larboard again? OK, now you step to the left instead because it's the left of the boss, not your left.

Having your brain parse "starboard" and "larboard" depending on which way the boss is facing is a real mindbender.

bkdcsoodg0ik.png

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Ugh I should shave my shoulders and back so I can be very gay in a tank top

or- hear me out-

dont shave them and be very gay in your tank top

But, but… my decades of feeling like my extremely hairy upper arms and shoulders are gross

• Options
    Larboard

jfc square are you okay

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Larboard

jfc square are you okay

Yaarp

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    lardboard
    just really greased up with duck fat so you can't grapple the boss

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Square is actually just a some sort of AI now and it makes whatever game it wants from the parts of all past games.

• Options
    Larboard

jfc square are you okay

2xtmk7j05fe7.png

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Square is actually just a some sort of AI now and it makes whatever game it wants from the parts of all past games.

I'd play a new Front Mission cobbled from past Front Missions.

• Options
    This Omega is v accurate

5be0mlbq8d59.png

• Options
    Exeunt bug left

• Options
    edited June 2022
    omega is #1 beetle bug

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    1:15 for wave cannon funtimes.

https://youtu.be/Eutu8EXcmk0?t=75

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Operation Silent Law
    Intel caught wind of ADVENT transporting some object. They weren't able to determine what it was, but they were sure ADVENT considered it valuable, and that its transport would be vulnerable as it passed through the slums of Ibadan. Telum, cooljammer00, @Lucedes, Lux, @emnmnme, and tosorak were deployed to retrieve the item. On site, they were joined by a defecting stunlancer, and a resistance soldier named Kellen O'Reilly. The target vehicle was parked in the street outside an ADVENT station, and the squad approached in concealment from the opposite end of the building. Two pods were scouted, one of a lancer and priest and another of two spectres and an archon.

While we had the ability to engage them separately, I instead elected to have tosorak charge from concealment to skulljack the priest, even though this would draw both pods at once. Tosorak pulled off the skulljack, killing the priest and recovering some intel. Funnily enough, this will not be the decision of mine that tosorak regrets the most this mission. The lancer scambled for the roof. Next, cooljammer00 hit the archon pod with a plasma grenade. emnmnme moved onto the roof of the station to get shots on the exposed and weakened aliens, but in doing so activated the pod of a spectre, shieldbearer, and trooper that had been standing watch on the roof. With threats quickly accumulating, Lucedes moved to take out some of our priority targets, finishing one of the wounded spectres with a thrown axe and the archon with a shotgun chain shot. One of the spectres from that pod remained, but it was out of cover and still recovering from our ambush so we expected it to just scramble for cover when it had the chance.

We turned our attention to the enemies on the roof. The roof pod's spectre was too close to the ladder for Telum to get onto the roof without losing concealment, so we made it our first target. Our stunlancer scaled the roof and stuck it with their prod, and emnmnme followed up with a lightning hands from their pistol and a shot from their rifle. While Zen wasn't able to directly help in this engagement, for some reason unable to grapple onto the roof, they were able to use their combat presence to let emnmnme get one more pistol shot off to finish the spectre. With the way clear, Telum got up there and blew away the enemy stunlancer with a shotgun ambush. This still left the shieldbearer, trooper, and wounded spectre alive without any way to kill them this turn, but Zen threw a mimic beacon onto to roof which drew their fire. The spectre actually remained out of cover to shoot the mimic beacon, making our job a bit easier for us. emnmnme mopped up the spectre, O'Reilly and emnmnme the shieldbearer, and Lucedes the trooper.

With the area temporarily clear, the squad regrouped and reloaded. We knew from intel that there was still a gatekeeper pod somewhere in the area, so while tosorak went to retrieve the objective everyone else took up firing positions on the roof. This is the part that tosorak will regret the most, because I misunderstood the map, and its edge in the direction of the transport was actually a bit further than I thought. So what I thought was a cleared edge of the map actually had just enough room to hide a gatekeeper and two sectoids, which patrolled out of fog of war and into tosorak. While the sectoids scrambled to cover, the gatekeeper just held and crit tosorak through cover for 15 damage. Now tosorak only had 15 health, but he also thankfully had one armor, so he survived with 1hp. The gatekeeper pod was going to be tricky to deal with, as it was far away enough that most of the squad couldn't get within range of it with a single action. Telum, with a teamwork from emnmnme and a grapple, was able to get close enough for a holo-targeting shredding shadowstrike shotgun blast, and lucedes followed up with a shredding shotgun blast of their own. This got the gatekeeper low enough for emnmnme to finish it off with a snipe. After that, the remaing two sectoids were easy pickings, finished by emnmnme and the lancer.

With the area clear once again, tosorak had their gremlin put their guts back in, but right away a flare for reinforcements popped. Much of the squad was still able to ready overwatches against this though, including a killzone from emnmnme. They had the Hunter's sniper making shots with it only need one action, and death from above meaning killing shots from high ground refunded an action. For some reason I thought WotC made death from above not let you get infinite shots like that anymore. Maybe it did and that was a hair trigger proc. Whatever the case, a stunlancer, captain, and purifier dropped and were shot to death before they could do anything. With the AO finally, actually clear, tosorak hacked open the crate inside the transport and retrieved the objective, pulling a lead from the ADVENT network on the black site it came from in the process.

mA1dHRfl.png

Lucedes has been promoted to colonel for this operation.

tosorak killed a priest and a purifier.
    Lucedes killed a spectre, an archon, a trooper.
    emnmnme killed two spectres, a shieldbearer, a gatekeeper, a sectoid, and a captain.
    Telum killed a stunlancer.
    Our stunlancer killed a sectoid.
    O'Reilly killed a stunlancer.

This discussion has been closed.