Organichu wrote: »
    I’m at micro center and there are dozens of 3070s and 3080s

Stock has become pretty available the last few months

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I’m at micro center and there are dozens of 3070s and 3080s

Stock has become pretty available the last few months

Haha I took the silence from other charters to mean ‘it still sucks and we’ve given up’ rather than ‘we’re not complaining, since it’s gotten better’

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Don’t worry, the 4000 series will be out soon and we’ll go back to none of us ever getting anything we want, ever, for all eternity in this bleak, barren, sad existence.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2022
    @cB557 I just had my first chryssalid terror mission (I hadn't even SEEN snakemen before the mission, so when I was approaching it I was like "are there.. even aliens that aren't floaters/sectoids allowed?")

Anyway end score: me 30, aliens 1.

I'm definitely going to pay attention to the final death tally when I win the game because so far the difference between me trying cautiously on Superhuman and fucking around on veteran is something like a factor of ten, at least wrt kdr

Shivahn on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Until we declare war on and defeat all the bots, that is.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    b42h73a7mft5.png

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    DnD was cancelled tonight so I consoled myself by picking up Dark Heresy 2nd Edition

I'm only at the character generation chapter, but I love Warhammer fluff so much

Like this quote from a Tech Priest:
    Cease. You dishonour the machine spirit. Speak the litany first, and only then strike the siding so.

They've turned swearing at and hitting machines that don't work into a religion

First edition is better imho but I own literally all the first edition books so I’m biased

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    b42h73a7mft5.png

All those fans allow the video card to double as a Back to the Future hoverboard.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    anyone have any suggestions on 40k PC games? all I know is they vary in quality a ton; there's a steam sale going on for them currently
    https://store.steampowered.com/sale/skulls

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    “Approximately 10 months ago, you purchased TORANI SUGAR FREE VANILLA COFFEE SYRUP 325ml

How satisfied are you with this purchase?”

. . went the email I got today

• Options
    anyone have any suggestions on 40k PC games? all I know is they vary in quality a ton; there's a steam sale going on for them currently

I haven't heard of half of those. Battle Sisters? Tempestfall?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Chaos Gate:Daemonhunters is a good X-Com clone that is very very 40k. Space Marine is fantastic. Dawn of War 1 and its first expansion have good story based single player, the rest are more "conquer the planet types" but good. Dawn of War 2 and all the expansions have excellent single player. Dawn of War 3 is meh. Gladius is kind of its own thing and you want all the expansions. I am not a huge fan but some love it. Battlesector feels very much like 40k but in a game but only has 4 of the factions if you have all the expansions. Mechanicus is another good turn based game for cheap.

Total War Warhammer is old world fantasy and 2 and 3 are great. I heard hired gun was okay. Inquisitor Martyr is better now but still just okay.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Chaos Gate:Daemonhunters is a good X-Com clone that is very very 40k. Space Marine is fantastic. Dawn of War 1 and its first expansion have good story based single player, the rest are more "conquer the planet types" but good. Dawn of War 2 and all the expansions have excellent single player. Dawn of War 3 is meh. Gladius is kind of its own thing and you want all the expansions. I am not a huge fan but some love it. Battlesector feels very much like 40k but in a game but only has 4 of the factions if you have all the expansions. Mechanicus is another good turn based game for cheap.

Total War Warhammer is old world fantasy and 2 and 3 are great. I heard hired gun was okay. Inquisitor Martyr is better now but still just okay.

yeah I love the classic warhammer games like Total War Warhammer series and Vermintide 1 and 2, the only 40k game Ive played really though has been Dawn of War series and Space Marine

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Laying in bed with your eyes closed from 10 to 1, giving up and using the computer for an hour, then going back to sleep badly for 3 more hours counts as rest right.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

yeah I love the classic warhammer games like Total War Warhammer series and Vermintide 1 and 2, the only 40k game Ive played really though has been Dawn of War series and Space Marine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirkpurLHkU

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Atomika wrote: »
    “Approximately 10 months ago, you purchased TORANI SUGAR FREE VANILLA COFFEE SYRUP 325ml

Look they know it takes a while to go through a bottle of flavor syrup.

They don't want halfass first-impression reviews!

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    yeah I think Mechanicus is going to be my pick, for $6 doesn't seem like a bad deal

also Gladius is having a free weekend so will check that out; yay for free!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/489630/Warhammer_40000_Gladius__Relics_of_War/

Zavian on
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »

Look they know it takes a while to go through a bottle of flavor syrup.

They don't want halfass first-impression reviews!

“Dear sirs and madams and sundry others,

I have been seething for ten months hence, angrily awaiting your increasingly absent inquiry into my satisfaction,”

• Options
    Y’all gotta go watch The Essex Serpent, it’s the dumbest shit

It’s about a widower who falls in love with a married priest in late 1800s England and she spends her free time digging for dinosaur fossils and taking care of her autistic son. The priest is played by Loki and there’s also murders and witchcraft and a holy crusade and a sea monster. Plus a character invents cardiovascular surgery!

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Maybe I shouldn't be downloading and playing games from game pass right before bed.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    My shortest opinions are that Daemonhunter, Total Warhammer and DoW2 are all very fun in their genre

Space Marine is cool but I wonder how it aged. It has somewhat similar ideas as nuDoom but with the tempo of GoW.
    Martyr is a tough sell, Diablolikes need to have perfect flow for me to be worthwhile, and the lack of variety (enemies, levels, gear/build) didn't make the cut.

Warhammer 3 is on GP it is also still in post launch growing pains

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    IRWIN FINKLE!
    qkt1lh515z4i.png

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Y’all gotta go watch The Essex Serpent, it’s the dumbest shit

It’s about a widower who falls in love with a married priest in late 1800s England and she spends her free time digging for dinosaur fossils and taking care of her autistic son. The priest is played by Loki and there’s also murders and witchcraft and a holy crusade and a sea monster. Plus a character invents cardiovascular surgery!

The serpent is his penis

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Crimson Peak with Loki was okay

I cant remember if it was about incest or not

I mean, probably

Tumin on
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I just slayed a manager with a disapproving dad stare. Critical hit. To her credit she saw her credibility vaporize on the spot and admitted she should probably know more about the process (she was out of line pressuring another tech and did not know enough to even parse the responses and came to me to complain they were frustrated and rude)

• Options
    My wife will raise the eyebrow indicating truthsense is in effect, she even has an emergency evil eye ready for use. I rarely use the stare of disappointment on my kids, don't know if I've even tried it on someone else.

Works wonders on the dog, whiffs on cats ever time.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW3gaelBypY

The story at 9:30 about the advanced cook stoves working on paper but failing in reality just reminded me - what happened with that 1 Laptop Per Child program from a decade ago?

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw1nh_79wNI
    A decade means 15 years ago. *cough*

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW3gaelBypY

The story at 9:30 about the advanced cook stoves working on paper but failing in reality just reminded me - what happened with that 1 Laptop Per Child program from a decade ago?

Well ideally we've thrown 3 laptops per child.into the trash by now

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    My wife will raise the eyebrow indicating truthsense is in effect, she even has an emergency evil eye ready for use. I rarely use the stare of disappointment on my kids, don't know if I've even tried it on someone else.

Works wonders on the dog, whiffs on cats ever time.

That cat meets your stare of disappointment with it's own and scoffs at your ineffectual infantile attempt

• Options
    Oopsie the factory interpreted the request as one child per laptop (as an ingredient).

Please forgive the missing children. Our bad.

• Options
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kto7bAHzUAT3fH4eOAmKtZ6em4tuH-Sd/view?usp=drivesdk

Do any of you know why this would be happening? It’s a decent drill, brand new hole saw. The pilot hole went fine but the hole saw completely seizes up on what feels like basic, cheap, ikea tier material

I don’t use tools often; am I doing something dumb and wrong

• Options
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kto7bAHzUAT3fH4eOAmKtZ6em4tuH-Sd/view?usp=drivesdk

Do any of you know why this would be happening? It’s a decent drill, brand new hole saw. The pilot hole went fine but the hole saw completely seizes up on what feels like basic, cheap, ikea tier material

Is it set to high speed low torque? Does it have adjustable torque?

MORE TORQUE

• Options

Red Ones Go Faster

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    navgoose wrote: »
    Oopsie the factory interpreted the request as one child per laptop (as an ingredient).

Please forgive the missing children. Our bad.

In the 41st Millennium this is Tuesday on Mars

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I have tried it on low and high speed, low and high torque, no force and lots of force. The pilot bit easily went through the whole thing. The hole saw can get down like, a sixteenth of an inch before freezing? I even used another hole saw I had on hand to confirm it isn’t dull blades

n8et0yt1049m.jpeg

I’m doing something wrong that’s very basic, or this material is actually ridiculously durable? Idk

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Maybe finish with a reciprocating saw?

I dunno I don’t think I’ve ever had that happen

Havelock2.0 on
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    The only power tool I own is this drill. But I could probably use one of these bigger bits to remove a lot of bulk material and then sand it down as needed to fit the grommet 🤔

vahxon2k7bgg.jpeg

Organichu on
This discussion has been closed.