Buy a jig saw and become a carpenter

Does Chu even like puzzles?

Did you say pretzels?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Organichu wrote: »

You should buy a mikita drill / impact driver combo pack for like $100 because you'll use it way more than you think and it's nice to have around.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Fuck it get the big combo pack. Someday you will need a saws all or a skill saw.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I don’t know that it makes sense for me to buy a tool. I’m not much of a diy’er; usually the full extent of my use is drilling holes for screws. This is the first thing I’ve ever tried I couldn’t do with my 12v.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    We watched Jurassic Park with the kiddo

God that movie still incredible

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm making rhubarb jam right now AMA

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

is it gonna be so delicious

what are you going to eat it on

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    We watched Jurassic Park with the kiddo

God that movie still incredible

I have new feelings about Goldblum every time

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Top Gun 2 was very enjoyable and also the best Ace Combat movie of all time

Serious, it's real good, and surprisingly touching without being too hammy.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Man, No Man's Sky is so different. Like, it feels like a completely different game after the first couple hours.

In a lot of ways, it's doing a lot of what I wanted from Star Citizen.

(Bad side of that - it even has the frequent pirate attacks >.>)

The only thing I would like that it doesn't have is a ship market. You can buy or trade ships, but only with random encounters (At least, that I've found so far). So it's really hard to get a sense as to the different ships and whether I want to swap mine out for another.

EDIT: I think the greatest aspect of No Man's Sky is that it's still built primarily as a single player game - but there's been a strong development on the multiplayer side. So my gaming misanthropy isn't hindering me at all.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    I think dk solved this for me. I’d been adjusting my torque ring thing from 1-20, but i didn’t realize there’s a setting beyond 20 that’s like- drill (the icon). I am not finishing tonight because it’s 930 and I’m in an apartment but it’s working! Achieved a little more depth

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    My toolchest is sitting outside right now locked and under a tarp while my garage floor cures and I'm :-| about it

Also a garage cabinet I took down was carelessly placed outside by one of the dudes and the hard wind today knocked it over onto my toolchest for its first ding, which was also :-|

It's on the back so, ugh, whatever, but sad panda

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    *adjusts crotch* yep looks like ya gotcher torque ring set fer screwin when you wanna be drillin

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    *adjusts crotch* yep looks like ya gotcher torque ring set fer screwin when you wanna be drillin

Sher enuff

• Options
    edited June 2022
    So I was right but unhelpful in format, approach, and content

nailed it

Tumin on
  • Options
    Though I did quickly learn that in this mode, if you’re not beating the surface the surface is beating you. The drill almost ripped itself out of my hand by twisting so hard, a few times. Works great tho.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Something interesting: the movie had a clip filmed of Cruise before it started proper thanking the audience for coming out and man, Cruise...did not look good it it. Like, noticeably aged. Supposedly they've had the movie in the can for a few years, and I guess the new Mission Impossible is just good make-up work, but man has some lines in his face.

It bears repeating: it's really fucking good.

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

is it gonna be so delicious

what are you going to eat it on

It's half sugar, like most jam, and filled with tangy rhubarb so yes.

Toast.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I don’t know that it makes sense for me to buy a tool. I’m not much of a diy’er; usually the full extent of my use is drilling holes for screws. This is the first thing I’ve ever tried I couldn’t do with my 12v.

Dear Penthouse,

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Had a thunderstorm come in around 4 and knock the power out until almost 8.

First I sat out on the deck and watched the rain and then I went inside and sat quietly in the dark

Until stepdad found a boombox with batteries and started playing the most blarney-ass Irish folk music I've ever heard.

Several songs I recognized and then there was one that included the line

"And sure as my name is Barney, I'm off to Califarney!"

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    There are desirability levels. He's a 5. She's a 10. If someone is below another person's desirability level, they will say, "They're out of my league." If someone is above another person's desirability level, they will say, "They're not in my league."

What's it called where saying two nearly identical things can have opposite meanings? It's not a colloquialism, it's a ... nuanced ... thing.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I don't troubleshoot by proxy well. Literally just straight assumed Chu was setting his drill up correctly when he said he tried it at high torque.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Contextual?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Thunderstorms are great. Literally one of my favorite things to watch and see.

Then our pup hates thunder or loud noises and I really hate that a loud garbage can means a half hour of dog time.

I love our dude forever but really wish a random thump wasnt a freak out evening event.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Contextual?

Could be. 'In this scenario, you say it this way. In that scenario, you say it that way.'

• Options
    Yeah I guess idk what the difference is behind high torque and drill mode. Tools are magic

• Options
    Yeah I guess idk what the difference is behind high torque and drill mode. Tools are magic

Higher torque

It goes to 11

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    in using a drill I've learned that if it's not tearing into the material you're probably doing it wrong somewhere

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

It disengages the clutch, and locks the chuck directly to the motor.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Jurassic Park is pretty awesome for managing to stay a favorite after all this time, especially considering how it hardly has a story or thematic arcs

And still! It works. One of the last times Spielberg was truly great*.

*I’m still sad he apparently got put off of doing musicals after West Side Story, he knocked that out of the damn park

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    Jurassic Park is pretty awesome for managing to stay a favorite after all this time, especially considering how it hardly has a story or thematic arcs

*I’m still sad he apparently got put off of doing musicals after West Side Story, he knocked that out of the damn park

Hardly has arcs? Dr. Grant hates kids at the beginning, by the end he's got his arms around them like a mother hen on the helicopter.

• Options
    And Jeff Goldblum starts out confident and ends as a Trex

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    @Atomika was a delightful dinner guest tonight. Also what the hell was with the weather today. The day had gone all sunny and then just out of nowhere the floodgates burst asunder.

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »
    And Jeff Goldblum starts out confident and ends loaded up with weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0afQyHFlNQ

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Hardly has arcs? Dr. Grant hates kids at the beginning, by the end he's got his arms around them like a mother hen on the helicopter.

within movie storytelling you're not wrong

real life truth bomb: he probably still hates kids. Anyone can take care of people in a crisis situation, but that long-term, day in day out, losing by attrition thing is a bitch

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    @Atomika was a delightful dinner guest tonight. Also what the hell was with the weather today. The day had gone all sunny and then just out of nowhere the floodgates burst asunder.

It was deeeelightful 😇

You have the best dog

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Something that never fails to blow my mind is Spielberg doing Jurassic Park and Schindlers List is the same year

He was actually still working on post for JP while filming Schindlers List

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

No I agree! But that’s it! “Dr Grant kinda gets over being annoyed by kids” is the biggest arc in the film.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    And John Hammond starts out full of hubris but he ends up eaten by compys

This discussion has been closed.