Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - On The TL

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

On The TL!

Penny Arcade - Comic - On The TL

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Posts

  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I'm so old I remember when video games were just for having fun

  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    I'm so old I remember when video games were just for having fun

    Back when Elden Ring would have been the norm and not the exception.

  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    Honestly, as far as final comics go, a Thelma and Louise reference isn't that bad. 24 years was a helluva run.

    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Registered User regular
    Small trivia. The ending for Thelma and Louise was changed at the last minute.

    The version PA drew up that has nobody chasing them is quite the gesture.

  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Time is chasing them

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    This was comedy gold. Blizzard going "free to play" really makes you feel like this.

  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I tried Immortal and realized I'd rather just play Diablo III some more.

  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I tried Immortal and realized I'd rather just play Diablo III some more.

    Seems for some people they go that route, or others go back to diablo 2, still others ask for their moms credit card and spend thousands of dollars.

    Takes all kinds.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    This is probably my favorite comic this year at least

    I can basically replace the first word bubble with anything, and it's just as funny to me

    (and man, do I wish the DLC podcast were back for this)

    el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    I tried Immortal and realized I'd rather just play Diablo III some more.

    Seems for some people they go that route, or others go back to diablo 2, still others ask for their moms credit card and spend thousands of dollars.

    Takes all kinds.

    Technically I went to go try the updated Diablo II. It's really good but then I wanted more numbers more up.

  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    I tried Immortal and realized I'd rather just play Diablo III some more.

    Seems for some people they go that route, or others go back to diablo 2, still others ask for their moms credit card and spend thousands of dollars.

    Takes all kinds.

    Technically I went to go try the updated Diablo II. It's really good but then I wanted more numbers more up.

    Path of Exile has pretty huge numbers.

  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I fall in the camp of people who think Diablo Immortal has a really strong foundation and is genuinely a very solid entry in the Diablo franchise from a gameplay perspective. However, I also think their monetization and blatant greed and hyper-aggressive marketing completely destroy that strong foundation. When I look at DI, all I see is a meme picture of Bobby Kotick with Dollar Signs in his eyes.

    I went back to D2. Trying an elemental Druid build. Never done that before.

Sign In or Register to comment.