Options

[TMNT Games] Shredder's Revenge is out now and is also radically good??

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    I don't think they listed who did Shredder or Krang in the game credits. Wonder if they forked over a few more bucks to Mike Patton to be Krang, because dude could definitely pull it off. As for Shredder, I checked IMDB and I'm not sure how reliable the 'All Cast' page is, because they've got
    0mqqovvlaaoi.png
    and he's got a pretty distinctive voice, so I'm not sure how accura-
    msp7y61znk07.png

Okay, yeah, not a reliable page.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Looks like the RE 2, 3 and 7 X/S upgrades are out now.

Didn't realize 7 was getting the treatment too. Installing all 3 again. Been pretty excited for this.

Wrong thread I think. This is for the TMNT game itself.

I don't think they listed who did Shredder or Krang in the game credits. Wonder if they forked over a few more bucks to Mike Patton to be Krang, because dude could definitely pull it off. As for Shredder, I checked IMDB and I'm not sure how reliable the 'All Cast' page is, because they've got
    0mqqovvlaaoi.png
    and he's got a pretty distinctive voice, so I'm not sure how accura-
    msp7y61znk07.png

Okay, yeah, not a reliable page.

I checked IMDB and saw the original Turtles actors plus people listed as additional voices and someone for April O’Neal and Casey Jones. No one listed for Shredder.
    r7eei4ghkopx.png
    xqng0rz3rqun.png

Nitsua on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Oh my, the game has a dodge roll.

Bought.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Maybe Shredder was voiced by Jim Cummings? He played Shredder in the Nickelodeon Smash Bros. thing.

At any rate, this game pulls off the magic trick of being exactly like your memories of the original games while actually being vastly better than the original games.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    One of Matt McMuscles' nitpicks with the game is that some of the boss battles were exactly like the boss battles from previous games.

For him that's a problem because he's a big fan of the older games. I barely remember them so it's all new to me.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    I tried some 6-player with randos today.

Shit is chaos. I love it!

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    I’d be down for some multiplayer likely tomorrow after work if anyone else is. I’d really like to see what 6 player is like in this. Last time I experienced that was on those special X-men arcade games with the really wide screen.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Hopping into multi is dirt easy. You can do it with the 'Find Players' button on the Character Select screen or on each individual level on the Story Mode world map. The 'Find Players' button shows you the host, how many are in the game, and if you're on the world map how far through the level you're parked on they currently are. The drop-in drop-out is speedy and painless (on PS5, don't know how the PC and Switch speeds are).

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    One of Matt McMuscles' nitpicks with the game is that some of the boss battles were exactly like the boss battles from previous games.

For him that's a problem because he's a big fan of the older games. I barely remember them so it's all new to me.

The bebop and rocksteady fights arent 1:1 but theyre close yeah

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I tried some 6-player with randos today.

Shit is chaos. I love it!

Hell yeah! Going to have to get into that sometime. I remember from the Casey Jones/6 player multi final trailer that the number of foot soldier bodies flying around was pretty absurd looking.

About to try out April. Breaking news: Shredder is about to get fucked up.😎

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Yeah I played 6 player and while it isn’t really feasible as like a proper game mode, outside of maybe a team of experts who can somehow see what’s going on, it’s super fun.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Maybe Shredder was voiced by Jim Cummings? He played Shredder in the Nickelodeon Smash Bros. thing.

It's possible but I compared the voice in the game to his voice as Shredder and it doesn't really match.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    This game is amazing.

I can't believe this is the people being Scott Pilgrim because I loved that game but the combat wasn't great.

This game feels almost like they traveled back in time and cloned the Turtles in Time devs or something.

I'm seriously hoping they somehow manage to get the rights to do an X-Men beat em up.

Someone go yell at Disney for me.

• Options
    This game is amazing.

I can't believe this is the people being Scott Pilgrim because I loved that game but the combat wasn't great.

This game feels almost like they traveled back in time and cloned the Turtles in Time devs or something.

I'm seriously hoping they somehow manage to get the rights to do an X-Men beat em up.

Someone go yell at Disney for me.

That and the Simpsons arcade game.

Both were relreleased on PSN/Xbox Live Arcade (and later delisted) but we need more.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    ICYMI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9ArHx9ctgU

I wound up nerding out a lot more than I anticipated over all the various Turtle trivia and stuff this game brings to mind. And given I've been here almost since the beginning... I should have seen it coming.

It was a shell of a fun time. And we still have six more stages to go!

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Mikey is not only really good at air combos, I've found he is also a Time God and can murder with traffic cones. Unique skillset.

• Options
    He did win the multiverse fighting championship

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Donatello is pretty OP too, the range on his bo means you can keep most bosses at arms length while inflicting damage.

• Options
    I feel like Donatello has always been the best at this style of TMNT game dating back to the first NES game because of that reach. Knowing he would likely be the best character I've saved him for last (and also Casey Jones since I think his stats have an extra star versus everyone else).

So far I'm really liking the air game of April and Mikey, I think Ralph and April have the best specials (prefer ones that allow you to move while using them to maintain those combos), and Leo and Splinter feel like the best "all around" characters. Splinter also has decent range going into his combo and Leo has a really good air attack of flipping with his sword out.

• Options
    Digital Foundry technical review video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvuVH4n-sJY

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I kinda wish the bosses exploded. I dont think they ever did in the old games but itd be funny

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    The robot ones did; at least I recall Metalhead exploded.

• Options
    Imagine the confusion of the heroes after Be-Bop explodes and Rocksteady explodes and then they are both inexplicably back for a fight in their armored vehicle. Huge explosion for that, clearly wiped out, and then they're both showing up to clash on the rooftops shortly thereafter still.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I kinda wish they had gone with Rise, as it fits the generally zaniness of the old-school beat-em-ups, but I get the desire to recreate that 90s arcade feel.

Also, the pixels art on this is so good it makes it hard looking at the older ones.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Rehab wrote: »
    Imagine the confusion of the heroes after Be-Bop explodes and Rocksteady explodes and then they are both inexplicably back for a fight in their armored vehicle. Huge explosion for that, clearly wiped out, and then they're both showing up to clash on the rooftops shortly thereafter still.

They've seen weirder

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Wanted to get this on Switch but it sounds like multi-player makes the frame rate tank. Booo.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    This may be common knowledge by now, but the main reason the music in this game is so good is that it was done by Tee Lopes, the same guy who did the music for Sonic Mania.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Wanted to get this on Switch but it sounds like multi-player makes the frame rate tank. Booo.

The Switch is clearly no match for 80s arcade boards.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Got 6 levels in over the weekend.
    0y7evdu8fsqv.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    So the neutrinos um I dont remember them sounding so old. Am I crazy?

• Options
    If they got a bunch of the old voice actors, they got older too

It's like when people accused Scrooge in the Ducktales remaster of sounding old. The dude was like in his 90s

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Just wait for the X-Men 97 cartoon where half the cast is probably around that

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I love this game but it is actually hilarious how old the original voice actors sound, because, well, they are old. I actually did a double take at the first cowabunga i heard

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    I think they did a Retro Turtles teamup movie a few years back and it had half the original cast with one or two replacement soundalikes, and thinking the soundalikes sounded better because they were closer to how I remembered them sounding

• Options
    I think they did a Retro Turtles teamup movie a few years back and it had half the original cast with one or two replacement soundalikes, and thinking the soundalikes sounded better because they were closer to how I remembered them sounding

The 4 kids turtles forever movie had scabs because the entire 80s cast is union

The Nick series used the originals where possible and had them cameo as other characters ( or other turtles)

Also
    I checked and the neutrinos are definitely just Rob Paulsen( who is in the game) and Tress Macneille. I have no idea who did the voices for the guys in game but they arent even close
    https://youtu.be/1MarLyqf07M

• Options
    Casey Jones somehow skipped my consciousness as part of the TMNT franchise. I don't remember him being in the cartoon, the movies I saw, or on my TMNT luncbbox as a kid.

Turns out he was only in 5 episodes of the cartoon, so I must have missed him. But he's basically not in any iteration of TMNT I am familiar with.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Casey Jones somehow skipped my consciousness as part of the TMNT franchise. I don't remember him being in the cartoon, the movies I saw, or on my TMNT luncbbox as a kid.

Turns out he was only in 5 episodes of the cartoon, so I must have missed him. But he's basically not in any iteration of TMNT I am familiar with.

I know he was in at least one of the original movies ("Wayne Gretski? On steroids?"), the early 00s cartoon, that weird 2007 movie, the 2012 show, and in the current show (though gender-swapped).

Basically the only TMNT thing Casey hasn't been in much was the original cartoon.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    But he definitely still had a toy

I think the movie popularized him the most though

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Casey is in TMNT 1, 3, the animated one (TMNT), and the second Michael Bay one. Did you only see Secret of the Ooze or something?

• Options

Looks like a patch just dropped for the Switch version that fixes a lot of the reported issues.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA