As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Sorry I'm late" and other [Petty Complaints] ITT

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    A steady stream of uninterrupted sound works pretty good fort me. :P

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited May 2023
    Wait, there is a way to eliminate tinnitus that isn't some scam in my spam folder?

I do the "place the palms of your hands over both ears; fingers pointing back towards your neck and meeting in the middle of your head; Then take both index fingers and thump them gently but firmly on the back of your head, just above the neck."

If you do it right, the feeling should feel like it's in your whole head. Do that a half dozen or so times and it should clear up tinnitus a few seconds after you take your hands off your ears.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I tried a few things in my inbox to fix tinnitus and all I got was a 14 inch dink.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    Wait, there is a way to eliminate tinnitus that isn't some scam in my spam folder?

Well. Yes and no. There's a drumming on your skull thing you can do (edit: described two posts up it looks like) that some people say helps, but it only helps with tinnitus that's resulting from tension in the muscles in the neck and around the base of your skull. If you have tinnitus due to hearing damage or damage to your eardrum/cochlear cells it doesn't really help.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Yeah, my issue is most certainly due to damage from loud music in my youth

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I do the drumming thing. I was thinking it was mostly psychosomatic, because sometimes it works really well and sometimes not so much.
    I now wonder if that's a combination of hearing loss, which I certainly have some degree of, and tension, which, you know, everyone has, even if it doesn't result in ear ringiness.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    My "favorite" is how every show lately loves to pull the go quiet and play the tinnitus noise after an explosion, it's not frustrating every single time, not at all..

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, my issue is most certainly due to damage from loud music in my youth

I think it's funny that mine is actually from listening to loud music in my 30s. I listened to it at normal volumes in my 20s and before, but now I put my car stereo at max volume. I don't know how the speakers are still fine, they're factory

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    My "favorite" is how every show lately loves to pull the go quiet and play the tinnitus noise after an explosion, it's not frustrating every single time, not at all..

I was so happy when Horizon: Forbidden West had an option to turn tinnitus noises off.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I think I've got some sort of minor tinnitus. I got off lucky, what with the two decades of very loud rock musics and all

it's not ringing or keening, it's kinda like... sharp static, I can only hear it when it's real quiet

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited May 2023

Yeah, this drives me nuts. I've had pretty significant tinnitus since I was really young so mostly I'm not bothered by it because it's always been a fixture, but very loud ringing can make it much more present and hard to ignore for a short period and it's really annoying.

Also high pitched ringing is just like, an annoying sound generally.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Somebody took the phone charger out of my work cabin and now I don't have one and my phone is at 24%.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I can see a black spot at the base of two of my teeth that wasn’t there a week ago and isn’t going away with brushing. So I guess I have to go to the dentist. I hate my teeth. My body in general but teeth so far are the most expensive

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Somebody took the phone charger out of my work cabin and now I don't have one and my phone is at 24%.

If you burned down the plant no one would blame you.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    This is the most first world petty complaint, but the laptop I had in my living room died, and I went and grabbed one from upstairs to use instead, but this one doesn't have a touch screen and it is driving me insane. I keep poking the screen like a moron, and I don't think I can stop.

Also, I have shingles, which is not great.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    This is the most first world petty complaint, but the laptop I had in my living room died, and I went and grabbed one from upstairs to use instead, but this one doesn't have a touch screen and it is driving me insane. I keep poking the screen like a moron, and I don't think I can stop.

I, uh, think you might have buried the lede on that one. Never had shingles but by all accounts it is miserable.

For my own irritation, once again my weak flesh has failed me. I did my first ketamine treatment yesterday and puked 4 times in the first 20 minutes. Going to take some prescription strength anti nausea medicine before my appointment on Friday to see if that helps. Hopefully it does because it was pretty miserable.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend shingles, in case anyone is shopping around for a fun new illness.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend shingles, in case anyone is shopping around for a fun new illness.

there goes my weekend plans

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

https://youtu.be/AIzT7wBjfBs
    Don't be too hard on your laptop collection. And sincerely, good luck with shingles, that's a bad one.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Ugh, I can't ask off from work for my orthodontist appointment in July because that day is full (only x number of people are allowed to schedule off per day). The next available day I can see my ortho is in September, which is not great but I fuckin guess it's what I have.

Tangentially related, I went through the trouble of filling out all the paperwork to redo my already scheduled vacation and to put in for that one day in July before I even found out I couldn't take off anyways. I was going to write up a long post about the details, but it's convoluted and confusing (especially via text) so I'll just say that this company's whole vacation system is stupid

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

https://youtu.be/AIzT7wBjfBs
    Don't be too hard on your laptop collection. And sincerely, good luck with shingles, that's a bad one.

That's some primo Breen right there.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

But I heard it makes you eligible for Congress?

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I got shingles last spring and it was by far the worst pain I've ever experienced, and it wasn't even a particularly severe case

Shingles sucks

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    If I’m crossing a T junction on foot, and your car slows down with your blinkers telling me you wish to turn, I will definitely speed up and cross the road quickly, out of common courtesy.

If, you slow down, stop…. AND THEN put your blinker on, intending to be turn…. Well, I’m just going to take my sweet time walking across the road.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I got shingles last spring and it was by far the worst pain I've ever experienced, and it wasn't even a particularly severe case

Shingles sucks

Buddy of mine got it at 27 and it ducked him over. My understanding is that once you’ve had it, the changes of a relapse increase.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    i sprained my ankle saturday, pretty badly it turns out, and now my whole leg hurts and my foot looks like a weird blue baby foot

am i turning into a smurf y/n?

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    has a weird balding skinny dude tried to steal your smurfberries?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    YES! My boyfriend is skinny and bald and took my grapes home!!! :o

• Options
    LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    Have you been fantasizing about moving into a mushroom?

Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

My mum got shingles last year, and it apparently fucked over her immune system so she got Covid badly even after all her vaccinations and boosters

So, y'know, another thing to hate about shingles

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Luiane wrote: »

fuck, constantly

• Options
    LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Luiane wrote: »

fuck, constantly

Well it's looking pretty smurfy to me then

Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I got shingles back in, I wanna say 08 or so. On my right temple and then forward towards my eye. Worst pain I've ever had in my life and I have a decent data set to pull from. At least it didn't spread. Doc said if it was about 1/2 inch closer to the eye we might have started talking blindness.

So yeah. Fuck shingles.

Metal roofs are better anyway.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I’m afraid of shingles so I got my shot. Also cuz I’m an old I got my pneumonia shot.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    They seem to only be giving shingles vaccines to seniors around here, or I'd be on top of that like whoa

• Options
    Y'all uh... y'all see anything... off about my city's Juneteenth poster?

tfxxcu57y1xd.jpg

Anything at all?

k5ti5afkba7g.jpg

I mean, anything?

bv7h9irc8qmb.jpg

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Y'all uh... y'all see anything... off about my city's Juneteenth poster?

tfxxcu57y1xd.jpg

Anything at all?

k5ti5afkba7g.jpg

I mean, anything?

bv7h9irc8qmb.jpg

We were just talking about that in our discord. Fuck our city is so tone deaf it is painful. And this is the progressive part of the state!

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    So I will say, this is apparently a nonprofit and not actually the city responsible for this. Also it's one of 6 total posters where 4 out of the 6 depicted actual black people while the other two had a Hispanic and white couple for... reasons? But the white people got the prominent posting locations.

But the city didn't vet the source or like, approve any of it. Sooooooo.....

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Nah, it all looks white to me.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Oh, I see it. Denim on denim? Why the hell is South Carolina hiring Canadian models for their ad campaign?

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.