As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Sorry I'm late" and other [Petty Complaints] ITT

1100101102103104106»

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Oh, I see it. Denim on denim? Why the hell is South Carolina hiring Canadian models for their ad campaign?

Fashion around here is built different man. Denim, wife beaters, and white new balances as far as you can see.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Somebody keeps filling the soap dispensers at work with hand sanitiser

Related: I have a graze on my finger

Ouch

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    And I just did it again because I'm an idiot

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I got shingles last spring and it was by far the worst pain I've ever experienced, and it wasn't even a particularly severe case

Shingles sucks

Buddy of mine got it at 27 and it ducked him over. My understanding is that once you’ve had it, the changes of a relapse increase.

How could you relapse if you hadn't had it?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    Shingles is caused by the same virus as chicken pox. Like other herpes viruses, it's a latent virus, so the viral DNA will actually just hang out in your genome until some combination of factors causes it to express and start the cycle over - once you have it, you have it for life.

So if you had chicken pox as a kid (which we probably all did because the conventional wisdom was "kids just get chicken pox and then they're immune, let it happen"), shingles is you having a relapse.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    Shingles is caused by the same virus as chicken pox. Like other herpes viruses, it's a latent virus, so the viral DNA will actually just hang out in your genome until some combination of factors causes it to express and start the cycle over - once you have it, you have it for life.

So if you had chicken pox as a kid (which we probably all did because the conventional wisdom was "kids just get chicken pox and then they're immune, let it happen"), shingles is you having a relapse.

It lives in your spine (from what I understood). Now after having shingles, it's also dormant in my eye. Can't ever get laser eye surgery on that one, ha ha :(

The relapse is generally caused by heavy periods of stress, so generally it hits when other things are also going wrong and leaving you upset.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    What a horrible little bastard of a virus.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    That's why I interrupted the doctor when he started his 'vaccinations are important spiel' when the chicken pox vaccine was available for my kid and told him that I was all for it. I don't want my kid to ever suffer that feeling.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »

Also you did chicken pox parties for kids (pre vaccine) because chicken pox as an adult is way worse on average then as a child. I had it twice, a really mild case as a child, then a 2nd time at the end of 8th grade and the second time around sucked so bad.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    And I just did it again because I'm an idiot

https://youtu.be/zmvgDMe5Wxo

Madican on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I decided to try to get the screws out of the top burr on this grinder because I figure if I order a new bottom burr carrier I could fix the grinder and again the third and final screw got stuck in there and my screwdriver keeps camming out of the slot running the screw.

At least the brass isn't damaged. If only I had a good enough drill and left handed bit I could maybe get this one out because it isn't as worn down as I got the one on the bottom burr. But at the point I spend money on a fancy ass drill I might as well buy a different grinder.

I don't know why they used these shitty screws. Is like they don't want you to replace the burrs at all. It seems wasteful...

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    I went to the dentist thinking it was a 5 minute check on my Invisalign treatment but it was actually a 45 minute cleaning also known as "we're gonna use this machine to clean plaque and find out which particular teeth want to tell you to go fuck yourself today"

They'd feel totally normal until we'd hit the occasional tooth the braces are really yanking on that is secretly tender and I'd nearly jump out of the chair, IT SUCKED

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
This discussion has been closed.