As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Sorry I'm late" and other [Petty Complaints] ITT

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    People who put cups and glasses in dishwashers facing up. What do they expect to happen? They'll drain like that scene with the sentient water in 'The Abyss'?

Look, I get that, in an infinite universe, it might be possible for the force of gravity to suddenly invert every trillion years or so, purely on faith alone, but your empirical testing here seems to have resulted in a null hypothesis; and also, now my feet are fucking soaking wet, and nothing has cleaned properly, asshole.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I signed up to Instagram and I don't get it and it makes me feel old.

This time I am very confident to inform you that it is, in fact, the children who are wrong.

Instagram has a very specific use case and 94% of the people on the Gram do not need to be there.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Okay yeah I feel like I'm coming down with something today

Great. Fantastic.

I've got too much shit to do to be getting sick.

I have to get groceries, do dishes, go to the Laundromat so I have clean clothes to take showers, I've got a party I'm supposed to go to this Saturday, go to the pharmacy again, sort my pills into pill planners, fill my gas tank up... Etcetera same so on.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I did something to a muscle on my neck Saturday. Still hurts. Last night was real rough since it only hurts when I turn my head to the extreme right or left and apparently that is the only way I sleep. Eventually created a little vise out of a blanket to just grip my head straight.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure my son broke his finger Friday night. He was playing a VR game called gorilla tag, which is exactly what it says on the tin, and in his flailing managed to smash his hand against his desk. It is still swollen pretty badly now and he has a lot of pain trying to move it. Going to take him to an after hours clinic after work tonight and try to get an x-ray done.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Pretty sure my son broke his finger Friday night. He was playing a VR game called gorilla tag, which is exactly what it says on the tin, and in his flailing managed to smash his hand against his desk. It is still swollen pretty badly now and he has a lot of pain trying to move it. Going to take him to an after hours clinic after work tonight and try to get an x-ray done.

Yeah, once when I was playing Gorn I threw a haymaker and completely smashed my wife's computer monitor off her desk. Thought I broke my finger and her monitor, but somehow both were fine. Seeing her monitor swinging off her desk by it's cables was pretty funny though

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    furlion wrote: »

Yeah, once when I was playing Gorn I threw a haymaker and completely smashed my wife's computer monitor off her desk. Thought I broke my finger and her monitor, but somehow both were fine. Seeing her monitor swinging off her desk by it's cables was pretty funny though

There is an entire Reddit devoted to VR related injuries called VR to ER. He also broke his 4th controller. 75 a piece for those fucking things and they cave at the slightest hit.

• Options
    More in keeping with the threads theme, I was really hoping the Harry Potter game would be bad. It would have still sold well but maybe it would but have prevented there being a sequel.

• Options
    The Laundromat is so boring

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

how many of the rides have you gone on

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

This one doesn't have any

Also I think I'm probably a couple hundred pounds over the weight limit for those kinds of things

I might get myself a soda here shortly though

• Options
    I wish they had a bubble bobble machine like when I was a kid and went to the laundromat with my mom.

• Options

This one doesn't have any

Also I think I'm probably a couple hundred pounds over the weight limit for those kinds of things

I might get myself a soda here shortly though

au contraire mon frere

every dryer set to air dry is an experience waiting for you

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I miss arcade machines just being places like grocery stores, restaurants and laundromats

• Options
    I miss arcade machines just being places like grocery stores, restaurants and laundromats

The old pizza hut in the day of bookit and red plastic soda cups had a mortal Kombat 2 machine near the cashier station

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

I used to beg my mom to bring me with her to Walmart because they had the Ninja Turtles arcade machine at the front of the store and I could just go to town on that for like half an hour while she shopped.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular

The old pizza hut in the day of bookit and red plastic soda cups had a mortal Kombat 2 machine near the cashier station

Ours had UN Squadron iirc.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    The restaurant/bar my parents went to had a Pac Man machine built into one of the tables and they served me unlimited Shirley Temples

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

Ours had UN Squadron iirc.

Hot damn, I've never seen this in arcade form, but played constantly on the SNES.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    mrpaku wrote: »
    The restaurant/bar my parents went to had a Pac Man machine built into one of the tables and they served me unlimited Shirley Temples

good lord

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Our Walmart had a Star Wars arcade cabinet that was an on rails FPS and it fuckin rules.

• Options
    The Laundromat did have cans of black cherry Vernors

And I've never had it before but it's really really good

I dare say as good as cheer wine

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    The hair salon where my aunt got her hair cut had a Playchoice 10 cabinet as well as Bad Dudes Vs. DragonNinja. And they were free.

Needless to say, my cousin and I were always extremely willing to go run Amarillo errands with her whenever she was getting her hair did.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    We are supposed to get wind gusts up to almost 60mph tomorrow

That sucks I hope our power stays working

• Options

go out and fight the wind

show it who's boss

• Options

go out and fight the wind

show it who's boss

Like that Roman emperor who told his dudes to go out and kick the oceans ass for a while?

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Vi-king, thank you very much.

King Canute.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Nah, Caligula I think had a legion fight the English Channel and gather sea shells as their spoils of war.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Our Walmart had a Star Wars arcade cabinet that was an on rails FPS and it fuckin rules.

I remember there was a new star wars arcade cabinet sometime after Disneyland added Star Tours at the adjacent "Starcade," it was like $1 per life, which was exorbitant on my kid's allowance at the time

Saw it decades later at the local barcade for only a quarter! Though it was a barcade so I still couldn't beat it after a beer or 5, but still.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    "let's go!" Is such a low effort rallying cry, I wish popular sports media would come up with something else.

It's still a low effort rallying cry when someone screams it at the top of their lungs with bulging forehead veins

• Options
    Pellaeon wrote: »

I remember there was a new star wars arcade cabinet sometime after Disneyland added Star Tours at the adjacent "Starcade," it was like $1 per life, which was exorbitant on my kid's allowance at the time

Saw it decades later at the local barcade for only a quarter! Though it was a barcade so I still couldn't beat it after a beer or 5, but still.

I took a buddy of mine to a barcade in Nashville while we were at a conference and they had a X Men cabinet and I was like, hold on a second. I posted up as Nightcrawler and absolutely destroyed that entire game on I think a single continue.

He was very much not impressed.

• Options
    I got a deep muscle knot on my right scapula and I just want to lay on foam roller or tennis ball or corner of an angle iron until I die.

• Options
    Looks like I need to buy a better drill some safety glasses and a screw extraction kit because the head of this one is rounded all to hell and I can't get it out any other way

• Options
    Looks like I need to buy a better drill some safety glasses and a screw extraction kit because the head of this one is rounded all to hell and I can't get it out any other way

If you've got a Dremel or a rotary tool of some kind you could use a cutting wheel to carve a straight notch and then a regular flathead screw driver to get it out. Or a hacksaw

• Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

If you've got a Dremel or a rotary tool of some kind you could use a cutting wheel to carve a straight notch and then a regular flathead screw driver to get it out. Or a hacksaw

Not enough of the screw exposed for a hacksaw and no Dremel.

It's already a flathead screw too. I think maybe my drivers are all to narrow to fit the channel that was already there and that led to the rounding off that happened. The first two screws worked out fine though. Just this last one is fighting me. And I've spent 2 hours trying at it.

• Options
    Got a pic?

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    A rubber band between the screwdriver tip and the screw has saved me from having to use the screw extractor a few times

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Got a pic?
    1uf65n8gvcg3.jpg

That one

Part of the problem is also the drive shaft rotating as I've tried to get get torque on the screw. So I have to hold that in place with a pair of pliers and one the other hand for the screwdriver.

But you can also see it's pretty deeply recessed in the burr there so cutting into it at all is pretty much a no go unless I go straight down with a screw extractor bit and hope my little Walmart hypertough drill is up to it torque wise

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I got a deep muscle knot on my right scapula and I just want to lay on foam roller or tennis ball or corner of an angle iron until I die.

I've never been aware of a knot in any of my muscles. I'm not sure what that feels like. And I don't want to find out because once I know I will probably realise my entire skeleton is wrapped in a single giant knot.

• Options

I've never been aware of a knot in any of my muscles. I'm not sure what that feels like. And I don't want to find out because once I know I will probably realise my entire skeleton is wrapped in a single giant knot.

It feels like somebody is just kinda constantly pushing into the space between my spine and shoulder blade with their knuckles.

This discussion has been closed.