As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Roe v Wade has been overturned

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    the problem here is we have people who adamantly stick to their beliefs in the face of a system that will never support them vs people who are willing to bend because the rules require them to

i'm part of the former, and i can't even say the latter is wrong, but it is so fundamentally against who i am as a person that i can't even imagine thinking that way

i didn't vote for biden because he's a racist and a rapist. i did not vote for trump because he is a racist and a rapist. people will say i did nothing, or that i gave power to the right wing or whatever, but i just see it as giving power to myself and not acquiescing a broken system that should not exist

lol

Let me be the people who say that you gave the right wing power! You had a choice between helping Ketanji Brown Jackson get on Supreme Court and not doing that, and you chose not to.

What good is the "power" you gave yourself? It was the power to let someone else make life worse so you could remain pure.

I don't know if you're the best one to give this lecture

:)

I might be among the best, having cast a whole stack of votes that made life worse for people from 1992-2014.

I was super wrong, and so are they.

edit: sorry for not sticking to neutral pronouns, I shouldn't have assumed.

Beginning to address your past fuck ups doesn't put you in the right.

It also doesn't make you the arbiter of what is Good and Righteous! If anything it should make you fucking humble about how not Good and not Righteous you were and to sit down and listen to other people who have been fighting this fight for far longer.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    When you feel that people should be held to the same standards of accountability regardless of their political affiliation, that's called "carrying a lot of water for the right wing."

Bothsidesism is cool if it comes from the left.

If you want to have an actual conversation then by all means start speaking to us like a rational adult.

Right now you just stumbled into this thread and started throwing a tantrum about how we're all enabling the Republicans to take over because, and I repeat myself here, we feel that people should be held to the same standards of accountability regardless of their political affiliation.

Don't stan so hard for the Democratic Party and then maybe you won't get so upset when people criticize it.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2022
    the problem here is we have people who adamantly stick to their beliefs in the face of a system that will never support them vs people who are willing to bend because the rules require them to

i'm part of the former, and i can't even say the latter is wrong, but it is so fundamentally against who i am as a person that i can't even imagine thinking that way

i didn't vote for biden because he's a racist and a rapist. i did not vote for trump because he is a racist and a rapist. people will say i did nothing, or that i gave power to the right wing or whatever, but i just see it as giving power to myself and not acquiescing a broken system that should not exist

lol

Let me be the people who say that you gave the right wing power! You had a choice between helping Ketanji Brown Jackson get on Supreme Court and not doing that, and you chose not to.

What good is the "power" you gave yourself? It was the power to let someone else make life worse so you could remain pure.

I might be among the best, having cast a whole stack of votes that made life worse for people from 1992-2014.

1) i'm not gender neutral, i'm a woman. fun fact: you can click on people's profiles to see their pronouns on this website

2) thanks for admitting you happily made the world as bad as it is. you have absolutely no room to judge me on my moral character, you spineless piece of shit. your repentance doesn't absolve you. how about you shut the fuck up and do the work to fix the problems you had a hand in instead of coming in here and judging people saying "actually, i chose not to do a bad thing in the first place."

ElJeffe on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    go on and report me for my lack of decorum. i owe you nothing

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The funny part was I started this out by saying "These things were bad but in a way that is largely inconsequential"

And even that was too harsh

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Republicans are like Voldemort, every time you even THINK about Hunter Biden being a failson piece of shit, it channels them some Gelfling essence or whatever.

• HeMansWayHeMansWay Registered User regular
    When you feel that people should be held to the same standards of accountability regardless of their political affiliation, that's called "carrying a lot of water for the right wing."

The problem with “bothsidesism” isn’t that it happens; it’s that it’s not an excuse for bad behavior. And see, when we say both sides are doing shit, we’re not doing it to excuse one side or the other; we’re doing it because they’re both assholes and both should be kicked to the curb.

Stop turning rhetoric into some cargo cult bullshit where you just shout words without any real understanding of what the words mean or why they’re bad. You don’t get to come in and scream “Bothsidesism” as if it was a magical spell you learned in your wizard school and expect it to magically vanquish us.

lol

Wet rancid diarrhea eventually dries out. It’s still shit.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    HeMansWay wrote: »

The problem with “bothsidesism” isn’t that it happens; it’s that it’s not an excuse for bad behavior. And see, when we say both sides are doing shit, we’re not doing it to excuse one side or the other; we’re doing it because they’re both assholes and both should be kicked to the curb.

Stop turning rhetoric into some cargo cult bullshit where you just shout words without any real understanding of what the words mean or why they’re bad. You don’t get to come in and scream “Bothsidesism” as if it was a magical spell you learned in your wizard school and expect it to magically vanquish us.

I think you actually fuckin’ nailed it.

When right wing Twitter fucks do it, they’re saying it as a “but.”

And when we (the collective Leftist We of this forum) do it, we’re saying it as an “and.“

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

lol

Beating up someone who's trying to do the right thing now for years old past fuckups is a good way to convince them not to do the right thing. He changed his ways 8 years ago and has demonstrated a continual commitment to doing better. I honestly don't think you can ask a lot more of someone.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Heffling wrote: »

lol

Beating up someone who's trying to do the right thing now for years old past fuckups is a good way to convince them not to do the right thing. He changed his ways 8 years ago and has demonstrated a continual commitment to doing better. I honestly don't think you can ask a lot more of someone.

Well we can ask them not to shit up a perfectly nice thread with smug bullshit.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022

lol

I could ask that he not come in and condescendingly lecture other people on the right way to be a Leftist or an ally, when they’ve been at it and suffering for it a lot longer than he has.

Crazy thought, I know. I’m so demanding like that.

minor incident on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

lol

Damn, this is what a continual commitment to doing better looks like?

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

lol

I would settle for not lecturing people on how to be a leftist to start.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022

lol

If one requires praise for one to continue to do the right thing, then one doesn't actually want to do the right thing, one just wants to be praised.

Which is, and you're not gonna fucking believe this, not praiseworthy, or the right thing!

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac

lol

he's not trying to do the right thing, he's trying to feel better about himself. it's born-again christian ass bullshit. "i was a sinner, so let me lecture you because i've learned from my mistakes", cool stuff, i just chose not to make your mistakes in the first place

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Also despite Spool voting for Democrats now most of us in this thread aren't in agreement with him about a bunch of stuff.

I can tell you for sure the ideal world I created would be very different from what he wants.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

lol

Nah I can ask quite a lot more of someone who's fucked up and voted for people who have stripped away my rights.

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Hey spool, do remember when you wanted me to change the title of the Labor thread to something other than Workers Of The World Unite because it was a "genocidal catchphrase?"

Or how about that time that you said you'd still tty be a manager after the revolution because you hate digging ditches?

For someone who allegedly hates digging ditches, you sure are doing a great job of digging yourself into a hole.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I’ve always voted democrat and I fucking hate it every time.

I’m sick of the “lesser of two evils”

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    if the open corruption is a vulnerability that's being exploited by the fascist opposition, maybe the problem is that they've ljust... continued doing the open corruption?

this is the dril candles tweet but with nepotism

Also despite Spool voting for Democrats now most of us in this thread aren't in agreement with him about a bunch of stuff.

I can tell you for sure the ideal world I created would be very different from what he wants.

Considering the Democrat party is the de facto conservative party, maybe they didn’t change as much as they claim.

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Hey spool, do remember when you wanted me to change the title of the Labor thread to something other than Workers Of The World Unite because it was a "genocidal catchphrase?"

Or how about that time that you said you'd still tty be a manager after the revolution because you hate digging ditches?

For someone who allegedly hates digging ditches, you sure are doing a great job of digging yourself into a hole.

Wow, nice shot.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

lol

This thread must be shatted up by anecdotes of Steve Seagal shitting himself instead

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Even if Hunter Biden did everything people say he did, it doesn't mean Joe Biden was involved
    Personally, I doubt Joe Biden knows about his son’s corruption, or what day of the week it is, or how to draw a clock

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

lol

This thread must be shatted up by anecdotes of Steve Seagal shitting himself instead

All threads become poop threads, it is known.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Even if Hunter Biden did everything people say he did, it doesn't mean Joe Biden was involved
    Personally, I doubt Joe Biden knows about his son’s corruption, or what day of the week it is, or how to draw a clock horse

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Joe Biden can draw a fucking horse.

It’s all he can do but he can do it

It’s not a very good horse, and it won’t lift a finger to save abortion rights, but it sure can send a donation request email.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I do remember that. I asked a mod to take action, who referred me to you in PMs and suggested I ask you. I asked you in PMs, you were insulting, I walked away and never spoke of it.

Super classy bringing it up, it makes you look very reasonable and level-headed.

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Oh no, people are bringing evidence to the trial of character you decided to hold on yourself.

When will the madness stop?

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Sometimes i feel like

https://youtu.be/eECjjLNAOd4

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    If Joe Biden doesn't want the discourse to be about his family being as corrupt as the people he purports to stand in opposition to maybe he should take some responsibility for what his family has used his power and influence for

It is exactly the kind of hierarchical, nepotistic shit that is used the world over to ensure the families of the powerful retain that power and money and the rest of us get to suck shit. Biden wants to be considered different? He should be different then.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022

I do remember that. I asked a mod to take action, who referred me to you in PMs and suggested I ask you. I asked you in PMs, you were insulting, I walked away and never spoke of it.

Super classy bringing it up, it makes you look very reasonable and level-headed.

Nearly as classy as implying that all Marxists are pro-genocide and calling a hall monitor when everyone tells you to fuck off with that horse shit!

Speed Racer on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

I guess you don't hate digging ditches after all 😘

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the hunter biden....has become the hunted biden

liEt3nH.png
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

I guess you don't hate digging ditches after all 😘

Don't you have some "diversity hires" to complain about?

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Oh no, people are bringing evidence to the trial of character you decided to hold on yourself.

I'll cop to thinking that "Workers of the World, Unite" is inextricably linked to the USSR and its apologists. Feel free to educate me!

Or shit on me some more, you know, whatever.

spool32 on
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    This is too much forum lore for an argument that boils down to being annoyed with the shitty dudes who got the good jobs from their dads.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022

I'll cop to thinking that "Workers of the World, Unite" is inextricably linked to the USSR and its apologists. Feel free to educate me!

Or shit on me some more, you know, whatever.

Cool, you're wrong and fuckin stupid, congrats

This website would be better if you weren't posting on it

ElJeffe on
This discussion has been closed.