Options

I Blame the [Steam] Thread

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    @initiatefailure aint done! 3c0crfxmveb9.png
    thank you!

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »
    honestly after having the weapon from world that I enjoyed be not very fun for me in rise and switching to something more fun, I like rise more for the most part with like two exceptions

One, the scaling for monsters is a little worse than world, unless I'm just flat out wrong even solo monsters are a bit chuftier than they are in world. And two, the loss of investigations. God investigations were so good because they let you hedge your bets on getting The Good Stuff instead of just rolling the carve table and hoping for the best.

Overall I do think Rise is an improvement over world though.

I'm pretty sure monsters in Rise actually have a bunch less HP, both solo and in a group. I know that my hunt times in Rise solo are not uncommonly half as long as the ones I pulled in World. And sure, I'm profoundly nonptimal, but still, I'm equally nonoptimal on both sides!

Yeah, Rise is significantly easier than World due to the mechanics it has.

Which means we may be in for a punishing Master rank expansion in Sunbreak

Call me a scrub, but honestly, I kinda hope the HP bars don't actually grow too much! It's very nice to be able to get a hunt done in 20 minutes while wearing a general utility set.

(I may have some trauma from soloing my way through FU and needing to spend the entire mission in Adrenaline threshold in order to actually manage to kill something like a G-Rank Terra Ceanataur with a bow before the time limit hit)

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Jazz wrote: »
    @initiatefailure with a random sneak attack!

snip

It does look cool as hell, looking forward to this! Thanks so much for Anno Mutationem! :heart:

Also I hope your kitty will be okay :heart:

I also hope my kitty will be ok. She ate when we got her home so :shrug: cats are weird.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    initiatefailure with a random sneak attack!

mzn2b8ylklig.jpg

It does look cool as hell, looking forward to this! Thanks so much for Anno Mutationem! :heart:

Also I hope your kitty will be okay :heart:

The demo for it was pretty cool, actually. I remember having fun with that one.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Huh, at some point Steam removed all my non-Steam games. That happened to anyone else?

That's a pain, not least because I'd spent time setting their artwork up just so in most cases.

Just checked and mine are still there, custom art and all.

You have angered the Steam Gods. Someone should probably gift you soon to restore you to Their good graces.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Also, I'm ashamed to say its taken me way too many years to figure out Jragghen = dragon.

Thank you. :)

Oh, trust me, you just blew someone's mind.

No prob :)

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    What was the last free gog game before this one?

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Huh, at some point Steam removed all my non-Steam games. That happened to anyone else?

That's a pain, not least because I'd spent time setting their artwork up just so in most cases.

Just checked and mine are still there, custom art and all.

You have angered the Steam Gods. Someone should probably gift you soon to restore you to Their good graces.

At least all the art is in the Grid folder still. But re-adding games is not automatically re-adding the artwork, logos etc. Have to redo those all again. Humph.

Still, at least all the stuff for one-offs, modded additions, and most importantly the logos etc I've made myself for stuff are still there, even if I've got some hoops to jump through now.

Jazz on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    What was the last free gog game before this one?

Beautiful Desolation

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TMNT Shredder's Revenge on the Steam Deck still runs at a happy and constant 60fps with the CPU TDP turned all the way down to 3 watts and the GPU clock all the way down to 200MHz. 7 hours battery life easily from this game!

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Thanks to @cardboard delusions for a lovely Steam Sale gift!
    0RJjPCQ.png

Thanks very much for Core Keeper! This looks like a fun little crafty/survivaly/adventure - much appreciated!!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    I gifted myself and my kid Tiny Tina's Wonderland Chaotic Great editions.

This seems like a responsible use of a bunch of money.

>.>

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular

>.>

There's something to be said that you can't be threatened with gifting if you gift yourself.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    übergeek wrote: »

>.>

There's something to be said that you can't be threatened with gifting if you gift yourself.

My master plan revealed!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Sad news, Zachtronics is closing. Not for any bad reason they're just looking to change.

They've always been a good little development studio making their own niche puzzle games and I'll miss them.

This got buried.

I have a sad.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Calescent wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    VirtuaVerse is free to keep on GOG for the next 67+ hours.

ta94jje5yish.jpg

But how much is it going for on the Steam Sale?

$4.49 (70% off of $14.99). There's also a free demo.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1019310/VirtuaVerse/

When did we start hating the GOG client?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

ta94jje5yish.jpg

I figured it was just a case of "yes, but this is the Steam thread." One of our occasional brief flirtations with being on-topic.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    also from I dont think CD projekt ever actually fixed the crippling vulnerability issues with GOG galaxy

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I like how GOG integrates damn near every kind of digital collection, but I hate that it's ruined how simple getting their downloads used to be.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Mugsley wrote: »

ta94jje5yish.jpg

For me it was when it had a severe vulnerability identified that still wasn't patched two years later or something. Probably still hasn't.

So I download installers from GOG the old fashioned way.

• Options
    I've gotten playnite up and running finally

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Got fed up of perpetually having no hard drive space, so just spent an hour and a half on a ruthless clearout of my installed Steam games to get rid of all the stuff I'm never going to get round to playing or going back to. Practically halved the number of games, freed up half a terabyte of room. Feels good.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Also, I'm ashamed to say its taken me way too many years to figure out Jragghen = dragon.

Yeah, I just got that now. Thanks for the help on that!

Also, thanks to @Jragghen for Endless Space 2! I haven't been here in forever but I see the classiness levels are still off the charts...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Being an anti-AAA snob frees up a metric ton of hard drive space. Of course, I nearly pass out when I do install one. 50GB?! Why?!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    f3rret wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

Yeah, I just got that now. Thanks for the help on that!

Also, thanks to Jragghen for Endless Space 2! I haven't been here in forever but I see the classiness levels are still off the charts...

Yeah, the folks who get gifts from me are like ... People who have shit in their wishlist who happened to actively post 7 years ago or something :p

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    oh man I just noticed the capcom fighting collection released today. Man why did EVERYTHING have to release this month my wallet cant handle it.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie is being bad, apparently

ss4xyYW.png

Thanks for the robutts

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    xjv1otu7sqgq.png

I stepped away earlier to commiserate the day in a giant pizza and came back to this on my screen!

I'm excited I always wanted to play this. I remember playing the demo disk for the first game until it died when i was a kid but never got to experience this one (and i'm kinda intrigued by the vr mode)

• Options
    dang it i forgot @cardboard delusions

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I think shenanigans are afoot in chat. @Pixelated Pixie caught me in their web!
    6zb03pqpyclu.png
    This looks so freaking cute so I'm looking forward to trying this out!

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    vmeu8hqnld2f.png

Thanks @Spoit for deluxing up my Rise! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    @Pixelated Pixie sent me Wildermyth! Thanks! I heard super good things about it! Came up a bunch in GOTY talks last year (or the year.

YabBm1x.png

Guess I have something to play now! Thanks again! <3

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    xjv1otu7sqgq.png

I stepped away earlier to commiserate the day in a giant pizza and came back to this on my screen!

I'm excited I always wanted to play this. I remember playing the demo disk for the first game until it died when i was a kid but never got to experience this one (and i'm kinda intrigued by the vr mode)

There is an anime prequel and sequel

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Being an anti-AAA snob frees up a metric ton of hard drive space. Of course, I nearly pass out when I do install one. 50GB?! Why?!

I decided I wanted to get some more red hot offroad action going yesterday, so it was time to install a Dirt game. Dirt Rally is 38GB. Not great, not terrible.

The sequel, however
    ewpgkvtl2hk2.jpg
    is another story.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, Dirt Rally 2 is easily the largest game I currently have installed.

vE9wNJq.png

Pretty tempting to just uninstall it since I never really play it anyways.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    k4yg10o7wldq.png

Thanks @Ed Gruberman for Foregone! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    xjv1otu7sqgq.png

There is an anime prequel and sequel

What I didn’t know about either! And I love big robot fighting!

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    So, some time ago this thread saved me around summer dale time and recommended, if tangentially, Remnant: From the Ashes, which is one of my favorite games ever now.

I'm in a bind again. Most of my crew has fallen off D2R, and I've 100%'d Gunfire Reborn, Risk of Rain 2, Cyberpunk, and Witcher 3.

That list there tells you pretty much what gets me. Give me loot and character builds. Rogue-lite elements are fine but not the driving force. 3rd person, first person, isometric doesn't matter. I do like active gameplay like shooters, but, for instance, Hades drove me mad. I couldn't succeed at whatever it wanted me to do to dodge bosses. Also I LOVE deckbuilders but get frustrated. I probably shouldn't play them anymore, but I have like 300 hours in Slay the Spire.

Right now I'm waffling between Read Dead Redemption 2 and starting to multi-box D2R, and both of those sound like bad ideas on some level...

What should I do? What games do I not know about?

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    Thanks @cardboard delusions for Kaiju Princess! I think I saw that pop up a fair amount when I was browsing the lewd games section on steam!

WojEA6j.png

Can't wait to check it out :3:3

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    cncaudata wrote: »
    So, some time ago this thread saved me around summer dale time and recommended, if tangentially, Remnant: From the Ashes, which is one of my favorite games ever now.

I'm in a bind again. Most of my crew has fallen off D2R, and I've 100%'d Gunfire Reborn, Risk of Rain 2, Cyberpunk, and Witcher 3.

That list there tells you pretty much what gets me. Give me loot and character builds. Rogue-lite elements are fine but not the driving force. 3rd person, first person, isometric doesn't matter. I do like active gameplay like shooters, but, for instance, Hades drove me mad. I couldn't succeed at whatever it wanted me to do to dodge bosses. Also I LOVE deckbuilders but get frustrated. I probably shouldn't play them anymore, but I have like 300 hours in Slay the Spire.

Right now I'm waffling between Read Dead Redemption 2 and starting to multi-box D2R, and both of those sound like bad ideas on some level...

What should I do? What games do I not know about?
    You could try Wasted.

Its sort of Fallout 3 inspired but a rogue game if you like the sound of that.

Super cheap too at $1.29.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
This discussion has been closed.