Options

I Blame the [Steam] Thread

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    As is his style, @Stabbity Style noted I would need handheld games for my deck later this year. Thanks vm!

vraj3qjfd2ex.png

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    As is his style, @Stabbity Style noted I would need handheld games for my deck later this year. Thanks duder!

vraj3qjfd2ex.png
    Get ready for those sweet jams.

https://youtu.be/m-4rREDGu60

4Nx4TdI.gif

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, Dirt Rally 2 is easily the largest game I currently have installed.

vE9wNJq.png

Pretty tempting to just uninstall it since I never really play it anyways.

Meanwhile, in Dover land....

btas6d3d9lwy.png

Peggle is at the bottom of the list at 13MB and it's a perfect game.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    AAAA Episode 35: The Long Hunt III
    Our mission is to find the target. We deploy @Betsuni, @Stabbity Style, @Ianator, and @an_alt .
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

As we approach the base, radar picks up 2 hostiles.

A Thunderbolt is the first to engage us. Stabbity Style lights it up, blowing armor off it's left arm.

An_alt takes advantage, and blows off the exposed left arm. She also causes a bunch of ammo explosions, and incapacitates the pilot.

A Warhammer approaches, and engages us by the fallen Thunderbolt.

Ianator tries to get through the jungle cover, and manages to blow some armor off the Warhammer. Radar picks up 2 more mechs beyond visual range.

It's center torso is exposed, but An_alt has trouble shooting through the jungle cover, and only manages to destroy a heat sink.

However, Stabbity Style has us covered, and blows up the Warhammer's center torso.

A Quickdraw engages us next.

Stabbity Style exposes it's left torso.

Ianator misses a headshot on the Quickdraw.

Betsuni weakens it's armor some more.

Ianator aims for the left leg and connects! He ends up taking out it's left leg, left arm and torso!

With the target knocked down, an_alt easily finishes it off.

The last hostile appears to be another Warhammer. Betsuni opens up on it, hitting nothing but armor.

Same for Stabbity Style.

Ianator manages to expose it's left leg.

While an_alt damages a laser, and exposes the left torso.

Stabbity Style takes advantage of the exposed torso, blowing away it's left arm and torso!

Betsuni then blows off it's right arm.

With a clear shot to it's exposed center torso, an_alt finally finishes it off.

Finally, the war criminal has been eliminated. We got a piece of King Crab salvage from the rewards at least.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    And @Questor lurking up things drops a spark on me, thank you I saw this in the eshop but never pulled the trigger!

qowwy20heh7q.png

• Options
    Even though I will forever look on Gunvolt in "Why can't you be normal like your brother Mega Man Zero?!" frustration, they start to grow on you the more you adjust your expectations.

They can be pretty good.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

vE9wNJq.png

btas6d3d9lwy.png

Is there a Pegglike tag or something? Or a list of games like Roundguard and Peggy, etc?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    A lot of RPGs say "watch out! its more dangerous out there at night" but Dragon's Dogma is the game that actually means it.

• Options
    DaringDirk wrote: »

vE9wNJq.png

btas6d3d9lwy.png

Is there a Pegglike tag or something? Or a list of games like Roundguard and Peggy, etc?

I have played more peggle than I'd like to admit...

• Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Thank you @Jragghen for Kingdom Two Crowns, it looks very fun and relaxing.

Florin on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Also, I'm ashamed to say its taken me way too many years to figure out Jragghen = dragon.

0_0

Wait, hol up

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'm taking a very rare holiday out of town this weekend, so I'm both away from my PC and very aware of how much money I'm spending on food and hotel and travel and NOT on Vidya Gaem during this steam sale

This hot dog I ate? That's the price of a small indie game.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Man Steam sales give me the biggest choice paralysis.

I've got all these games on my wishlist. 'I'll buy these when there's a good sale'.

Suddently they're all 50% off or more, and I have no idea what to buy.

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    -Loki- wrote: »

I've got all these games on my wishlist. 'I'll buy these when there's a good sale'.

My inner cheapskate rises to the surface when I see games in my wishlist on sale.

It doesn't help that many titles are, at best, 30% discounted. Bringing a knife to a gunfight.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    For the last few sales I've basically stopped buying stuff because I know it'll probably be on sale again someday soon and I can just buy it then.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    For me, it's mostly that Sunbreak comes out this week, and that's most of the game budget for the month right there.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Saving money for the Deck so I can play the games I already own on it.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    The actual fun layer I added to the Steam sale is checking sites like gg.deals and see what other stores undercut the Steam sale price

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Page 4, that should definitely be safe from Dover's nefarious schemes.

I had a frustrating first day of the Dale, mostly due to the Steam servers being......rubbish is too nice a word, but it'll do. Couple that with *expletive deleted* current events and I was feeling a mite touchy. I had however gone ungifted for 24 hours of Dale which was nice.
    Then I did get gotted.

Thank you to @initiatefailure for Anno Mutationem - I played the demo earlier in the year and it seemed excellent. To @Spoit for Dreamscaper - the artstyle really attracted me to this. To @Pixelated Pixie for Bloodrayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites. That's a mouthful of a title for a great looking metroidvania. And to @destroyah87 for Astroneer. I have been thinking about getting this for ages.

The Australia shield tried its best, but failed me...

Love ya all <3

Time to get the giftapult out myself, as long as Gaben has replaced the hamster that was powering the Steam main server.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Just to reiterate: I would play most of the fake games for the metathing this sale, especially the one that reads like "Don't Shit Your Pants, but a roguelike"

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    5y95526z5nlj.jpg

@Karoz does not want me to have a happy ending.

Thank you. <3<3

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

The games on my wishlist (those that are already out, anyway) are the games where I'm like 'well, I guess I want these, but I don't want to pay full price for them'.

And then the sale comes along and then I'm stuck wondering if I actually want these games. Even for the reduced price.

Apparently my wishlist is more my ambivalent feelings list.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Ed Gruberman for getting a coop night together again. It's rare due to our schedules but we managed to work it out.

Played Chaosbane, rather B tier diablo clone in the warhammy fantasy universe, good fun though at the end we were having trouble having the quests reliably trigger so we could further the story. Still, hot dwarven action was had.

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Thank you @Karoz and @Pixelated Pixie for Carrion and RE3make, respectively. That said, you've now made targets of yourselves.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    @Questor struck me down with 20 minutes till dawn, ending my havent bene gifted forever streak. Well played

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I am always happy to see the consistent gifting in this thread during a sale. Plus I get to see games I normally wouldn't even look at.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Also, I'm ashamed to say its taken me way too many years to figure out Jragghen = dragon.

0_0

Wait, hol up
    Is this some "ghoti=fish" black magic?
    How does j become d?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Thank you @Questor for Helldivers! <3<3<3
    nebq1dq8y1c6.png

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    And Karoz hit me with Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Thank you @Isorn for Poe x Ghibli, aka Death's Door! <3<3<3
    qfkd2c7gwlga.png

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    @Isorn is getting some serious dunking on.

le408bob7ss6.jpg

Thank you so much for Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery! This does look like a delightful change of pace, and you're quite right, we absolutely do. Cheers duder :heart:

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Now @Questor is joining the pile-on.

hqbgzzfgqyij.jpg

Thanks so much for Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition! I will be sure to kill some dicks. As the saying goes. :heart:

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I keep looking at Monster Hunter Rise (for switch) but I keep starting and stopping Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (also on switch). For those that have played both are they different enough to justify giving Rise a try?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DaringDirk wrote: »

vE9wNJq.png

btas6d3d9lwy.png

I have played more peggle than I'd like to admit...

It's unfortunate there hasn't been a new, higher-res version of Peggle. Just a perfect relax-type of game. I was also very fond of Bookworm.

• Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I keep looking at Monster Hunter Rise (for switch) but I keep starting and stopping Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (also on switch). For those that have played both are they different enough to justify giving Rise a try?

Absoloutely. Arguably, if you like GU, Rise is an evoloution and refinement of a lot of GU's ideas.

Mainly, instead of hunter arts, you now have Wirebugs. Weapon styles are gone, but most of the good bits were intergrated into the basic weapon kits back in World, and all the other fun bits were basically added back in with Rise's wirebug system. Wirebugs act as a global resource that you can use for PARKOUR around the place, but can also pay to activate various skills shoving a giant kunai into a monster's face that duplicates all your hits when on dual blades.

• Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Absoloutely. Arguably, if you like GU, Rise is an evoloution and refinement of a lot of GU's ideas.

Mainly, instead of hunter arts, you now have Wirebugs. Weapon styles are gone, but most of the good bits were intergrated into the basic weapon kits back in World, and all the other fun bits were basically added back in with Rise's wirebug system. Wirebugs act as a global resource that you can use for PARKOUR around the place, but can also pay to activate various skills shoving a giant kunai into a monster's face that duplicates all your hits when on dual blades.

It's definitely not the case that I haven't enjoyed what I've played of Monster Hunter, but that initial learning curve is a challenge when my video game interests follow the path of SQUIRREL!

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    the learning curve is far far better in rise. you dont have like 4 very different ways weapons interact and the game is much less obtuse about a lot of its mechanics.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Only Steam sale purchase so far is the Homeworld Remastered Collection for less than 3 bucks. Seemed like a no brainer for that.

Choice paralysis on everything else though.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I've only played Rise and Worldborne, but I feel like the learning curve for Rise was a gentle bunny slope compared to Worlds onboarding.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    I've only played Rise and Worldborne, but I feel like the learning curve for Rise was a gentle bunny slope compared to Worlds onboarding.

I'd played every game since 4U, and Rise still felt like an overwhelming barrage of info boxes for the first thirty minutes.

This discussion has been closed.