As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Debate & Discourse, Outside Social Media, and You

ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
edited January 2023 in Debate and/or Discourse
Due to recent events, it seems necessary to remind folks of our policy regarding the intersection of Debate & Discourse and external social media.

Generally speaking, we do not get involved with stuff that happens in other social media. If a couple of PA regs get into a tiff on Twitter and scream obscenities at each other, we don't much care. Not our circus, not our monkeys. By extension, stuff that occurs strictly in outside social media should not be dragged into D&D. If someone says something dumb on Facebook, it is not to be dragged into D&D unless the person who posted the dumb thing decides they want to bring it up.

Let me be very clear: it is Extremely Not Okay to go trawling through Twitter so you can post their tweets in a thread in an attempt to discredit them. This should be very obvious given we don't, as a rule, want posters dragging in material from even other threads to invalidate someone's point in a current thread; we definitely don't want material dragged in from every corner of the intarwebs. It is our job to police the forums; it is not our job - or yours - to police the entire internet.

It is also Extremely Not Okay to DM people on external sites to yell at them about something they posted on the forums. This is the one exception to the We Don't Care What Happens On Other Sites rule - this is basically just a forumer skirting the rules governing forum harassment by harassing someone on another medium about forum business.

But what if the person says something that's really shitty on Twitter?
Yell at them on Twitter. We don't police Twitter. Go wild. Though really, being on Twitter is its own punishment.

But how will everyone at PA know that this person is a garbage human whose opinions should be ignored?
Not our problem. If they are pulling an extremely effective Jeckell and Hyde con, well, them's the breaks. We are not going to reward stalking people across the internet and dredging up the one shitty opinion they had on Facebook that one time, which is where this leads. It is creepy and gross behavior. Don't be creepy or gross.

But ElJeffe, how will I play Forum Batman if I can't mete out digital justice on the wicked?

Seriously though, you should see what this dude said on Twitter.
If someone posts something that is ridiculously egregious - like, a manifesto on why Handmaid's Tale is totes a great idea, or Holocaust denial - alert the mod staff privately and we'll consider it on a case by case basis.

Your ideas are terrible and you are destroying the D&D community and I hate your dumb trash face.
Duly noted.

We take the safety and privacy of our forumers seriously, and this is very much going to be a Fuck Around and Find Out situation. If you are harassing someone, you'll be eating a serious infraction at minimum, and repeat offenders are going to be banned.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
ElJeffe on
This discussion has been closed.