Options

More [TV] exists than the average human could watch in a lifetime, and that's just on CW

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    I wonder what will happen in tonight's Tuca & Bertie, titled "The One Where Bertie Gets Eaten by a Snake".

Hot date, sounds like.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I caught up on Players and it is very good as you would expect from the American Vandal creators. The actors all pull off being the awkward that most of the pro gamers seem to be in interviews, without it being lol nerds.
    Orgamizm's favorite restaurant being Dave & Busters is very funny to me. The cut from Cream asking "What's your favorite restaurant in Philly?" to the outside D&Bs killed me. Although probably accurate for a 17 year old

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    If you're looking for other great network dramas, I'd recommend ER pretty strongly. Especially early on, it's just extremely good at being TV, and when it turns into bad TV, it's completely unhinged in a really iconic way. And then at the end, it pulls it together and just turns into a good TV show again. There is a lot of it, though

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    ER is pretty wonderful because it’s got a lot of absolutely great storylines and a bunch of totally batshit ones, and it’s basically never the same show week to week.

It also started the weirdly specific trend of TV doctors who live in nearly pitch black apartments where no one ever turns on a light.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Time for Evil

How far in can they have the title sequence this time?!?

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    ER is pretty wonderful because it’s got a lot of absolutely great storylines and a bunch of totally batshit ones, and it’s basically never the same show week to week.

It also started the weirdly specific trend of TV doctors who live in nearly pitch black apartments where no one ever turns on a light.

oh no that's just how people in emergency medicine are

spending 12+ hours under them flourescent hospital lights and you are done with it by end of the day

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Also, if you work in emergency medicine your odds of getting a limb chopped off by a helicopter are GREATLY increased.

• Options
    yes obviously

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Damn…he wasn’t a big name yet but he was going to be and he was a fantastic writer but

I just learned Jak Knight died.

He was only 28 and we are going to miss out on what was going to be an awesome career

• Options
    edited July 2022

spending 12+ hours under them flourescent hospital lights and you are done with it by end of the day

My time in emergency medicine was as an EMT, so I guess I never had the same aversion to light at home. Definitely makes sense though. I always also just assumed it was a deliberate stylistic choice to contrast with the bright hospital scenes.

minor incident on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I feel like this bad Resident Evil show would be significantly better if it just dropped the whole future plotline

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Finished up 30 Coins.

Pretty fun.
    Was fun to see a Yellow Sign lovingly drawn on the chalk board of the exorcism seminar.

Also, when Fr. Angel shows his true form and transforms he is basically just the Call of Cthulhu RPGs depiction of Nyarlathotep. Also, he can change his human form to whatever he wants and just wanders around causing chaos.

In summation, 30 Coins is an adaptation of someone's Catholicy Call of Cthulhu campaign.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hmm, I did not make that connection but that does completely check out

• Options

My time in emergency medicine was as an EMT, so I guess I never had the same aversion to light at home. Definitely makes sense though. I always also just assumed it was a deliberate stylistic choice to contrast with the bright hospital scenes.

i mean it's definitely heightened for dramatic effect, but even to this day i will not turn on lights unless i need to (kitchen, bathroom, etc)

i do everything else by natural light

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

i mean it's definitely heightened for dramatic effect, but even to this day i will not turn on lights unless i need to (kitchen, bathroom, etc)

i do everything else by natural light

rs8kwcmd1owr.png

• Options
    you cracked the code

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Natural Light: Good.
    Sun: Bad.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Natural Light: Good.
    Sun: Bad.
    Natty Light: very bad

• Options
    natty daddy or bust

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    The Good Wife in 2012: Here's what Bitcoin is, here are some implications of the negatives and blindspots built into this nascent tech, do you see how this might go sideways?

Evil in 2022: NFTs are literally demonic

• Options
    edited July 2022
    the kings never miss

e: also now i am mad jason biggs hasn't shown up on evil now

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    First couple of episodes of The Leftovers were pretty good, but didn't really grab me.

"Two Boats and a Helicopter", on the other hand, was a fuckin' episode of TV. That might have single handedly convinced me that I'm on board for the rest of the season, at the very least. Wow.

minor incident on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    yknow, discovery has been up and down at best, but you know what I missed? some fuckin' star trek. Strange New Worlds make Discovery look foolish on that front almost immediately

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    i wanna watch evil and the good wife but i don't want to use paramount plus even though i have access to it

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i wanna watch evil and the good wife but i don't want to use paramount plus even though i have access to it

on my apple tv i just watch them on the apple search thingie, i don't even have the app

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    So it's been a few days, is everyone aware of the big Wesker twist in the new Resident Evil?
    So Resident Evil 1-5 are all canon. Albert Wesker is canonically referenced as having died in a volcano in 2009 ("It's okay though, he wasn't very nice.").

The Albert Wesker we're following in the series is actually a clone, "Al Wesker." He's one of three clones that the original Albert Wesker made to help him with his various projects. The other two are "Bert Wesker" and "Alby Wesker." (note: Bert Wesker rules, he has a whole exposition dump/rant in an Olive Garden while chowing down on unlimited breadsticks).

How do we find this out? An episode opens up with a flashback to the three clones (all played by Lance Reddick) working in a lab when the original Albert Wesker walks in (also played by Lance Reddick) in full Blade cosplay with the leather trench coat and glasses and everything. It rules.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    yeah, the Resident Evil show is very much my jam.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    That is delightfully silly

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    yknow, discovery has been up and down at best, but you know what I missed? some fuckin' star trek. Strange New Worlds make Discovery look foolish on that front almost immediately

It's weird, because Discovery started getting better as soon as they ditched most of the episodic bottle episode stuff they occasionally had in season 1. It's just much better at long form storytelling, and has gotten more into its groove every season, so I'd never really want it to try the "classic" Trek approach. But man, Strange New Worlds just nails that style so, so well, and I hope it never tries to start aping what Discovery is doing (and vice versa). It's awesome having both ends of that spectrum represented with very good Trek shows airing at the same time.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    I had a dream last night that there was a new Star Trek, a DS9 spin-off called Sisko's and it was his dad and Jake running the restaurant while Jake works on his writing, and it was this super low-stakes Cheers-esque sitcom.

the season finale would definitely be Sisko appearing in front of the restaurant and the last line of the episode is "I had to get out of there, Space Gods don't know what jambalaya is."

edit: Nog was in it a lot, which made me very sad

edit 2: Brock Peters is dead too, of course. this has been a bummer morning.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Evil this week was incredible.
    Leland getting absolutely bodied by 4 pre-teen girls on the internet was just *chefskiss*

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    My main snw complaints are not enough Hemmer, not enough Ortegas
    Which are pretty minor complaints! It's such a good show

Spoiler for ep 9
    rip Hemmer =(

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Ortegas and Hemmer rule. Both just such great, fun characters. I like that SNW immediately learned from Discovery’s failures there and let us get to know them immediately instead of waiting like two and a half seasons to show us that Detmer is fucking cool.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    So it's been a few days, is everyone aware of the big Wesker twist in the new Resident Evil?
    So Resident Evil 1-5 are all canon. Albert Wesker is canonically referenced as having died in a volcano in 2009 ("It's okay though, he wasn't very nice.").

The Albert Wesker we're following in the series is actually a clone, "Al Wesker." He's one of three clones that the original Albert Wesker made to help him with his various projects. The other two are "Bert Wesker" and "Alby Wesker." (note: Bert Wesker rules, he has a whole exposition dump/rant in an Olive Garden while chowing down on unlimited breadsticks).

How do we find this out? An episode opens up with a flashback to the three clones (all played by Lance Reddick) working in a lab when the original Albert Wesker walks in (also played by Lance Reddick) in full Blade cosplay with the leather trench coat and glasses and everything. It rules.

Yeah, I was mostly enjoying the show despite it's mediocrity...until this episode and I decided it ruled, actually. Lance Reddick is having a blast and I love it.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Players is genuinely having some of my favorite character arcs from any recent show.

And that it involves characters named Creamcheese and Organizm is amazing.

Ep. 8 spoilers
    Organizm finally communicating with the team which leads them to victory leading to him being able to communicate his frustrations with his family? *Chef kiss*

• Options
    The Rehearsal was fucking incredible and Nathan Fielder's brain terrifies me

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    The Rehearsal was my first experience with Nathan Fielder and I haven't screamed at a tv that much in my life. Certainly not for as many reasons at least.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    The Rehearsal was my first experience with Nathan Fielder and I haven't screamed at a tv that much in my life. Certainly not for as many reasons at least.

Oh my god, I cannot imagine coming in cold like that

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I've only had time to see the first ep of Resident Evil, but if it has more "Lance Reddick verbally eviscerating a rival parent/lower tier employee" energy, I'm all in.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    fans of Lance Reddick having the Most Fun being insane should check out the Comedy Central show "Corporate"

This discussion has been closed.