As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Tokusatsu] Kamen Rider Geats marathon starting 3PM EST on TokuShoutsu’s channels

2456727

Posts

  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    the problem is that kamen rider is a television show for 9 year olds and so the good boy goofball is just too good a cipher and lens for the viewing audience

    And said 9 year olds love big toys that do lots of noises, so that battle was lost years ago.

    WeedLordVegetaRenzoReynolds
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Fun fact: I did not realize that the Drivers in Zero-One were voiced by the members of Monkey Majik until my partner and I were almost finished with the series

    Or after depending on how you want to rank 01hers as part of the overall series

    Lanz on
    WeedLordVegeta
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Give me dem goofy good boys and big, colorful accessories. I'm here for that sort of simplistic fun.

    WeedLordVegeta
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Also it's Ex-aid & Zero-ones writer, and they did great stuff well both shows. Zero one got a bit fucked by COVID, but was still strong, and ex aid is just genuinely well written

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I wanna see some big wipeouts. Some people should get wiped out!

    And then the Kamen Rider feels real sad about it.

    uyvfOQy.png
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    qr74xdob4h78.jpeg

    Upgrade for Jeanne

    McHogerCurly_BraceMidnite
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    So a video of Geats' fight in the Revice solo-film leaked.
    Granted this will likely change some but it seems possible for Geats to fight with just half his form-armor equipped. Said form-armor called Magnum for the upper-half and Boost for the bottom. The transformation items for the series seem to half of what's been seen of the Desire Driver's front end though the video doesn't make it clear if the center core where Geats' symbol is part of one of the two halves or if it acts as a base to attach the halves to.

  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Owenashi wrote: »
    So a video of Geats' fight in the Revice solo-film leaked.
    Granted this will likely change some but it seems possible for Geats to fight with just half his form-armor equipped. Said form-armor called Magnum for the upper-half and Boost for the bottom. The transformation items for the series seem to half of what's been seen of the Desire Driver's front end though the video doesn't make it clear if the center core where Geats' symbol is part of one of the two halves or if it acts as a base to attach the halves to.

    From what we’ve seen I think
    the core is a base; you can see some LED type stuff on the half circle bit just outside it around the core of the driver that would have to be part of the driver itself on the DX belt, and it has some different patterns on it than the magatama ones we see in the poster.

    Didn’t expect that plating on the left side to be part of the Boost Handle though, that’s neat; almost expected it to function like a sword with that given the way the handle and plating almost resemble a hilt and hand guard.

    EDIT: actually hmm
    looks like at least boost houses half that circle, one sec

    s9z86onlh2ij.jpeg
    9goysciun8sm.jpeg
    0b64kij4hd2i.jpeg
    xjv03988bk54.jpeg
    w2s5pi9oajzl.jpeg

    Yeah Boost definitely has it, you’re right. Not sure about magnum though

    EDIT AGAIN: wait no I think you’re onto something here. Looking at it when it’s just magnum, you can see how the mechanism works; might make sense for that to be symmetrical then


    Lord these are gonna be pricy gimmicks this season, huh

    Lanz on
    Whippy
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    CONTINUE?
    CREDITS: x1000






    November 18, 2022

    01hers: Kamen Rider Thouser & Kamen Rider Genm - Presidents War

    EDIT: boooo, might be a false rumor that redblue fell for

    Lanz on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    So a video of Geats' fight in the Revice solo-film leaked.
    Granted this will likely change some but it seems possible for Geats to fight with just half his form-armor equipped. Said form-armor called Magnum for the upper-half and Boost for the bottom. The transformation items for the series seem to half of what's been seen of the Desire Driver's front end though the video doesn't make it clear if the center core where Geats' symbol is part of one of the two halves or if it acts as a base to attach the halves to.

    From what we’ve seen I think
    the core is a base; you can see some LED type stuff on the half circle bit just outside it around the core of the driver that would have to be part of the driver itself on the DX belt, and it has some different patterns on it than the magatama ones we see in the poster.

    Didn’t expect that plating on the left side to be part of the Boost Handle though, that’s neat; almost expected it to function like a sword with that given the way the handle and plating almost resemble a hilt and hand guard.

    EDIT: actually hmm
    looks like at least boost houses half that circle, one sec

    s9z86onlh2ij.jpeg
    9goysciun8sm.jpeg
    0b64kij4hd2i.jpeg
    xjv03988bk54.jpeg
    w2s5pi9oajzl.jpeg

    Yeah Boost definitely has it, you’re right. Not sure about magnum though

    EDIT AGAIN: wait no I think you’re onto something here. Looking at it when it’s just magnum, you can see how the mechanism works; might make sense for that to be symmetrical then


    Lord these are gonna be pricy gimmicks this season, huh
    Remember that this is gonna be a in a live-action battle royale setting so it makes sense that the Driver itself is a basic mass-produced unit from the tournament sponsor(s) made special by the unique attachments given to a player.

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    So, bets on this season having a form that drives the user crazy, and an upgrade that gives them control of the crazy form?

    ...Because they've done that for the last 3 years, and the only reason it's not last 4 years is Zi-O skipped it, while Build had it.

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Oh yeah, berserk form is tradition at this point
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    So a video of Geats' fight in the Revice solo-film leaked.
    Granted this will likely change some but it seems possible for Geats to fight with just half his form-armor equipped. Said form-armor called Magnum for the upper-half and Boost for the bottom. The transformation items for the series seem to half of what's been seen of the Desire Driver's front end though the video doesn't make it clear if the center core where Geats' symbol is part of one of the two halves or if it acts as a base to attach the halves to.

    From what we’ve seen I think
    the core is a base; you can see some LED type stuff on the half circle bit just outside it around the core of the driver that would have to be part of the driver itself on the DX belt, and it has some different patterns on it than the magatama ones we see in the poster.

    Didn’t expect that plating on the left side to be part of the Boost Handle though, that’s neat; almost expected it to function like a sword with that given the way the handle and plating almost resemble a hilt and hand guard.

    EDIT: actually hmm
    looks like at least boost houses half that circle, one sec

    s9z86onlh2ij.jpeg
    9goysciun8sm.jpeg
    0b64kij4hd2i.jpeg
    xjv03988bk54.jpeg
    w2s5pi9oajzl.jpeg

    Yeah Boost definitely has it, you’re right. Not sure about magnum though

    EDIT AGAIN: wait no I think you’re onto something here. Looking at it when it’s just magnum, you can see how the mechanism works; might make sense for that to be symmetrical then


    Lord these are gonna be pricy gimmicks this season, huh
    Remember that this is gonna be a in a live-action battle royale setting so it makes sense that the Driver itself is a basic mass-produced unit from the tournament sponsor(s) made special by the unique attachments given to a player.

    Oh yeah that part i remembered; I’d figured that the attachments in this case were specifically the disc portion of magnum and the handle of Boost, rather than the rest of the chunks that compose the full attachment [so I’d figured the disc swapped in and out on its own and the handle slotted in like a key in an ignition switch, more or less]

    Boost’s chrome-orange bits look like they open and pull back towards the handle once you activate it too


    Also same clip:
    I like that the bike takes advantage of being kitsune themed to do a cyclone homage with six tails that are also six exhaust mufflers

    Lanz on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    So someone actually subtitled that clip.
    The Driver sounds pretty great. Wenn the upper-half armor comes on, it announces it and then goes "Ready? Fight!" When the bottom-half armor was applied, it called out "Dual On: Get Ready For Boost And Magnum" which under the tournament context could also mean 'duel'. A finishing move is called a Grand Victory, the finisher used by Geats in the movie called Magnum Boost Grand Victory.

    Owenashi on
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2022


    George getting a new Rider form

    Also shots of Geats from the BF cameo

    Lanz on
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Here we go, driver:

    b0kam4b45q5j.jpeg
    p4bmszcrawqg.jpeg

    you callled it @Owenashi

    Edit: oh it’s tiny on there but Boost-top Geats as well. I wonder if magnum can be used on the bottom?

    Lanz on
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Looks like the form attachments are “Raise Buckles” and will come in various styles than just the kind we’re seeing with boost and magnum

    Namely, the form we see here with Hammer and (as our first legacy item for Geats) Revice

    hy5i6luwfm5w.jpeg


    Guess this will be how, with everyone using Desire Drivers, they’ll still create a fairly unique silhouette for each rider’s belt

    Lanz on
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Water Sniper:

    zddk59koojaw.jpeg


    Smaller Raise Buckles seem to give you… something akin to a laser tag vest?

    EDIT: I can’t tell, is the water rifle pulling double duty here as a tonfa?

    Lanz on
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    GATTAI

    98t02m3q365y.jpeg
    4hc5axx56lt9.jpeg

    And how they piece together:
    kqcqctymcenf.jpeg

    Lanz on
    ReynoldsMidnite
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    First set of Desire Driver listings up, with new information being the Revolve capacity of the Driver and what looks to be the rumored Zombie Raise Buckle:

    j3kwug7eb7db.jpeg
    ny8mywl86o62.jpeg
    yp7ldbgmif5g.jpeg
    1hdgdf5tm9g2.jpeg

    Lanz on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular


    Huh neat; I wonder if they’ll be doing the same deal as in Japan where pre-ordering nets you the Revice Raise Buckle

  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    P-Bandai will now be selling an options set for the DX Don Onitaijin that lets you recreate the sitting pose.


    \ It's time to start! !! /
    "DX Don Robotaro Movable Enhanced Version & Departure Option Set" that you can play with DX Don Onitaijin (sold separately)

    Wednesday, August 24, 2022
    Detailed information lifted & reservation acceptance start decision 🌸

    Stay tuned for more information ✨

    #暴太郎戦隊ドンブラザーズ

    Not 100% sure but it sounds like It’s a revised version of Don Momotaro’s Robotaro form that you use instead of the standard one.

    Which makes some sense; supposedly the reason the regular release can’t articulate like that, and has static skirts, is because it needed the stability for the additional combinations for Don ToraDrajin and whatever is to come later. So guessing you just swap out which version of Don Robotaro you want to use

    EDIT:

    Dengeki Hobby with shots of the fan, stool and the revised joints from the modeling tool Bandai uses:

    3hijklp159bf.jpeg
    j98s3hrodwtr.jpeg
    dom31ywrekht.jpeg
    z859txq8jp0a.jpeg

    Lanz on
    Reynolds
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2022


    Announcement for the Geats press conference's date included an updated version of the series' promo-poster.

    EDIT: First video promo for Geats, part of it being from the Revice film.



    EDIT2: Longer promo here:

    Owenashi on
    ReynoldsLanz
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    First episode of Fuuto Pi is out, and it's pretty damn good! I've never read the manga, so i'm interested to see where this goes.

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Reynolds
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    https://youtu.be/ooosc4GRvcg

    Desire Driver in action

    Edit: you can make out now how the different patterns on the buckles work; seems like it’s different little plates inside, each with their own pattern that gets lit up to display; curious how they avoid bleed through on the patterns? (When not actively cycling them that is)

    Lanz on
    Reynolds
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1553910027840364546

    A look at the Magnum Shooter which comes with the Water minor Raise Buckle.

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Watching Fuuto PI did remind me of how daft dramatically referring to an event as Begins Night is though.

    Oh well.

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    rFNnmPs.jpg

    A look at the Zero-One Legend Raise Buckle. It confirms that the LRBs will have models of the associated Rider's Driver on them which is a bit weird but I guess it helps set them apart.

  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular


    The revolve change figures are fascinating to me.

    I await someone deciding to splay the limbs out all at once and create a horrifying, Thing-esque Rider mockery

  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    DX Driver set promo unveils Buffer (or at least that’s what Toku twitter is calling them)

    g1d2pwcqo69u.jpeg


    Somehow they get the traditional O-signal gem thing (though arguably it’s done by having another slot open in the mask for the eye/visor to see through; curious if the continuous visor design thing we see on the revolve figures are actually what the rider helmets are supposed to look like without their masks on then: one continuous eye thing)

    Also interesting: Buffer seems to only have one Raise Buckle (Zombie)

    Edit: everyone keeps comparing them to Evangelion Unit-01, but honestly the vibe I keep getting is freakin’ Belial

    Ultraman_Belial_infobox.png

    Lanz on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    A magazine scan has shown off a few more head-shots of Riders in Kamen Rider Geats.
    WFaS3Of.jpg

    Perhaps they're hiding their proper looks for now but it could be interesting if some of the initial Riders never get a major Raise Buckle like Geats and Buffer.

    Owenashi on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Two more female protagonists from the Kamen Rider franchise will be seen in Girls Remix.

    Reynolds
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Sorry for the triple-post, but the Geats press conference happened yesterday. Here's a subbed version of the new trailer aired then.

  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty excited for Geats!

    I normally don't get like... excited, I just look forward to the next season

    but Geats is just hitting all the right notes. I mean it seems to be basically Ryuki: The Game, and Ryuki is one of my favs

    Hopefully Geats has a similar kill count

    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Here's a solid look at the starting line-up for Kamen Rider Geats.
    wAtwq0D.jpg

    At least in their Entry Forms.

    Forever Zefiro
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    https://youtu.be/J12lO8Z2GvM

    Here's something unexpected; Kamen Rider Double's theme song getting a fast-paced sequel of sorts for the Fuuto P.I. anime. It shows up in Episode 3.

    Owenashi on
    Reynolds
Sign In or Register to comment.